The Perks of Being a Parent

The Perks of Being a Parent

"Ppany..." Sooyoung stood in front of her soaking wet from head to toes.

"Are you crazy?!" Tiffany immediately took one of her jackets off and placed it around Sooyoung's shoulders.

"Bunny and I are taking a break." Sooyoung slumped in the chair and slammed her forehead on the table.

"Here." Tiffany slid her coffee cup across the table, "Coffee makes the world go round."

Sooyoung took a sip of the warm coffee, "Thanks."

"What happened?"

"She said I'm too clingy and she needed to think about us."

"Why?"

"Because I'm acting like you."

"Ouch man."

"Sorry."

"What else happened?"

"She slapped me." Sooyoung turned her head, letting Tiffany see a red mark on her cheek.

"Youngie..." Tiffany gently touched Sooyoung's red cheek.

"She said she needs someone who isn't stuck in a high school fantasy and someone who can take care of her both emotionally and financially. I don't get it. I've been promoted twice in the past year alone, I've been working my for her, for us."

"Maybe it's her. I mean, you guys dated throughout your entire college career. Maybe being stuck with you for the rest of her life scares her." Tiffany chuckled.

"Way to kick me when I'm done." Sooyoung bitterly spat. "I don't even understand. High school fantasy? It's not like I'm that same person in high school. Sure I did things back then, but I changed for the better. I changed because of Sunny."

"Maybe it's a maturity thing. You do act like a 6 year old on drugs."

"You're the one to talk."

"This isn't about me. Sica is fine with the way I am." Tiffany picked up the coffee with her left hand, showing off her golden wedding ring.

Sooyoung fished out a small box out of her pocket and placed it on the table, "I was going to ask her to marry me too."

Tiffany stared at the box and then at Sooyoung, "You need to go and win her back."

Sooyoung started crying and gripped the box until her knuckles turned white, "I'm hopeless."

Tiffany sat next to her and hugged te crying girl. Sooyoung cried on her shoulder, wetting Tiffany's entire shoulder. Her tears were warm, but the wetness from the rain was cold.

When Sooyoung finally stopped crying, she stood up without a word and walked out the coffee shop with Tiffamy closely behind her. Sooyoung took the box out of her pocket and opened it, letting the ring get exposed to the rain. She took the ring out and saw the engraving, 'My lovely Bunny.'

"SUNNY!!" She shouted and three the box as far as she possibly could.

"Are you crazy?! That looked like an expensive ring!" Tiffany shook her shoulders.

"$9,356.65. The engraving was an extra $500." Sooyoung slumped on the grass, hearing the thunder and lightning and letting the rain hit her. Sooyoung laughed bitterly, "That was the only thing I can afford at the time. Of course, the ring isn't as beautiful as Bunny."

Tiffany sat next to Sooyoung and hugged the broken girl, "It'll be alright. Sunny will come back."

The rain suddenly stopped, the two of them looked up and saw Yuri and Jeasica smiling holding an umbrella over the two of them. Sooyoung wiped her tears and hugged Yuri, who hugged her back.

"Where is she?" Yuri asked.

"I don't know." Sooyoung started crying again.

"Breaks your heart, doesn't it?" Jessica hugged Tiffany around the waist and pulled her close.

"The last time I saw her cry like this was when you accidentaly set the kitchen stove on fire." Tiffany kissed Jessica's temple and laughed.

"C'mon. Let's take you to an all you can eat buffet to take your mind off of Sunny. Your favorite one by the beach." Yuri patted Sooyoung on the back.

"Let's change into dry clothes first." Tiffany said, walking to the car with her and Jessica holding hands.

Tiffany lifted Jessica's left had and kisses it, "I love you."

"I love you too, but now isn't a good time to flaunt our love. Sooyoung's hurting right now." Jessica pushed her away.

Meanwhile, Sunny was walking on the beach. Her clothes were soaking wet and her head was hung low. She sat on the sand and stared out into the ocean. She smiled sadly.

"I made a mistake." She started crying again.

"I'm sorry, Youngie!" She shouted to the ocean, as if Sooyoung could hear her.

"Did you hear that?" Jessica suddenly stopped walking and looked at everyone else.

"Babe, I think you're hearing things." Tiffany kissed her cheek and kept walking.

"You guys go ahead. I'm gonna go take a walk before I eat." Sooyoung took her sandals off and started walking.

She shivered when the cold air skimmed her skin. She closed her eyes and listened to the waves crashing on the shore. She fixed her scarf and beanie, trying to keep herself warm.

"Walking out here after the rain is definitely a horrible idea." Sooyoung muttered to herself.

She kept walking when she saw a small figure in the distance sitting by the shore. She took her headphones off  her ears  and walked towards the figure and heard the girl whimpering. Her clothes were soaking wet and it was obvious that she was shivering from the cold.

"Sunny?" Sooyoung asked in a low voice.

The girl turned around and made eye contact with Sooyoung and went back to staring at the ocean.

Sooyoung took her jacket off and placed it on Sunny's shoulder, "You'll catch a cold."

"Why are you being nice to me?" Sunny sniffed.

"Normally I would be a , but seeing you crying at our favorite spot on the beach shows me that you're sad too."

"I'm not sad. I'm miserable."

"I'm miserable too. I was going to ask the girl of my dreams to marry me. But before I had a chance to ask her, she told me that I needed to get out of my high school fantasies." Sooyoung sighed and stared at the ocean.

Sunny looked up at Sooyoung, "You were going to ask me to marry you?"

Sooyoung merely nodded. Sunny placed her hands in the jacket pockets and felt a round object. "Was this the ring?"

"How'd that get in there? I thought I threw that away." Sooyoung looked at the object in Sunny's hands in confusion.

Then it hit her. Tiffany. That girl was seriously something else. How did she even find the ring so quickly? Sooyoung shook her head and scoffed.

"It's beautiful."

"Not as beautiful as you." Sooyoung finally looked at Sunny.

Sooyoung took the ring from Sunny's hand and slipped it on her ring finger, "I know you said you needed time to think things over, but I love you and I know you love me too. When you do figure thigs out, this ring will remind you that I'm here waiting." Sooyoung kissed Sunny's hand and then her forehead. She stood up to do, but Sunny stopped her.

"I will."

"You will what?"

"I will marry you."

After they came back from their honeymoon, Sunny started seeing a different side of Sooyoung. She wouldn't hold her hand in public as much as she use to. She wouldn't suddenly kiss her anymore. Sooyoung started dressing more professionally and didn't even try to touch her. Sunny was always the one who initiated skin ship and Sooyoung would follow. But Sooyoung never even tried and it worried Sunny.

-Present Day-

Over the years of their marriage, Sunny had learned to live with it. She felt like it was her fault for changing Sooyoung in the first place. She had told Sooyoung back when they were dating about how she needed to grow up and become an adult. Back then, Sooyoung would just stick her tongue about and shrug it off. But now, when Sunny would tell Sooyoung about how much of an adult she had become, she would just nod and go back to work.

"Was there anything else you needed?" Sunny asked when she walked in her wife's home office.

"No thank you." Sooyoung said not looking up from her paperwork.

Sunny sat on Sooyoung's lap and wrapped her arms around her neck, "You're working too hard. Come to bed and sleep." Sunny showered Sooyoung's face with kisses.

"Bunny, I'll be there in a few minutes."

"Can I sit on your lap while you finish?"

"No."

"Why not?"

"Because you're a distraction."

Sunny frowned at the reply and got off of Sooyoung's lap. "Fine." She slammed the door as she left.

Sooyoung sighed and went after her, "I'm sorry baby. I didn't mean that."

"Whatever." Sunny started brushing her teeth.

"I'm serious. I didn't mean it. I'm sorry." Sooyoug hugged her from the back and rested her chin on the top of Sunny's head.

Sunny bent over and spat the fuzz in in the sink, giving Sooyoung a full view of her firm asset. Sooyoung gulped and looked at Sunny.

"C'mon. Let's go to bed and to make it up to you. I'll take you out on a date tomorrow after you get off work." Sooyoug smiled and kissed Sunny.

Sunny smiled and went in the bed facing Sooyoung. Sooyoung leaned forward and kissed Sunny on the forehead, "Goodnight, Bunny."

"Goodnight, Youngie."