Date

The City Huntress

~Sooyoung~

Sooyoung was on speaker phone with Sanghyun and Jinki.

“What do you mean?” Sooyoung asked.

Jinki answered, “We all wear glasses while we work. You tie your hair whenever you’re the Huntress, so Changmin-hyung will not recognize you.”

“You think so?” Sooyoung said, “I’ll let down my hair, but not my glasses.”

“All super heroes disguise with glasses; we’re just going with the trend,” Sanghyun commented.

Sooyoung sighed and said, “Arasseo, arasseo.”

“Why did you call us anyway for this? We’re guys for crying out loud,” Jinki said.

“I’ve called Victoria,” Sooyoung stated, “But I need second opinion. Gomawo.”

Sooyoung then hanged up.  She made up her mind on her look and went to sleep.

 

~Changmin~

Kyuhyun was getting dizzy at Changmin pacing back and forth their living room.

“What are you doing hyung?” Kyuhyun finally asked.

Changmin said, “Trying to decide my clothes for tomorrow.”

Kyuhyun peeked at their sofa and there was an array of clothes. Kyuhyun went up from where he was – he was sitting at the dining table finishing his ramyun – and picked the clothes for Changmin.

“I didn’t know you liked fashion,” Changmin commented as he liked the matching of Kyuhyun’s choice.

Kyuhyun sighed and said, “My choice will be decided when you wear it tomorrow. Arasseo, hyung?”

 

~ChangSoo~

Sooyoung went down from her room a few minutes before eight o’clock. She was a white tank top with a leather jacket and a white skirt. She put a small tiara on her head for fashion and she had small high heels.

“So Victoria did made a good choice of these clothes, they look great,” Sooyoung said as she looked at the mirror. She curled her hair a bit – another advice of Victoria – and put on some make-up. “I guess being able to disguise yourself also means being able to put make-up on yourself. I hope he likes it though,” Sooyoung added.

At exactly eight, her doorbell rang. Sooyoung went to open the door, and she was stunned at what she saw. Changmin just puts down his short hair and he was wearing a simple pink printed shirt with a black coat and brown pants. He looks so handsome and y even with simple clothes…What? y?! I must be out of my mind, Sooyoung thought. Changmin was stunned as well. She looks like a princess, Changmin thought.

“Good morning, Soongie,” Changmin greeted, “You look so beautiful, Sooyoung-ah.”

“Gompata, oppa,” Sooyoung said as she blushed.

“I’ll not call you by our nicknames, is that okay?” Changmin asked as he escorts Sooyoung out of the café. Quickly, many people noticed them.

“Gwaenchana, oppa,” Sooyoung said, “We’re on a date anyway.”

Changmin and Sooyoung were walking towards a red car. They were walking together with their hand linked. Changmin then opened the car for Sooyoung.

“Gomawo, oppa,” Sooyoung said as she sat down beside the driver’s seat. Changmin quickly went to his seat. They were together inside a car, and they both chuckled.

“The feeling is different,” Sooyoung commented, “Unlike when we’re just driving around…This feels…Uhm…”

Changmin just smiled. He suddenly removed his coat and put it on Sooyoung’s legs and said, “You might get cold, Sooyoung-ah. Want to have American-style breakfast, Sooyoung?”

Sooyoung blushed at Changmin’s gentlemanliness. “Kurae, oppa,” Sooyoung answered to Changmin’s question.

The two drove to a restaurant that was owned by one of Changmin’s friends.

“Shining Dining? Isn’t this an expensive place, oppa?” Sooyoung asked, concerned.

Changmin said while he was reverse parking, “The owner is my friend, and I brought my emergency credit card.”

“Oppa!” Sooyoung said alarmed.

“Gwaenchana,” Changmin said as he puts his arm around Sooyoung’s shoulders while parking in reverse, “It’s a special day, and I’m spending it on a special girl. In fact, the most special girl, so it is just fine for me to use my card.”

Sooyoung said, “You praise me a lot oppa.”

Changmin just smiled and said, “Shall we go?”

Sooyoung smiled and nodded. Changmin went out quickly to open the door for Sooyoung. Sooyoung went off the car and went quickly behind Changmin.

“Here, oppa,” Sooyoung said as she lets out the coat for Changmin to wear.

Changmin smiled and said, “Gomawo, Sooyoung.”

The two smiled at each other and they held hands going inside the restaurant. They were greeted by the owner.

“Annyeonghashimnikka. Woah, Changmin-hyung…And who is the lucky girl?” the owner said.

“Annyeonghaseyo, Sooyoung imnida,” Sooyoung greeted.

“Annyeonghaseyo, Key imnida,” the owner said, “Well, well, have a seat at our VIP room, on the house.”

“Gomawo, Key,” Changmin said.

“Jonghyun-ah!” Key called. A waiter then appeared. Key then instructed, “Lead the couple to our VIP lounge and quickly bring them the menu.”

“Ne,” Jonghyun the waiter said.

Jonghyun lead the couple towards the VIP room. It was a spacious room with a table for two. At window, city view can be seen.

“Chamshimanyo,” Jonghyun said as he left the two for the moment.

Changmin led Sooyoung to her seat, pulling the chair out for her and pushing it back. Changmin then went to the seat directly across Sooyoung.

“Do you need my coat as a cover again?” Changmin asked.

Sooyoung shook her head and said, “Aniyo, the napkin will do. Gomawo, oppa. By the way, why did you ask me out?”

Changmin replied, “When you got mad, it deeply troubled me. I couldn’t even sleep that night. Kyuhyun then said, ‘You had a fight. Isn’t it normal for friends to have fights and misunderstandings sometimes?’ However, I was still troubled…I never want to make you angry…Then I realized that I might be feeling something more than just a best friend. I want to try this.”

Sooyoung said, “Mianhe for that. I had to admit that what you said did upset me.”

Changmin reached and held Sooyoung’s hand. He said, “I understand. It’s my fault. I won’t let it happen again.”

The waiter then came in with the menu. Sooyoung said, “What about ham and omelet? Are they good?”

“Ne,” Jonghyun the waiter replied, “They come with fresh juice and you can choose the bread that you want to eat it with.”

Changmin asked Sooyoung, “You liked that?”

Sooyoung nodded. Changmin then said, “Two orders of ham and omelet please.”

While on their breakfast date, they talked more about each other. They reminisce their childhood, tell jokes and talk even about their work.  When the food was served, the two stopped talking for a while.

“Have the first bite,” Changmin said as he stretched the fork with a piece of the omelet. Sooyoung gladly took the bite.

“Mashiseo,” Sooyoung said with a smile. Likewise, Sooyoung cut a piece of ham and gave it to Changmin. The two then fed each other while talking more. Their breakfast date ended well and then they headed off to their next destination.

“Where are we going next oppa?” Sooyoung asked as they drive away from the restaurant.

“It’s a surprise,” Changmin said with a grin. The two were a bit silent on the car. Sooyoung then found a cd in one of the compartments.

“What’s this oppa?” Sooyoung said as she puts the cd inside the car’s player.

“Hey, that’s—“Changmin said as they both heard Changmin’s voice. The cd had a compilation of Changmin singing love songs.

Changmin became embarrassed but Sooyoung was smiling.

“You’re voice is…So good, oppa,” Sooyoung said as she listened intently to the songs. After a while, they reached their main destination.

“We’re in Lotte World!” Sooyoung said excitedly. This is her dream date: to go to an amusement park.

Changmin opened the door for Sooyoung once again. They were at the entrance and Sooyoung looked really excited.

“Kaja?” Changmin said as he brings out his hand.

Sooyoung gladly holds to Changmin’s hand and nodded. The two then went inside the park. The two started with the Conquistador ride – a boat that swings like a pendulum. The two were shouting as they were at the far end so they were the one reaching heights as the boat swings. They were laughing as the other riders were getting scared of the height.

Next, they went on the bump cars. They were having a lot of fun bumping the other cars. The kids were ganging up on the couple playfully as Sooyoung and Changmin were two of the only four adults playing; the rest were kids. When they got off the ride, one of the kids said, “Woah, hyung is tall and so is noona, you look good together!”

“Gomawo!” Changmin said and gave the kid a high five. Sooyoung blushed at the kid’s words but gave him a high five as well.

Then they went to the next ride: the roller coaster.

“Ready?” Changmin asked.

Sooyoung nodded as they went to the ride with linked arms. They chose the middle part. Once the ride was in its speedy parts, the couple was shouting and laughing. They really enjoyed the ride as they released even some of their stress in the shouting. After the ride, Changmin’s hair was a mess so Sooyoung fixed it for him.

“You look like a kid, oppa,” Sooyoung said as she fixed Changmin’s hair back in its place.

“Want to ride the monorail?” Changmin then asked.

Sooyoung nodded and said, “Ne, but let’s buy snacks first.”

The couple bought churros. The ahjumma in the churros stand said, “You look good together. One handsome guy and one beautiful girl…”

“Kamsahamnida,” Changmin and Sooyoung said together as they received their churros and paid for it. This time, Sooyoung fed Changmin first. Then, they took turns feeding each other as they went to the monorail.

Once they were at the monorail, Sooyoung was like a kid; she looked and said ‘wow’ at the view. Changmin just chuckled and looked around with Sooyoung. Changmin enjoyed the moment. He had known that Sooyoung was this active and beautiful, but he was asking himself why he had just noticed this now.

“Oppa? What are you thinking?” Sooyoung asked as she sat down beside Changmin.

“Keunyang,” Changmin said, “Gomawo again, Sooyoung. I’m having so much fun with you.”

“Na ddo, oppa. Thank you for bringing me here,” Sooyoung said. Their faces were really closed. It was getting closer and closer…

“The ride is finished. Thank you for…”

The speaker suddenly announced the end of the ride. The two looked awkward, but laughed at themselves as they went out of the monorail.

“Let’s have lunch,” Sooyoung said as she pulled Changmin by the hand.

They had sushi for lunch. Many people were looking at the couple. They were standing out because of their height and looks. The two were feeding each other and chatting happily. One of the ahjummadeul that were walking past them said, “Their kids would look would be beautiful and handsome like them.”

The two blushed and thanked the ahjumma. After lunch, Changmin and Sooyoung went to the Swing Music Show. The cute show brought laughter to the two. After that, they tried more rides until it was almost dark. The two then rested on a bench. Sooyoung’s head was on Changmin’s shoulder.

“Wooh, what a day,” Sooyoung said as she clasped Changmin’s hand and played with it.

“Did you enjoy it?” Changmin asked.

Sooyoung said, “Of course I did.”

“Let’s have dinner,” Changmin said as he stood up and pulled Sooyoung towards the place where they had lunch.

This time, their food was Korean. By Sooyoung’s request, they had bibimbap. The couple chatted once again and fed each other with their dinner.

They were out of the park and in their car. Sooyoung played Changmin’s cd as she leaned on the seat of te car with her eyes closed.

“You must be tired,” Changmin said as he drove towards Sooyoung’s house.

 Sooyoung said, “Ne, but I had lots of fun.”

Changin smiled. Date success, he thought. They reached Sooyoung’s house in a few minutes. When they got out of the car, Sooyoung said, “Can we just walk for a while oppa?”

Changmin nodded as they walked around with their hand together.

“Honestly, I was thinking before that you’d asked me out, but I didn’t hope for it because we’re best friends,” Sooyoung admitted, “So, thank you, oppa.”

Changmin stopped and said, “Sooyoung, I just realized what I feel for you. I hope this grows more and we enjoy more things together.”

Sooyoung nodded. The two then walked back towards her house. It was obvious that the two didn’t want to part ways yet.

“Come by tomorrow, oppa,” Sooyoung said.

“That habit will never change,” Changmin said as he pulled Sooyoung for a hug.

“Take care. Sleep well. I’ll call when I get home,” Changmin said.

Sooyoung also hugged Changmin tight and said, “Arasseo, oppa. Take care while driving, ne?”

“Ne,” Changmin said.

As the two released each other, Sooyoung pecked a kiss on Changmin’s lips and cheeks before clasping Changmin’s hands and then walked towards her café.

“Annyeong, oppa,” Sooyoung said as she closed her door.

Changmin was left dazed on his spot for two minutes before grinning widely and drove back to his house. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sooyoung's look during the date:

Changmin's clothes during the date:

Changmin's hair during the date: