Finding the right BB Cream for you

Confidential Guidance

BB Cream come in many brands. Missha, Etude House and Skin Food started to release their BB cream collections on a regular basis. This is what we think of as the second era of Korean BB creams to hit the market. They were good at advertising, but they really didn't give much information on the product themselves. They were just grabbing on to the BB cream trend.

 

Finding the right BB Cream for youself is harder than you think. Not to worry, here I will be telling you about each bb cream and how they work. 

 

Dr Jart+ BB Cream

Dr. Jart’s coveted Korean formulas was launched in the UK last June and was received with much excitement. There are several different formulas including ones for blemish prone skin and a ‘water fuse’ BB cream that holds in moisture in the skin.

The one worth trying is the Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45, which brightens and hydrates, has a SPF of 45 and offers light-to-medium coverage. The description is “Bio-Peptide Complex infused with white gold to provide anti aging properties and promote natural collagen” and it also has the whitening agent adenosine.

Best of all is the SPF 45 which gives skin real good protection from the sun as well as external elements.

Dr. Jart+ Premium Beauty BB Cream

 

SKIN79 Super+ Beblesh Balm BB Cream VIP Gold Collection (Gold Label)

This is a BB cream more suited to Asian and white complexions rather than dark complexions as it tends to look too chalky on dark complexions. It is also geared more towards dry/combination skin so you may want to read the Pink review below for oily skin.

This light weight Korean BB cream does go on in a grayish sort of tint which can be a bit alarming, until your skin absorbs the cream and oxidizes to your natural skin tone. It has good coverage though and you can layer the cream on to achieve the porcelain look you want.

Some users have added powder to further set the cream but honestly, it does not need it. Powder is an option if you are going out at night and you just want a more ‘set’ look but otherwise, on its own it does the job very well.

the Skin79 VIP gold label  has gold and caviar extracts to nourish the skin whilst the phyto complex moisturizes the skin. A mixture of rice bran, sunflower and ivy extracts called Osmopur protects the skin from harmful environmental elements.

Contains UV protection.

Skin79 BB cream gold label

 

SKIN79 Super+ Triple Function Hot Pink BB Cream SPF25

Hot Pink is the Skin79 BB cream for combination and oily skin. The water drop texture is cool to the skin upon application and feels very light. It keeps the skin moisturized all the day but it is also matt so you will not look shiny.

The Hot Pink BB cream also contains eight plant extracts and whitening agents Adenosine and Arbutin so prolonged use will lighten some dark blemish marks.

Note though that this is not a full on coverage but rather a light to medium one. Darker more pronounced blemishes and scars may need concealer.

Skin79 BB cream hot pink label

 

Missha BB Cream

With a slightly thicker consistency, MISSHA M Perfect Cover BB Cream is ideal for the oilier skins that are prone to break out and acne. Some BB creams start wearing off after a few hours or does not prevent oiliness especially on the T zone, but this one does and a little goes a long way.

The natural beige color is also warmer and more natural than some BB creams. It blends in well with your skin color and looks as if you have nothing on.

The SPF 42 is also an added bonus for those who are worried about sun protection. Some people do not like the smell but we think it is fine.

People who are worried about cosmetics containing mineral oil and/or parabens should avoid this product as it does contain both.

It is a great product if you are always on the go and do not have the time to spend hours getting yourself ready. Again if you skin needs a little extra help, all you need is a concealer and a bit of powder but you will find that over time, you won’t needs these items to look good.

Missha BB Cream Natural Beige

 

HANSKIN Premium Super Magic BB Cream SPF30

Not a household name when it comes to Korean BB creams in the west, but this is a great little product at a reasonable price.

The use of grape seeds oil provides nourishing moisture and contains numerous essential fatty acids such as linoleic, oleic and stearic. It helps dry skin without being too oily and it has antioxidant properties.

As a result, the skin is protected from external elements and has the added benefit of preventing premature aging.

The HANSKIN Premium Super Magic BB Cream glides on silky smooth and gives mild to medium coverage. It does not irritate skin (grape seed oil is suitable for sensitive skin) and the color gives the skin a nice warm natural glow.

Hanskin premium super magic BB cream

Heres a chart to help you define your skins needs :

BB-cream-chart.jpg