The Perks of Being a Parent

The Perks of Being a Parent

The young blonde woke up with a big grin plastered on her face. She had already talked to Krystal’s parents and they approved. So as soon as they go home, she was planning on preparing a romantic candle lit dinner for Krystal and pop the question. She walked out the guest bedroom door, only to see Krystal and Luna wrestling on the floor.

“This is your fault!” Luna rolled over and pinned her sister down by the arms.

“You started it!” Krystal kneed her sister in the gut.

“You’re an you know that?” Luna placed all her weight on Krystal’s stomach.

“And you’re fat.” Krystal locked her sister in a headlock.

“And you’re armpits smell so bad, scientists can’t even identify it.” Luna bit her sister’s arm.

“Ow! You little !” Krystal tightened the lock and used her leg for leverage.

“You !” Luna struggled to get out of the grip.

“What is going on here?” Jessica asked the two girls in a stern voice.

“Umma~ Unnie kicked me in her sleep last night.” Luna whined.

“Umma, she told me that I should go die in a hole where aliens will eat me.” Krystal crossed her arms, “And she kicked me out of the bathroom!”

The two sisters started to have a glaring contest, when Jessica interrupted it.

“You two are so much worse than when Krystal use to live here. I feel sorry for Amber, she has to deal with you every day.” Jessica rolled her eyes.

“Umma! Amber and I aren’t living together, our dorms are right across from each other.” Krystal pouted and stomped her foot.

“What’s going on up here? I was doing my morning rituals.” Tiffany asked, standing by the stairs.

“She kicked me in her sleep.”

“She kicked me out of the bathroom.”

The two sisters said at the same time and pointed at each other with accusing fingers.

“Good morning, baby.” Tiffany walked over to Jessica and kissed her cheek.

“I love you, Krysie, but you need to be nicer to your sister, you rarely come home to visit Luna, Umma and I.” Tiffany kissed her older daughter’s cheek.

“I love you too, Moonshine, but you need to start working out because Krystal can still take you.” Tiffany grinned and kissed her youngest daughter on both her cheeks and forehead.

“Good morning, Ambro.” She placed an arm around Amber and led her down the stairs, “Wanna help me with breakfast?”

Amber smiled and nodded, “I’d love to.”

“How long was Amber standing there?” Krystal asked Luna.

“Long enough to see you two rolling on the floor.” Amber looked over her shoulder and laughed with Tiffany.

“Krystal can be very childish at times. Did I tell you about the time she grabbed me by the leg and bit me? The girl actually bit me!” Tiffany said in surprise.

“No she did not!” Amber said, playing along.

“Let me tell you something, Ambro, she was about 6 or 7 years old, I can’t remember, anyway, Luna was just born. Krystal got a little jelly because I was spending all my time with Luna. So one night, she snuck into mine and Sica’s room and bit me! I was so surprised I accidentally punched Sica right in the !” Tiffany slowly punched towards Amber’s , but never made contact with it.

Amber laughed, “She is the type of person who needs to be showered with love at all times.”

“Shower. That reminds me! There was this other time where I forgot to lock the bathroom door and of course, I was taking a shower. The door suddenly opens and I think it was Sica, so you know…ahuehuehue” Tiffany winked, “But that’s beside the point. So I turn around, the next thing I know, Krystal is dragging me down the stairs and I’m completely . Now keep in mind that this was in the middle of the day and I didn’t know that my Appa, Krystal and Luna’s grandpa, was here! Krystal drags me down the stairs and there he was. My Appa was staring at me, since I didn’t have anything to cover myself with, I used Krystal.”

Amber laughed at Tiffany’s stories, “Sounds like Krystal was an interesting child growing up.”

“If you think Krystal was a handful, Luna was actually worse.”

“Really?”

“Yes she was.” Tiffany said as she started to make waffles. “Luna’s first word was ‘ert.’ Can you believe that? My own daughter, a ert. Who and where she got that from, I will never know.” Tiffany shook her head in sadness.

“Yes, shocking, Mrs. Hwang.” Amber said rolling her eyes as she started setting the table up.

“But for Luna’s first birthday, she had told me that she wanted to have Cat Woman show up at her party. So I told her that it was impossible for Cat Woman to show up because she lived all the way in America. She starts to look at me with those eyes, you know?” Amber just nodded in agreement. “So I ended up begging Jessica to dress up in a Cat Woman costume. Ahuehuehue. The next thing I know, Luna is groping her own mother’s right in front of the crowd!”

“APPA!” Krystal and Luna both shouted.

“What? I was just making conversation.” Tiffany shrugged.

“You don’t tell people that!” Luna blushed at the memory.

“I never snuck in your room and bit your leg when I was 7!” Krystal shouted.

“Oh! You’re right. Amber, Luna was 3 at the time and Krystal was 10.” Tiffany face palmed herself at her mistake.

“Appa!” Krystal covered her red face out of embarrassment.

“What? She loves hearing your stories.” Tiffany shrugged and placed the waffles in the middle of the table.

“Appa, don’t you have work?” Luna asked before taking a bite out of her waffle.

“Yes I do, my little Moonshine. Did you want me to take you to school before I go to work?” Tiffany asked, taking a seat next to Jessica.

Luna nodded with her cheeks puffed from the waffle in , “I don’t feel like walking to school, plus Sulli asked if she could get a ride there too.”

“How come Sooyoung and Sunny can’t?” Jessica asked.

“They still have to pack for their week-long vacation, remember?”

“That’s right. So does that mean that Victoria and Sulli will be staying at our house right after school? Or what?” Tiffany asked, spreading a load of butter on her waffles.

“Aunt Sunny said to take them back to their house so they can properly pack and then head back to our house.” Luna informed.

Tiffany nodded in understanding, “So KryBer, when do you guys plan on leaving?”

Amber and Krystal blushed at their new couple pet name, “Did you need us to stay here for another week? Amber and I got the entire month off with pay.”

“How did you two manage to do that?” Jessica asked surprised.

“It helps when your Appa is the CEO of the company.” Krystal smiled at Tiffany.

Tiffany rolled her eyes, “I promote you and all of a sudden you think you’re a sudden big shot.”

“But you didn’t promote Unnie. The board did, you weren’t even part of the promoting process.” Luna reminded her.

“Shut up, you little ert.” Tiffany stood up and kissed Luna’s forehead before putting her plate in the sink. “Hurry up and get ready, we leave the house in 20 minutes. Alright?”

“Okay.” Luna stood up from her chair and went upstairs to get herself ready.

Amber and Krystal also went upstairs to get themselves ready for the rest of their day. Amber kept the ring in her pocket. She needed to wait another month to propose to Krystal since the girl volunteered to stay at her parents’ house for another month. She sighed as she took her shirt off an replaced it with a fresh clean one.

“So Sica…the kids are upstairs…” Tiffany kept raising her eyebrows as she started to slowly lean close to Jessica.

“Stop with your erted smile, Hwang. I am not going to do it with you with the kids upstairs.” Jessica took another bite of her waffle.

“But Sica, we have 20 minutes. We can go twice with that amount of time.” Tiffany started kissing Jessica’s neck.

“Stop it.” Jessica warned.

“Please? I have to go to work in 20 minutes.” Tiffany continued what she was doing to Jessica’s neck.

“You plan on going to work in your pink Hello Kitty shorts and pink tank top?” Jessica smirked as she looked at Tiffany’s night wear.

 “Stay y when I get back!” Tiffany shouted as she ran up the stairs, she voice started to disappear as she started getting farther and farther away from Jessica.

“I’ve always been y.” Jessica muttered under her breath and continued eating her breakfast, enjoying the time she had alone before the rest of the family came rushing down the stairs.

“Yah! I’m the Unnie, I should be able to use the curler first!” Krystal shouted, trying to plug her own curler in the outlet.

“You snooze you lose!” Luna elbowed her older sister and shoved her hand away from the unused outlet.

“Why do you even need to use this? It’s not like you’re trying to impress someone!” Krystal used her hip to move Luna away from the mirror.

“Make way!” Tiffany shouted and made her daughters move to the side as she used the sink to brush her teeth.

“Appa, you have your own bathroom. Go use that one!” Krystal and Luna scolded.

“Sorry girlies, but the water isn’t working in our bathroom. It’s gonna take at least a week for the plumbers to fix it.” Tiffany said as she spat the white fuzz out of and rinsed. She took the curling iron out of Luna’s hands and started curling her hair.

“Appa!” Luna and Krystal shouted in frustration.

“That’s not fair, you old fruit basket.” Luna pouted.

“You’re hair is fine straight!” Krystal threw her hands up in the air in frustration.

Krystal and Luna groaned in defeat since their Appa was hogging their bathroom, they made their way down the stairs and glumly sat on the couch.

“I hate her.” Krystal muttered.

“I do too.” Luna crossed her arms along with her legs and glared at the floor.

“What happened? I heard yelling.” Jessica came in the living room and saw her two daughters pouting.

“Appa’s hogging the curling iron.” Krystal uttered.

Jessica rolled her eyes, “You could’ve used one of the outlets down here.”

“Right!” Luna borrowed her Umma’s curling iron and started curling her hair in the living room.

A few minutes had passed and everyone was ready to go.

“I’ll be back around 5:30 or 6 tonight, baby.” Tiffany gave her wife a goodbye kiss. Her attention turned to Krystal and Amber, “Be sure to do the things I asked you to do last night, alright, Krystal?”

Krystal showed her the list and smiled, “Gotchu, Appa.”

“Amber, make sure that she doesn’t get into trouble, alright?” Tiffany faced Amber.

Amber smiled and nodded, “Yes, Mrs. Hwang.”

“Bye, Sicababy.” Tiffany gave her another goodbye kiss.

“Be good at school!” Jessica called after Luna, who just gave her a thumbs up.

Tiffany and Luna rode in silence, until Tiffany’s favorite song came on the radio. She blasted the radio up and started singing –more like screaming over the radio-. Luna covered her ears to try not to go deaf and curled into a ball in the front seat.

They finally got to Sunny and Sooyoung’s house. Luna immediately ran out of the car and rang the doorbell. A few seconds later, a girl around her age answered the door.

“Morning, Luna!” The girl smiled.

“Morning, Sulli!” Luna beamed and the two girls hugged, “Where’s Victoria Unnie?”

“She’s still getting ready. I like the curls, by the way.” Sulli complimented and played with Luna’s hair for a little bit while they were waiting for Victoria.

“My stalker senses are tingling.” Tiffany awoke from her short nap in the car and looked at Sulli and Luna. “Those two…hmmm… Could it be...?”

Victoria suddenly appeared in the front door and waved at Tiffany, who smiled and waved back. Tiffany motioned the three girls to hurry and get in the car. They piled in with Victoria sitting in the front seat with Tiffany and Sulli and Luna sitting in the backseat.

“So, I hear your parents are going on vacation for a week.” Tiffany said, trying to make conversation, after all, she was never the quiet type.

Victoria nodded, “Umma said that we would be staying at your house while they’re away. So I hope you don’t mind to take us back to our house so we can pack for the week away from home.”

Tiffany gave the high school girl an eye-smile, “I wouldn’t mind that at all. It’s nice to finally have people who have manners.” She looked at her rear-view mirror and stared right at Luna.

“What?” Luna asked.

“Since when did I ever raise a ert?!” Tiffany shouted.

“Appa! I was never a ert!” Luna protested.

“Liar!”

“You raised me!”

“Shut up, ert!” Tiffany shouted playfully.

Victoria and Sulli laughed at the father-daughter moment. The Hwang-Jung household was definitely different from the Choi-Lee household.

“Don’t forget to call me after you’re done with your after school club thingies!” Tiffany called after her daughter, as she started walking with Sulli and Victoria to the front of the school.

“Okay, Appa!” Luna waved as she started to walk away.

“Be good, you little ert! Arasso?!” Tiffany shouted from the car.

“APPA! Stop it!” Luna turned around and didn’t bother to look back.

“Have a nice, productive day at school! Bye my little ert! Appa loves you!”