The Huntress Becomes The Enemy

The City Huntress

~The City Huntress~

The City Huntress and Max waited for Max and Onew, who were bringing reinforcements.

“How did Kangin gathered men while he was in jail?” Max said.

The Huntress said, “Kangin has many followers; many believe in his cause before, and many still do now.”

“Why was he considered a traitor then?” Max asked.

“Because using weapons of mass destruction is illegal,” the Huntress said, “Kangin used New Alliance in trying to change Korea. When he failed, Kangin surrendered to me.”

“You know a lot about him,” Max said with a hint of slight jealousy.

The Huntress heard that hint as she went to Max and said, “Oppa, Kangin is my sister’s boyfriend. Of course I should know this.”

“What?!” Max asked in a surprised tone.

That time, Onew, Max and Kangin arrived with a lot of men.

“One is missing,” the Huntress said.

Kangin said, “I know. I have it. I’ll use it against New Alliance; these nine are now under your hands.”

The Huntress, Max, Onew and Thunder looked at each other. Kangin then said, “My men are now your men, City Huntress. Let’s work together. We’ll end New Alliance, and I’ll surrender complete to South Korea afterwards.”

The City Huntress took a deep breath and said, “I need to find the last spy inside Triple S K.”

Max, Onew and Thunder all looked at the Huntress. Max asked, “Another spy?”

“Everything that happened between from the weeks and months are all but a spontaneous stage play by New Alliance,” the City Huntress said, “I just realized it when Kangin decided to escape Triple S K.”

“That is correct,” Kangin said, “I’ve played their play so I’ll know what to do. This is what I decided to do. I hope you’ll join me.”

“I will,” the Huntress said then looked at the other three, “Will you join us?”

Max quickly said, “No matter where you are, I’ll be with you.”

Onew replied, “You were the one who trained me into who I am. I’ll be with you until death.”

“Same here, noona. You took care of me and raised me like your own brother. Until someone kill, I will be your man,” Thunder said.

The Huntress smiled and said, “Kangin, tell me everything.”

 

~Triple S K~

It was evening when the City Huntress, Max, Onew and Thunder went to Triple S K. Many were surprised and suspicious of the Huntress since she didn’t help in the mission and Kangin escaped. The four went to the meeting room were Team A, Director Lee Sungmin and his flanks Xiumin and Tao, and Deputy Director Amber Liu were having an evaluation.

“What is it?” Liu-bugukjangnim asked.

“New Alliance has made a fool of both North and South Korea,” the Huntress said, “NA pulled almost every string. They were the ones who called the shots, even though it seemed that everything didn’t go according to them.”

“What are you talking about?” Director Lee asked.

“From their attempt to free Kangin to the way to the exchange, it’s a play,” the Huntress said, “New Alliance made sure that they lose every time.”

“Why would they do that?” Victoria asked.

Max answered, “They want our attention divided. While all of this is happening, they want to find the ten biochemical bombs that were created for New Alliance that Kangin never gave to NA.”

“Did they?” Xiumin asked.

“No,” Thunder answered, “Because they were not able to find the data inside here at Triple S K, which they thought were here.”

“What data?” Heechul asked.

“The data of the location of the said bombs,” Onew said, “However, NA didn’t know that Triple S K never sheltered that data because only Kangin knew where the bombs were hidden.”

“Wait,” Lay said, “You said that NA looked the data at Triple S K.”

“Correct,” the Huntress said.

“How?” Lay asked.

The Huntress smirked and said, “Simple: they had another spy than Byun Baekhyun. A spy that secrets were cracked by Kangin but didn’t tell because Kangin was still playing the act NA said.”

“Who is the spy?” Deputy Director Liu said.

“We don’t know yet,” Max said, “But what we know is where the bombs are.”

Everyone in the room was surprised with the revelation and Deputy Director Liu looked agitated, earning a suspicious look from Director Lee.

“Where are they? Give them to us,” Deputy Director Liu said.

“No,” the Huntress said, “We’ll use the bombs in order to crush NA once and for all.”

“What? Having weapons of mass destruction is illegal!” Heechul exclaimed.

Onew said, “We know and we still choose to cling on them.”

“I get it know,” Liu-bugukjangnim said, “You were the one who freed Kangin. Kangin told you all of this, didn’t he?”

“Of course,” the Huntress said, “He even told us who the spy is.”

“What you’re doing is illegal,” Deputy Director Liu said, ignoring the Huntress’s words, “Hand over the bombs or we’ll arrest you.”

“I warn you,” the Huntress said, “We just told you what we’re going to do.”

“Arrest them,” Deputy Director Liu ordered.

Team A quickly moved to arrest the City Huntress and her men. However, Max, Onew and Thunder threw daggers to the five members of Team A, and all five of them went down. The deputy director signaled the siren, and the Huntress and the others went to run.

 

~The City Huntress~

Triple S K was in chaos. Many were injured because of the Huntress’s escape.

“Now, we’re enemies of the state,” Onew said.

“It is needed,” the Huntress said, “We need to make them believe we’re part of the enemy too.”

“Now what?” Thunder asked.

Max said, “We need to wait for Kangin’s signal. Right now, we have to go to the safe house where the Dark Huntress is.”

Suddenly they were stopped by police cars. “They knew where we’re going,” the Huntress said.

The Huntress, Max, Onew and Thunder went out of the car. The police were getting near them when the Huntress nodded at Max. Max suddenly threw daggers at the police coming at them; all of the police dropped dead. A shoot-out ensued. The Huntress and Thunder pulled out their twin swords from their sleeves to deflect the bullets coming to them. Onew and Max, meanwhile, took the protection of the blades as they fired at the remaining police. Max and Onew were able to shoot and kill the remaining police. The Huntress walked forward to see the casualties. However, when she turned back…

“What are you doing, Sooyoung?” Director Lee Sungmin asked as his gun was aimed at Max’s temple.

Xiumin’s gun was aimed at Onew’s temple and Tao’s gun was aimed at Thunder’s temple.

“Release them,” the Huntress said.

“Tell me your plan first,” the director said.

The Huntress said, “You know that Amber Liu is the spy right?”

“What?” Director Lee said.

“You saw her reaction a while ago,” the Huntress said, “Kangin said it’s her.”

Director Lee released Max. Onew and Thunder were released too.

“She’s heading now to the safe house,” Director Lee said.

“We better hurry,” the Huntress said.

The four ran towards their car and sped towards the safe house where the Dark Huntress is. As they were able to reach the safe house, Team A and Deputy Director Liu have just arrived at the place as well.  The Huntress, Max, Onew and Thunder went over the walls and went through the back door quickly. Upstairs in a room was the Dark Huntress, the City Huntress’s sister. The four quickly pulled out the monitoring equipment on the Dark Huntress.

Onew suddenly said, “They’re going in and the caretakers have let them inside.”

“Let’s go,” Max said while the Dark Huntress was at her back.

They went down the room via the fire exit the city Huntress secretly built. They were going out when shots were fired at them.

“Run!” Onew yelled.

The four of them went up and over the fence again, rode their car and drove as fast as possible. They went back to the warehouse were Kangin was waiting for them.

“Hyoyeon-ah,” Kangin said as Max put the Dark Huntress into a bed that was prepared for her. “When will she wake up?” Kangin asked.

“Nobody knows,” the Huntress said, “The plan went well.”

“Lee Sungmin knows who the spy is?” Kangin asked.

“Ne,” Thunder asked.

“Good,” Kangin said, “NA will save TOP. They need him to get the bombs from you and I. They will think we’re working together, but Mr. Seven will believe me that we’re separated. So while that’s not happening, we wait.”

 

~ChangSoo~

Changmin and Sooyoung went to the nearby town to by some supplies and check on the news.

The headlines that the couple saw were:

The City Huntress: A Criminal?

The police force has announced that the City Huntress, South Korea’s modern day heroine, has been put into the wanted list for carrying weapons of mass destruction. Many citizens are questioning this sudden act, but the spokesperson of the police force has said, “These were just orders from higher authorities.”

“I don’t think the City Huntress would use those for bad purposes,” one old woman said, “If she will, then why was she saving the butts of Korean politicians?”

Changmin and Sooyoung overheard the woman while they were in the mart shopping for groceries. Changmin said, “At least some people can see what’s right.”

Sooyoung replied, “These people have no idea how hard our life is.”

Changmin gave Sooyoung a quick hug. After he lets go, Changmin said, “We have to stay strong. What we are doing is for everyone.”

“I know,” Sooyoung said with a smile.

“What is Kangin planning with the one in his custody?” Changmin asked while he was picking the rice.

Sooyoung answered while looking at the beef, “He plans to use it against NA, just like us. NA knows that he has all as for now. Since Amber will tell that we have the bombs, they’ll ask Kangin. This will just cause confusion among NA.”

“That’s why they’ll bring out TOP from Triple S K. By the way, what’s the news with him?” Changmin asked.

“Director Lee said that he’s still asleep,” Sooyoung said, “But Tao thinks he’s just faking it.”

“Why?” Changmin asked as they went to the counter.

Sooyoung answered, “TOP is different to my sister, according to Tao.”

While they were packing their groceries, the TV on the mart showed flash news.

This just got in. TOP, the lead agent of the terrorist group New Alliance has escaped custody… The reporter continued on. Changmin and Sooyoung weren’t surprised.

The couple was just walking back to the warehouse. Sooyoung suddenly asked, “What if we die?”

“What?” Changmin asked.

“What if we die in this mission, oppa?” Sooyoung asked, “I…I wanted to get married to you, oppa. I wanted to be the mother your kids…And…”

Sooyoung stopped walking and started crying. She didn’t know why, but Sooyoung suddenly realized those things and she cried, knowing the possibility of not being able to fulfill those dreams.

“If we die, we die together,” Changmin said, “Even if we have to die; I will not regret it because I died with you.”

“I don’t want you to die oppa. I…You have to live, oppa,” Sooyoung said between the sobs.

“If I’ll live, then you must live too,” Changmin said, “I can’t live without you, Sooyoung.”

Sooyoung cried as she put down what he was carrying and hugged Changmin. Changmin did the same.

“I love you,” Changmin said to Sooyoung, “And nothing will change that, alright? I will protect you until this is over. Then, we can live in a safe country and raise our family. I will be a good father and husband to you, Sooyoung. I’m always here and will always be here for you, Sooyoung. I love you so much, Sooyoung. I love you.”

“I love you too, oppa,” was all Sooyoung could reply.

 

The couple returned with Sanghyun and Jinki waiting for them outside.

“She’s awake,” Jinki said.

Sooyoung then rushed to her sister.

“Unnie?” Sooyoung said.

“Sooyoung,” Hyoyeon said.

The sisters hugged at each other. Kangin was there silently crying. Sooyoung then called Changmin near them.

“Unnie, this is my boyfriend, Changmin,” Sooyoung introduced.

“Annyeonghaseyo. Changmin imnida,” Changmin introduced.

Hyoyeon said, “Annyeonghaseyo. Where am I?”

“You’re at our safe house,” Kangin said, “We brought you here. Last Stage is at play now.”

Hyoyeon sighed and said, “I need to practice my skills, then.”

Kangin said, “Your sister is a fine warrior.”

“Jeongmal?” Hyoyeon asked.

“Ne,” Kangin, Changmin, Jinki and Sanghyun said.

“Then we’ll duel,” Hyoyeon said, “If we’re in the last stage, then we’re actually in a brink of war: the government, against us, against NA.”

“Ne unnie,” Sooyoung said with a determined voice.

“A duel between the Dark Huntress and the City Huntress; I like it,” Kangin said.