Justice Is Not Equal To Working With A Single Side Alone

The City Huntress

~Sooyoung~

“You sure your fine noona?” Sanghyun asked as they dropped off Sooyoung at her café.

Sooyoung smiled and said, “Of course. You need rest as well. Ka.”

Sanghyun nodded as he told Jinki to drive off. He waved at Sooyoung before until they were out of sight. Sooyoung then walked to her café, where her dorm is just on the second floor, but she stopped as she saw the person on her steps.

“Soongie,” Changmin called.

Sooyoung sighed and looked away as she passed Changmin to open her door.

“Yah, can we talk?” Changmin asked.

Sooyoung said, “What will talk about? Can’t it wait for tomorrow?”

Changmin noticed that Sooyoung is not calling him ‘oppa’, meaning she is angry at him. “You’re mad at me,” Changmin said.

“What made you say that?” Sooyoung said. She really wanted to get in and just sleep.

“I know you Choi Sooyoung,” Changmin said with a hint of impatience in his voice, “you’re not calling me oppa, meaning you’re mad at me.”

Sooyoung snapped, “Well, Shim Changmin-oppa, I am tired and I want to rest. You can come here tomorrow and then we could talk. Good night.”

Sooyoung then opened her door to go in. Changmin chased Sooyoung but the latter already closed and locked the door of her café.

Sooyoung watched from her door (she had blinds on her door; Changmin couldn’t see inside the café, but Sooyoung could see the outside) as Changmin sighed and looked at the café while waiting for a bus. Sooyoung finally walked from the door when Changmin was able to board on a bus.

As Sooyoung turned around, she stopped for a moment. She then pulled her gun from her coat as she fired 45 degrees at her left and at her right. Two groans were heard. As Sooyoung aimed forward, a sword was at her neck.

“How did you know?” Chanyeol asked while he was glaring at Sooyoung.

Sooyoung answered, “This is my house. What do you want from me, Agent Phoenix?”

“Where is Baekhyun?” Chanyeol asked.

Sooyoung answered, “He’s locked inside Triple S K. He’s been hurt emotionally, but otherwise okay.”

Chanyeol said, “What did you do to him?”

“We just made him confess that TOP is your boss,” Sooyoung said, “Other than that, nothing.”

“I’ll kill you if you hurt him,” Chanyeol said.

“I didn’t hurt him. I’m a human, Park Chanyeol. Baekhyun didn’t shoot me, so I will not shoot him. Want a bargain?” Sooyoung offered.

“What bargain?” Chanyeol asked.

“Let your two other companions lower down their guns first,” Sooyoung said, “And I’ll lower my gun.”

Chanyeol looked at his two companions – Jeongmin and Hyosung – and Sooyoung lowered her gun. When Chanyeol lowere his sword, he said, “Talk.”

“I can get Baekhyun out of Triple S K and to you, if you could tell me where TOP is,” Sooyoung said.

“I can’t,” Chanyeol said, “TOP is moving every night. He doesn’t stay at one place for 24 hours.”

“I couldn’t help you then,” Sooyoung as she was about to leave.

“Wait!” Chanyeol shouted, “TOP will still order us to get Kangin from you. He needs Kangin to regroup the New Alliance.”

“I know that. I need to find TOP. You busted him out of prison in Russia, so you can find where he is,” Sooyoung said.

“He said that he’ll lead the next attempt himself,” Hyosung said, “He’ll be the one giving instructions via phone.”

“Give me your number,” Sooyoung said, “Call him and tell him I’ll move him tomorrow night. Don’t worry, it’s the truth.”

“How can I trust you?” Chanyeol asked.

“I have Baekhyun,” was Sooyoung’s answer.

Chanyeol contemplated as Sooyoung walked outside. She then intercepted Chanyeol’s phone through hers. Sooyoung knows that she might get discovered, so as soon as TOP answered and she got his number, Sooyoung closed the interception of Chanyeol’s phone and waited for the agent to finish the call. Sooyoung then went in.

“Be here at 5:45 in the afternoon, you can get Baekhyun for only a minute because that’s the only time we must spare,” Sooyoung said, “After you have Baekhyun, it’s back to the game, Agent Phoenix.”

“Agreed, City Huntress,” Chanyeol said as he, Jeongmin and Hyosung left.

Sooyoung closed her door, called Jinki and Sanghyun, and said, “We have much to do tomorrow.”

 

~ChangSoo~

Sooyoung woke up early, as always, to start her things in the café. She washed up and wore her café uniform:  fitted black trousers and fitted white polo shirt. As she went down her café, she looked at the blinds to see the quiet street. To her surprise, Sooyoung saw Changmin coming down from the bus.

In shock, Sooyoung went out and went to Changmin. “Oppa, what are you doing here so early?” she asked.

“I want to apologize and be with you a little bit more before I go to work,” Changmin said, “Two hours with you may not be enough.”

Sooyoung blushed and said, “What will you apologize for?”

“I made you mad yesterday,” Changmin said as he grabbed Sooyoung’s hand and held it tight.

Sooyoung asked, “Do you know why?”

Changmin answered, “I made you jealous, didn’t I?”

Sooyoung didn’t answer until the two were inside the café. Their hands were together even though they sat down.

“Look Sooyoung,” Changmin said, “We’ve been the best of friends since forever and I don’t want this to be ruined but…Will you go out on a date with me tomorrow? Not a friendly date Sooyoung, but a romantic date.”

Sooyoung was surprised. Changmin? Asking her out? She thought this day would not come.

“Of course I will oppa,” Sooyoung shyly answered, but deep inside she would like to roll and shout and scream in happiness.

Changmin looked surprised himself, “Chinjja?”

Sooyoung nodded. Changmin smiled widely as he went to Sooyoung and hugged her. “Gomawo! Chinjja gomawo!” Changmin said happily.

Changmin released Sooyoung from the hug as the two shyly smiled at each other. Suddenly, Changmin pecked a kiss on Sooyoung’s lips before rushing to the kitchen. Sooyoung was left in the kitchen dazed, only to wake up by the sound of clanging pots.

“Oppa?” Sooyoung asked as he saw Changmin with his coat on a table while he was wearing an apron.

“Want some omelets for breakfast, Soongie?” Changmin asked as he was whisking some eggs.

Sooyoung replied with a kiss on the cheeks from behind and said, “Sure, Changie-oppa.”

 

~The City Huntress~

Onew and Thunder were grinning while they were on the way with the City Huntress to Triple S K. They just found out that Sooyoung agreed to go out with Changmin this weekend.

“What are you two grinning about?” the City Huntress asked.

“The same reason you chose your white trench coat,” Onew answered.

The City Huntress glared at the two, removing the grins from Onew’s and Thunder’s faces. The trio reached Triple S K and headed directly to Deputy Director Xiumin’s office, which was now occupied by a girl in a black suit and trench coat.

“Release Byun Baekhyun,” the Huntress said.

“Ah City Huntress, we finally met. I’m the new deputy director Amber Liu,” the new deputy director said, “Xiumin is now Director Lee’s staff. Why release Byun Baekhyun? I heard he’s a spy of HADES.”

“He is,” the Huntress said, “But I want him out. He has been a help for me to locate TOP tonight. I will not be joining Team A in transporting Kangin.

“I can’t, he has obli—“ the deputy director said but was cut by the Huntress.

“I will get him out whether you allow it or not, so just better release him. I’m not working for Triple S K, remember that. I’m working for the people,” the Huntress said.

Deputy Director Liu sighed and said, “Arasseo. I’ll release him. Before I came here, I was an agent in China, and I have heard a lot about you. I think it’s enough for me to trust your judgement, City Huntress.”

 

“Two minutes before the time,” Onew said as he opened the door of Café Generation to let their guests in. Onew was with the Huntress, Thunder and Baekhyun.

A minute later, the top agents of HADES appeared. When Chanyeol and Baekhyun met, they automatically hugged each other.

“We haven’t got much time,” Jeongmin said, “We have to meet TOP.”

“Finally, we’ll be meeting again, TOP,” the Huntress said.

 

TOP went off his car as he went to the van where HADES agents will monitor Chanyeol and his team’s operation. When he went there, however, he was surprised that the City Huntress appeared from the back of the van.

“Surprised? I guess the power of love is still much stronger,” the Huntress said.

“City Huntress,” TOP said in monotone, “Where is Agent Phoenix?”

“He’s on his way to intercept the operation of Triple S K,” the Huntress answered.

“So you gave him the information?” TOP asked.

“Ani,” the Huntress answered, “As how he learned our first operation, which is how he got the things he needs.”

“But Phoenix’s boyfriend is our spy,” TOP wondered.

“He got the necessary information before we caught him, except for the ‘when’ part, which is what I gave to get you,” the Huntress said.

“You seem confident to catch me, seeing that you’re all alone,” TOP said.

“I am,” the Huntress said with a smirk as she quickly pulled her gun and shot TOP. TOP managed to hide himself behind a large rock near the van. The Huntress then hid herself behind the van. When she was about to go out, bullets hit the van and the Huntress goes down for cover.

She went under the van and saw TOP firing from the rock. “Let’s hope my precision works,” the Huntress said as she puts a special bullet in her gun.

TOP stopped firing as he went out of his hiding place to check on the Huntress. Meanwhile, the Huntress aimed at TOP’s shoulder. At the pull of the trigger, TOP suddenly fell down. The special bullet of the Huntress went in TOP’s shoulder and quickly did its work – implanting a tracking microchip inside TOP’s body. TOP went down but he quickly went to his car and drove off. The Huntress crawled until she got out of where she was. She wade off the dirt on her white clothes, pushed her earpiece and said, “Situation?”

“We’re currently on the road and—“Onew stopped speaking as the Huntress heard shots.

“Time to be on the side of the government,” the Huntress said to herself.

 

The Huntress arrived at the scene a little late: the shoot-off was already over.

“You’re late,” Heechul commented as they were taking Jeongmin and Hyosung inside the van where Kangin is.

“Where’s Agent Phoenix?” The Huntress asked as he climbed in the van. There she saw Kangin being guarded by Onew and Thunder with six other guards, while Heechul and Minho brought in Jeongmin and Hyosung.

“You wanted to see Kangin right? Here be with him,” Heechul said as he and Minho went off, leaving the Huntress and rest there in the van.

Kangin chuckled and said, “I was right in putting my protection in you, Huntress.”

Jeongmin asked, “Where is Chanyeol?”

“He and Baekhyun are currently in the hotel I instructed them to be,” the Huntress said, “I’ll have them transferred then to a safe house I prepared. The two of you will be safe in the hands of Triple S K.”

“TOP will hunt us down,” Hyosung said.

“Not if I hunt him down first,” the Huntress said with a smirk.

 

“Onew and Thunder will take you to the safe house near the Baekje Cultural Village. There you’ll be safe,” the Huntress said to Baekhyun and Chanyeol.

“Thank you, City Huntress,” Chanyeol said, “We will repay you whenever we can.”

The Huntress smiled and said, “Onew, Thunder, ka.”

Onew and Thunder nodded as they drove out of the hotel garage.

“I will need you when the time comes,” the Huntress said.

 

~ChangSoo~

Sooyoung parked her truck on her driveway. She was from the supermarket to fill up her fridge and to buy herself new clothes for her date tomorrow with Changmin. She wants to be beautiful, since it will be her first date since Kyuhyun dated her.

“Yah, how long have you been shopping?” Changmin shouted as he rose up from where he was sitting.

“Oppa? What are you doing here?” Sooyoung asked, surprised.

“I was waiting for you, can we have dinner together?” Changmin asked.

Sooyoung chuckled and said, “You just asked me out this morning, and our official date is not until tomorrow.”

“Yah, Soongie,” Changmin whined.

“You’ll be officially dating Choi Sooyoung, so I’m not your best friend when it comes to that,” Sooyoung said in a serious tone, “If this just a plain joke, oppa, then I suggest that you stop.”

“Ani,” Changmin quickly said, “This is not a joke, Sooyoung. I want us to be serious because I’m serious. I’m serious with you, Sooyoung. I want to try this.”

“What about the City Huntress?” Sooyoung asked.

Changmin said, “I’m his fan. A fan is a fan. You…You’re different Sooyoung.”

Sooyoung blushed. She got out of her truck and said, “I suggest you go home, Mr. Shim. I don’t want my date to be late tomorrow.”

“I’ll pick you up at eight here, arasseo?” Changmin said.

“Ne, oppa,” Sooyoung said.

Changmin and Sooyoung then shared a hug before they separated to prepare for tomorrow.