Advice

Who are you?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Eight

Minho

"First of all, you have to start with a friendly relationship. You can't just be like 'Let's be friends' and then the next day be like 'Let's date!'. You have to make her feel that you are someone that she could consider dating. Are you close with her, Taemin?"

He thought about it, putting his hand on his chin, in deep thought. "Well, she's been helping me with my project lately, and I've been helping her out at the library, so-"

I cut him off. "Okay, so you two are close. Just be a little more friendly with her. But I have one question."

"What is it?" Taemin asked.

"Does she seem to have interest in you?" I asked.

Once again, Taemin started to think again. He looked like he was thinking about a hard math problem. Silly boy . . .

"Um, the truth is . . . I don't know." Taemin confessed.

I sighed. Duh. Taemin wasn't the observant type. Why did I ask a question that had no answer?

"Well, okay, then. If she doesn't, you'll have to try your best. Talk with her about stuff that you two have in common. Study together, go somewhere together, stuff like that. It'll help a lot." I said.

Taemin wrote it down on a sticky note and I rolled my eyes. "Taemin, you don't need to write this down."

"I'll forget!" he whined, which was probably true, so I didn't say anything and let him finish his writing.

"Go on." he said, his hand holding his pencil for preparation.

I sighed at his eagerness for my girl lessons. "Anyways, once you two are much more closer, you'll see signs that means that she likes you, but only if she does like you, okay? Then, you can . . . I dunno. Flirt with her? You know? Confess, hug, or kiss her so-"

"K-KISS?!" Taemin gasped. His face was all red.

"I feel so guilty for telling this stuff to an eight-year old boy."

Taemin pouted. "I'm not eight! I'm a high schooler that is about to graduate!"

"So I wonder why you're so immature." I muttered.

"I heard that!" he yelled, putting his hands on his hips.

"Taemin, if you haven't even thought about kissing her, you are truly something! If you're crushing on her, you should let her know!"

Taemin looked down in a sad way. "What . . . What if she doesn't like me back?"

His sad expression could've made people cry. "Taemin, that's what I'm here for. Do you want to hear me or not?"

Taemin looked back up urgently. "Yes! Yes, hyung!"

"Well then, you've gotta listen! If you really like her, you've got to make a move!"

"But-"

"Okay, let me just tell you this in an easier way so that people like you can understand."

"What do you mean 'people like you'?" Taemin asked, crossing his arms.

I ignored his question. "Okay, so let's say that the girl is a . . . cupcake."

"Cupcake?" Tamin repeated.

"Yes, cupcake. And this cupcake is absolutely appealing. It's nice and sweet, it looks fufilling and good to eat-"

"Will you not describe her like that?" Taemin said in an angry voice.

"What I'm trying to say is that you like this cupcake. It's love at first sight and you want to buy it. So, buy it. If you don't, you'll regret it. When you come back to the cupcake store later, it'll be gone already because someone else has bought it."

Taemin thought about it. Then he said, "I see. I get it, okay? But I don't really think I have to kiss her yet."

I shrugged. "Your loss."

I left the room and closed the door. I leaned my ear against the door, trying to hear him. There was no sound and I knew he was in deep thought again.

~~~

Taemin 

"Where is this book supposed to be?"

"Oh! In that other shelf." Gigi said, pointing across the room.

For the past few weeks, I've been helping Gigi at the library. I've been helping her with the books and she's also been helping me with my project. In fact, my project is done and graded. I got an A+ on it too! Hee, hee, hee!

As I walked to the shelf to put the book away, I smiled to myself at the thought. If it weren't for Gigi, I wouldn't have gotten such a great grade. She was so smart, organized, nice, hard-working, pretty. . .

"Taeyoon! How about we go have ice cream afterwards?" Gigi said from the shelf next to me.

My spirits lightened up even more. "Did you say 'ice cream'?"

Gigi laughed. "Ye, ice cream.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter