Secret

Who are you?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Five

Taemin

I quickly opened the door and went into the party room. Everyone else was there. Except Minho. I wondered where he went. Today was Jonghyun's birthday. My present for him was just a new pair of Nike's. I hoped that it was enough for him. I'd even wrapped it up in a cool-looking (to me) wrapping paper so that it would look...I don't know! Cool?

Jonghyun spotted me and waved me over. Key and Onew were sitting with him on the couch. I felt guilty for being late because of a project.

"Taemin! What'd you get for your hyung?" Jonghyun asked.

I smiled sweetly and said in a childish voice, "A card! What else?"

Key gasped. "Dude, are you serious? You got him a card of all things? What kind? The 99 cent ones?"

Onew and Key cracked up. I smiled mischievously.

Jonghyun frowned. "Don't lie, Taemin. I know that you would never treat me like that! I think..."

I broke into a huge grin. "Just kidding, bro! Here." I said, giving him the wrapped up present.

"This present is pretty heavy for a card." Jonghyun said, grinning at me.

I smiled. "Hyung, you just never know."

Key sighed in the direction behind me. "Finally! It took you forever, Minho!"

I heard someone behind me pant heavily, as if they had ran a marathon. I turned around and saw Minho, small beads of sweat on his forehead.

"You should be glad that I even made it." he said. He handed Jonghyun an envelope. "Here you go. Happy birthday."

Jonghyun frowned at the envelope. "Someone really did get me a card."

Key, Onew, and I laughed. Jonghyun raised his eyebrow at Minho. Minho grinned. "I was too late to get anything else, alright?"

"What's your excuse?" Key asked, crossing his arms.

Minho shrugged. "I was at the bookstore."

"And you?" Key said, looking over at me like I was a suspect in a crime.

"I had homework to do!" I whined.

"Really? I never saw you in the house." Key said, narrowing his eyes.

"I was at the library." I said, hurt at his accusation.

"Can we just be happy right now?" Jonghyun spoke up. "This doesn't really matter."

Key shrugged and Onew nodded.

"Let's P-A-R-T-Y!!!" Jonghyun shouted. He leapt off of the sofa and headed to dance.

I immediately walked to my destiny. Minho grabbed my arm. "Taemin, where are you going?"

"To the food, of course!"

Key, Onew, and Minho laughed loudly. I blinked. "What? What?! Is there something wrong with that?"

Onew shook his head. "No, not at all, Taemin. Fine, go now. Before the food disappears."

I continued to walk. Suddenly, Onew was right next to me. "Hey! Why are you following me?!" I said. I want to eat it all before others come. . .

"I'm not following you!" Onew said. "I'm going to steal all the chicken!"

Giggles

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter