The Perks of Being a Parent

The Perks of Being a Parent

 

"Can I talk to you for a second, Minho?" Seohyun asked. 

Minho turned the TV off and looked at his wife, "Sure. What did you wanna talk about?"

"Why are you being such an to Amber's girlfriend's family?" Seohyun crossed her arms. 

"Babe, they're not normal."

"How so?"

Minho took a deep breath, "To be completely honest with you, I was never on board with Amber being… who she is. I tried to look past it as she started growing up, but I was still pretty disgusted by it. I was fine with her dating girls, but when she brought Krystal home to meet us, I kept my distance. But brining Krystal's moms here is too much for me." 

Seohyun glared at him, "You don't accept who our daughter for who she is? She isn't even yours. You have no right to judge mydaughter that way."

"See? This is exactly why I didn't wanna meet her parents."

"What are you talking about?! It was your idea!" Seohyun was now yelling. 

"That was when I thought her parents werenormal!" Minho shouted back. 

"Why the hell are you still here then?!" 

"You want me to leave?!"

"Yes! Jerks like you shouldn't exists. Tiffany, Jessica and Krystal are going to be family. If you can't accept that, then, I don't see why you should be here." Seohyun crossed her arms. 

"You're seriously picking them over me?" Minho asked in disbelief. 

"I'm not picking them over you. I'm picking Amber over you." 

"Fine." Minho took a bag and started stuffing his clothes in it. "You're going to regret this, Seohyun!"

Seohyun shook her head, "You made me realize how much of an you are."

"You know what, you. you all! I hope you have a ing nice life without me!" Minho shouted as he came down the stairs carrying is bag. 

" you too!" Seohyun followed him. 

"I don't need you as my wife!" Minho opened the door. 

"Good! Divorce papers are on their way!" Seohyun shouted and slammed the door as Minho walked away. 

She sighed and massaged her forehead. She sat on the nearest chair and tried to clear her mind. She looked behind her and saw Krystal, Tiffany, Jessica and Amber looking at her. 

"Umma..." Amber started. 

Seohyun shook her head and started to slowly walk to the bedroom and closed the door behind her. Krystal looked at her Appa and gave her a look, telling her to go talk to Seohyun. Tiffany gave her daughter a questioning and hesitant look before looking at Jessica. Jessica nodded and used her chin to point at the door Seohyun just closed. Amber looked at her aunt and nodded too. 

Tiffany slowly got up and walked towards the bedroom. She stood in front of the door for a few seconds before softly knocking on the wooden rectangle. She held her breath when she heard the door creak open. 

"Yes?" Seohyun asked softly. 

Tiffany didn't say anything, she just took a step forward and hugged Seohyun. After a little bit, Seohyun finally hugged Tiffany back. The shorter woman could feel the tears staining her shoulder and hugged Seohyun even tighter. 

"You don't have to talk about it. You can tell us when you're ready." Tiffany said soothingly. 

Seohyun nodded and pulled away from Tiffany. She wiped her years away and gave her a weak smile. Tiffany smiled and linked her arm with Seohyun's arm. 

"C'mon. I make a kickass fruit salad." Tiffany led her down the stairs where the others were patiently waiting. 

Jessica frowned a little when she saw her wife's arm linked to someone else's wife. Krystal saw her Umma's face and rolled her eyes. Amber looked at the two of them and smiled sadly. She went up to Seohyun and hugged her crying Umma. Seohyun hugged Amber back and eventually pulled away.

“I’m sorry, Umma.” Amber said sadly.

Seohyun shook her head, “I love you more than I love Minho. I’m going to do whatever I can to make you happy.”

Amber shook her head, “How can I be happy when you’re not happy?”

“You’re with Krystal. I know how much she loves you and how much she makes you happy. That’s enough to make me happy.” Seohyun kissed Amber on the forehead.

“Umma…” Krystal said softly.

“Yes, sweetie?” Jessica looked at her.

“You’re willing to do whatever you can to make me happy right?”

Jessica shook her head, “No, but your Appa is always more than willing.”

“Umma!” Krystal smacked her mother’s shoulder.

Jessica laughed and hugged Krystal, “Of course. I want you to always be happy.”

Tiffany smiled at the sight of her daughter and wife hugging. She felt a nudge on her side. She looked up and saw Seohyun smiling at her. “Thank you.”

Tiffany nodded, “You’re always welcome to come and stay with us, if you’d like.”

Seohyun smiled and shook her head, “Thank you, but no thank you. I’ll be staying here until things die down between Minho and I.”

Meanwhile….

“Yuri! I can’t find them!” Yoona panicked.

“What do you mean?! You were with them a few minutes ago!” Yuri shot up from her comfortable position on the couch.

“I was following them, but then they just took off!” Yoona shook Yuri’s shoulders.

“Woman!” Yuri tried to get out of Yoona’s grasp. “Calm yo !”

“What did you just say?” Yoona asked in a menacing voice.

“I love you…?” was the last thing Yuri said before she got a painful kick in the shin. Yuri was on the ground hugging her hugging her shin.

“Hm.” Yoona crossed her arms, stepped over Yuri and walked to their bedroom.

“We’re home!” Sulli shouted.

“What are you doing, Auntie?” Luna asked.

“Why did you two brats run away from Yoona? She kicked me in the shin because of you!” Yuri shouted at the two teenagers.

“We’re sorry Auntie. We told her that we were going to go watch a movie.” Luna shrugged.

“You never told her because if you did, my shin wouldn’t be hurting right now!” Yuri snapped.

“Calm yo Auntie. It’s no big deal. It’s not like we got or something. Everything’s fine and dandy.” Sulli waved her off and sat on the living room with her girlfriend.

“Sulli, it’s getting late. What time did Sooyoung want you home?” Yuri asked.

Sulli checked her phone, “Oh shoot. I’m supposed to be home in 10 minutes!”

“I’ll drive you.” Yuri took her car keys and headed for the door with Sulli.

“I’ll see you tomorrow, Moonlight.” Sulli smiled and kissed Luna on the cheek.

Luna blushed, “I’ll see you tomorrow, Sul.”

Sulli waved and headed to the car, turning around every other step to wave at Luna. Luna would laugh and wave back, until Sulli was fully inside Yuri’s car. Luna’s phone rang shortly after Sulli drove off in Yuri’s car. She read her text message and smiled when she saw that it was from Sulli.

A few moments later, Yuri came home and placed an ice pack on her shin.

“Hi, Auntie.” Luna smiled as she started brushing her teeth.

“Hello.” Yuri washed her and dried her face.

Luna finished brushing her teeth, “How’s your shin?”

Yuri nodded, “It’s alright.. Don’t stay up too late texting Sulli. Your Umma, Appa and Unnie wil be home sometime on Tuesday because something came up, so I’ll be stuck with you for a couple more days.” Yuri sighed.

“Glad to know I’m still wanted here.” Luna said sarcastically.

Yuri laughed, “What time is Sulli coming over again?”

“She said sometime in the afternoon.”

“Did she want to eat lunch at our house?”

“She didn’t say.” Luna finished her hair. “Goodnight, Auntie.”

“Goodnight.”

Yuri took the ice pack and walked to the bedroom she shared with Yoona. She saw Yoona lying on the bed with a book in front of her face. Yuri silently walked to her side of the bed and placed the ice pack on her injured shin. She carefully placed the blanket over herself, so she wouldn’t disturb her girlfriend’s late-night reading. She placed her pillow under her shin in order to keep it elevated. Yuri flinched a little when she moved her shin, but soon laid back down. Yoona eyed Yuri’s every movement. She felt guilty for kicking her girlfriend on her shin. She frowned at her horrible action. Because of that, Yuri was sleeping without a pillow and a hurt shin.

“Stop staring.” Yuri said, still with her eyes closed.

“I wasn’t staring.” Yoona closed her book and turned the lights off.

“Okay.” Yuri groaned as she shifted her position with her back facing Yoona.

Yoona sighed and hugged her girlfriend around the waist and rested her head on her neck. “Goodnight, Yul. I love you.”

Yuri yawned, “I love you too. Goodnight.”

Yoona tightened her grip on Yuri as the other girl snuggled in her embrace. Yoona closed her eyes and let the drowsiness take over her body.