Lack of sleep

Confidential Guidance

 

Lack of sleep

Lack of sleep can make you grumpy and foggy. You may not know what it can do to your, memory, health, looks, and even ability to lose weight. Anxiety is one of the main causes of insomnia and sleep disruption: When you think about something stressful while lying in bed, it's harder for your body to relax and drift off to dreamland -- and this nightly pattern only gets worse as your brain and body learn to dread bedtime. You may also be deliberately robbing yourself of much-needed rest by staying up too late or rising too early: Most of us need seven to nine hours of sleep a night, but many over scheduled and overworked adults regularly get by on less. Skimping on sleep can cause fatigue and attention problems, and increase your risk of disease. It also causes your stress level to increase meaning dark circles to appear. I'm sure you all don't want to be looking like a panda, so sleep well, rest well, then all is well! 

 

Okay so my best friend Google told me something cool. Like cool. This is based on someone else's opinion to what happens if you don't sleep at all. 

 

Day 1 : Without sleep: Extreme fatigue, poor coordination, and low focus.

Day 2: Fatigue Worsens, focus is almost nonexistant. Frequent hunger. Hot and cold flashes add to the misery.

Day 3: Fatigue is replaced by a nervous, almost manic energy. You feel that you can focus, but in reality cannot. Hunger worsens.

Day 4: Fatigue returns. Your body will feel like it is breaking down. I am no stranger to severe injury, but can honestly say, this is the closest I have ever felt to death. You can actually feel your body dying. That may not be the case, but I have no other word to describe the feeling. Most of your time spent in a disassociative fugue. Even without sleeping, you will begin to lose track of large segments of time.

Day 5: This is when the hallucinations start. large blocks of time gone missing, you'll go through entire classes at school, then look up, and realize you are in your room, and the classes never happened. Talk to people, freinds and family for hours, make plans, then look up, and its 10 minutes later in your room. I hear scratching on the walls, but no matter how fast I turn my head, the scratching will always be 90 degrees off center, just out of my sight. I hear gentle, and sometimes not so gentle knocking at my door, to open it and find no one there. Tapping at the window when you are not looking at it.

Day 5.5) about 12 hours into Day 5, the visual hallucinations begin. You will look at something, and small shadows will suddenly dart out of your peripheral vision. If you try to visually follow them, you can't, they're gone, but more will dart the other way out of the corner of the opposite eye. Sometimes, the room will suddenly darken, or slide out of focus. (Interestingly, the shadows running in the corners of your eyes do not).

Day 6: Things start to get really weird, but I'd rather not discuss it.