The Perks of Being a Parent

The Perks of Being a Parent

The next day, Sunny had to work late, so she had to cancel her date with Sooyoung for another time. It was around 8 in the evening when Tiffany entered her office.

"What is it Ppany?"

"What time are you planning in going home?"

"Around 11 or 12. Why?"

She shrugged, "Don't you think you're working too hard?"

Sunny shook her head and laughed, "This is actual work not the I'm-gonna-sit-here-and-play-games-on-y-laptop type of work. I'm actually working."

Tiffany laughed, "That's my version of work to pass the time. Take a break when you get tired, alright?"

"Yes, boss." Sunny gave her an adorable salute.

Tiffany saluted right back and left er office.

"Hey, is Sunny still in there?"

"Yeah.  She's pretty busy though, but I think it's about the time she'll eat dinner."

"Thanks Ppany."

The person gave Tiffany a hug and went to Sunny's office. They knocked on the door and poked their head inside.

"Bunny? Are you busy?"

"Youngie? What are you doing here?"

"I have dinner." She smiled and showed her two plastic bags and a cup of coffee in the other.

"Thank you so much." Sunny smiled and kissed her tall wife.

"Anything for my little Bunny." Sooyoug placed everything on the table and started feeding Sunny.

"What brings you by?"

"Can't I surprise my wife at work? Besides you cancelled our date so I had the entire night off." Sooyoung let Sunny sit on her lap. "Sorry I didn't let you sit on my lap last night. I had a lot on my mind. I'm sorry."

"It's alright. You're letting me sit on your lap now." Sunny smiled and ate some of the food and fed some to Sooyoung every once in a while.

"It's been a while since I've visited you at work, ha?"

Sunny nodded, "You use to visit me all the time when we were in college. How come you don't visit me anymore?"

"Because I grew up."

Sunny stopped eating and looked at Sooyoung, "I never wanted you to grow up. I wanted you to stay the way you were."

"Then why did you always tell me to grow up?"

"I don't know. I was wrong to try and make you change. I miss the old Sooyoung. That was the Sooyoung I fell I love with so many years ago."

"You don't love the me now?"

"I do love the you now, but I miss the old Sooyoung. She was the reason why I loosen up and let loose. Remember how uptight I use to be before I met you? You broke me."

"What exactly do you miss about the old me?"

"I miss the public displays of affections. The surprise kisses you always gave me. The random compliments. Our pointless, petty arguments."

"We still do all those things."

"Sooyoung, when was the last time you kissed me in front of the kids? When was the last time you held my hand in public? When was the last time you kissed me in front of our friends?"

Sooyoung was silent for a minute, thinking about what the new information Sunny had just told her.

"Bunny... I didn't realize I had been all these things to you. I have a lot of years to make up for it. I promise I'll make it up to you."

"You promise?"

Sooyoung nodded. "Starting now."

Sooyoung took a hold of Sunny's hand and led her to the car.

"Where are you taking me?"

"Somewhere. Now shut up and cooperate." Sooyoung laughed and kissed her.

Sunny crossed her arms and just stayed quiet although deep inside she smiled to herself. This was the first time in years that Sooyoung had done something like this. It felt like the good old times back when the were in college.

"Why are we home?" Sunny asked.

"VICTORIA! SULLI! Get your butts down here!" Sooyoung shouted.

"Appa, why are you yelling?" Victoria looked irritated.

"We're going somewhere." Sooyoung smiled.

"Why?" Sulli asked.

"Famiy outing." Sooyoung grinned.

"This late?"

Sooyoung frowned st her youngest daughter's question, "It's 9 in the evening. We can still go to the carnival. Hurry up and change. We'll be leaving in 15 minutes." Sooyoug stomped her foot and pouted.

Sunny laughed at her wife's new antics. She loved this side of Sooyoung. She questioned herself to why she had wanted her to change in the first place.

They went to their bedroom and changed into more cofortable clothes. Sunny changed into high waisted shorts and a loose t-shirt with a thin cardigan with brown sandals. Sooyoung wore jeans, a long sleeve shirt and a loose sweatshirt with Converse. Her eldest daughter wore shorts and a loose sweatshirt with Vans, while her youngest wore skinny jeans and a black leather jacket with black sandals.

"Let's go!" Sooyoung took Sunny by the hand and ran to the car.

Victoria and Sulli both looked at each other.

"You saw that right?" Victoria asked. Sulli nodded. "Okay good. I thought I was starting to see things."

"You think they fought earlier? Appa's usually like this after a fight."

Victoria shook her head, "Umma doesn't look annoyed. Usually she'll hate it when Appa tries to hold her hand."

"Then what happened?"

"Girls! Time is of the essence!" Sooyoung called after them.

"What happened to you, Appa?" Sulli asked when they got in the car.

"Your Umma reminded me of how uptight I've been getting and how much I've been working. That's all going to change now. I'm going to be spending a lot more time with my family." Soyoung smiled and sped to the carnival.

"About time, Appa!" Sullia patted Sooyoung's hair.

"Yah. Do you have any idea how much time and effort I put in this hair?" Sooyoung glared at Sulli.

"It looks like a 5yr old curled your hair with crayons."

"Yah! Take that back!" Sooyoung shouted as she ran after her daughter.

"Appa! I was serious!"

"Yah!" Sooyoung ran faster. "Get your ungrateful back here!"

"That's enough you two. I wanna go ride some rides." Sunny pulled Sooyoung by the arm and dragged her to a roller coaster with Sulli and Victoria following them.

"Hey there." A boy stood next to Victoria and gave her a charming smile.

"Umm... Hello?"

"I'm Donghae." He extended his hand out.

"She's not interested." Sooyoung glared at the boy and made Victoria stand in between her and Sunny.

"We should invite Gyuri and Jongie!" Sooyoung said with a smile.

Victoria looked at her Appa with sad eyes, "We're taking a break, Appa."

"What? Why?"

"I don't wanna talk about it." Victoria said miserably.

Sooyoung looked at her eldest daughter with sad eyes and then looked at Sunny for help. Sunny looked at her wife and bit her bottom lip. Sulli looked at both her parents and also tried to think.

"Photobooth!!" Sulli pointed at the machine excitedly.

"Let's go there." Sooyoung held Sunny's hand and dragged her in the booth.

The first picture they took was the both of them smiling. The second picture was Sooyoung kissing Sunny's cheek. The third one was the two of them looking at each other with awkward, yet funny faces. Then the last picture was a picture of them kissing.

Victoria and Sulli looked at each other. Something was definitely wrong with her Appa because this was out if the ordinary.

"Look at you Bunny being so adorable and cute like a bunny rabbit."

"Appa, do you have cancer? Are you dying?" Sulli asked.

"What made you think of something like that?"

"Where's the uptight Appa we use to know?" Sulli asked.

"That part of me is the past now. I am a new woman!" Sooyoung smiled.

"What changed?" Victoria asked.

"Your Umma." Sunny smiled and kisses her wife.

Victoria and Sulli smiled. Their Appa truly is changed and hopefully for the better.

"Vic, can we talk?" A voice asked from behind her.

Victoria turned around and nearly dropped all the things she had won in her arms.

"H-how did you know I was here?" Victoria looked a her.

"Your Aunt Toddany told me where you guys were."

"It's been a week and a half."

"I needed more time."

"Take all the time you want."

"I'm done thinking."

"What made you change your mind?"

"Jongie got sick. He got very sick. I need the job your aunt offered me."

"Did you talk to her?"

"I already have. She's more than willing to give me the job, but she told me that I needed to talk to you first. To sort things out."

"What do we need to sort out?"

"I made a mistake."

"Why should I believe you now? I gave you what I had. I let you in, I told you things I never thought I'd tell anyone. Why should I forgive you and take you back just like that?"

"I'm not asking you to take me back. I'm asking you if we can start over."

"Why should I let you do that?"

"Because I want another chance with you. I want to make things right between us. Like you said before, you like me too much to just let what we have go. I don't want to let you go just like that. I fell head over heels for you and now I'm falling for you so you better catch me."

Victoria smiled and held her hand out, "Hello, my name is Victoria Choi-Lee and I'm a 17yr old senior in JYP High, but I am takin online classes at the moment."

Gyuri smiled and shook it, "Hello. My name is Park Gyuri and I'm an 18yr old senior in SM High with a little brother named Jonghyun."