Rescuing The Huntress Part 2: Confessions In A Shoot-out And The Meeting With The President

The City Huntress

~House of Seven~

The City Huntress, Thunder, Onew, Kangin, and Max were running towards the prison cell. So far nobody has noticed them for they all went to the dining area where the explosion happened. When they were in the hall were their cell is, the Huntress threw two daggers at the two guards at the cell door. With the passcode written on the palm of the guard they opened the door and released Hyosung, Jeongmin and Chanyeol.

“Where is TOP?” Chanyeol asked furiously.

The Huntress said, “We need to get out of here. It’s not the time for revenge. Give them guns.”

Onew and Thunder then gave the three guns and headed out. Suddenly, bullets were fired at them and they were forced to hide in the corners of the hall.

“Give me a gun,” Kangin said.

“As much as I want to,” the Huntress said, “I cannot.”

Kangin smirked and said, “I will not escape.”

The Huntress pulled out her twin swords and went out. She deflected and avoided the bullets with ease. This made Onew, Thunder and Max go out for open fire, as well as Hyosung, Jeongmin and Chanyeol. There were about 20 men firing at them, all whom were dead in twenty seconds.

“Let’s go,” the Huntress ordered as she quickly puts back the twin swords on her sleeves.

They turned right to the hall and when they reached an intersection, there were guards coming up from both sides. Max and the Huntress fired towards the direction that they must go; Onew and Thunder fired at the opposite direction of the Huntress and Max; Jeongmin and Chanyeol were firing at the direction to the right of the direction where the Huntress and Max were firing and Hyosung was firing at the direction opposite of Chanyeol’s and Jeongmin’s.

After a minute, the men attacking them were down and they started to run again while reloading their guns. When they made a turn, a trap door suddenly opened and it made the group fall. They landed inside an enclosed transparent cell. Outside of it was a huge computer with operators. Also outside the cell were Mr. Seven and TOP, who seem to be waiting.

“Ah, I had fun with that show,” Mr. Seven said, his back facing the cell.

TOP continued, “But show is over.”

“Put down your weapons or you’ll die instantly out of strong gas poisons,” Mr. Seven said, “TOP, bring Kangin out.”

All of those inside the cell put down their weapons on the floor while two men went inside via a door (that can be hardly seen) and escorted Kangin out.

“Have you considered my offer, Huntress? That way you can save your friends,” Mr. Seven continued.

“What offer?” Max asked.

The Huntress answered, “He wants me to work for him.”

“Do not worry. The Republic we will be building is not corrupt, unlike the ones that we have today,” TOP said.

“My answer is still the same,” the Huntress said.

Mr. Seven sighed and said, “Then, I’m so sorry.”

Suddenly, Kangin kicked his two escorts. He was close enough to Mr. Seven to give him a roundhouse kick at the head and Mr. Seven fell down, unconscious. TOP aimed a gun at Kangin but the military expert disarmed the agent and palmed TOP’s chest to make him fall asleep. Kangin took TOP’s gun and fired it at the computer. The computer was destroyed and the door of the cell opened. Those inside took their guns and went out.

“I have no intention of working with them again,” Kangin said.

The Huntress nodded as they ran towards another door, but it burst open to and went in a huge number of guards. Also, guards swarmed at the platform above them – they were surrounded. They hide behind some tall and big boxes.

“Listen to me, Kangin and the City Huntress,” Mr. Seven said as he stood up, “The Republic that we will build will unite Korea! No more North Korea and South Korea. No more communism or republicanism. We will just be the first and only modern democracy in the world. Join my cause, and your lives will be spared. I am giving you a minute.”

The Huntress quickly pulled Max for a hug. “If we’ll die now, I just want to say that I love you, Changmin-oppa. Sorry I couldn’t tell you this before.”

“I understand, and I love you too. I’ll make sure you come out here alive,” Max said.

“No, we must come out alive. I can’t live without you, oppa,” the Huntress said.

The two released themselves from their hug as Onew and Thunder smirked. The top 3 HADES agents gave each other hugs and hi-fives. They gave Kangin a gun, and all prepared for a massive shoot-out.

“So you just confessed your love to each other just before we die?” Onew asked.

The Huntress answered, “Just like the movie, Onew.”

“Ten, nine, eight…” Mr. Seven started to count.

They were all prepared for whatever was coming.

“Three, two, one,” Mr. Seven finished.

Suddenly, two explosions happened at the same time. They were all surprised and shots were fired instantly. Suddenly, the armed men the first swarmed in looked behind and started to run while those at the back were shooting. The Huntress and the others that were hiding observed what was happening. Then, they saw Team A with Korean, American and Russian police go inside.

“What the hell!” Mr. Seven exclaimed as TOP pulled him to escape.

The Huntress nodded and they went out of their hiding place to help the police in the shoot-out. The Huntress, Max, Onew, Thunder and Chanyeol chased after TOP and Mr. Seven who were with few other guards.

TOP said, “Shoot them!”

There were about ten men with TOP and Mr. Seven. Six of them stopped and fired at their pursuers. They went to the sides a bit. This time, Thunder went out with his swords and deflected the bullets. The Huntress, Max, Onew and Chanyeol went behind Thunder and fired at the six men. Five out of the six men died out of bullets in their chest while one died because Thunder threw his swords right at his chest. They ran and Thunder pulled out his sword when they reached the fallen guards (they were at a distance when they were shooting at each other).

However, they saw that a helicopter was already flying away from them.

“Let them go,” the Huntress said.

Heechul and Victoria appeared from behind them and said, “Escaped?”

The Huntress nodded and said, “Thanks for coming on time.”

“At least it’s not like in the dramas were the police would always come late,” Heechul said.

 

~ChangSoo~

They quickly went back to Seoul to help Chanyeol to the proper burial rites for Baekhyun. They were in a crematorial cemetery. Sooyoung, Changmin, Jinki and Sanghyun left Chanyeol, Jeongmin and Hyosung alone.

“We’ll be at the car,” Jinki and Sanghyun said as they left the couple alone.

“I’m sorry if I didn’t tell you,” Sooyoung said.

“Gwaenchana. I know you did it to protect me,” Changmin said, “Can I work with you?”

“What?” Sooyoung asked, surprised.

“I can’t stand around while my girl…I mean, while you are on your missions,” Changmin said.

Sooyoung chuckled and said, “I guess you’re right. I will train you, though. I will not go easy on you even though you’re my boyfriend.”

Changmin nodded and said, “Arasseo. Wait, what?”

Sooyoung smiled, pecked Changmin on the lips as she went back to the car.

Changmin was stunned. Did he hear it right? He ran towards Sooyoung and said, “Did I…?”

Sooyoung chuckled and said, “Yes, you heard right.”

Changmin had to contain his feels as they went inside the car. When they were in, Changmin shouted and pulled Sooyoung for a hug, much the amusement of Jinki and Sanghyun.

 

 

Over the next days, Changmin trained under Sooyoung’s eyes every day. Changmin also resigned in SM Weekly, much to the dismay of Yoochun and Jaejoong. Changmin would constantly work out and have exercises while Sooyoung, Jinki and Sanghyun worked together to train Changmin in their not-so-conventional ways.

“Sooyoung-ah,” Changmin asked while they were eating lunch, “How come you, like, don’t feel guilty during missions when you…”

“Kill somebody?” Sooyoung finished his boyfriend’s sentence that made Changmin nodded.

Sooyoung gave Changmin a spoonful of bokkeumbap first before answering, “Well, I was trained not to feel remorse during missions. It’s hard when emotions get over you in those situations. Also, it’s part of playing mind tricks. For example, if you oppa became a hostage, I mustn’t show how concerned, worried and scared I am to the hostage-taker.”

“Arasseo,” Changmin said as he gave Sooyoung a spoonful of bokkeumbap as well.

“Can you please be mindful that there are two single guys with you?” Sasnghyun said as he can’t stand the sweetness of the couple feeding each other.

Sooyoung moved Café Generation to a new location in uptown Seoul. With the help of Jinki, they have redone all of their profiles in all the databases of the government. Changmin also moved out from Kyuhyun’s and lived with Sooyoung.

“Omo, you two will be living together,” Sanghyun said as they helped Changmin move in to Sooyoung’s.

Sooyoung knocked Sanghyun in the head and said, “What are you thinking?”

Jinki and Sanghyun also moved into the new building of Café Generation. In the basement, they set up their training room for Changmin. The patrons of Café Generation followed the café when it moved uptown and it also had new patrons.

One fine Saturday morning…

“Annyeonghaseyo,” Kyuhyun greeted.

“Kyuhyun-hyung, annyeong,” Sanghyun greeted as he was wiping the windows.

“Where’s Changmin-hyung and Sooyoung?” the chief inspector asked.

Sanghyun answered, “There’s noona on the counter.”

Kyuhyjn thanked Sanghyun went quickly to the counter.

“Sooyoung,” Kyuhyun greeted.

Sooyoung went to Kyuhyun and said, “Annyeong. What’s up?”

Kyuhyun then handed a letter to her. Sooyoung read it and said to Kyuhyun, “Why now?”

“What happened to Tablo is troubling the President,” Kyuhyun explained, “He talked to me personally because I am the contact to you if it comes to the police.”

“Doesn’t the President know how to contact me through Triple S K?” Sooyoung asked.

Kyuhyun sighed and said, “The President doesn’t trust Triple S K anymore after the Barcelona incident.”

“Arasseo,” Sooyoung said, “We’ll go this evening.”

 

~The City Huntress~

That night, the City Huntress, Max, Onew and Thunder went to the Blue House, the official residence of the President of South Korea.

“Have you been here before?” the Huntress asked Max.

“I’ve interviewed the Lee Dongwook before, but not the current President,” Max answered.

“Earpieces on,” the Huntress ordered. The three men touched their respective earpieces. Kyuhyun then met them at the door of the House. He was wearing a formal suit than what he usually wears which is a wind breaker.

“The President is expecting you,” Kyuhyun formally said as he escorted the four towards the room of the President.

While they were walking, the Huntress has been thinking on why the President has personally summoned her. They finally reached the meeting room.

“I cannot join you inside,” Kyuhyun said.

The four nodded as the doors were opened for them. The City Huntress, Max, Onew and Thunder went towards President Choi Siwon and South Korean Armed Forces Chief-of-Staff Major General Park Jungsoo.

“Choi-taedongryeong,” the four greeted the President.

“Finally, we have met,” the President stood up and shook the hands of the City Huntress.

The City Huntress said, “The pleasure is mine, taedongryeongnim.”

“Please, have a seat,” the President offered as he took the seat at the head of the table. The Huntress sat at the chair next to Major General Park. Max sat near the Huntress, then Onew and finally Thunder.

“I have personally summoned you here because I want you to handle the security of ex-president Lee Dongwook for the second Unification talks,” President Choi said.

“Taedongryeongnim, this is the job of the Police and Triple S K,” the Huntress said.

“The President does not trust Triple S K anymore,” Major General Park said, “The Barcelona incident—”

“Was not the fault of our men,” the Huntress answered, “We helped the North Koreans protect their ambassador and we were out of it when the plane exploded.

“Still, many of them died,” Major General Park said.

“What do you expect, Chief-of-Staff? They will be shot and then come alive because it was just a movie? You are a soldier, and death is inevitable in a soldier’s life,” the Huntress said.

“I also knew about your kidnapping,” the President cuts in, “And I knew that TOP and Mr. Seven escaped.”

“We cannot always claim victory, taedongryeongnim,” the Huntress answered, “If you want me in here, then you have to let Triple S K in. They knew that I was in during the first talks. Tablo didn’t like it but he had no choice. The same must be done. Otherwise, we’re off of it.”

“You will disobey the President?” Major General Park said.

“This is what you call abuse of power, Major General Park,” the Huntress said.

“Aigesseo,” the President said, “Triple S K will be there.”

“Give them the mission and I will help them,” the Huntress answered.

While they were talking, Max was admiring at how strong and willed his girlfriend was.

She’s very strong, both inside and out. I want to be strong for her, so she wouldn’t need to be tough all the time, Max thought.