A surprising rehearsal

complicated love

 

Jonghyun was tuning his guitar. He, Minhyuk, Jungshin and Yonghwa were going to rehearse for their Christmas performance. Everything had to be perfect; they planned to do a song from their first album ‘Wanna Be Like U’ and ‘You Are My Sun’ from their new album ‘BLUESTORM’. Suddenly the leader spoke up.

”You guys, this is our last stage for this year and we need to rock out so let’s do our best, fighting~!”

They all agreed with him and Minhyuk began to count. The song began with a 20 seconds long guitar solo of Jonghyun but after 10 seconds he felt a known twinge in his arm. He ignored it and went further with his solo, and soon enough Yonghwa began to sing his part. At the ending of the song it was Jonghyun’s turn again to do an another 20 seconds solo. After some seconds of full concentration he failed completely and cried out loudly.

“Aaaaaaaah… my arm!”

Everyone stopped playing and Minhyuk jumped up from his chair.

“Jonghyun, are you all right!?” and took the guitar from his hand.

“Is it your arm again?” he asked.

Jonghyun looked at him with a glare full of fear. Yonghwa came to them and said “Minhyuk, it looks like you know what’s going on. Go to the other room and take care of him.”

-

Jonghyun and Minhyuk decided not to tell Yonghwa and Jungshin about their accident. They didn’t want to create too much anxiety. Minhyuk put his arm around Jonghyun’s waist to support him and escorted him to the bathroom. It wasn’t the first time, but Jonghyun’s heart began to pound really hard. Many thoughts went through  his head. When they arrived Minhyuk took his hand and looked at it.

“Jonghyun, is this still from the accident?” he said.

“I think so.. it’s at the same place where I fell.”

Minhyuk looked worried so Jonghyun decided to comfort him. He looked him in the eye while his heart was pounding crazy.

“Minhyuk, you don’t need to be worried about me, it’s over.”

Minhyuk head turned red again and sighed. it looked like he really wanted to say something.

“Don’t you get it, Jonghyun? I will always be worried about you…No matter what.”

Jonghyun was surprised. Why did he like this.. This was coming from a boy. A boy who plays in the same band. A boy, who when he sees him he secretly, wishes if he always could be with him. This time it was Jonghyun turn to blush. But then they got interrupted by a phone. Minhyuk took the phone and answered.

“Yeoboseyo, with Minhyuk.”

Jonghyun was a bit irritated because he didn’t wanted to ruin this moment.

“Oh. Jia? That’s a surprise. What’s up?”

Jonghyun was surprised too; why would Jia call Minhyuk? The world has gone crazy. Minhyuk looked shocked and looked at Jonghyun and he realized that it had something to do with Jieun. Minhyuk was looking at Jonghyun as if he needed an approval from Jonghyun and he understood it. He nodded and Minhyuk continued his conversation with Jia.

“Of course, I will go on a double date with Jieun, you and Jungshin.”

Jonghyun mouth fell widely open. He couldn’t believe that Jungshin was interested in Jia. But when he thought about it he realized that they really fit together.

“Okay, I will see you Friday at the Christmas fair with Jieun and Jungshin.”

He hung up and Jonghyun kept looking at him with big eyes.

 

-

 

“Aish. I hope Jonghyun will be okay.” Yonghwa said to Jungshin.


“He will be all right as long Minhyuk is with him.” and Jungshin rolled his eyes.

“Are you still mad at them? Really what happened with this band.” and Yonghwa sighed.

“It’s nothing. Let’s talk about something different. How is your beloved wife doing? I haven't heard something from her in awhile.” and played a bit with the strings of his bass guitar.

Jungshin was right, he also hadn’t heard a thing from her. Yonghwa was scared that the whole Seohyun accident had scared Hyosung. He is still mad at her for ruining the good atmosphere between him and Hyosung. He has thought a lot about what he has to do to fix it, but he couldn’t bring up some good ideas. He decided to ask Jungshin for help.

“Jungshin I think Seohyun ruined the relationship between me and Hyosung, and I really want to make it up to her. Do you have some ideas?”

Jungshin rubbed his chin and thought really hard about it.

“Hmm… This Friday is the Christmas fair right? Why don’t take her to the fair and confess your love to her.”

“That’s great Jungshin! I could surprise her and I could take her on the Ferris wheel, no, I can win a bear for her, no, we can take a the couple boat on the lake, under the stars, I could confess to her and give her a ring. Oh my God, you’re a genius!”

Yonghwa got interrupted by Jungshin’s phone.

“Yeoboseyo, with Jungshin.”

Yonghwa saw that Jungshin was startled.

“Uhm, Jieun?”

Yonghwa was flustered. Why is Jonghyun’s younger sister on the phone with Jungshin? And why would he react that way, he thought. Yonghwa realized that his band is close from falling apart and he doesn’t know anything.

”You want to go on a date!? Oh, a double date… With?... You… Minhyuk… Me… and Jia.”

Jungshin voice turned softer with every word that Jungshin said and he suddenly got fire in his eyes. Yonghwa got more confused. Who’s with who and since when are they interested in dating?

“Okay, Jieun. I will take good care of Jia and we will meet Friday at the Christmas fair.”

When they hung up Minhyuk and Jonghyun walked into the rehearsal room. Yonghwa stood up and raised his voice “For the good sake of our band, could somebody tell me what’s going on!?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

sorry for the long waiting i had a writers block :D