The Hospital

The City Huntress

A gunshot was fired, hitting the Huntress on the shoulder.

~Changmin~

“Woah!” Changmin exclaimed as his hand swatted his personalized cup that Sooyoung gave to him as a gift and his framed picture of himself and Sooyoung. The cup was now in pieces as well as the glass of the picture frame.

“What happened? Omo! It’s your favorite cup!” Yoochun said as he got up to get the broom.

Changmin got nervous; he’s never clumsy and something made him nervous. The reporter quickly brought out his phone and called Sooyoung.

Annyeong! This is Sooyoung. I’m sorry I’m not available at the moment. Please—

“,” Changmin said as his worries grew. Sooyoung always answers his call, even when she’s in the bathroom. Something is definitely wrong. Suddenly, Changmin’s phone rang.

“Yeoboseyo?” Changmin said, not really looking the id of his caller.

“Hyung, this is Jinki, Sooyoung is at the hospital and—“ Jinki said on the other line but was suddenly silenced by Changmin’s shouting.

“MWOYAH?! EODIYAH?!” Changmin’s scream was heard even by Jaejoong. As Jinki told him the hospital and has hung up, Changmin went to his car quickly.

“Sooyoung, you pabo, what happened? Oh God, please let her be safe, I can’t live without that shikshin,” Changmin said to himself as she started his car and sped towards the hospital.

 

~The Hospital~

Jinki and Sanghyun were outside the operating room with Kyuhyun. They were all nervous. The doctor went outside the operating room and said, “She’s fine now. The bullet was not that deep. She’ll be moved into a private room later.”

The three nodded and thanked the doctor. Changmin then arrived.

“Where is she? Is she okay? Is she safe?” Changmin bombarded questions to which Kyuhyun replied.

“Her way crossed the trail by which we have to transport Kangin. Suddenly, armed men attacked our convoy and Sooyoung was hit by a stray bullet. She’s fine now,” Kyuhyun quickly added when Changmin was about to shout when he heard that Sooyoung was shot, “The bullet has been removed and she’ll be moved later to a private room.”

Changmin sighed as he sat on the seats in front of the operating room. “We need to get Soongie her clothes,” Sooyoung’s best friend said.

“I’ll come with you, hyung,” Jinki said.

“Actually, can you get it? I want to stay wth Soongie,” Changmin asked.

Kyuhyun said, “I’ll come with Jinki. Let’s go.”

 

A few minutes later, Sooyoung was then transferred to a private room. Sanghyun and Changmin were the ones who paid the bill.

“Chakkaman, hyung,” Sanghyun said, “I need to call someone.”

Changmin nodded. He was seated near Sooyoung and he was holding her hand.

“Yah, Soongie,” Changmin said in a soft voice, “Be careful next time, arasseo? I know it’s not your fault that you’ll come across Kangin’s caravan, but please be careful.”

“How many times will you repeat the word careful, oppa?” a voice said.

“As many times as necessary for…Yah, Soongie?” Changmin asked as he looked at a smiling Sooyoung.

Sooyoung said, “Annyeong.”

“Soongie!” Changmin said as he hugged his best friend tight.

“Oppa...My shoulders…” Sooyoung said.

Changmin quickly released Sooyoung and asked, “Are you fine? Are you hurt? Tell me what happened!”

Sooyoung chuckled and said, “Hold your horses, Changie-oppa. Yes, I’m fine. My shoulders still hurt a bit.”

Changmin sat down near Sooyoung. Sooyoung continued, “I was walking towards unnie’s when I heard gunshots. Unfortunately, while I was running, a bullet hit me. Good thing Kyuhyun was there.”

“Now, you’re safe. Jinki and Kyuhyun went to your apartment to get your clothes, and Sanghyun is outside calling somebody,” Changmin said, “You want anything?”

“I want to eat,” Sooyoung said.

 

~Downtown Seoul~

TOP was in an office at the highest room of a tower in downtown Seoul. He was wearing a black suit covered by a black robe.

Sir, the HADES trio has arrived, the voice on the speakerphone suddenly said.

“Let them in,” TOP said.

Chanyeol, Jeongmin and Hyosung entered. Once Hyosung closed the door, TOP quickly drew his sword and placed its blade near Chanyeol’s throat.

“Mission failed, Agent Phoenix,” TOP said.

Chanyeol replied in defense, “The City Huntress was unexpectedly there. Agent JM,” Chanyeol looked at Jeongmin, “Was able to hit the Huntress on her shoulder.”

TOP moved his sword away and withdrew it. “I need Kangin for me to form New Alliance once again. We must do everything we can to have him back here. Got it?”

“Ne,” Chanyeol, Jeongmin and Hyosung said together.

TOP smirked.

 

~The Hospital~

Changmin was singing a ballad song for Sooyoung while Jinki and Sanghyun were just playing with their laptops. Suddenly, they heard a knock on the door.

“Nuguseyo?” Chagmin asked as he stood up and opened the door.

“We’re the caretakers of Sooyoung-sshi’s sister,” said one of the two guys that were in front of Changmin, “Is she awake? We heard of the accident.”

Changmin nodded and let the two men in, surprising Sooyoung, Jinki and Sanghyun.

“Xiumin? Tao?” Sooyoung asked in surprise.

“We’re here to visit, noona,” Tao said.

Xiumin placed down the basket of fruits he brought at the table and said, “How are you, Sooyoung-sshi?”

“I’m fine Xiumin,” Sooyoung said, “Mianhe if it didn’t go as planned.”

Tao suddenly grabbed Sooyoung’s hand and said, “As long as you’re safe, noona, it is fine.”

Changmin suddenly went to get Sooyoung’s hands from Tao. “Okay, do you want to eat?” Changmin asked.

“Ne,” Tao said in a surprised tone.

Changmin looked at Jinki and Sanghyun, signaling that the two should be the one to get the food for Xiumin and Tao. However, Xiumin suddenly said, “Can we talk to Sooyoung-sshi privately? It’s about her sister.”

“Why does it have to be private?” Changmin asked suddenly.

Xiumin answered, “For it is a family matter between Sooyoung-sshi and her sister.”

Changmin retorted, “I’m the closest person to Sooyoung, so I don’t see any reason for me to leave.”

Xiumin replied, “Even though you are the closest person to her, this is still a private matter.”

“Why can’t I know?” Changmin replied.

“Enough,” Sooyoung said. She grabbed Changmin’s hand and said, “Oppa, I’ll be fine. This is Xiumin and Tao. They take care of my unnie.”

Changmin didn’t want to leave. But since Sooyoung was holding his hands, he resented.

“I’ll be outside then,” Changmin said as he went down to kiss Sooyoung in the forehead. He glared first at Xiumin before leaving, making Sooyoung blush.

“Is he your boyfriend?” Tao asked as Changmin closed the door.

“No,” Sooyoung said before blushing again.

Xiumin chuckled and said, “It’s not that I’m against it, but you know the nature of our work.”

Sooyoung nodded and said, “Is this really about my sister?”

Xiumin shook his head as he pointed on the thing that Tao handed to her when the guy held her hands. Sooyoung clicked it and suddenly a hologram appeared.

“I’m glad that you are safe. Kangin is with us still, so mission is success,” Director Lee said on the hologram before it disappeared.

“HADES is really behind all of this, aren’t they?” Sooyoung asked.

“Yes,” Tao said, “The one that lead the mission is HADES’ top agent, Agent Phoenix, and his flanks Agent JM and HS.”

“JM was the one that shot me. I think we need to check out on this HADES. By the way, how did Kangin know that HADES will come after him?” Sooyoung asked.

Xiumin replied, “We don’t know that yet. All he gets are newspapers from Russia, America, North Korea and our local newspaper.”

Sooyoung said, “Let me see those papers that he saw a day before the move-in and the day of the move-in itself.”

“Arasseo, we’ll send them here tomorrow,” Tao said.

Changmin, Jinki and Sanghyun entered the room with the latter two bringing a tray of ramyun each.

“Have some ramyun first,” Jinki said.

“Kamsahaeyo, but we have to leave,” Xiumin said as he and Tao stood up and left the room.

“I’ll have their ramyun then,” Changmin said grumpily.

Sooyoung chuckled and asked playfully, “Why is Changie-oppa angry?”

Changmin didn’t listen to Sooyoung as he finished his bowl of ramyun fast and then grabbed the bowl that supposedly Xiumin’s.

“Come on, oppa, they’re just visitors,” Sooyoung said as she chuckled.

Changmin faced away from Sooyoung as he continued eating. Sooyoung sighed and said, “I’ll not be eating.”

“Yah,” Changmin finally said.

“You won’t talk to me, so I won’t eat,” Sooyoung said grumpily as she faced away from Changmin.

“We better go outside,” Sanghyun said as he and Jinki went out of the room. They know that these kinds of fights are the fights that the two best friends must solve together.

“Look, Soongie,” Changmin said, “I’m sorry I didn’t talk to you, okay? I…”

“You what?” Sooyoung asked.

“I guess I was jealous,” Changmin admitted.

“Jealous? Why would you be jealous?” Sooyoung asked as she finally faced Changmin.

“I…” Changmin ran out of words to say when his phone rang.

“Yeoboseyo?” Changmin asked.

“SHIM CHANGMIN YOU BETTER COME BACK HERE THIS INSTANT!” the man on the other line yelled at Changmin before cutting the line.

“You better go, Changie-oppa. Jinki and Sanghyun are with me. I’ll be fine,” Sooyoung said with a warm smile. “I’ll eat, don’t worry,” she added.

Changmin smiled before he went and kissed Sooyoung on the cheeks and said, “Stay safe, arasseo, Soongie?”

Sooyoung blushed and kissed Changmin on the cheeks as well. “I will, oppa.”

 

After Changmin left, Sooyoung, Jinki and Sanghyun were inside having a meeting.

“Found anything about those HADES agents?” Sooyoung asked.

“Agent Phoenix’s name is Park Chanyeol, a former agent of Triple S K before he left a couple of years back. Says here he was the former partner of the Dark Huntress before he left the agency,” Jinki said as he read on his laptop.

“How in the world were you able to access them?” Sanghyun said.

“All you need is friends,” Jinki said with a grin.

Sanghyun shook his head and said, “All I can access is the Triple K S archives and…It says here that Park Chanyeol last mission was to catch TOP. It was a mission failed.”

“But didn’t your sister caught TOP?” Jinki asked.

“She did,” Sooyoung said, “But that was just two years ago.”

“We need to know more about this Chanyeol and her agents. When will I be discharged?” Sooyoung asked.

“Tomorrow, I think,” Jinki said.

Sooyoung nodded as she closed her laptop and said, “Back to work tomorrow then.”

 

Changmin’s arm was wrapped around Sooyoung when the two, along with Jinki and sanghyun went out of the hospital.

“What happened yesterday with your boss, Changie-oppa?” Sooyoung asked.

“He’s just angry that I went away without telling him,” Changmin said.

Sooyoung and Changmin chuckled. Suddenly, they heard police cars zooming past the hospital and Changmin’s phone ring.

“Changmin? I know you asked for the day-off, but the President wants to see you,” Jaejoong, Changmin’s boss, said on the phone. Changmin put it on speaker phone so everyone could hear.

“Waeyo?” Changmin asked and he was a little annoyed.

“He didn’t say, just come,” Jaejoong’s said in an apologetic tone before he hung up.

“Mianhe, Soongie,” Changmin said.

Sooyoung smiled and said, “Gwaenchana, oppa. Go.”

Changmin smiled, kissed Sooyoung on the forehead before heading to his car to go to his work place.

“We better go to Triple K S,” Sooyoung said.