Unification? Part 1: Barcelona

The City Huntress

~The City Huntress~

The City Huntress was summoned by Triple S K’s Deputy Director Amber Liu as well as the rest of Team A. The Huntress arrived with Onew and Thunder on the meeting room, and even Director Lee Sungmin is there.

“The President wants Triple S K to join the Presidential Security in securing the safety of his brother, ex-president Lee Dongwook, who will be the lead delegate in the Unification talks,” Director Liu said.

“Unification talks?” the Huntress asked with one of her eyebrows raised.

“Ne,” Director Liu answered, “When Director Lee and I reported to the President the situation, he was convinced that the Unification talks must be opened once again.”

“Wouldn’t it spark another controversy in the North?” Onew asked, “It happened before and the moderates and extremists was close to having a civil war.”

“That’s because of New Alliance, Onew-sshi. Without them, maybe the moderates and extremists would be joined.”

“I don’t think so,” the Huntress said, “With TOP currently in the North, and with men under him, these talks would be very difficult and I expect that we’ll be facing them.”

Director Liu asked, “How do you know that TOP is in North Korea?”

“I have my ways, Deputy Director,” the Huntress said, “So, what shall are roles here then?”

“You’ll be accompanying the ex-president every time along with me, Xiumin and Tao. Director Lee would be the chief of security while—”

“Andue,” the Huntress said, “Exposing me to the North is declaring war against them. I know what I have to do, don’t you worry.”

Director Lee said, “The ex-president has also requested media personnel to go with him and he requested SM Weekly.”

The City Huntress looked at the Director straight in the eye. She said, “Arasseo.”

 

~ChangSoo~

Changmin and Sooyoung were having dinner at a samgyupsal restaurant.

“Uhm! Mashta!” Sooyoung said as she ate some and fed Changmin as well.

Changmin smiled but was quiet. Sooyoung asked, “Is there something wrong, oppa?”

“Sooyoung-ah,” Changmin said, “I…I was asked to go cover the Unification talks between the North and the South. I haven’t given my answer yet because…Because I don’t want you to be left here.”

Sooyoung smiled and said, “Gwaenchana, oppa. It’s your work. Although, I’m afraid for your safety, this would be a big break to you.”

“I want you to come with me, but it’s dangerous,” Changmin said.

“I think the City Huntress would be there,” Sooyoung playfully said, “Aigoo…I guess you’ll have fun there.”

“Yah,” Changmin said, “I’m not dating her, nor I’ll be hanging out with her.”

“Chinjja? You’ll not even go wild about her?” Sooyoung asked.

“Chinjjaro,” Changmin said.

Sooyoung smiled and said, “Arasseo. When will you leave oppa?”

“This weekend…Help me pack-up, ne? The talks would be happening in Spain,” Changmin said.

Sooyoung nodded and said, “Take care, oppa. I don’t want the guy I’m dating to be dead.”

Changmin held Sooyoung’s hand and said, “I won’t. I promise.”

Sooyoung blushed and said, “Let’s continue our dinner.”

 

~TOP~

“How is it going with Consul-General?” TOP asked.

“Chairman Kim has chosen Ambassador Tablo for the talks,” one of the two agents said to TOP. They were in a room somewhere in North Korea.

“A moderate? If that’s the case, then the Unification talks is a hindrance. We need to stop it. Pack your things, we’re going to Spain,” TOP ordered.

 

~The Airport~

Sooyoung, Jinki and Sanghyun all went to send Changmin off.

“Take care there, oppa,” Sooyoung said, worries evident in her voice.

“I will,” Changmin said, “You too, arasseo?”

Sooyoung nodded as she went to Changmin for a hug. Changmin hugged Sooyoung tight and whispered, “Saranghae.”

Sooyoung was surprised but she hugged Changmin tighter. “If you want to hear my reply to that, you have to come back,” she said.

Changmin chuckled. He released Sooyoung and said, “Then I’ll be back as soon as I can.”

The couple held hands first before Changmin kissed Sooyoung on the cheeks, picked up his bags and walked towards the Check-in. Changmin waved towards Sooyoung, Sanghyun and Jinki before he walked towards his plane.

“It’s not like you’ll not be meeting in Barcelona,” Sanghyun said.

Sooyoung replied, “In Barcelona, I’m not Sooyoung. Let’s go.”

 

Ex-president Lee Dongwook was walking along with the other delegates of the Unification talk and the security team towards their plane – the same location where Changmin was a moment ago.

“All the other people in there?” ex-president Choi asked.

“Ne,” Deputy Director and Chief of Security Amber Liu said.

The delegation then went to the plane. The private plane has separate rooms: one for Triple S K, one for the ex-president, one for the other delegates and one for the media personnel with them.

While they were boarding, the ex-president asked, “Where is the City Huntress?”

“She’ll not join our plane,” Deputy Director Liu said, “Her presence might aggravate the North so she’ll be in hiding.”

 

The City Huntress, meanwhile, is preparing her own plane with Thunder and Onew.

“I never knew that our pilot training would have its use,” Thunder said as he and Onew made the final checks on the controls of the plane.

The Huntress said as she entered the cockpit, “I didn’t even know that we’ll get to use our plane.”

“Julbal?” Onew asked.

The Huntress nodded.

 

~The City Huntress~

Everyone was in Barcelona. The South Korean delegation arrived at the hotel where the talks would be done. The City Huntress and her team were there, and so are TOP and his team.

While on their room, the Huntress was checking on their weapons while Thunder and Onew were setting up their technical side.

“We should really add one more person to the team,” Onew said, “I’ll just be the one doing all these technical stuff.”

“Hmm, I wonder of Changmin-hyung would do the trick?” Thunder said, and suddenly a sword blade was aimed at him.

“What did you say?” the Huntress asked.

Thunder gulped and said, “Aniya.”

The Huntress lowered the sword and said, “By all means, I will not put Changmin in this.”

“I heard from Kyuhyun that he has a hidden talent in combat and in shooting,” Onew said.

“Nevertheless,” the Huntress said, “Let him stay out of this. It’s enough that I worry about him. Oh by the way, can you intercept the calls on my phone so that it will look like I’m in Korea?”

“Ne,” Onew said.

 

~ChangSoo~

Changmin was on his balcony typing something for tomorrow coverage. He was nervous since this is a big assignment to him. He then called Sooyoung.

“Sooyoung-ah?” Changmin asked.

“Oppa? Are you in Barcelona right now?” Sooyoung asked.

“Ne,” Changmin answered, “I wish you were here with me. It’s beautiful here.”

“We can go there for a vacation,” Sooyoung suggested.

“I’ll remember that for sure,” Changmin said, “Have you eaten?”

“Ne, oppa. I was just about to go to bed when you called,” Sooyoung said.

Changmin then remembered the almost 7-hour time difference between Barcelona and Seoul. “Aigoo, mianhe,” Changmin quickly said.

“Aniyo,” Sooyoung said, “I heard your voice, oppa, and so it’s fine.”

“Arasseo, sleep well Sooyoung-ah,” Changmin said.

“Ne oppa, neo ddo,” Sooyoung replied.

“Saranghae,” Changmin added.

Sooyoung chuckled and said, “Hurry home so you can hear my answer.”

Changmin chuckled as the two hung up.

 

~The City Huntress~

Ex-president Choi Minho, the youngest of all the past South Korean presidents, was in his room reading the terms of North Korea in the unification talks.

“Sir,” Taemin the secretary said, “Deputy Director Liu is outside.”

“Tell her that I’ll meet her later,” ex-president Choi said.

“She’s with the City Huntress,” Taemin added.

The ex-president then puts down the folder and said, “Let them in then.”

Deputy Director Liu and the Huntress walked in. “Annyeonghashiminikka, Choi-jeon daetongryeong,” the Huntress greeted.

“City Huntress,” the ex-president said, “It has been a while.”

“Ne. I’ve come here to talk about the security of your group and the other group during your stay here,” the Huntress said.

“Always direct to the point,” the ex-president commented.

The Huntress said, “TOP is here and so are his team members. We are sure that he’ll stop the talks by killing Tablo, the Ambassador of the North, or killing you, the Ambassador of the South. More likely he’ll kill Tablo because TOP knows Chairman Kim personally, but this doesn’t mean that he’ll leave you alone. Killing two birds with one stone is usually the way to go.”

“What shall I do then?” ex-president Choi asked.

“Be mindful of every action and every person,” the Huntress said, “Even me. I might be lying to you right now. If you trust us, then always know where the blue car is and the person with blue bowties.”

“Why?” the ex-president and the deputy director said together.

“Because it means they’re my people,” the Huntress said with a smirk.

 

The next morning, the Huntress, Onew and Thunder were drinking espresso and eating bagels while they were all on their pc tablets.

“They’re on the move,” Onew said.

The Huntress said, “Kaja.”

The Hunress, Thunder and Onew all put their earpiece on. Onew said, “Your smart phones are now connected here. I’ll be monitoring here.”

“I’m going to join Heechul-sshi and Victoria-sshi down there myself,” Thunder said.

“Good,” the Huntress said, “I’ll be roaming around the rooms of the North Koreans.”

 

Nothing happened during the talks. It ended well. Onew have recorded the whole meeting by tapping through the CCTV of the hotel.

“If Tablo is the chairman of the Communist Party, this tension would have ended years ago,” onew commented as he let Thunder and the Huntress to watch the meeting.

“I don’t think so,” Thunder said, “Tablo has even tighter security. Heechul told me that not everyone in the Party wanted Tablo here. They wanted the infamous Mr. Seven, but Chairman Kim didn’t appoint him.”

“That’s understandable,” the Huntress said, “If Seven leaves the North, the possibility of NA being reformed is much stronger. Remember that it’s Seven and Kangin that worked together to stop the nuclears of the North but they both betrayed information to TOP that almost lead to TOP almost taking control of the North.”

“However,” Onew said, “Unlike Kangin, Chairman Kim and the Party still trusts Seven, but not full enough so that he’ll be out of the country.”

“I never liked politics,” Thunder said.

“We all don’t like it. I just don’t want people dying,” the Huntress said, “Besides, we’re agents, not politicians. We just talk about it so it’s not boring.”

 

“Any new from your boyfriend?” Onew asked the Huntress.

“Mworago?” the Huntress asked as she pulled out a dagger from her sleeves.

“From Changmin-hyung?” Onew asked again.

“He said that he has interviewed ex-president Choi, and he’ll interview Tablo tonight,” the Huntress said.

“And their done,” Onew said as the video feed from the CCTV showed that Changmin was coming out of the room of Tablo when…

“BANG! BANG! BANG!”

The Huntress, Onew and Thunder rushed towards the floors were the North Koreans are staying. The CCTV feed showed that gunshots were fired.