Spies, Lies And Interviews

The City Huntress

~The City Huntress~

“How could they know it?” Heechul said as Team A were having a closed meeting with Xiumin and Tao, the deputy directors of the Secret Service of South Korea.

“Sir, the City Huntress is outside,” a voice on the speakerphone said.

Xiumin said, “Let her in.”

The City Huntress walked inside the meeting as if she was not shot. Her poise and posture was still the same. The Huntress was flanked by Onew and Thunder.

“A spy must have leaked the information,” the Huntress said, “Onew?”

Onew nodded. He brought out his tablet pc and said, “While we’re going here, we had the same discussion. After a few security breaching, I managed to get in Triple S K’s main server and—“

“You were able to hack our main server?” Victoria asked in surprise.

Onew nonchalantly replied, “I can access to any server in the world. It’s not that of a big deal. Anyway, during the mission itself, someone went to the main server, accessed the information about the transfer and gave it to HADES.”

Tao said, “We need to catch the HADES.”

“The last person still in prison that is essential to them is Kangin,” the Huntress said, “If you want to catch them, the Kangin can lead you to them.”

Xiumin said, “Speaking of Kangin, his location is not safe anymore. We need to transfer him another safe house.”

“Let me handle this mission. I may need your help, but I’ll lead it, whether you agree or not,” the Huntress said.

“We can’t stop you even if we say no,” Director Lee said as he entered the room, “So we’ll agree. However, you need to transfer Kangin to a location that only a limited number of people will know.”

“I know a location like that,” the Huntress said, “Give me a week. Also, I would like to talk to him.”

 

~Changmin~

“What? You would like me to interview Kangin?” Changmin said in shock.

Lee Sooman, the president of SM Weekly, said, “Yes. I will be able to pull a few strings for you to interview him. You need to prepare the questions.”

Changmin nodded and asked, “Can Yoochun come with me?”

Jaejoong said, “No.”

“When will this interview be conducted?” Changmin asked.

“Tomorrow at four in the afternoon,” Lee Sooman said.

 

~The City Huntress~

“I’m glad that you are safe,” Kangin said. He and the City Huntress were talking in his room in the safe house where Kyuhyun took him.

The Huntress said, “Thank you for being concerned with me. You’ll be transferred to another safe house. This time, I’ll be leading.”

“Where is that safe house?” Kangin asked.

“My sister’s rest house,” the Huntress replied.

“I will be able to see the Dark Huntress once again,” Kangin said, “I hope she’s awake when we go there.”

“She has never been awake,” the Huntress said.

“Oh well,” Kangin sighed, “I can do nothing about it. Huntress, be careful. They know where I am.”

“What?” Onew and Thunder who were standing behind the Huntress said in surprise, “How did you know?”

Kangin just smiled and handed a newspaper from Russia which was of latest issue.

The City Huntress smiled and said, “Back to primitive ways, are we?”

“They will come here by the end of the week, the exact date that you’ve just told me that you’ll move me,” Kangin said.

“So someone is definitely a spy,” Thunder said.

“That someone is trying to overdrive the safe’s main server and look into our conversation,” Onew said as he looked at his laptop.

The Huntress ordered, “Bring me the laptop.”

Onew handed the laptop. While the Huntress was doing something, Kangin commented, “You have reached far more than your sister.”

“She is still much skillful than me,” the Huntress said as she finally decoded the program and saw the infiltrator.

“Mission success?” Kangin asked.

The Huntress smirked.

 

~The Huntress and Changmin~

The Huntress, Onew and Thunder returned at Triple S K, and they were surprised to see who was at the front desk.

“Shim Changmin?” the Huntress asked in surprise.

“City Hu—Hu—huntress?” Changmin stuttered as the Huntress stood near her.

“What are you doing here?” the Huntress asked.

Changmin answered, “I was assigned to interview Kangin and my boss sent me here.”

“Interview Kangin? Is your boss out of his mind? You will not interview Kangin,” the Huntress said.

“But,” Changmin said, “If I don’t, I’ll get fired. It’s the president of my company who personally asked me to do this.”

The Huntress sighed and said, “Follow me then.”

Changmin excitedly followed behind the City Huntress, Onew and Thunder.

“Why?” Thunder and Onew asked together as the two went near the Huntress.

The Huntress just shrugged as they went inside the elevator. Once there, Changmin said, “I know you’re—“

“Not one word, Shim Changmin,” the Huntress coldly said.

“What about thank you?” Changmin asked.

The Huntress looked at him and said, “For?”

“You saved me,” Changmin said.

The Huntress said, “Your welcome then.”

Changmin sighed. The first time he met the City Huntress was the time that she saved him. But even back then, she never talked nicely to me, Changmin thought.

The four reached Triple S K’s main lobby. “Get your clearance to interview Kangin with the director, then meet me here,” the Huntress ordered Changmin as she and her other two companions left.

 

~The City Huntress~

The City Huntress walked towards the Technological Department. The agents assigned here are the ones who are very good in advance technology. The only person inside there was Byun Baekhyun, the head of the department.

“Byun Baekhyun?” The City Huntress addressed.

“Ne,” Baekhyun answered.

The Huntress and Thunder suddenly aimed their guns at Baekhyun. “What is the meaning of this?” Baekhyun asked.

“Onew,” the Huntress said.

Onew nodded and said to Baekhyun, “Move.”

With guns aiming at him, Baekhyun moved and let Onew sit on his chair. A few moments later, Onew was able to decrypt all of Baekhyun’s activities. The screen showed his conversation with certain people…

“Park Chanyeol,” the Huntress read on the monitor, “Agent Phoenix of HADES.”

Baekhyun suddenly drew his gun and fired at the Huntress and Thunder. When the two ducked, Baekhyun made a run for it outside his office. However, even before Baekhyun could go out of the office, a sword was aimed at his neck.

“Going somewhere?” the Huntress said to Baekhyun.

Baekhyun tried to move his hands but the Huntress then slightly pressed the sword on his throat.

“One more move and you’re dead,” the Huntress said.

 

Baekhyun was brought inside the interrogation room. Thunder was the interrogator.

“So, you are the spy of HADES,” Thunder began, “What’s your relationship with Park Chanyeol?”

“I’m as good as dead when you captured me,” Baekhyun said.

“Oh really,” Thunder said while having a poke face. Thunder looked at Baekhyun intently and, for some reason, Baekhyun was starting to feel uncomfortable.

“You know,” Thunder said, “Promises made that seem longshot have slim chances of becoming true, don’t you think?”

“Andue!” Baekhyun shouted, “He promised that he’ll be giving me everything and we’ll be together! He promised that he’ll retire once we get Kangin!”

Thunder smirked and said, “Are you sure that he’ll retire and come to you?”

“He promised! He said he talked to TOP al…” Baekhyun stopped, realizing he has spilled too much.

“Thank you,” Thunder said as he left the room with Baekhyun crying inside it.

“How did you know all of that?” Lay, one of the agents of Team A, asked Thunder when he went outside.

Thunder smiled and said, “I call it guessing.”

“We’ll be moving Kangin tomorrow night,” the Huntress said, “Prepare yourselves, everyone. Lay, I will need the help of Team A.”

“Aigesseumnida,” Lay said.

 

~The City Huntress and Changmin~

Changmin was inside the room of Kangin. The City Huntress, Onew and Thunder were watching the interview and it was about to end.

“How come you surrendered to South Korea?” Changmin asked in his professional voice.

Kangin answered, “The justice I believe in is still here. So, I chose to surrender to the South.”

“Kamsahamnida for your cooperation, Mr. Kangin,” Changmin said.

“It feels good to see other people than the Huntress, her two subordinates and a bunch of police,” Kangin said, “So, thank you as well.”

“Onew, Thunder,” the Huntress said, “ Changmin-sshi out. I’ll be with you shortly.”

Onew and Thunder nodded as they lead Changmin out of Kangin’s room.

“Be careful, Huntress. They might use him,” Kangin said.

“Why would they?” the Huntress asked.

Kangin chuckled and said, “Do not fool me, little Sooyoung. I know that you and that reporter have a special connection. I can see it.”

The Huntress turned her back towards Kangin and said, “He doesn’t know me, so he’ll be safe.”

 

“You will not speak of this anyone else,” the Huntress instructed Changmin when they were outside the safe house, “And you will send me first the copy of your article.”

“Can’t I use the freedom of speech here?” Changmin asked.

“If you want you and your loved ones to be alive, then you’ll do what I say,” the Huntress threatened.

Changmin nodded and said, “Where shall I send my draft?”

Onew gave Changmin a piece of paper. It was written there the email address of where Changmin should send his draft.

“Aigesseumnida,” Changmin said, “Kamsaham—“

Changmin was unable to finish his sentence because the City Huntress, Onew and Thunder were gone.

 

~Changmin~

Changmin was driving on his way home when he remembered about Sooyoung. Using his headset, he called Sooyoung.

“Soongie!” Changmin said when Sooyoung answered the call.

“Ne, Changie-oppa?” Sooyoung said on the other line.

Changmin asked, “Are you okay now? Do you need me there?”

“Gwaenchanayo, oppa,” Sooyoung said, “You must be tired.”

“Soongie, I interviewed Kangin, all thanks to the City Huntress!” Changmin exclaimed.

“Woah, that’s big oppa,” Sooyoung said.

Changmin said, “I know right. The Huntress was so cool and y and beautiful! I was stand—“

“I’m a bit tired oppa,” Sooyoung suddenly said, “Good night.”

Without even giving a chance for Changmin to reply, Sooyoung hung up.

“Did I say something wrong?” Changmin asked himself.

 

~Sooyoung~

“Why do I feel bad? Changie-oppa likes City Huntress, and that’s me…Oh, I guess that’s why I feel bad. He likes the City Huntress, not Choi Sooyoung,” Sooyoung said as she sighed and waited for Jinki and Sanghyun to drop her off.