Unification? Part 2: She Looks Familiar

The City Huntress

~Barcelona~

Changmin, Minho and the North Korean guards all went down for cover at the gunshots. Minho pulled Changmin over a side.

“They’re here for Tablo,” Minho said, “Don’t let go of that interview, Changmin-sshi. Can you hold a gun?”

Changmin nodded. Minho then handed him a gun and said to his earpiece, “Back-up needed.”

They saw Tablo running away with some of the guards but they were falling down one by one. Changmin and Minho joined the guards of Tablo as they shoot against the assassins. Changmin was surprised at himself when his precision is still there – he was able to hit three of the six gunmen at their arms without fail.

“Lead them to the South Korean floor,” Minho yelled.

However, as they were on the stairs, gunshots were fired. Suddenly, the City Huntress showed up. The Huntress shot the three gunmen running towards the group of Minho. The said gunmen were the ones that ignited the shoout-out.

“What are you doing here?” Tablo asked the Huntress.

“Seeing that you only have two of your bodyguards, one South Korean agent and a news reporter as your security team, I’m here to save your life,” the Huntress said

Onew and Thunder appeared from downstairs and said, “The South Koreans are also under attacked.”

The Huntress said, “Onew and Thunder, go and take Tablo to our hideout. Wait for my orders. Minho, Changmin, come with me.”

Onew and Thunder nodded as they led Tablo and his remaining body guards away from the Huntress, Minho and Changmin.

“I take it you can shoot?” the Huntress asked Changmin.

Changmin nodded. They all loaded their guns as they went down to the floor were the South Koreans are. There, the shoot-out is still continuing. The Huntress peaked at what was happening before someone shoots her in her place.

“I’ll cover you, just shoot those bastards,” the Huntress said, “What are you staring at, Changmin?”

Changmin was staring at the Huntress. He felt something oddly familiar with the Huntress. The Huntress hid her gun and released from the sleeves of her black trench coat her twin swords.

“Now,” the Huntress ordered. The City Huntress went out, shocking the. The Huntress was deflecting every bullet by moving and slashing her sword in the air.

Changmin’s precision surprised the Huntress secretly as he was able to hit the men the arms as to stop them from firing. Changmin shot seven of the fifteen gunmen while Minho shot two.

“Retreat!” one of the men ordered.

However, only the one that ordered the retreat and two other agents were able to move and get out of the window. The rest was immobilized.

The City Huntress went quickly to the room of the ex-president. Deputy Director Liu, Xiumin, Tao, Victoria and Lay all aimed at the Huntress and Minho.

“They’re gone,” the Huntress said, “We need to get out of Spain.”

 

The City Huntress returned to Onew and Thunder. They were watching the attack at the screen once again along with Tablo.

“We need to get you out of here as soon as possible,” the Huntress said.

“I go out of here and I’m dead meat,” Tablo exclaimed.

The Huntress replied, “You stay here, you’re dead meat. Onew, Thunder, pack-up.”

After a few moments, they were ready to go. Suddenly, the door was rained with bullets. It was kicked and two agents open fired at the group of the Huntress. Quickly, the Huntress, Onew and Thunder brought out their swords to deflect the bullets.

“Go!” the Huntress yelled.

The remaining bodyguards of Tablo went towards the window (they used the fire exit to get to that room safely) but TOP suddenly appeared from the window.

“Good evening,” TOP said as he shot Tablo’s bodyguards right in their chests. TOP was about to shoot Tablo to when he was suddenly thrown to the wall.

The Huntress, the one who threw TOP, shot the two gunmen at the door right in their chests.

“Take him quickly,” the Huntress ordered. Onew and Thunder quickly pulled Tablo out of the room. The Huntress was about to go out as well when TOP shot her. She was just able to go down and pick up her sword to deflect the next bullet.

“Why don’t you join us, Huntress? That way you’ll be accepted by everyone,” TOP said as he drew his sword.

“I don’t need acceptance. I want peace and balance. You’re disrupting it,” the Huntress said.

TOP smirked as he charged forward to stab the Huntress. The Huntress stopped the stab with her own blade a she moved sideways and turned around. She then slashed toward TOP’s direction. TOP merely dodged the attack by ducking down. He then swung his sword in the Huntress’s direction to cut her legs. The Huntress, however, jumped and made a roundhouse kick that hit TOP right on the face. The kick made top spin and hit the floor.

The Huntress withdrew her sword and turned around to chase after Onew and Thunder. However, TOP quickly drew his gun to shoot at the Huntress.

“Revenge is mine,” TOP said.

However, someone pulled the Huntress to the side and shot TOP in the hands.

“Ahh!” TOP yelled.

The Huntress looked at the shot TOP and at the man who shot TOP.

“Kaja,” Changmin said.

The Huntress nodded as she and Changmin ran towards the hotel’s parking lot.

“Thanks,” the Huntress said.

“You look familiar,” Changmin said.

The Huntress said, “We have met before, you know.”

“I know,” Changmin replied, “But you look like someone. It seems that…”

“Ne, Onew?” the Huntress said as her earpiece made a sound, “He’s with me and—”

 The Huntress heard gunshots through her earpiece. The Huntress looked at Changmin worriedly and the two ran faster down the stairs. They finally reached the parking lot. They saw Tablo and ex-president Lee Dongwook hiding with Deputy Director Amber Liu and Lay. The latter two were firing towards the armed men that were attacking them. Onew and Thunder were at the other side. Only a few bodyguards of the South, Team A, Xiumin, Tao, Onew, Thunder, Changmin and the Huntress were left fighting the almost fifty armed men that were shooting them.

The Huntress then threw a bar at the gunmen and yelled, “Everyone stopped firing and take cover!”

Those who were with the Huntress did so, and the bar she threw exploded with the force of five grenades. All of the gunmen went down and unconscious. The parking lot and the whole hotel shook and soon the ceiling of the parking lot (which was in the basement) started to collapse with the pillars. The Huntress pulled Changmin towards the van. She made the rest ride the van. The Huntress said to Thunder, “You drive and follow me.”

The Huntress and Onew went to their car. “Step on it,” the Huntress ordered on Onew (which was on their car) and Thunder (via the earpiece).

The car and the van made a quick get-away. They avoided the Spanish Police but alerted them about the situation. They were on the main road towards the airport when the Huntress saw two black cars following them through the side mirrors.

“Thunder,” the Huntress ordered over the earpiece, “Overtake me.”

After a few moments, the van was already in front. The Huntress pushed a button in their car so that the back glass panel of the car would go down. She pulled her gun and shot the driver of the first car. The second car crashed at the first car.

“You know,” Onew said, “I foresee us in the International News.”

“Let’s mind that when both Tablo and Dongwook are in their planes,” the Huntress said.

The van and the car reached the airport. They were met by a North Korean officer.

“The ambassador will be going with us; you from the south will go the other direction,” the officer said.

They all nodded and separated, except for the City Huntress, Onew and Thunder.

“Not coming?” Changmin said to the Huntress.

The Huntress said, “I was never with your delegation.”

“You really remind me of her,” Changmin said.

“Nugu?” the Huntress said.

Changmin answered, “This may sound cheesy and finger-curling, but you remind me of the girl I love and I cherish the most. To share with you, I’ve just realized nowadays how important she is in my life.”

“And if she’s in Korea, you better go or you’ll miss your plane,” the Huntress said.

Changmin nodded and ran. When Changmin was gone, the Huntress, Onew and Thunder dashed to their plane.

“Changmin-hyung is so sweet,” Onew teased the Huntress.

“Do you want to be dead, Onew?” the Huntress threatened.

The trio continued their quick pace to their plane when…

BOOM!

The plane that the North Koreans boarded exploded.

 

~TOP~

TOP was being treated by a doctor on the plane.

“Tablo is dead, sir,” an agent reported to TOP.

TOP smirked and said, “No matter how much protection the South gives, I’ll always be the power in the North. Let’s head for Pyeongyang. I need to talk to Mr. Seven.”

 

~ChangSoo~

The next day, the fiasco at the Unification talks was reported all over the world. Many were shocked and wondering how the bomb was managed to get inside the plane of the North Koreans. Sooyoung was watching the news along with her patrons.

“Sooyoung-ah,” Changmin said as he appeared on the café’s doorstep.

“Oppa!” Sooyoung went quickly to Changmin and pulled him for a hug.

Sooyoung said, “The news…Gwaenchana, oppa?”

“Oppa is fine, Sooyoung-ah,” Changmin smiled, “Can I make my own coffee? Kyuhyun left early and we were out of coffe.”

“I’ll make it for you, oppa,” Sooyoung said.

Changmin shook his head and said, “You’ve always made coffee. Let me make it for you.”

“But oppa,” Sooyoung said.

“Gwaenchana,” Changmin said as he lets Sooyoung sit on the stools that were on the counter.

Jinki and Sanghyun went out of the kitchen. They saw Changmin and said, “Good morning, hyung!”

“Morning,” Changmin said with a smile, “Can I have two plates of chicken?”

“Deep-fried, stir-fried, Chinese-style…?” Jinki asked.

“Anything that is your specialty,” Changmin said as he went to look at the coffee machine.

Jinki looked at Sooyoung. She mouthed, “Just fried will do.”

Jinki grinned as he went to the kitchen. Sanghyun grabbed a chair, sat beside Sooyoung and said, “What’s the news?”

“They’re now having discussions on how on earth did they managed to put a bomb on that plane,” Sooyoung said.

“I hope they’re not blaming us from the South,” Sanghyun said.

Changmin said as he brought two cups of coffee, “They wouldn’t dare. They knew that it was the security team of the South that almost saved their ambassador. Oh, minahe, Sanghyun-ah, I’ll make you another cup. I’ll make one for Jinki too.”

“Aniyo hyung,” Sanghyun said, “We had ours a while ago.”

“Suit yourself,” Changmin said as he handed one of the cups to Sooyoung.

Sooyoung took a sip. She looked at Changmin, who looked like he was looking for a comment. “The aroma’s nice…And the taste…” Sooyoung said.

Changmin said, “Well?”

Sooyoung smiled and said in a child’s voice, “Mashta!”

Changmin smiled and Sanghyun laughed at Sooyoung. Jinki arrived with Changmin’s order and he also brought some for himself and Sanghyun.

“You were there, hyung, what happened?” Jinki asked.

Changmin said, “We separated at the airport. There were already North Korean police when we arrived there and they were the ones who escorted Tablo.”

“What if it was exactly the plan? To kill Tablo on the plane?” Sanghyun whispered.

“Then why did they agree on the talks in the first place?” Changmin asked back.

Sooyoung said, “Maybe not all of them agree to this.”

The morning continued with the small breakfast. The customers missed Café Generation’s coffee and food for they have closed for several days. Changmin then helped in the café before it was nine o’clock.

“Sooyoung-ah,” Changmin said, “I have to go now. Can we have dinner together later?”

“Sure oppa,” Sooyoung said, “But this time, let me cook for you.”

“Kurae,” Changmin said with a smile, “I’ll be going now.”

“Arasseo, take care oppa,” Sooyoung said as Changmin pulled her for a hug.

“Saranghae,” Changmin said.

Sooyoung chuckled and said, “You still remember what I said oppa? I’ll tell it tonight at our dinner.”

Changmin sighed and said, “Arasseo.”

They released each other from a hug and Changmin kissed Sooyoung on the cheeks before leaving.