Vacation’s Early End

The City Huntress

A/N: Some scenes may be similar to the KBS Drama "Iris II". This chapter was indeed inspired by the said drama but what's written here is still from the author's ideas. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~ChangSoo~

Changmin was awakened by someone on top of him kissing him.

“Good morning,” Changmin said.

“Yeah, you’re awake oppa,” Sooyoung said.

Changmin wrapped his arms around Sooyoung and said, “You’re more beautiful than the morning.”

Sooyoung blushed and said, “Yah, oppa…”

“As I can feel, we’re still ,” Changmin commented, “So, which breakfast would you like to have, Sooyoung?”

“This breakfast,” Sooyoung said as she kissed Changmin on the lips.

Changmin kissed back as they went to a sitting position, Sooyoung sitting on Changmin. Their arms were wrapped around each other as their kiss deepens…

“Excuse me,” someone said from outside, “Breakfast is ready.”

The couple looked at the door. Sooyoung said, “Why does food always have to interrupt us?”

Changmin chuckled and pulled Sooyoung for a quick peck on the lips before the couple showered together. They were dressed in couple shirts. Changmin had Hawaiian shorts for bottom while Sooyoung had black shorts.

They went out to see a table set-up for them, just like their dinner. They were eating omelet and bread when Sooyoung’s phone rang.

“Yeoboseyo?” Sooyoung asked.

“Noona,” Sanghyun said on the other line, “I’m sorry but we need your help. There’s a strong hacker going inside the server of Triple S K. If they get more, they might know where we are hiding Kangin.”

Sooyoung answered, “Arasseo. Don’t worry its fine. Tell me the details; Changmin will get our laptops first.”

Changmin quickly went back inside the cottage to get their laptops and their internet connection device. Once they were already set-up, Changmin and Sooyoung went to work.

“Sooyoung,” Jinki said on the other line, “Can Changmin-hyung hear me too?”

“Ne, you’re on speakerphone,” Sooyoung answered.

Jinki then said, “Block them from the outside. I’m inside the main server.”

Changmin and Sooyoung typed away quickly, decoding programs and such. They found out where the hacker is and the amount of files he’s hacking.

“Sanghyun,” Sooyoung said, “The hacker is right inside Triple S K. He must have gone inside through the café near the building. Go there and find the hacker.”

Changmin then said, “I’m done copying; what he’s downloading is being transferred to me too.”

“Delete the files now!” Sooyoung ordered.

After a few moments, the files were starting to be deleted. Sooyoung then tracked where the hacker is. She was able to tap into the CCTV of Triple S K and she found Sanghyun fighting in hand combat with someone.

“Jinki, if you’re done, help Sanghyun!” Sooyoung ordered.

The phone was then hung up. Changmin stood up to go to Sooyoung. “Who would have done this?” Changmin asked as he looked at screen. Sanghyun and Jinki caught the hacker.

Sooyoung sighed and said, “Mianhe, oppa, but I think we need to go back now.”

Changmin gave Sooyoung a back hug and said, “Kurae. Let’s go and pack up.”

Sooyoung smiled as she pulled Changmin for a kiss. After the kiss broke, Sooyoung said, “I’m lucky I have you.”

 

~The City Huntress~

It was night when Max and the City Huntress arrived at the airport. Onew and Thunder went there to fetch them.

“What happened?” the Huntress asked.

Onew answered, “She works for TOP. It’s said that the new Chairman of North Korea is a puppet of Mr. Seven. Mr. Seven has been reinstated as a citizen of NK and has been cleared of international crime.”

“But still with the New Alliance,” the Huntress said, “What did you get from the girl?”

“Nothing; she committed suicide,” Thunder said.

The four went to the safe house where Kangin is. It was guarded by the Huntress’s men and Triple S K’s. They found Kangin reading some books on the garden.

“I heard you went on vacation,” Kangin said, “I hope it went well.”

“It did,” the Huntress said, “And I think they’re planning to get you once again.”

“City Huntress, I need you to do a favor for me,” Kangin said.

“What is it?” the Huntress asked.

“Sooner or later they will go for the person most special to me and I want you to be with me in my plan. They will get my special friend to trade for me. I know that the government will agree to the trade. Once the trade is done, I must go into hiding alone. After that, I’ll tell you what they want from me,” Kangin explained.

“How will we contact?” the Huntress asked.

Kangin answered, “You know how.”

 

A few days later, the Huntress and her crew were called by Triple S K. While they were on their way, every newspaper, radio and television news has one main headline:

South Korean Armed Forces Chief-of-Staff held hostage

“This meeting is with the President?” Max asked while driving.

“Ne,” the Huntress answered, “Apparently, this is what Kangin has been talking about.”

“Kangin and Major General Park are very good friends,” Onew said while reading something in his tablet, “They were a perfect duo. Kangin was that tactical part and Major General Park was the combat part.”

They arrived at Triple S K. The meeting room was with the members of Team A, Director Lee Sungmin, Deputy Director Amber Liu, and the President of South Korea, Choi Siwon-taedongryeong.

“You’ve arrived,” the President said.

“Ne, taedongryeongnim,” the Huntress said as the four of the bowed down and the Huntress sat.

“You are well aware of our situation,” the President said, “You know that Major General Park Jungsoo, the South Korean Armed Forces Chief-of-Staff, is not just a military leader, but one of my political and personal advisers as well. We need to rescue him.”

Suddenly, a staff went inside and said, “We need to look at this.”

The screens inside the meeting room showed Major General Park tied and covered in blood, surrounded by men in masks except for TOP.

“We, from New Alliance, have your Chief-of-Staff and I know that he is a very dear friend of Kangin. I am offering you a deal. Give me Kangin and I’ll give you back Major General Park. You have 24 hours to decide. If you agree, then we’ll talk for the exchange. If not, I will kill Major General Park and unleash terror in South Korea that no one could ever imagine,” TOP said as the video feed stopped.

The staff said, “It was broadcasted all over South Korea.”

“What?” the President asked in shock.

Everyone was stressed except for Director Lee and the Huntress. Director Lee said, “We should not panic. We’ll ask Kangin of what he’ll do.”

Everyone looked at the City Huntress. She’s the only one who can go and ask Kangin.

The City Huntress smiled and said, “I don’t need to go because Kangin already told me about this. I visited him yesterday.”

“And what did he say?” the President asked.

“He’ll agree to the exchange, but he’ll make sure that he’ll never get back to New Alliance. Therefore, he told me a plan for the exchange,” the Huntress answered.

The Huntress then explained Kangin’s plan. It was very detailed and everyone was almost agreeing to it.

“What if this is just a plan so that Kangin can return to NA?” Lay asked.

The Huntress said, “If he’ll just return, then why didn’t he go with TOP and Mr. Seven back in Russia?”

After some thought, the Huntress said, “This is the plan, and I will not participate in the exchange.”

“What? Why?” the President asked.

“I don’t agree with this; Kangin may and all of you may agree. It is after all for the safety and welfare of the nation, but I don’t agree with the exchange. However, I don’t have enough time to find TOP. Therefore, I have no choice. That’s why I’m not participating,” the Huntress said.

After the meeting, the Huntress, Max, Onew, and Thunder went to Director Lee’s office.

“You’re hiding something,” the director said.

The Huntress said, “You and I both know that I don’t play for one side only.”

“What will you do?” Director Lee asked.

“Leave it to us,” the Huntress said.

 

~The Exchange~

The City Huntress, Max, Onew and Thunder were on a building at the port where the exchange will take place.

“I feel uneasy about this,” Max said, “With worked with Triple S K, and now I might shoot one of them.”

“We all do,” the Huntress replied, “But I trust Kangin more. Although he has been deemed a traitor, I would trust him than those in the government.”

Max and the Huntress were standing together and their hands suddenly clasped.

Onew said, “Yah, don’t get all mushy now.”

Max and the Huntress chuckled. The City Huntress said, “You know the plan. Let’s go.”

TOP and his men arrived at the dock. They had the Major General tied up and all tortured. Kangin was being held by Deputy Director Liu and Victoria. TOP picked up the phone that was placed on the deck.

“Are you ready?” the deputy director asked.

Top answered, “The question is, are you ready? We’ll make the exchange 12 o’clock sharp.”

Everyone was getting tense as it was just ten seconds before 12. At exactly twelve, Kangin and Major General Pak walked towards each other.

“There’s more to this, isn’t there?” Major General Park asked Kangin.

Kangin just nodded and smiled. As the exchanged were almost complete, TOP said to Kangin, “Welcome back again, sir.”

“Why do you trust me?” Kangin asked.

“I don’t,” TOP said, “But Mr. Seven does.”

Suddenly, two gunshots from the side fired and hit two of TOP’s men. Kangin then quickly went for a dive on the water and a shoot-out ensued.

Major General Park was taken into safety as the Triple S K agents were battling with the NA men.

Lay, who was the sniper, shot TOP at the shoulder, bringing him down. The rest of the NA men went down as well. The Triple S K agents went to get the men.

“Where’s Kangin?” Deputy Director Liu asked over her headset.

 

Kangin, Heechul and Seohyun were having a stand-off.

“We knew you’ll be up to something like this,” Heechul said.

Kangin smirk as he held up his hand. Seohyun and Heechul smiled but were suddenly shaking hard and went down on the ground. When the two were unconscious, Kangin looked at Max and Thunder. They were the ones who fired the taizer guns.

“Good luck,” the Huntress said.

Kangin saluted the Huntress before going to the car that was waiting for him.

“Let’s go,” the Huntress ordered.

 

~The Blue House~

“You should have been there,” the President said to the Huntress.

The President and the City Huntress with her men were having a private meeting.

“I told you my reasons why we were not there,” the Huntress said.

“How do we find Kangin, then?” the President said.

“TOP has been captured; the Triple S K will handle that. I’ll find Kangin,” the Huntress said.

 

~Seoul~

After their meeting with the President, the City Huntress, Max, Onew and Thunder were at the parking lot.

“Onew and Thunder, go to the place Kangin told us last night about. Call us if you need back-up,” the Huntress said.

Onew and Thunder nodded as they took a car and left.

“Let’s go treasure hunting?”  Max asked the Huntress.

The Huntress chuckled as they ride another car and went for downtown Seoul.

They went to an old building that was built just after the Korean War. Max then got a special device from the trunk of the car.

“Let’s go,” the Huntress said.

They went inside the piping system of the building. It was old and nobody went in there for several years. They were walking for about five minutes when the meter of Max’s instrument moved.

“It’s still bearable,” Max said.

The City Huntress observed where they are. She accidentally pushed a button that opened a secret door to the wall. The door hid a tunnel. Max and the Huntress continued walking, observing and recording the data. When they’ve reached the end of the tunnel, Max said, “Something is behind these walls. The reading just got higher.”

The Huntress looked at the walls and she saw a lever. She pulled it down and another door opened; this time, it uncovered stairs. The two went up the stairs to a hallway that turned right which has a doorway at the end. The two went through the doorway and they were surprised at what they saw: they were at a balcony of a large room. On the floor were nine crates chained on the ground. The Huntress and Max looked at them one by one and opened the crates.

“These are what Kangin really said,” Max said.

“Yes,” the Huntress said, “These are biochemical bombs. Far destructive than nuclear bombs in my opinion."