The Perks of Being a Parent

The Perks of Being a Parent

 

"EXPLAIN TIFFANY HWANG!" Jessica shouted, tears swelling in her eyes. 
 
"I didn't kiss her. She kissed me. Remember that night I randomly came home in the middle of the night? That was because that was the night Taeyeon kissed me. I got out of there as soon and as fast as I possibly could. I didn't even care about my things. I just wanted to come back home. Baby, please believe me." Tiffany hugged Jessica and sobbed on her shoulder. 
 
"Where is she?" 
 
"I was going to go see her tonight to set thing straight between us and get my phone back." 
 
"Let's go."
 
"You're coming?"
 
"No. I'm gonna fly there with my broom stick."
 
Tiffany was going to open to say something, but decided to keep it to herself. She didn't want to dig an even deeper grave for herself. 
 
"We have to go get Yuri before we go to Taeyeon's house." 
 
"Where are you guys going?" Krystal asked. Luna eyed the baggage and her Umma's red puffy eyes. 
 
"You and Luna are going to be at Sooyoung and Sunny's for a few days. Your Umma and I have to take care of a few things." Tiffany explained. 
 
"When will you guys come back?" Luna asked. 
 
Tiffany shrugged, "I don't know myself. Brush your teeth. Don't forget your manners. Don't fight. I love you guys. We'll call when once we get settled in our hotel room. Tell Nicole, Seungyeon and Taecyeon that we're at this address." Tiffany handed her eldest a piece of paper. "But tell Taecyeon and Seungyeon to stay with you guys. They should be able to keep an eye on you while we're away. And tell Nicole to catch up to us as soon as she can."
 
The two sisters waved as Tiffany got in the car and drove off with Jessica. 
 
"You think they're going on a trip for their 25th anniversary?" Krystal asked. 
 
Luna frowned, "I had something for them too. I legit worked hard on this anniversary gift too. What a waste." She sighed and made her way back in the house. 
 
"Baby?"
 
"What?"
 
"Please say something."
 
"I don't have anything to say to you."
 
Tiffany sighed. She couldn't really blame her wife. The way she had acted and how distant she had been the past few days had been unacceptable. The push and pull of her emotions had stressed her out and kept her awake. Before she knew it, her wife had fallen asleep in the passenger's seat. 
 
They went to Yuri's house and drove away in silence. An hour or so later, Tiffany dropped Yuri off at her hotel. 
 
"We'll be back for you in a couple of days, Yul." 
 
Yuri nodded, "I'll make sure to have taken care of everything by then."
 
Then, the couple was soon on the road again, in the deadly silence. 
 
A blue Honda soon followed them. Tiffany eyed the driver and noticed that it was Nicole. Her wife's phone beeped and it was Nicole who texted saying she was right behind them. 
 
After an hour of driving, Tiffany started feeling lonely. Her wife was still asleep, her kids weren't around to keep her company and Yuri was already dropped off. She got Jessica's phone and called the person driving behind her. 
 
"Is something wrong, Mrs. Hwang?" The voice asked after a ring. There was some ruffling sound and a small -thud- and then a sigh. Nicole felt for her phone that had fallen under her seat. Once she had it, she pressed the speaker button and rested it in between her s to keep it still. "Sorry. I dropped my phone."
 
"No, problem. I'm just bored. My wife is asleep and my kids aren't around to keep me company." Tiffany pouted. She placed her phone on the dashboard and put it on speaker. 
 
Nicole laughed on the other line, "Well, how has your day been?"
 
"Eventful."
 
"How so?"
 
"You got time?"
 
"Plenty."
 
"You're gonna need to sit down for this."
 
"I already am, Mrs. Hwang." Nicole laughed. 
 
Tiffany laughed along with her, "I guess you already are. Well..." Tiffany started to explain the recent events as Nicole listened. She didn't notice that her sleeping was already awake next to her. Nicole stared at her phone resting on the dashboard. 
 
"You still with me, Nicky?" Tiffany chuckled. 
 
"Y-yes." Nicole laughed. 
 
"Well?" Tiffany kept both her hands on the steering wheel and gripped it. 
 
There was a silence on the other line. All Tiffany could hear was the static noise Jessica's phone had been doing.  
 
"Well... I probably would've done the same thing. But at the same time, by not telling Mrs. Jung, you kind of just hurt her more."
 
"I know what you mean. I spent all my nights thinking about it. I didn't want her finding out, but my wife knows everything." Tiffany chuckled. 
 
"You're a lucky one, Mrs. Hwang."
 
"Call me, Appa." 
 
Nicole smiled, "Alright, Appa."
 
There was a comfortable silence between the two. Tiffany kept her eyes on the road while the other person in the car stared at her wife. 
 
Nicole's laugh broke the silence. 
 
"What's so funny?" Tiffany asked. 
 
"I was just thinking about how cool it would be if I was invisible."
 
"Really? What would you do if you were?"
 
"I'd get fat and roll down the sidewalk. I've always wanted to roll on people. What would you do?"
 
"I'd creep on Sica when she's showering and changing."
 
"Why? You can already do that."
 
Tiffany shook her head, "She doesn't like it when I stare at her too much."
 
"Why? She's too beautiful to not stare."
 
"Exactly! Jessie doesn't seem to understand that how beautiful she is, both inside and outside. You know, she never fails to take my breath away everyday. Even when she has gray hair, she's still going to be beautiful no matter how wrinkled and pruney-looking she is. I'll still love her and only her."
 
"She's a lucky one, Appa. I see the love you two have. I wanna  be someone's Jessica someday." 
 
Tiffany smiled, "You'll find him or her. Trust me on that. Being with Jessica is a dream come true. I've been with her for 25 amazingly wonderful years."
 
"May there be many more you two spend together." Nicole clapped on the other side of the phone. 
 
"Thanks, Nicky."
 
A few minutes later, Tiffany pulled in front of a house. 
 
"Stay in the car, Nicky." Tiffany ordered. She hung up the phone without waiting for a response. She fiddled with her seatbelt lock and clicked the red button. She was about to get out when a hand stopped her. 
 
She turned to face her wife only to be met with her soft lips. Jessica climbed over to the drivers seat and trapped Tiffany in between her legs. The red head held onto her wife's thin waistline and pulled her into a hug with their lips still connected. 
 
Jessica raked her fingers in Tiffany's hair and slipped her tongue in her wife's mouth. Tiffany fought for dominance, but failed when Jessica tightly gripped her hair. Tiffany moaned in Jessica's mouth. 
 
"I'm a better kisser." Jessica stated. 
 
"Yeah...." Tiffany said breathlessly. "You are...."
 
"Let's go." Jessica got out of the car and dragged Tiffany to the house. 
 
"What are you doing?"
 
"I'm gonna kick someone's ."