Concentration

Who are you?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Seven

Taemin

After school, I hurried over to the library to study. The library was quiet, like usual. Just perfect for studying. I sat back down at the table I was at yesterday. No one was sitting near me or anything. Now I could completely focus on my assignment. I took off my backpack and jacket. I grabbed the physics book and started to read it with lots of concentration.

"Mrs. Lee, are these the only books that I need to put away today?"

Forget about the 'completely focus on my assignment' goal that I'd said to myself just seconds ago. I knew that voice belonged to Gigi Myo without turning around. But because I couldn't help myself, I turned around to look.

Gigi was standing on the opposite wall, talking with a lady that was wearing high heels that were way too high (to me!). Gigi was supposed to be a teenage girl, but the way she dressed and talked reminded me of a mature, thirty-year old librarian.

Today, Gigi was wearing a  light blue cardigan with a dark blue skirt that reached her knees. She wore her brown hair in a ponytail and was wearing flats. Now I was way off topic. I was supposed to be talking about physics... 

I turned my head back to my reading. I grabbed my notebook and pencil, planning to take notes on it. After a few minutes of reading and taking notes, I felt a tap on my shoulder. It turned and saw Gigi's face an inch away from mine. She was looking over my shoulder at my notes.

"W-What are you doing?!" I blurted out. My heart was pounding from seeing her so close to me.

"Oh, sorry." Gigi apologized. She pulled away from me and walked over to the other side of the table to sit.

Not knowing what to do, I went back to my work. She continued to watch me. I could not focus. I dropped my pencil and looked up at her. She looked startled that I'd glanced at her. She looked down at her lap. Was she blushing? Why?

"Um, I need to go back now." she said quietly. She got out of the chair and was walking away.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter