The Perks of Being a Parent

The Perks of Being a Parent

Jessica had woken up wifeless. She rubbed her eyes and made her way downstairs. She frowned when she saw Tiffany and Seohyun singing and dancing as they made breakfast. That was Tiffany’s morning rituals and here she was, doing it with Seohyun.

“Morning, my lovely Jay.” Tiffany beamed her eye-smile and gave me a kiss on the cheek.

“Good morning, Jessica.” Seohyun smiled and went back to cooking.

“Good morning.” Jessica’s frowned turned into a grin when Tiffany kissed her cheek.

“How’d you sleep, my love?” Tiffany asked, flipping pancakes.

“I woke up and you weren’t beside me.” Jessica pouted.

“I always have to wake up before you do. Why are you suddenly bringing it up?” Tiffany asked, she placed a plate of pancakes and placed the bacon into a smiley face.

Jessica smiled, “Thank you.”

“Anything for you.” Tiffany kissed her wife’s forehead.

“Morning, Umma, Appa, Mrs. Seo.” Krystal came down the stairs, rubbing her eyes.

“Morning.” Tiffany gave her daughter a hug and placed a plate of pancakes and placed the bacon in a silly face.

Krystal laughed at her bacon, “It looks like you, Appa.”

“Shut up and eat.” Tiffany glared. Her phone suddenly started ringing.

“Appa!!”

“Yell louder. I didn’t hear you the first time.” Tiffany pulled the phone away from her ear.

“Appa! I made the team!”

“She made the team?” Jessica placed her ear next to Tiffany’s to listen.

“Yes, Umma! I  made the basketball team!”

“When’s your first game?” Tiffany asked, jumping up and down.

“I don’t know yet, but you better come or I will find a new family.” Luna threatened.

Jessica rolled her eyes, “Who’s going to put up with you?”

“Yeah, Moonshine. No one loves a ert.” Tiffany shook her head.

“You’re the one to talk, Appa. Oh. Mr. Choi stopped by. He said he missed Umma.”

“That bastard! He needs to find another woman!” Tiffany yelled through the phone.

“Minho? Seohyun asked.

“A different Minho. You have Lee Minho. This bastard is Choi Minho. The neighborhood’s.” Tiffany explained.

“I have to go, Appa, Umma. Tell Amber to be gentle with unnie.”

“Yah!” Krystal snatched the phone, but Luna had already hung up.

“What’s with all the yelling?” Amber asked, “You guys woke me up.”

Tiffany pointed at Krystal, “She did it.”

“Appa!” Krystal glared.

Tiffany shivered, “You remind me of your Umma so much.”

“She was raised right.” Jessica smiled and nodded in approval.

“And Luna wasn’t?” Tiffany raised an eyebrow.

“You raised her, that’s why she’s a ert.” Krystal said, sharing her plate of pancakes with Amber.

“Breakfast is still good, Player Hwang.” Amber gave Tiffany a thumbs up.

“Thanks as always, Ambro.” Tiffany pointed at Amber with her spatula.

Seohyun just stood there, observing the scene unfold right in front of her. Is this how they normally act? Have they always been this friendly? How can they be so care free and loving? How come my family isn’t like that?

Seohyun’s mind started to wander and thought back to all the times her and her family ate in silence. All those times she had rejected Minho, trying to hold her hand in public. All those times she had fallen asleep early in the night before Minho even came home. All those times Minho would just come to bed. All those good morning kisses she hasn’t received. All those lonely nights. All those unsaid words.

“Everything alright?” Tiffany nudged Seohyun on the side.

“Remarrying Minho was the biggest mistake of my life.” Seohyun said in a distant voice.

“What do you mean?” Jessica asked.

“We were married, but I was lonely. He never acted like a husband to me. I always felt like I was the only one in this marriage. It takes two people to make a marriage and looking back on it, I’ve been the only one working hard to save our marriage. And frankly, I’m done with it.” Seohyun explained.

Amber smiled, “Good. I never liked him in the first place.”

Seohyun rubbed her temples and sighed, “I’m just done with him.”

 

(really sorry for the short update guys :/

so... i made an instagram.... :3

anyone wanna follow me there?

imnotmarybelle

that's my username :3

i promise to follow you right back

<3

unnie)