The Perks of Being a Parent

The Perks of Being a Parent

(guys! :D

I have 6 hours till we leave and an idea popped in my head xD)

 

“Sul?” Luna poked her head in the guest bedroom to see if Sulli was in her room.

“In here.” Sulli called from the bathroom.

Luna sat on her bed and waited for Sulli to come out of the bathroom. She buried her head on the pillow and smelled Sulli’s scent. She smiled, remembering the previous night about the two of them almost kissing, but then she frowned. How come Sulli didn’t want to kiss? Was it because she didn’t like her? Luna scratched her head in confusion.

“What’s up?” Sulli asked, sitting on the edge of the bed.

“I’m confused.” Luna said bluntly.

“Luna, when a man loves a woman, or a woman loves another woman, even when a man loves another man, they start to have urges.” Sulli started.

“Shut up.” Luna giggled and gently pushed Sulli on the shoulder.

“Why so confused?”

“I thought you liked me…” Luna started playing with the hems of the pillow case, not looking Sulli in the eyes.

“Silly girl.” Sulli laughed, “I’ve always liked you.”

“That’s not what I meant. I meant as in relationship wise, not family wise.” Luna started blushing.

“That’s what I meant too.” Sulli lifted Luna’s chin using the tip of her fingertips, but Luna still wasn’t making eye contact with her.

“Look at me.” Sulli gently ordered.

Luna’s eyes met Sulli’s, but Sulli didn’t give the other girl time to process what was happening. Sulli closed her eyes and closed the gap between them until their lips met. Luna closed her eyes and wrapped her arms around Sulli’s neck. Sulli lifted Luna with ease and placed the girl on her lap. The two finally pulled away and their foreheads were touching, both wore wide grins on their faces.

“TIFFANY!” They heard Jessica scream, moments later, they see Tiffany running as fast as she could to their bedroom.

“SPIDER!” Tiffany shouted.

“Yah! You’re the Seobang in this relationship! Do something!” They heard Jessica shout.

“Not when it comes to spiders!” Tiffany sounded as if she was on the verge of tears.

Amber and Krystal came running after.

“What’s going on here?” Amber’s voice sounded calm and collected.

“Ew! Umma! Appa! There are kids in the house!” Krystal’s voice shouted.

“What do you think happened?” Luna asked Sulli.

Sulli shrugged, “Beats me. I’ve always wished my parents were like your parents.”

“How come?”

She shrugged again, “Your parents are so chill and fun to be around. They have no shame in what they do and not care what people think. On the other hand, my parents would never show PDA in front of us, they don’t even hold hands.”

Luna hugged the other girl, “If only you knew what my parents do when it’s just me in the house. Ever since Unnie moved out, they’ve been all over each other as if I’m not even here. It’s really disgusting. I’ve been scarred for life here.”

Sulli laughed and tightened the hug, moving Luna closer to her body, “I hope we don’t end up like your parents, but also not end up like mine. Let’s find a middle ground.”

“You really plan on sticking with me for that long?” Luna asked, a little surprised.

“Silly girl, I’ve been with you since day one. I literally have loved you since the day you were born, remember those baby pictures of the two of us in the crib? I was always hugging you. I guess even when I was a baby; I knew that you have always been the one for me, Luna. You’re my moon, and I’m the sun. In order for the sun to truly be complete, it needs the moon. You complete me, Luna.”

Luna gave Sulli the brightest eye-smile she could ever have given to anyone, no doubt earning that trait from Tiffany, “You are seriously one of the best things to ever happen to me.”

Meanwhile, Victoria decided to get out of the house, to get away from the couples surrounding her. Everywhere she went. It was as if they were all taunting her. Plus, the fact that her Aunt Tiffany gave her a box of condoms for her 16th birthday didn’t really help her situation. That box of condoms has been sitting on the same spot on her desk, unopened for the past 2 years. She had never been in a relationship. She scoffed at her sad love life.

Do they not realize that she’s into girls and not guys? Maybe her Aunt Tiffany only thought of it as a joke. Her Umma and Appa laughed too when they saw the look on her face when she opened the box and pulled out a handful of condoms. Maybe they all thought that she was that one person in every family who will never find love in her life.

“An 18 year old senior in high school who’s never been in a relationship.” She laughed bitterly and kept walking.

She walked in the convenient store and bought herself a snack. She was about to open it when she saw a small child crying, clutching his bleeding knee. Victoria rushed back into the store and not even a minute later, she was carrying a box of band aids and disinfectants. She knelt in front of the crying boy and gave him a warm smile.

“Hold still, okay?” Victoria said soothingly.

The little boy wiped his tears with the back of his hand and nodded.

“This might sting a little, so you’re going to have to be brave for me, okay?” The boy nodded again.

The boy hissed in pain when the alcohol came in contact with his open wound, “Just be brave for Noona for just a little bit more.”

A few moments later, the wound was clean and Victoria was about to reach in her bag for the band aid, when the boy tapped her shoulder.

“Yes?” Victoria asked.

“Do you have a Transformers band-aid, Noona?” The little boy asked shyly.

Victoria laughed at the little boy, “Why don’t we go in the store and you pick out which box of band aids you like.”

She was about to grab the little boy’s hand when he was yanked away from her, “Yah! What did I tell you about running away like that?!”

“But you said that you weren’t going to buy me ice cream afterwards.” The little boy whined.

“I was going to buy you ice cream, but you didn’t keep your end of the deal. I told you if you got a 100% on your exam, you would get ice cream, but you didn’t. So no ice cream for you, Jonghyun.” Jonghyun’s sister didn’t seem to take notice Victoria’s presence, until the boy grabbed Victoria’s hand.

“Noona, my name is Park Jonghyun and this is my sister, Park Gyuri.” Jonghyun introduced themselves.

“Hello,” Victoria smiled and reached her hand out for Gyuri to shake, “My name is Choi-Lee Qian, but please call me Victoria.”

“Nice to meet you.” Gyuri shook her hand, “You look familiar, do you by chance to go SM High?”

“I do actually.” Victoria laughed, “We have Honors Physics and Hangul together, you probably never notice me because I’m always the sitting in the farthest corner of the classroom.”

“Waaah! Victoria Noona is smart!” Jonghyun gave Victoria a thumbs up along with a dorky smile.

“Let’s go. I promised Jonghyun here that I’d buy him a box of Transformers band-aids for his cut.” Victoria motioned them to follow her back into the store.

“You really don’t have to buy him that. We have band-aids at home.”

“Nonsense.” Victoria and Jonghyun started looking for the Transformers band-aid.

“Noona, let’s make a game.” Jonghyun grinned.

“What kind of game?” Victoria asked interested.

“First one to find the Transformer band-aids wins. Looser have to buy winner ice cream. Ready, set, go!” Jonghyun started riffling through the shelves.

Victoria used her height as an advantage and started looking in the higher shelves.

“Found it!” Jonghyun held the box in triumph and jumped up and down.

Victoria smiled and took the box, “Looks like I owe someone ice cream.”

Victoria had Jonghyun on her back, while Gyuri was walking next her. Jonghyun looked as if he was having the time of his life on Victoria’s back. He couldn’t stop smiling.

“So Gyuri, what’s your favorite ice cream flavor?” Victoria asked, trying to get the boy’s older sister more.

“Strawberry-vanilla.” Gyuri smiled, “What’s yours?”

“Strawberry-vanilla.” Victoria laughed.

“Vicky Noona, Gyul Noona, you guys are meant to be!” Jonghyun piped up.

“And what makes you think that?” Victoria challenged.

“You guys like the same ice cream! This is destiny!”

“What’s your favorite ice cream?” Victoria asked the child on her back.

“I like chocolate.” He gave her a toothy grin, but then blushed when his stomach growled.

“Someone’s hungry.” Victoria jumped up and down, making the boy on her back shake his head and bury his face in her hair, making Victoria laugh, “C’mon. My house is right around the corner, I’m sure my aunts wouldn’t mind having two extra people for dinner.”

“Oh no, we couldn’t do that.”Gyuri insisted.

“Aw c’mon. My sister and I are staying with my aunts for Spring Break because my parents are away on vacation. Tell you what, you guys eat at my aunts’ house for dinner and you’ll owe me a home cooked meal at your house. Deal?” Victoria held up a hand.

“Deal.” Gyuri shook it.

Victoria rang the doorbell and waited for someone to open the door.

“Wow Vic. You leave for a couple of hours and you come back with a family. How do you do it?”

“Aunt Tiffany, this is Gyuri and this is her little brother, Jonghyun.” Victoria introduced.

“Omo! Aren’t you just a little cutie!” Tiffany squealed and pinched Jonghyun’s cheeks.

Jonghyun grinned and transferred himself into Tiffany’s arms, “Auntie, my name is Jonghyun and I am 7 years old.”

“Cutie, my name is Miyoung or Tiffany and you don’t need to know my age.” Tiffany showed him an eye-smile and carried him into the house.

“You aunt looks like she could be 30.” Gyuri commented.

Victoria laughed, “You should meet my Aunt Jessica, she’s just as beautiful.”

“SICA! Look!” Tiffany ran up the stairs to their bedroom still carrying Jonghyun in her arms.

“Yah! Did you steal someone’s child?!” Jessica panicked.

“Sica! Don’t throw things! You’re going to hit, Cutie!” Tiffany shouted.

“Cutie? That’s the little boy’s name?”

Tiffany shook her head, “His name is Jonghyun, but I call him Cutie because of how cute he is.”

“Where did you find him?” Jessica asked, starting to calm down.

“Vic came home and brought a friend and her little brother, so they’ll be eating at our house tonight. We’ll order take out since it’s already too late for me to cook something decent for this many people.”

“Go make Krystal and Amber buy food.” Jessica walked down the stairs holding Tiffany’s hand, while Tiffany’s other free hand was carrying Jonghyun.

“Krystal, Amber! You heard, the Sargeant. Go buy us food!” Tiffany ordered.

The couple groaned and slowly got off the couch, “We’re on it.”

They introduced themselves before heading out to buy the entire family dinner.

“Umma! Have you seen my hamper? I’m supposed to be washing my under—oh.” Luna came down the stiars, with Sulli closely behind her. They stopped when they saw that Victoria had guests. “Hello, my name is Luna Hwang-Jung.”

“And I am Choi-Lee Sulli.”

“Hello, I’m Park Gyuri, it’s nice to meet you.” Gyuri smiled shyly and shook their hands.

They all sat in the living room to make everyone comfortable and there wasn’t any room for everyone to be able to have a seat if they used the dining room. Shortly after, Krystal and Amber came home with a bag in each hand filled with food, Luna and Sulli went to the car and got the drinks.

“Let’s eat! Cutie! Gyul, my dear, don’t be shy and eat.”

Tiffany smiled as she started feeding Jessica, who smiled and gladly accepted it. Krystal had her head on Amber’s shoulder while the two were eating. Luna and Sulli were secretly holding hands under the table. Gyuri and Victoria looked at each other and blushed. Meanwhile, Jonghyun was eating till his heart’s content as if he had never had a decent meal in a weeks.

“We should get going.” Gyuri said getting up, “Thank you for the meal.”

Jonghyun and Gyuri both bowed.

“I’ll take you guys home.” Tiffany and Victoria both got up and headed to the car.

“Won’t your parents be worried going home so late?” Tiffany asked.

Gyuri shook her head, “My parents both died a year ago and it’s just the two of us now.”

Tiffany looked at the two sitting in the backseat, “How have you been providing for you and you little brother?”

“Auntie, you shouldn’t be nosy.” Victoria scolded her aunt.

“Oh, I'm sorry.” Tiffany said, covering with her hand, “I didn’t mean to sound nosy.”

“It’s alright.” Gyuri laughed and Jonghyun’s cheek, who was now asleep on her lap. “Our parents were involved in a car accident, killing them almost instantly. Jongie didn’t take the news well; he suddenly stopped talking to me and would only do so when he needed something. He became very distant. I was coming home from work when the people taking care of him called and said he ran away again. I was looking for him, when I saw you two today. Today was the first time I’ve ever seen him act like his usual self. Thank you, Victoria. He seemed to have warmed up to you quiet a lot.”

“I’m still holding you on to that home cooked meal.” Victoria turned her body around to fully face Gyuri and smiled.

Gyuri smiled right back, “That is not a problem.”

When they finally arrived to the place where Gyuri and jonghyun lived, Tiffany and Victoria were surprised. The place looked depressing as if it was a prison from the outside. Gyuri scooped Jonghyun in her arms and carried the sleeping boy in the house.

“I’ll give you two some privacy.” Tiffany walked back to her car and waited for Victoria.

“I got him.” Victoria carried Jonghyun over one shoulder and followed Gyuri in the house, “What is this place?”

“An orphanage, “Gyuri simply said, “The people were kind enough to take Jongie in while I get myself settled, but once I’m done with high school, he will legally be under my care. So I’ve been saving up money to rent an apartment for a couple of months after I graduate so Jonghyun has a decent place to stay while I work.”

Victoria gently placed the boy on his respectable bed. She kissed the little boy on the forehead, “Good night, Cutie.”

Gyuri kissed his forehead too, “Good night, Jongie.”

Victoria looked at Gyuri and held her hands, “I’m here for you if you ever need anything. I hope you know that. Aunt Tiffany and Aunt Jessica are more than willing to help too. Always keep that in mind.”

Gyuri nodded, tears were threatening to fall from her eyes. It had been so long since she had someone tell that. She’s been on her own ever since her parents’ death with no one to lean on, it felt like an enormous weight had been lifted off her shoulders.

Victoria pulled her into a hug and let the girl cry on her shoulder. She pulled Gyuri tighter and rocked her back and forth.

“Shh… It’s okay. You’re okay. You’re going to be okay.” The girl tried comforting the sobbing girl in her arms. “You’ll be fine, I promise.”

A few minutes later, Gyuri’s sobbing finally subsided and Victoria kissed her forehead. “Where do you stay?” She wiped Gyuri’s tears away using her thumb.

“I stay at a temporary housing center a few minutes away from here.” Gyuri smiled through her tears.

“C’mon, Aunt Tiffany and I can take you there.” Victoria protectively held Gyuri’s hand and led her back to the car.

“Oh! Hold on a sec!” Victoria went back to Jonghyun’s room and placed the box of Transformers band-aids on his bedside table and left a note.

Cutie,

Do Noona Victoria a favor and be a good boy. Take care of your Gyuri Noona.

If you do that, I promise to take you out for ice cream whenever you want.

We’ll even go to the mall and I’ll buy you toys.

Arasso?

Love,

Vicky Noona

Gyuri smiled at Victoria’s actions and gave her a sudden kiss on the cheek. It surprised Victoria at first, but then she smiled and kissed Gyuri back on the cheek. Gyuri wrapped an arm around Victoria’s waist, the other girl smiled and wrapped an arm around her shoulders.

“Don’t take this the wrong way, but I think I’m starting to fall for you, Gyuri. Is it crazy? I think it is because we just met and all. But you--.” Victoria was silence with Gyuri’s lips.

“I’m falling for you too.” Gyuri smiled.

“I saw that.” Tiffany winked at the new couple and drove Gyuri to the temporary housing center.

 

 

(okay

this will probably be my last update for a while

so bye for now guys

<3

unnie)