She Is...

The City Huntress

~Changmin~

“This interview is priceless,” Kim Jaejoong, editor-in-chief of SM Weekly, said as he, Changmin and Yoochun were watching the interview between Changmin and Tablo, “We can release this—”

“We can’t release this,” Changmin said, “This might do something with politics and everything.”

“Are you kidding?” Jaejoong said, “We’ll be damn rich—,”

“And be arrested if you release that,” Minho and Heechul suddenly barged in Jaejoong’s office.

“I told you,” Changmin whispered to Jaejoong.

Jaejoong asked nervously, “Nuguseyo?”

Heechul said, “We’re from the government and we need Shim Changmin to come with us along with that video. Otherwise, we’ll close SM Weekly.”

“You can’t do that!” Jaejoong said, “We practice freedom of speech!”

“If freedom of speech will cause the slavery of us to Communism, then I’ll hinder that freedom of speech, “Minho said, “Changmin-sshi, we need you to come with us for your safety.”

Changmin nodded as he ejected the flash drive from Jaejoong’s computer and went with Minho and Heechul. He texted Sooyoung:

Sooyoung-ah, I’m going with the agents I was with in Barcelona. Please have lunch, arasseo? Keep safe; I miss you already – your Changmin-oppa<3

While Changmin as on his way to Triple S K, he received a reply from Sooyoung:

Oppa, why are you going with them? Is it about the interview? I hope your fine. Na ddo – Sooyoung <3

Changmin smiled at the text as he saw the heart in Sooyoung’s name. He replied:

Ne, it’s about the interview. Don’t worry, I’ll be fine. What do you mean “Na ddo”? – your Changmin-oppa<3

As they were about to enter the building of Triple S K, Changmin received a reply:

Na ddo bogoshipda :) – Sooyoung<3

Changmin’s heart fluttered and he smiled widely as he read the text. He replied:

I’m here already. I’ll text you later again :) – your Changmin-oppa<3

Changmin, Heechul and Minho then went to the office of Deputy Director Amber Liu.

“Shim Changmin-sshi,” Deputy Director Liu said, “Welcome. Please have a seat.”

Changmin sat down on the seat in front of the desk of the deputy director. After she finished typing something, Deputy Director Liu faced him.

“You have interviewed Tablo-sshi before the attack, correct?” Deputy Director Liu asked.

“Ne,” Changmin answered, “I have the video with me.”

“Johseumnida. We need the video hidden. It is for your own safety. However, we still cannot secure that because your face was one that was seen by TOP’s men. If I may ask, how did you learn to use a gun?” Liu-bugukjangnim asked.

Changmin answered, “I trained with my step brother, Inspector Cho Kyuhyun, on being a field agent. However, I didn’t choose to be an agent because of personal reasons.”

“I see,” the deputy director said, “Can we see the video?”

Changmin brought out the flash drive from his pocket and handed it to Deputy Director Liu. As the deputy director watched it, Changmin couldn’t help but notice that the office’s CCTV camera were focusing on him.

“Liu-bugukjangnim, why are the CCTV cameras focusing on me?” Changmin boldly asked.

Deputy Director Liu asked back, “How did you know?”

Changmin answered, “I have clear eyesight and I can the camera focusing on me even it has a tinted cover.”

“Your good,” the deputy director said, “We’re profiling you. Even though you’re with us, we can’t be sure if you’re just acting.”

The deputy director finished watching the video. She handed the flash drive to Changmin and said, “Keep that video safe. Since you’re a journalist, I cannot delete that video from your flash drive. However, once it goes out, you’ll be prime suspect.”

“Ne, bugukjangnim,” Changmin answered.

 

~ChangSoo~

Sooyoung was on the grocery store. She promised to cook dinner for Changmin, so she has to do well. On her menu, it has cream spaghetti and ddeokbokki. Sooyoung then began her shopping Although Sanghyun and Jinki offered help, Sooyoung wanted to do this herself.

“This is my first effort for him since we started to date, so I have to do well on my own,” Sooyoung explained to the two a little while earlier.

Sooyoung was choosing carefully from her list of ingredients. Everything has to be made well. This is Sooyoung’s motivation. Just like a housewife, Sooyoung chooses the ingredients carefully. When she was done, she drove her lorry truck home. When she got there, she was surprised to see Changmin.

“Oppa,” Sooyoung greeted, “You’re early. I just went to the mart.”

“I want to cook with you,” Changmin said as he already got the ingredients from the back of the truck.

Sooyoung said as she went down from the truck, “Oppa, I want to cook foryou on my own first.”

“So I’ll just wait?” Changmin said the two already went inside the house to the kitchen.

“Ne,” Sooyoung flashed her smile to Changmin.

Changmin chuckled as he said, “Arasseo.”

“Want some juice, oppa?” Sooyoung said as she wore her apron and tied her hair. Changmin looked at Sooyoung for a while and thought, She looks familiar when she ties her hair…

“Oppa?” Sooyoung asked.

Changmin quickly said, “Mianhe, I was just thinking of something. Kurae, I’ll have some juice.”

Sooyoung smiled as she poured out orange juice for Changmin. As Changmin sat on one of the chairs of the dining room, he asked, “What’s for dinner?”

“Cream spaghetti and ddeokbokki,” Sooyoung said as she started to boil some water for both ddeokbokki and spaghetti pasta.

Sooyoung looked busy as she roamed around the kitchen. Changmin looked at Sooyoung dearly. He was imagining this kind of scene when they were married. That made Changmin chuckle.

“Wae, oppa?” Sooyoung asked as she puts the spaghetti pasta on the boiling water.

Changmin said, “Opseo. I’m just looking at your back view. I now understand why husbands always want to look on their wives’ backs when they are cooking for doing something.”

“And why is that?” Sooyoung asked.

Changmin stood up and gave Sooyoung a back hug. That surprised Sooyoung as well had made her heart flutter. “This is the reason why,” Changmin said as he rested his head on Sooyoung’s shoulders.

Changmin continued to hug Sooyoung as she was just preparing the ingredients. Changmin released Sooyoung when she finally has to move. Changmin smiled as he leaned on the counter top to watch Sooyoung.

Sooyoung said, “Don’t do that, oppa. You’re like a model posing there.”

“Ah chinjja?” Changmin said. He got playful and posed like a model while leaning on the counter top. Sooyoung looked at him and smiled.

“Oppa,” Sooyoung said as she chuckled and laughed at what Changmin was doing. However, inside Sooyoung, she was mesmerized at how cool, funny and handsome Changmin can look.

Sooyoung continued cooking the cream spaghetti and ddeokbokki. She was letting the ddeokbokki boil as she was cutting the vegetables for the spaghetti sauce when she accidentally cut herself.

“Ahh!” Sooyoung said as the knife cut her skin.

“Wae?” Changmin asked quickly. As he saw the blood, Changmin quickly got hold of the finger to let the blood clot.

“Where is your medicine kit?” Changmin asked.

Sooyoung answered, “Right there inside the cabinet.”

Changmin quickly got the medicine kit and treated Sooyoung’s cut well. “I’ll cook, you rest,” Changmin said.

“Ani,” Sooyoung said, “I can cook like this.”

Changmin argued, “You need to rest.”

Sooyoung said, “Andue, oppa. Chinjja gwaenchana.”

“Jeongmal?” Changmon asked.

“Ne,” Sooyoung answered.

Chagmin said, “Arasseo.”

Changmin looked worried as he let Sooyoung continue cutting the vegetables. He was looking over Sooyoung as she finishes everything. After a few moments, Sooyoung was done cooking both the ddeokbokki and cream spaghetti.

“Kkeut!” Sooyoung exclaimed happily.

Changmin clapped for Sooyoung then hugged her. Sooyoung then hugged back. After they released each other, Sooyoung said, “Let’s go eat.”

Sooyoung then plated the cream spaghetti and ddeokbokki that she made for her and Changmin and placed them on the table along with kimchi and some cola.

“Jal meogkesseumnida!” the couple said together.

 

~Outside~
“This is the place?” one of the agents asked.

“Ne,” another one answered, “We just have to be careful. She can kill five people at once.”

“We’re ten people here for crying out loud,” the first agent stated exasperatedly.

“Remember our mission in Barcelona? She had a lot of us killed and we were just lucky we escaped,” the second agent said.

“Whatever,” the first agent said, “Let’s just wait for a while.”

 

~ChangSoo~

The couple was feeding each other. They were smiling and as they talked about what they did the entire day.

“The deputy director was a girl, but she looked like a boy,” Changmin said.

“Jeongmal?” Waeyo?” Sooyoung asked.

Changmin said, “Her hair was short and was cut like a male.”

“Well, if I’m an agent then having a short hair will be very convenient,” Sooyoung said.

“You’re right,” Changmin said as he gives Sooyoung some of the cream spaghetti.

Sooyoung ate it and said, “Oppa, what will I cook for you next time?”

“Hmm,” Changmin thought for a while before saying, “What about bokkeumbap?”

“Bokkeumbap? Kurae, kurae,” Sooyoung said happily as they continued to eat.

When they were done, the couple puts their dishes on the sink and washed them together. They even played with water for a while before they finished washing the dishes.

Sooyoung then brought out the ice cream that she bought a while ago.

“Hmm, mashta,” Changmin said as he took a spoonful of ice cream.

Sooyoung chuckled as the two silently enjoyed the ice cream while looking at each other.

“Sooyoung-ah,” Changmin called.

“Wae?” Sooyoung said.

“I love you,” Changmin said.

Sooyoung was frozen. Unlike before, Changmin looked serious was looking straight in her eyes and, if even that was possible, straight to her soul. She felt something that made her heart skip. It was a different kind of feeling, and she liked it.

“I can’t explain it, and I’ve been asking myself why I have just felt this now. Maybe because I was just denying it every time, saying that it’s just because we were best friends. But now, I know that it is different. I felt jealous when you said to me that someone courted you before, and I wanted to know the guy because I want you to be happy. Are you happy with me, Sooyoung?” Changmin asked.

Sooyoung nodded, still unable to think of anything to say.

“I don’t need an answer now, Sooyoung,” Changmin said as he looked at Sooyoung and held her hands, “I want you to be happy, and that is enough for me. Through our dates, through our dinners, through everything that we’ll do, I just want you to enjoy my company while we’re together. I’m not asking you to love me back just yet. I just want you to be happy. But I want you, Choi Sooyoung, to know that I love you. I love you, Sooyoung. Saraghae.”

Sooyoung started to tear up. Changmin quickly went to her side and said, “Wae?”

Sooyoung stood up and pulled Changmin for a hug. She can’t understand why her tears suddenly fell. All she needs now is Changmin’s hug. She never felt this way before. Sooyoung is scared, but she trusts Changmin.

“I’m scared, oppa. I’m scared that one day I’ll get hurt or I’ll hurt you. I don’t want that, but I…I’ve been feeling the same way before. I’ve been confused, but I cared about you the most. I’ve never felt so happy when you asked me out on a date. I guess this is what it is. Changmin-oppa, I love you too. Na ddo saranghae,” Sooyoung said as the tears continue to fall down.

Changmin pulled away slightly to wipe the tears from Sooyoung’s face. “Smile, Sooyoung-ah; you look beautiful the most when you smile. I love you, Choi Sooyoung.”

“Na ddo,” Sooyoung said as their eyes met once again.

Their faces became closer and closer when…

BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!

The couple quickly went behind the counter of the kitchen while the bullet kept coming. Unknown to the two, someone threw a sleeping gas instrument in their living room while the bullets were being fired. Slowly the gas crept inside the kitchen, but the two didn’t notice because of the shots. Changmin was hugging Sooyoung tight as to protect her from the bullets and the shards that were flying around. They didn’t know that they inhaled already the sleeping gas.

“Oppa…Sleeping…” Sooyoung said as she drifted to sleep.

“Andue…” Changmin said as the two went unconscious on the floor.

 

 

“Changmin-hyung!”

Changmin went up quickly as he saw Onew and Thunder.

“What? Where’s Sooyoung?” Changmin asked.

Onew said, “They took her.”

“Wait, you know her?” Changmin asked.

Onew and Thunder wore glasses and said together, “Now do you recognize us?”

“Sanghyun? Jinki? Then…” Changmin said as he realized everything.

“Ne, majayo,” Thunder said, “Sooyoung-noona is the City Huntress.”