The Perks of Being a Parent

The Perks of Being a Parent

“When was the last time you touched your piano?” Yuri asked, pointing to an old black grand piano in the corner of the living room.

“Since yesterday.” Tiffany said.

“You play piano?!” Amber smiled, “I do too!”

“No way! So do I!” Tiffany smiled and walked over to the grand piano.

“Play us something, Appa. It’s been a while since I’ve heard you play, Appa.” Krystal laughed.

“Sing for us too!” Luna sat in front of the piano.

Tiffany looked at Jessica and smiled, “This song is dedicated for the woman of my dreams.”

“Get some!” Yuri did a fist pump, but her forehead was flicked by Yoona.

 

Another day
Without your smile
Another day just passes by
But now I know
How much it means
For you to stay
Right here with me

 

“Tiffany… why…” Jessica looked at her phone in tears for a millionth time.

“Jessie?” Sunny looked at Tiffany’s girlfriend with a worried face.

“Wait for her? What does that even mean? I’m gonna see her tonight for dinner. She’s gonna go through our front door with that erted grin on her face and cook dinner, like she always does.” Jessica laughed and wiped her tears.

“It’s been a month. Do you really think Ppany will come back?” Sooyoung asked.

Yuri bit her bottom lip, “She did tell Jessica to wait for her and she asked us to take care of her.”

“You think it’s about her dad? He did look pretty pissed when he dragged Mushroom away.” Sunny scratched her head. “Aish. That Hwang better have a damn good explanation when she gets back.”

Jessica looked at a picture of Tiffany. That eye-smiling ert really made an impact on her life. She use to be so independent, but ever since Tiffany came in her life, she found herself depending on the younger girl more and more each day. Not a day would pass by without Tiffany uttering ‘I love you’ and ‘Hey gorjess.’ Jessica missed those. She missed the warmth and love Tiffany provided. It didn’t take an idiot to know that Jessica had been head over heels for her student since day one.

“Do you miss me? Do you even think about me? Do you know I’m waiting for you to come back? I hope you still love me.” Jessica curled up in a ball and cried some more.

Meanwhile in America…

“I have to work hard and study so I can do the impossible.” Tiffany cheered herself on. “I have to do it for Jessica. I have to graduate in less than two years so I can go back to Korea and be reunited with her. I just have to. No excuses. Hwang, hwaiting!”

She the lamp on her study table. She looked at the clock, 3:23 P.M.

She stretched and went to the kitchen and checked the time, 4:12 A.M.

“Oh . I studied for that long?” Tiffany mumbled and went to bed.

She alarm went off at 7 A.M. and she kicked herself out of bed.

“This is all for, Sica.” Tiffany kept repeating it over and over again, “Wait for me, Sica. The first thing I’m gonna is propose. Please wait. I’ll be home soon.”

 

The time we spent apart will make our love grow stronger
But it hurt so bad I can't take it any longer

 

Half a year later, a brunette had her face in her books. For the past 6 months, she would have little to no sleep at all because of all the classes she had been taking, plus work kept her busy. She had gone to the emergency room a couple times because she had passed out from lack of sleep, but obviously, that didn’t stop her. The thought of Jessica waiting for her gave the young girl hope.

“Almost there. I’m halfway with my credits. Just hang in there Jessie.” Tiffany wiped the sweat off her forehead.

“Hey, Tiff! Over here!” Her friend called and motioned her to sit with her friends.

Tiffany shook her head and pointed at her textbooks. She gave her an apologetic smile as she walked to her apartment.

“What the hell, Tiffany!” Her dad yelled at her.

“What? I’m getting my credits aren’t I? I don’t see the problem here.” Tiffany shrugged.

“You’ve been to the hospital 14 times in the past 6 months. That’s not like you.” Her dad said worriedly.

“My happiness does not concern you.”

“It does. Your happiness and health concerns me.”

“If it does, then why’d you make me move to America?! Jessica was my one shot of happiness!”

Her dad was surprised at her sudden outburst, “Jessica is way too old for you!”

“So was Mommy!” Tiffany shouted back.

“But your mom left us!”

“Just because she left us doesn’t mean Jessica is going to leave me!”

“Stop this. Stop this now!”

“No! I’m going to work my off so I can graduate in 2 years so I can see Jessica again! And the first thing I’m going to do is ask her to marry me!”

“You can’t marry that thing!”

“That thing?” Tiffany spat, “Really Dad? That thing?”

“Yes, that thing. Jessica cannot provide you a family. Jessica cannot provide you certain things, but a man can.”

Tiffany scoffed, “I think you should go now. I’ll be seeing you in two years. I will be holding that diploma and that very same day, I will be carrying a ring in my pocket and an airplane ticket in the other. You can throw all my away for all I care. As long as Jessica is with me, I don’t need anything else.

Meanwhile In Korea…

“Pink… Why the hell do I have so much pink?!” Jessica shouted as she threw a wine bottle at the wall.

She wiped her tears with the back of her hand and sank to the floor crying.

“I’m so pathetic.” She grabbed her wine glass, and threw it. The wine splattered all over the white walls in her apartment.

“I’m still waiting, Tiffany!” She shouted as loud as she could as if Tiffany could hear her cries.

 

A thousand miles between us now
It causes me to wonder how
Our love tonight remains so strong
It makes our risk right all along

 

Another 6 months has passed and Tiffany was getting more and more desperate to trying to earn that diploma. Her grades were more than flawless and her attendance record was flawless. Even her work record was flawless. She has not missed a day of school and passed all the exams with a 100%, as expected for an ambitious girl like her.

“Can your phone call overseas?” Tiffany asked her friend one day.

“Yeah, why?” Her friend asked.

“Do you think I can make a quick call to a friend in Korea?” Tiffany asked nervously.

“I think so, but the call will only last for about 10 minutes because it’s a free trail. After this call, I don’t think you’ll be able to call your friend with my phone again.”

“I don’t care! I just need to talk to my friend. I really, really miss her.” Tiffany begged.

“Here, just don’t drop it.” Her friend laughed and tossed Tiffany her phone.

Tiffany quickly dialed Jessica’s number and pressed the phone to her ear, waiting.

“Hello?” A hoarse voice answered the phone.

“Sica? Baby? It’s me.” Tiffany had tears in her eyes.

“Tiff? Is this really you?” Jessica sounded like she was crying over the phone.

“Baby, I love you so much, but I only have about 10 minutes to talk to you.” Tiffany explained quickly.

“10 minutes? What? No! I wanna to talk to you for more than that!” Jessica protested.

“I know baby, I wana talk to you too. I swear I will explain everything when I get back to Korea.”

“You’re coming home? When? How soon??”

“In about a year…”

“Oh…”

“Baby?”

“Yeah?”

“Are you crying?”

“No…” But Jessica’s voice cracked and there was a sniffle on the other line.

“Sica, wait for me. That’s all I’m asking, baby, please wait for me.” Tiffany pleaded.

“I’ve been waiting for the past year.”

“I know, but please hang in there. I promise you that things will be better between us when I get back.”

“And why should I believe you?”

“Because I’ve been busting my over here and I plan on gradating next year.”

“That’s impossible for you to graduate in just 2 years though.”

“Not for me. The only thing keeping me going is knowing that you’re in Korea waiting for me.”

There was a beep, warning Tiffany that she only had 30 seconds with Jessica left.

“Baby, listen to me, I only have 30 seconds so don’t say anything. I will be back in Korea. I will graduate within the next year and when I get back, I want you to marry me. I love you so much.”

“I love you too.” Jessica was now full on crying.

“I only have about 15 seconds left. I love you so much. I really, truly do.”

“I love you too.”

The line went dead. Tiffany wiped the tears that she didn’t realize she had and handed the phone back to her friend.

 

Things can come and go I know but
Baby I believe
Something's burning strong between us
Makes it clear to me

 

Graduation day could not come any sooner for the young brunette. She looked through the windows trying to find the perfect ring for her future wife. She had her erted grin plastered on her face as she thought of Jessica waiting for her back in Korea.

“Find anything that you like?” The store manager asked.

Tiffany smiled and pointed at a pink engagement ring, “That one please.”

The store manager took it out and handed it over to Tiffany, “Who’s the lucky lady?”

Tiffany smiled even wider, “She’s waiting for me in Korea.”

 

I wanna be looking in your eyes
I wanna be there for you
Sharing everything you do

Tiffany ran out of the airport and went straight to Jessica’s apartment. She banged on the door until she heard her lover yell.

“I’M COMING! HOLD ON!” Jessica busted the door open. “What do—“

She looked down and saw Tiffany kneeling down holding a small box. She opened it, there was a pink diamond ring.

“Jessica Jung.” She took a deep breath, obviously out of breath from running everywhere, “Like I promised. You’ve always been the one. I’ve loved you from a distance and from up close. It’s always been you, Jessie. I wanna spend the rest of my life with you. I wanna start a family with you. I wanna share everything with you. Will you make me the happiest ert ever by marrying me?” She opened the box, showing Jessica the ring.

“I do!” Jessica jumped into Tiffany’s arms and showered her face with kisses.

Tiffany cupped Jessica’s face and pulled her into a kiss. Those lips that she missed so much, she can finally kiss them.

“I’ve waited 2 long years to do that.” Tiffany whispered and captured Jessica’s lips into hers again.

 

I wanna die lying in your arms
I wanna grow old with you

Krystal was in her late teens and Luna was in her pre-teens. They had never seen their Appa look so drained and fragile. The sight broke the two girls’ hearts.

Jessica had gotten involved in a car accident, loosing so much blood that she had to be put into the ICU and monitored every hour. When Tiffany had heard the news, she literally dropped every, important documents included and rushed to the hospital. She had called Krystal on her way over to pick Luna up from school because Jessica had gotten into an accident.

Jessica lay there lifeless while Tiffany was in an uncomfortable position lying next to Jessica. Her arms locked her in a tight hug and her legs were wrapped around Jessica’s. She had tear stains on her cheeks. She was finally asleep.

“My heart just broke.” The older girl finally broke the silence between the two sisters.

“I’ve never seen, Appa look so helpless.” Luna nodded.

“She looks as if she’s holding onto Umma.”

“Like she’s afraid that if she lets Umma go, Umma’s gonna leave.” Luna agreed.

“The least we can do is support, Appa.”

A few days had passed and Tiffany still hasn’t left Jessica’s side. She would tell to Jessica about her day and not once had she let go of her wife’s hand, unless it was truly necessary. She still showered and changed, after all, she had to look y when Jessica woke up.

Tiffany wiped her tears, “I guess we’re even right? I left you years ago, and now it’s your turn to leave me.”

Tiffany laughed and pretended to be angry, “At least I was still alive! I mean, sure, I ended up in the hospital a couple of times, but I had the decency to call you. I mean, c’mon, Sica. It’s not like you’re dead…” Tiffany held back tears, “You just lost a lot of blood.”

She leaned forward and Jessica’s face, “Did you know that I haven’t been eating my veggies? If you wake up, I swear I’ll eat my veggies. I’ll even eat an entire plate of them!” Tiffany wiped her fallen tears. “I’ll finally change the tiles on the roof, even though I told you I already did that. I’ll even go to one of your boring book parties. I’ll even start going to yoga with you. You always made fun of me because I can never touch my toes.  Please, please, just wake up. Sica, just open those beautiful eyes. I already forgot what they look like.”

Tiffany started crying again and kissed Jessica’s hand. She rubbed her cheek, the water from her tears had gotten Jessica’s hand wet. Tiffany curled back up next to Jessica and fell asleep in tears again.

While Tiffany was asleep, Jessica had finally woken up. She looked at Tiffany and cleaned the tear stains on her cheeks, “Pabo, you get worried so easily.”

Jessica eased herself away from Tiffany to go to the bathroom. Tiffany’s head jerked up when she heard the toilet flush. She felt Jessica’s missing presence and started to panic.

“Sica? Jessie? Jessica?” She called her name and walked around the room.

“Yes, Tiff?” Jessica came out of the bathroom.

“JESSICA!!” Tiffany ran up to her wife and hugged her with tears in her eyes. “Don’t you ever scare me like that! Arasso?”

Jessica nodded and smiled, “Arasso.”

 

(double update :3

hope you guys like it

i'll fix the spelling/grammar mistakes tomorrow

so now...i sleep

good night

<3

unnie)