The City Huntress And Her Biggest Fan

The City Huntress

~Senate House~

It’s a tense situation. Ten kidnappers hold all the Korean senators as hostages. They demand that the President of South Korea personally talk to them. It has been 3 hours since the crisis has begun.

“The President is thinking now of going here,” General Kim Youngwoon commented. All the high official of the Armed Force of South Korea are in a tent having an emergency meeting.

“We cannot risk him too,” Major General Park Jungsoo, Chief-of-Staff of the Armed Forces and the highest official in the tent said. “Do we have any other alternatives?”

Lieutenant Won Bin answered, “Nobody can enter since the media is at full coverage and someone is stationed at the security room to look at the CCTVs.”

“I guess there’s only one way to solve this,” General Jung Byunghee said as he sighed.

“How?” All the other generals asked.

“Let me tell you later,” General Jung said, “Now, call on Inspector Cho Kyuhyun from Seoul Police.”

Seconds later, Inspector Cho Kyuhyun from Seoul Police arrived. “Sir,” Inspector Cho saluted.

“I need you to call her,” General Jung said.

Inspector Cho raised his eyebrows and said, “Do we have no more alternatives, General?”

“No,” General Jung answered.

“Who is she?” Major General Park asked.

Inspector Cho answered, “The City Huntress, sir.”

 

Inspector Cho stood a few feet away from the stand-off. If the kidnappers knew that a strong reinforcement would be coming, they would do something. At last, a small black van parked right in front of the Inspector. From it, a woman in a black trench coat went off along with two guys wearing trench coats.

“City Huntress,” Inspector Cho greeted.

“I assume that I will meet the Council,” the Huntress said. She was standing tall and proud, her trench coat covering most of her body except a small portion of her legs.

Inspector Choi nodded, “Yes. General Jung summoned you.”

The City Huntress sighed and said, “A good old friend will just remember you when you are needed. Onew, Thunder, let’s go.”

The four people secretly went to the generals’ tent. Inspector Cho introduced the Huntress, “Generals, this is the City Huntress along with her friends.”

The City Huntress, Onew and Thunder just bowed slightly to the generals. Their presence alone made an impact to all present there, even to General Jung who knows the City Huntress.

“The City Huntress,” Major General Park said as he went near the Huntress, “It’s a pleasure to meet you finally.”

“Same to you, General,” the Huntress answered, then asked, “Is the situation really risky that you need us?”

“Yes. General Jung is confident in your skills,” the Major General said.

The Huntress sighed and said, “Leave it to us then. We shall tell you, more specifically Inspector Cho, if we need assistance.”

 

~The City Huntress~

Inspector Cho, the City Huntress, Onew and Thunder went back to the black van.

“Onew,” the City Huntress commanded, “Tap into the surveillance system of the Senate House and see how we should be able to pull this off. Thunder, check the perimeter of the building.”

“Ne,” the two guys said as they quickly did what they were told.

“Huntress,” Inspector Cho said, “What do you need?”

“Silence of everyone, and you not nagging,” the Huntress said plainly as she scanned the building.

Inspector Cho scoffed and said, “Since when did I nag at you?”

“Since you tried to court me and I dumped you,” the Huntress answered.

Inspector Cho said, “I already moved on, so I don’t nag at you.”

The Huntress chuckled as Onew said, “Currently, all of them are gathered in the plenary hall, except for the guy at the security room.”

Thunder returned at the same time, saying, “The only thing that media doesn’t cover is the entrance were the generals’ tent is located. However, it has a CCTV, not just on the door frame, but on two posts as well. They can see us.”

“But I think they didn’t see us three,” Onew commented.

“Good,” the Huntress said, “Prepare your weapons and earpiece. Onew, tell Jonghyun to take over the surveillance. Hack the system and override it. Stop the three cameras so we can enter.”

As the three black figures went to proceed, a tall person in a brown suit with glasses on was running towards the inspector.

“Kyuhyun-ah!”

“Changmin-hyung?” Inspector Cho asked.

 

~Changmin~

“Is she here?” Changmin asked.

“Yes, she is,” Inspector Cho answered, “But she’s on a mission and you will not follow her.”

“I just want to take a picture of her!” Changmin exclaimed.

“I know, but she’s currently holding the fate of the Korean Legislature,” Kyuhyun replied.

Changmin was excited; he’ll be able to see the City Huntress again. He’s been a fan ever since and, according to Kyuhyun, Changmin is in love with the City Huntress.

“I better get back to my post. Stay away as much as possible, hyung. Why don’t go watch at the café?” Kyuhyun asked.

“Sooyoung closed the café,” Changmin said, a little disappointed.  Whenever Changmin goes crazy over the City Huntress, he would always go to the café of his best friend Sooyoung.

Kyuhyun sighed as he left his older brother to go back to his post. Changmin knows where he should stay, but he really wants to see a glimpse of the City Huntress. “If I move at these bushes, maybe I’ll be able to see her!” Changmin exclaimed so he went into the bushes.

After a few steps, he saw what her; the City Huntress crouched behind a barricade wall with his two “side-kicks”, as Changmin call them.

“Omo! She’s so beautiful, even if it’s just the side...” Changmin said as he silently took picture of the Huntress.

 

~The City Huntress~

“He’s here again,” Thunder said as he noticed a man in the bushes.

“Let him be,” Onew commented, “She likes—Ow!”

The City Huntress knocked Onew’s head as he said, “No gossiping until the mission is over. Status?”

On cue, the three cameras shook slightly. “You’re good to go,” a man said that was heard from the earpiece of the three.

“Gomawo, Jonghyun, just stand by for now,” Onew said.

Sooyoung, Thunder and Onew looked at each other before the three quietly moved inside the Senate House. They were at the hall leading to the room of the Senate President.

“Jonghyun, where’s the quickest way to the plenary hall?” the Huntress asked via phone.

“At the end of the hall, you have to turn left. You’ll come out directly at the hall. However, there’s one guard there now. Their becoming anxious,” Jonghyun said via the earpiece.

“Onew,” the Huntress called.

Onew nodded as he went down the hall they were at first. However, he tripped down at the last few steps. To prevent his fall, Onew had to make a front roll but he hits the wall.

Whatever he does, its Onew sangtae,” Thunder said with a tone.

The Huntress just shook her head while chuckling. Onew maybe good in combat, technology and tactics, he’s just clumsy for no particular reason. Luckily, the clumsiness of Onew caught the attention of the guard. “Who’s there?” the guard went closer to where Onew supposedly is, but is not there.

“Looking for me?” Onew said as he suddenly appeared behind the guard. Before the guard could even react, Onew punched his back a couple of time. It made the guard stiff and unconscious.

“You know,” Thunder said as he and the Huntress went near Onew, “I wonder why you’re so could in martial arts, magic, illusions and stuff, yet you trip over a carpet without anything there.”

“You know me, always tripping around,” Onew said with a grin.

Thunder and the Huntress sighed; another trait of Onew is that his jokes are always lame. The three then made their way to the hall. When they peeked at the hall, they saw three guys around the senators and four guys roaming around.

“Jonghyun?” Thunder asked while pressing on the earpiece.

“All set,” Jonghyun said.

Onew and Thunder nodded at each other. Onew suddenly threw his hands and arms up at the ceiling. From his sleeves, dozens of daggers flew, hitting the lights of the hall. Thunder, meanwhile, brought out his gun and, with super precise aim, shot all the CCTVs as well.

“Mwoyah?!” All the kidnappers yelled. The three infiltrators jumped high and landed behind the three guys surrounding the senators.

“It’s not nice to hold hostages you know,” Onew said as he hand chopped one the guys in the neck, making him unconscious. Thunder punched and elbow the guy another one of the guys while the Huntress kicked his groin.

“That’s gonna hurt,” Onew said as he and Thunder made faces at the man who went down because his groin was kicked.

“Down!” the Huntress yelled. Gunshots were heard at the next second. Onew and the Huntress pulled out two swords each. They both spun the swords like helicopter blades in different directions to prevent the bullets from hitting their group.

“Thunder, cover!” the Huntress yelled. “Don’t kill them yet,” she added.

Thunder went in front of the group, pulled out two guns and aimed at the four guys shooting them. The formation was this: Thunder was in front shooting while the Huntress and Onew were the one deflecting the bullets. In the middle were the senators.

“They’re coming closer!” Thunder exclaimed.

“Hit their shoulders,” the Huntress ordered.

Thunder followed and, after eight consecutive shots, the four men were down with bleeding shoulders. All of them were unable to shoot anymore.

“Go. Onew, Thunder, them until the main doors, we still have one member left,” the Huntress said.

Onew and Thunder nodded as the two escorted the senators out of the hall. Suddenly, shots were heard and the Huntress went behind a chair as she pulled out her own gun.

“How dare you ruin our plan!” the man shouted.

The Huntress closed her eyes as she listened for footsteps. When she heard the slow steps, she whispered to herself, “He’s ten rows away.”

True enough, the last kidnapper standing was ten rows away, shouting, “Come out and fight!”

The Huntress took the challenged as she stood up and shot the man quickly. With her supreme precision, she was able to hit the man’s gun only. The gun flew out of his hand, but it still hurt the guy.

“How did...?” the guy said as he holds on to his hand.

“I’m being nice, surrender,” the Huntress said.

“We’ll never surrender to a girl,” the guy that Onew made unconscious said as he stood up along with his three comrades. However, after a blink of an eye, the Huntress was already at them.

“Chinjja?” the Huntress asked as she broke the hands of the three guys in three seconds, making them fall once again.

“How did you do it?” the man that was disarmed a while ago asked in exasperation and disbelief.

“I’m the City Huntress,” the Huntress answered simply. She then suddenly disappeared and appeared right behind the last standing guy.

“I’ll let the police interrogate you,” the Huntress said as she palmed the guy on the chest. The force was so strong that it made the guy fall down and be unconscious.

 

~Changmin~

Changmin was waiting for some time when gunshots were heard. The police and the army went on alert and they were about to enter the building when all of the senators went out. The police and the army then rushed in. Changmin, meanwhile, went on alert to see here the Huntress would be coming out.

“I hope they come outside here,” Changmin said, “She never meets the army or the police afterwards.”

True enough, the Huntress, Onew and Thunder went out of the Senate House the same way they went in. Changmin remained hidden in the bushes while taking different shots. The team of three quickly rode their van and went away.

“She’s gone now?” Kyuhyun asked as he walked towards Changmin.

“Ne, but I got so many pictures of her! I better show Sooyoung,” Changmin said as he rushed towards the apartment of his best friend.

“If only he knew,” Inspector Cho Kyuhyun said as he shook his head.