The Perks of Being a Parent

The Perks of Being a Parent

“Appa! Get up! Get up!” A little girl jumped up and down the bed, waking up her two parents.

“Krystal…please, we’re trying to sleep.” A red head groaned.

“But Appa, today is the first day I start kindergarten!” The child kept jumping up and down.

“Umma!” The small girl straddled a blonde and shook her shoulders. “Umma! Wake up!”

“Krystal Hwang-Jung, will you calm yourself? Umma is trying to sleep.” The blonde rolled over, not forgetting to throw the blanket over herself.

The short girl puffed her cheeks, obviously giving up on waking her Umma up, so she moved on to her Appa.

“Appa! You need to get ready too so you can take me to school!” The little girl jumped on her Appa’s back.

“Oof!” Her Appa groaned.

“Jeez. I’m up. I’m up.” The red head slowly got up, only to have a little girl leap into her arms.

“Appa! Saranghae!” She made a heart with her small arms.

“Appa loves you too, Krysie.” The red head kissed her daughter on the forehead.

“Rise and shine, sleeping beauty!” The red head held on to Krystal and rolled over to her wife’s side of the bed, so that the two of them were on top of the sleeping blonde and being extra sure that she didn’t disturb the other child that was currently in Jessica’s belly.

“YAH! Tiffany Hwang! Krystal Hwang-Jung! I am trying to sleep here!” The blonde shouted.

“Uh-oh. You woke Umma up, Appa.” Krystal looked scared.

“Krystal…”

“Yes, Appa?”

“Run.”

Tiffany scooped the little into her arms and made a run for it down the stairs. They could hear the blonde’s heavy footsteps as they found their hiding spot.

“Appa, do you think Umma will find us here?” Krystal asked in a whisper, she made herself comfortable in her Appa’s warm embrace.

Tiffany shook her head, “I don’t think she’ll know that we’re hiding in the coat closet.”

Krystal sneezed. They both froze. Neither of them dared to move a muscle.

The  door suddenly creaked.

“Krystal…don’t move…” Tiffany whispered in her daughter’s ear.

“She looks biscuits, Appa…” Krystal whispered back.

“Vicious, sweetie.” Tiffany quietly corrected her daughter.

 

------

 

“Tiffany? Tiffany?”

“What? Huh?”

“You’ve been spacing out on me. What’s wrong?”

The red head sighed and looked at her blonde wife with a pouting face.

“What’s with the face?”

“Sicababy, we’ve been married for 24 years. Krystal is graduating college soon and has been dating that Amber person for a year now. Before you know it, Luna is going to be to dating soon. She’s 15 for goodness sakes! Then, we’re going to be all alone when Luna moves out. Krystal said that we’d be meeting him today, and hopefully soon. I wanna see what this guy is up to, taking my Krystal away from me like that. Before you know it, Luna’s gonna start dating too. Did you know that she asked me a really weird question the other day?” Tiffany pouted.

“You’re worrying too much about those two.” Jessica rolled her eyes at her wife’s over protectiveness.

“Yah! I had a dream last night… Ahuehuehue.”

“Is there some fantasy you wanna get out of your system?” Jessica asked.

“Well…no! We’re talking about the kids here.” Tiffany folded the newspaper and threw it on the table, “Look around you, Sica. My whole life has been always revolved around you and the kids. I have so much love to give and there’s no one to give it to.”

Only Tiffany can make a 5 second question into a 5 minute speech. Only her Tiffany. Jessica internally smiled at her wife, even though she looked bored on the outside.

“Get to the point, Hwang.” Jessica crossed her arms.

“I want us to have a pet!” Tiffany gave her one of her best eye-smiles, ever.

“You know how I feel about pets in the house. I’m already dealing with three of them.”

“Yah! First of all, I’m taking care of you three. And second of all, please, please. Pleeeease!” Tiffany hugged Jessica around the legs.

“No! Now, go get ready for work! Your dad’s gonna have another cow if you’re late one more time.” Jessica scolded her wife.

“Today’s my day off.” Tiffany hugged her legs tighter.

“I’m home!” A voice came from the front door.

“Tiffany! Get off my legs!” Jessica shouted, trying to set her legs free from the younger girl.

“Jessie~! Please~! Just one pet. That’s all I ask.” Tiffany buried her face in Jessica’s legs.

“Yah! Hwang! Get off of me!”

“Umma. Appa. I’m home.”

“Krystal!” Tiffany let go of Jessica’s legs and threw her arms around her daughter, “Welcome home!”

“Appa…stop it…” Her 21 year old daughter whined.

“Oh hush.” Tiffany said, still hugging her daughter.

“I want you guys to meet someone.” Krystal said.

“Appa! Umma! How come neither of you decided to wake me up? I’m late!” Luna shouted.

“What time does school start?” Tiffany asked.

“Three hours ago.” Luna groaned.

“Just stay home then.” Tiffany grinned.

Jessica rolled her eyes at her wife’s antics and just kept on eating her breakfast.

“Umma, why didn’t—nevermind.” Luna sighed and sat on the chair in front of Jessica.

“Who is this fine young man?” Tiffany asked, looking at the person with the short blonde hair, standing awkwardly by the front door. “Come in. Come in.” Tiffany ushered him to come inside the house.

“Please, make yourself comfortable. Is there anything you would like? Water? Juice? Milk?” Tiffany asked, making the blonde boy sit on the dining table.

“Umma, Appa, this is Amber. My girlfriend.”

“Girlfri--?” Tiffany choked on the air she was inhaling.

 

(don't worry

their history will soon be revealed as the stroy progresses

<3

dongseng & unnie)