Spring Fashion

Confidential Guidance

 

Spring Fashion

Pastels 

Neons have definitely left their mark on the fashion world but Spring makes way for a new, softer way to add pops of color to your wardrobe. Pastels offer a nice segue from your dark, wintry palette to light, summery hues and complement skin tones from very fair to bronze.


Printed Pants

The printed pant is a great way to add a new dimension to your wardrobe, and we see it coming on even more heavily for spring. Whether it be a printed denim jean or a painted silk short, patterned pants are the new way to add some pizazz to your spring ensembles. 

 

Mixing Prints

We've seen this trend a bit in Fall but it will definitely continue on strongly through Spring, especially featuring new 'it' prints, like paisley. Animal prints and florals, stripes and plaids - be bold with your mixing! You may be surprised at how great the look together!

 

Mixing Metals

Throw out your old notion of always having to match your rings, to your bracelets, to your purse hardware to your shoe buckles! Mixing metals its totally chic and creates dimension with your metallic accents. A silvery, rhinestone necklace looks great with some rose, yellow and white gold stacked bangles.


Black and White

Jewel tones, neons, prints - color has definitely made its way back into our everyday wardrobe and we are certainly not complaining! However, The fresh contrast of a classic black and white look is refreshing after the rainbow of colors that have been taking over the runways. Celine, Phillip Lim and Martin Grant are just few that are spearheading this movement back to black (and white!). 


The 90s

The 90s have officially made a comeback. The spandex leggings and neon colors of the 80s are leaving us for the chambray buttons downs, and soft floral maxi skirts of the 90s. Many of the runways evoked a ' suicides-esque' feel with a lot of denim, pastels, lace and a more relaxed grunge fit, rather than the skin tight styles from the past few seasons.


The ankle length skirt

Maxi skirts are one of my favorite spring trends as they feel free and flowy while still maintaining a bit of warmth for those last few winter days that find their way into the warmer spring months. This season, maxi skirts are hitting just above the ankle which allows for more freedom of movement (no tripping over the long, hippie length maxis!) and lets you show off your chic spring shoes!


Orange and Yellow

Orange has been consistently cropping up on fashionable ladies everywhere - from lip color, to neon eye makeup to dresses to purses to shoes - and we don't see any signs of stopping. Orange will be a big color for Spring, mostly in its vibrant tangerine, persimmon and vermillion hues. Orange's cousin yellow is also showing its sunny disposition for spring but unlike orange, yellow will be a taking a softer approach with lemony-cream and pastels hues.