The Perks of Being a Parent

The Perks of Being a Parent

The family had moved on to the living to make themselves more comfortable. Luna was lying on the carpeted flooring. Krystal’s head was resting on Amber’s lap while Amber was it with her fingertips. Jessica was wrapped in Tiffany’s warm embrace, while Tiffany was resting her chin on Jessica’s shoulder.

“What are you majoring in Amber?” Tiffany suddenly asked, her “fatherly” instincts suddenly kicked into over drive. No way was she going to let her guard down with Amber under the same roof as Krystal.

“I’m majoring in art and literature.”

“Ahh~ so you know how to read and write in English?” Tiffany asked in English.

“Yes, I do.” Amber politely replied in English.

“How did you two meet?” Jessica asked, going back to Korean.

“I was working at the local café, when I accidentally spilled some coffee on her.” Amber laughed at the memory.

Klutz. Tiffany made a mental note.

“But she offered to buy me a new one.” Krystal laughed.

“At first, she was completely against it, but I somehow talked her into letting me make up for it by buying her dinner.” Amber smiled.

Spoiled rich kid.

“Why did you decided on Seoul University?” Tiffany asked.

“They offered me a full scholarship. I was originally from the States. I wanted to travel and experience the world a little before I settled down and have a family and stuff. I’ve been getting job offers around the area, so there’s a big possibility of me settling down in Korea.” Amber explained.

Never mind.

“I like the way you think Amber.” Jessica nodded.

“I don’t.” Tiffany mumbled in her ear, which caused Jessica to elbow her in the gut.

Tiffany quickly looked away to hide the pain, but Amber took it as a sign on disagreement to her future plans. She looked down at Krystal who was smiling lovingly up at her. Amber couldn’t help but smile right back at her. Seeing this action between the couple, Jessica looked at Tiffany, who was still in pain and kissed her cheek. The pain in Tiffany’s gut quickly faded and was replaced by a warm feeling that Jessica had always given her throughout their years of marriage.

Luna had gotten bored and nauseous to the public displays of affection the two couples were showing. She could’ve sworn that her Unnie and Amber looked exactly the same as her Umma and Appa. She stood up and started playing some music.

“Tiff, this is our song.” Jessica smiled.

“It sure is, Sica.”

 

Remember when I was young and so were you
and time stood still and love was all we knew

A young, brunette was walking to a certain classroom to see a certain teacher. She had a small picnic basket in her hand and was happily humming to herself. She was going to see the love of her life. She had gotten up extra early in order to prepare this special meal. It’s already been a year since their first date, yet the butterflies in her stomach never went away every time she thought about her beloved Jessica Jung.

The brunette knocked on the door and poked her head in the classroom. There she was. The most beautiful woman she has ever seen in her life. The love of her life, the one she knew she’d spend the rest of her life with. Jessica had fallen asleep from grading papers. Tiffany smiled and sat on the desk in front of Jessica. She rested her chin on her palms and smiled at the woman sleeping.

“How can someone ever be so beautiful?” She sighed and kissed Jessica’s forehead.

She didn’t bother to wake the sleeping woman up for she knew that she’s face hell if she ever woke Jessica up from her sleep. The younger girl just sat there and stared at her lover’s beautiful face. She couldn’t stop smiling.

 

Jessica smiled and kissed Tiffany on the lips, “I love you.”

“I love you too.” Tiffany kissed back and smiled back.

Amber looked at her girlfriend’s parents and smiled, “I want something like that with you, Krystal.”

Krystal sat up and kissed Amber’s cheek, “I want that same thing with you too.”

 

We lived and learned, life threw curves
There was joy, there was hurt
Remember when

 

“Where the hell have you been?!” A blonde shouted.

“What do you mean?! I just got home. Will you stop yelling at me?!” A brunette shouted back and started walking away.

“Tell me where you’ve been!” The blonde forced the brunette to face her.

“Will you just let me go, Jessica?” Tiffany tried forcing Jessica’s hands off of her.

“I’ll let you go when you tell me where you’ve been.” Jessica kept a firm grip on Tiffany’s shoulders.

“I’ve been at school, alright? God damn.” That was the very first time Tiffany had ever cursed at Jessica.

“What did you just say?”

“I WAS AT SCHOOL, GOD DAMMIT!” Tiffany clenched her fists, her nails digging into her palm.

Smack.

“There you go. I hope you’re happy.” Tiffany had tears in her eyes as she picked her backpack back up and left their apartment.

 

 

We came together, fell apart
And broke each other's hearts
Remember when

Jessica had woken up with a throbbing headache. She looked around the room, it was unfamiliar and she felt something move beside her. She looked down and saw a figure sleeping beside her.

“Oh God.” Jessica gasped.

It had been less than 24 hours ago that her and Tiffany had their biggest fight in their entire 2 years of their relationship. Their fights had never gone longer than a week, but this one had been going on for weeks, leaving her and Tiffany in silence for the past week.

She quickly got dressed and went straight to Tiffany, in the end, she ended up telling her everything.

“Tiff, I’m sorry.”

“No, Jessie, I’m sorry.”

“I didn’t mean to cheat on you.” Jessica had tears in her eyes when she hugged Tiffany’

“I shouldn’t have gotten mad and ended it between us.” Tiffany hugged Jessica tightly and started to cry too.

“I will never do it again, ever. I love you too much to hurt you like that,” Jessica said in between sobs.

“You had every right to do something like that. You slept with him right after we broke up, you were drunk. I was stupid for breaking us up.”

“No, I should’ve trusted you more, I’m sorry.”

 

Remember when the sound of little feet
was the music

Tiffany and Jessica are happily married. They have been 2 years into their marriage, and they were happy. Tiffany was already 21 and Jessica 28 years old.

It was 3 in the morning and Tiffany was exhausted. Jessica had her running around town buying her ice cream, books, sappy romantic movies and what-not, but she didn’t care. She loved Jessica and would do anything for her wife.

“Tiffany.” Jessica shook Tiffany until she woke up.

“Yes, Sica? Did you need anything? Did you want me to go back to the store and get you some more chocolate ice cream?”

“Tiffany--.”

“Did you want me to get you another movie or a book?”

“No, I—“

“How about—“

“How about you let me finish?”

Tiffany laughed and nodded.

“I’m having the baby.”

“Oh, Jesus!” Tiffany jumped out of bed and threw the bags into the trunk of her car. She started the car and pulled out of the drive way.

“Seatbelt, Si—“ Tiffany reached over the passenger seat when she realized she had left her pregnant wife back at the house.

She ran back to their bedroom and easily scooped the pregnant Jessica in her arms and carried her to the car.

“Pabo, did it ever occur to you that you need your pregnant wife in order to have the baby?” Jessica laughed.

“Yah! How can you be so calm right now? We’ve having a baby!” Tiffany shouted in the car as she started driving to the hospital.

“Because you’re doing all the panicking for me.” Jessica giggled.

A few hours in the delivery room, a baby girl was finally born.

“Sica, she’s so beautiful.” Tiffany had tears in her eyes, “I promise that I will do whatever I can to make you happy. It doesn’t matter whether I can do it or not, I will do it and you wanna know why?”

Tiffany kissed her baby girl on the forehead, “Because I will love you with all of my heart. Not a day will ever go by without you hearing ‘I love you.’ As long as I am still breathing, I will always tell you that I love you, Krystal.”

 

Brought back the love, we found trust
Vowed we'd never give it up
Remember when

“I know pronounce you, wife and wife. You may now kiss the bride.”

Jessica threw her arms around Tiffany and kissed her.

“I love you so much.” Tiffany kept whispering those words into Jessica’s ear the entire plane ride to their honeymoon.

Jessica smiled, “I love you too.”

 


Remember when thirty seemed so old
Now lookn' back it's just a steppin' stone
To where we are,
Where we've been

“Happy birthday Sica!” Sunny, Yuri, Sooyoungand Tiffany shouted as streamers and confetti were thrown in the air.

“Happy birthday to you~

Happy birthday to you~

Happy birthday dear Sica~

Happy birthday to you~”

The four friends sang happily and clapped their hands as they sang.

“How does it feel to be 30?” Sooyoung asked her.

“I feel old.”

“Umma! Look!” A 3 year old came wobbling over to Jessica and hugged her legs. “Appa and I made you something.”

“What is it?” Jessica bend to the child’s level and picked her up.

“Appa, show Umma!” The little girl happily clapped her hands, no doubt getting that trait from Tiffany.

“Calm down, Krystal.” Tiffany laughed as she went to Krystal’s bedroom and handed Jessica an envelope.

Dear Umma,

Can u believe tat I am riting this to u?! :DD Appa is sitting right hur nest to me helping me with dis lettur. Hello. My name is Krystal Hwang~Jung :D Umma! I am a big grill now! :D Appa even told me. She said that one day Im gonna gona be just like u! :D lik what Appa toht me? :D it’s a happi face! :D

luv,

Krystal Hwang-Jung

 

When the children grow up and move away
We won't be sad, we'll be glad
For all the life we've had
And we'll remember when

 

 

“Are you alright?” Tiffany looked at her wife who was wiping tears away.

“I’m fine.” Jessica sniffled, “This song always brings back memories.”

Tiffany smiled and kissed her tears away, “Don’t worry, Sica. I won’t be going anywhere now. Together forever right?”

Jessica smiled and wiped the last remaining tears away, “Together forever, Tiffany Hwang.”

 

(was this too long? D:

sorry for the grammar mistakes

<3

unnie)