The Perks of Being a Parent

The Perks of Being a Parent

"Wait. Wait." Tiffany struggled to get out of the car and raced after her determined wife. "You can't just barge into somebody's house unannounced and fight them."

Jessica glared at her wife. "And you can't just stick your tongue in someone else's wife either. Now, move." She pushed Tiffany aside and kept her stride to Taeyeon's house.

"While you do have a good point," Tiffany darted in front of her wife once again and used her body to prevent her from taking another step, "you still have to think about the future consequences."

"What future consequences?" Jessica stopped in her tracks and looked at her wife.

"The part where you get charged for assaulting someone."

The brunette snarled under her breath and clenched her fists. The younger woman held her wife's fists in her hands and used her thumbs to the back of her hand.

"I'm going to ring tbe doorbell and you are going to be the adult. Ok?"

"'Kay." Jessica rolled her eyes and sighed. "Whatever."

The red head let out a sigh of relief. She took the steps from the front of the house to the front porch. She patiently stood in place after she rang the bell.

"Ppany?" Taeyeon's thin frame appeared behind the door. "What ar--"

"Argh!" Jessica lunged forward and tackled her to the ground. Taeyeon landed on her back and screamed in agaony. "Who the do you think you are--kissing someone else's wife!?" The older woman had an iron clad grip onto the blonde's hair. "What are you trying to pull here??"

"Sica, that's enough!" Tiffany grunted as she tried to pry her wife's hands off the poor short blonde on the floor. "She's tiny. You can seriously hurt someone her size!"

"Get off me, you crazy !" Taeyeon shrieked. Her hands trying to protect her face and push the angry older woman off of her.

Tiffany somehow managed to tear the two women off one another, "Let's be adults about this entire situation!" She screamed. "You," she pointed to her wife. "You, go sit down over there, next to the couch." Tiffany ushered her to the leather couch. "And you," she looked at Taeyeon, "this is your house so sit wherever you want."

Taeyeon glared at the brunette, "Why is she here with you anyway?"

Jessica scoffed. "You have the nerve to kiss my wife and now you have the balls to ask me why I'm here? Unbelievable."

"Please calm down, babe." Tiffany rubbed small circles on her wife's back. "We're going to talk this out like adults. That's what we always taught Krystal and Luna. Now isn't the time to be hypocrites about it."

"You picked the wrong person." Taeyeon said quietly.

"Huh?" Tiffany's attention went back to the petite blonde sitting in front of them.

Taeyeon took a deep breath and repeated it, but louder for the couple to hear. "You picked the wrong person."

"That's it!" Jessica was about to lunge forward but was stopped by her wife.

"Wait! Wait! Wait!" Tiffany screamed. She jumped forward and tackled Jessica on the couch.

"Get off me, Hwang!" Jessica screamed. "I'm trying to kick some over here!"

"It should have been me!" Taeyeon screamed. "I was there through it all! I picked up the pieces when she moved to the U.S! It was me who stood by her side for six and a half years! You stole her from me!" She began to sob. "It isn't fair! I was casted aside! I worked behind the scenes! You took all the credit! I didn't even know about you until I moved to America!"

Jessica stopped struggling in Tiffany's arms and just looked at the shattered woman in front of her. Never once had she ever heard of Kim Taeyeon. She heard of her but only because she was the senior class president and one of the smartest students. But she didn't know that her and Tiffany had some shared history.

"Taeyeon," Tiffany started. "I'm sorry you feel this way but I was never yours. There was never a me and you. I'm sorry but it has and will always be, Jessica."

"But that wasn't what you said when we were in the States." Taeyeon countered. "You told me to wait for you because you were still getting over your first love."

"You said what?" Jessica hissed. Her eyes piercing through Tiffany's very core. "You better explain yourself, Hwang Miyoung."

Tiffany gulped. She had only heard her spouse use her Hangul name three times in their entire time they shared, middle school, high school and dating days included. Then and only then did she know that she was in some deep, deep .

The first time was when they were dating. The younger woman had accidentally thrown out Jessica's air conditioner and it was during one of the hottest summers Korea ever had in a long time.

The second time was when she had given Krystal and Luna so much candy that they went to the hospital because the stomachaches were too much for the little ones.

The third time was a few years back when Tiffany and Krystal had gotten into an argument about her future and college. Krystal refused to go to Seoul University because her boyfriend had gotten accepted to Incheon University. Tiffany had already been furious of her daughter's recent choices, refusing to go to one of the best colleges in Korea had been the icing on the cake. Krystal had threatened to move out if her Appa didn't respect her wishes. The older woman's anger had gotten the best of her and ended up kicking Krystal out of the house. Jessica had refused to see or talk to Tiffany until her daughter was safe and back home sleeping in her own bed.

"Umm...." Tiffany stuttered.

"Give me a good reason to stay!" Jessica screamed. "I loved you! I trusted you! I believed you! Give me a good reason to stay!" She repeated.

"I was drunk!" Tiffany defended. "I was upset. I was missing you. I couldn't get you out of my head and I actually started to believe that I was never going to see you ever again. Appa had taken away my phone, he locked my laptop, the school library computers . He even kept a tracking device on my phone, laptop and car to ensure there wasn't any funny businesd. I was stuck."

"I didn't give up on us even after all that," Jessica said softly. Hurt was evident in her voice.

"Get out of my house." Taeyeon said coldly.

"I'm sorry, Taeyeon. I didn't mean for all of this to happen. Please believe me when I say that." Tiffany started.

"GET OUT!" She screamed.

Jessica grabbed Tiffany's arm and yanked her out of the house. A frightened Tiffany gave Taeyeon pleading looks, hoping she would do something to keep her wife from leaving the front porch, but a wooden door was slammed in her face.

"Get in the car and don't you dare say a word to me the entire ride back to our hotel." Jessica walked over to the driver's side and slammed the door.

Tiffany hung her head. She glanced over at Nicole who just couldn't do much but give her boss's daughter an apologetic look. She walked over to the passenger seat and kept her head down.

How could she even face Jessica? How can she think that even for a second that her wife didn't love her enough to give up on their relationship? There was just no way she would be able to look I to those almond eyes and not see the hurt she had caused. There was just no way.

The younger woman lifted her head up and saw her wife staring blankly at the open road. A lone tear trickled down her cheek but was quickly wiped away. Tiffany felt guilty. She felt worse than guilty. She was the scum of the Earth. She hated it when her wife cried especially since she had always been the type to hide certain emotions such as sadness.

The red head opened to say something but was quickly interrupted by her wife.

"Don't. Talk."


Beep. Beep.

Tiffany opened her phone.

Incoming Call:
Bunny

Tiffany let out a sigh before answering, "Hello?"

"Hey, I know you're out of town right now but have you heard from Yul? Youngie said that she was going to Goyang to meet up with her mom's doctor."

Tiffany leaned back on her seat and massaged the bridge of her nose. "Yeah, but she doesn't know what to expect. I don't even think Yoona knows about her trip."

"Huh."

"What?" Tiffany looked over at her wife.

"You and your friends sure love keeping secrets."

"Ppany? Are you okay?"

"Y-yeah.... Just a little car sick, is all." Tiffany forced a chuckled. "I'll talk to you later. Jessie and I should be home in a day or two. Tell the kids we love them and to be good for you and Youngie."

"Alright. Drive safe you guys. Love you."

"Love you, too. Bye." Tiffany closed her phone and went back to looking at the floor with her head hung low.

FLASHBACK

3:06AM

"Youngie..." A voice called. "Baby, wake up."

"Bu-bunny?" Sooyoung mumbled. "What time is it? Come back to bed." The taller woman pulled her wife back into the covers and wrapped her arms and legs around the blonde's small frame.

Sunny giggled at the tall woman and turned her body around so their fronts were facing one another. "Let me go." She squirmed.

"Shut up and go back to bed," Sooyoung still had her eyes closed and blindly puckered her lips in hopes to somehow find her wife's.

The short woman smiled and found the puckered up lips. "Yul and Ppany are downstairs. They wanted to talk to us about something important."

Sooyoung's eyes immediately opened. "What happened?" She sat up still holding her wife in her arms. "Bunny? Did something bad happen?"

"Shh..." Sunny cradled Sooyoung's face in the palm of her hands. "They just wanted me to come get you. I don't know what it's about either."

"Want a piggy back ride down the stairs?" She laughed when Sooyoung's back was facing her. "I may be in my 40's but as long as these legs still work, you will always get your piggy back rides."

Sunny smiled. She loved getting piggy back rides from Sooyoung. From elementary school to college, piggy back rides were her favorite things ever. It made her feel tall and Sooyoung never complained about her weight. Not once.

It was the one thing she really missed about her wife.

"Youngie?"

"Yes, my love?"

"I love you." Sunny smiled and buried her face in her wife's hair.

"I love you more."

The couple made their way down the stairs. Tiffany and Yuri had already made themselves comfortable on the couch. There was a tea pot in the middle of the round coffee table with four cups and snacks.

"I didn't know we were bringing piggy back rides back." Yuri laughed.

"I have a lot of catching up to do," Sooyoung said as she placed Sunny next to her on the couch. "So what brings you guys by at this time?"

Yuri took a deep breath and looked at Tiffany for support. The red head reached out her hand and gave her best friend's arm a gentle squeeze.

"Just tell them, Yul." She said softly.

"I found my biological parents a few years ago." Yuri started to explain. She noticed Sunny and Sooyoung's faces starting to light up but the worried look on Tiffany's kept the couple from interrupting the latter. "They looked up Unnie asking for help."

"Help?" Sooyoung asked.

Yuri nodded. "Apparently Appa had terminal stage 4 cancer. I didn't bother asking what kind but he has passed away 6 years ago. Umma had called me asking for help. She found out how successful my dance academy has been and asked me to help pay for Appa's medical bills. Unnie had said no which is why she had called me." Her hands balled into fists and started to shake.

Tiffany rubbed small circles on her best friend's back. "Yuri didn't have the money so I transfered it to her mother's account. I guess the medical bills started to catch up to her. And with her age, she couldn't afford to go back to work and pay the money back. A while ago, Yul got a call from her mother's doctor. He said that she has stage 4 melanoma cancer. The mets had spread to her brain, live and lungs."

"Yah. Kwon Yuri." Sunny said with annoyance. "Why didn't you say anything?"

"I-I di-did-didn't know h-how to te-tell you guys," She buried her face in her hands.

"We would've tried to help, Yul." Sooyoung sighed. She stood up and moved to the other couch and joined her two best friends.

Sunny stood up and joined the rest. "Did you want us to come with you?"

Yuri shook her head. "I have to do this alone."

"What happened to you?" Sooyoung looked at Tiffany.

"Taeyeon kissed me and Jessie found out." She said softly.

"How did she find out?" Sunny asked.

"I left my phone at her house and she texted Sica with it."

Sunny shook her head and sighed. She rested her head on Yuri's shoulder. The raven haired girl wrapped an arm around the short woman. Sunny patted Yuri's shoulder and took a deep shaky breath. Yuri's scent filled her nose.

"Have you been drinking?" Sunny pulled away and gave her friend a questioning look.

Yuri simply nodded. "I needed something to take the edge off."

"Okay." Sunny went back to resting her head on her best friend's shoulder.

"Have you been drinking, too, Ppany?" Sooyoung asked the red head.

"Yeah." Tiffany leaned her head back on the couch. "It's been a ed up couple of weeks."

Sooyoung leaned back on the couch with Tiffany. The older woman sunk deep into the couch and moved her body closer to the thin body next to her. Sooyoung pulled her best friend into a hug and let her cry. Hearing Tiffany's sobs, Yuri closed her eyes and sharply inhaled.

Sooyoung chuckled bitterly as she wiped her friend's face, "Hey, don't cry. We've been through worse together. Thick and thin, as long as--...." She stopped and gave Tiffany a hopeful look.

"--as long as we're together we'll always win." Tiffany sighed and finished the sentence.

"Thick and thin, as long as we're together we'll always win." Yuri repeated.

"Always." Sunny looked at her best friends and couldn't help but pull them all into a tight group hug. "I've missed this, you guys."

"Me, too." Tiffany had smiled for the first time in two weeks.

"I feel like a huge weight has been lifted." Yuri exhaled.

"You aren't out of the woods yet, Kwon." Sooyoung said. "You still have to go tell Yoona."

"Will you guys be there when I tell her?" Yuri asked.

"I'm still a little -hurt that you told Ppany and not us." Sunny crossed her arms. Yuri hung her head and nodded. "But you're still one of my best friends and I'll always be there for you."

Yuri gave her a small smile. "Thank you. I don't know what I would do without you guys."

"It's late. I'm old and I'm tired." Sooyoung chuckled. "You two take the guest bedrooms. You've been drinking. I don't want you driving."

"You guys go ahead, I'll put these away." Sunny stood up and started gathering all the things on the table and put them all away.

"Goodnight guys." Yuri and Tiffany said as they made their way up the stairs.

"Pennt for your thoughts?" Sooyoung s her arms around Sunny's waist and rested her chin on the top of her head. She slowly started to rock their bodys back and fourth.

"I'm not annoyed, if that's what you're thinking." Sunny replied.

"Mmhm." Sooyoung kissed the top of her head.

"Maybe a little annoyed."

"Yeah, okay. Sure." Sooyoung slowly started to move her lips to her wife's neck.

"I mean it, Youngie." Sunny closed her eyes and moved her head to her side.

"I believe you." Sooyoung smiled against Sunny's smooth neck and continued to kiss her.

"Shut up and take me to bed already," Sunny rolled her eyes and broke away from the taller woman's embrace. She held her hand and dragged her to their bedroom.

"I'll be doing more than taking you to bed." Sooyoung her lips and gave her favorite bunny a preditorial grin.

-----

"Can you toss me that pair of earphones?" Yuri asked.

"Yep." Tiffany threw it in her direction.

"I told you we should've waited to tell them in the morning." Yuri grumbled.

"With the kids not in the house? God knows what those two would be doing by then."

"Point taken."

"What song do you wanna listen to?"

 


(I am so so so so so sorry. Life finally got me. I got super lazy with these stories and just stopped writing. I will keep updating but it won't be as fast because I'm taking two english classes this semester along with a math class, criminal justice and li rary research. Busy busy busy.

I'm sorry if you felt like I've forgotten my lovely, beautiful readers. I haven't. These stories had always been at the back of my mind. I just haven't had the time to write. Hopefully I can still do that.

Again. I am so so so so so so sorry)