Boring Life

Who are you?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Twenty-Eight

Gigi

It's been two weeks since I broke up with Minho. Which means that it's also been two weeks since I refused Taemin. Which also means that it's been two weeks since I've seen him. I've been trying to ignore all of the events that have happened for these few months, but I can't.

I can't forget about meeting Taemin. I can't forget about working at the library with him, dating him, finding out his secret, breaking up with him, or any of the other complicated things that have been going on. I had only wanted a simple, pure relationship with the boy that I loved. Who knew love could be so complicated? Who knew that I'd be the lucky girl out of millions who would get to date Lee Taemin?

As another teardrop landed on my cheek, I swiped it away and started to work again. Soon, clicking heels headed my way again. I turned around to see Mrs. Lee stopping right in front of me. She crossed her arms and gave me a disapproving look.

"Why are you so slow today, Gigi?"

I tried to smile. "Mianhe, Mrs. Lee. There's been things on my mind."

She clicked her tongue. "You've been way too depressed lately. You need a break."

I shook my head quickly. "Ani, Mrs. Lee! I'm fine! Really."

"No, you're not. Those tear stains are already proof."

I wiped at my cheek once more. "N-Nothing's wrong, Mrs. L--"

"This is all his fault."

My voice got caught in my throat as Taemin was mentioned. I couldn't reply. I didn't want to reply. I didn't want to say anything about him if my goal was to forget him.

Mrs. Lee continued. "He was the one who made this mess. You had been perfectly fine until he came along. Now you're always depressed and crying all the time. That boy was no good. I should've advised you more."

My defensive instinct suddenly dwelled up. "Mrs. Lee, you have mistaken him. We only met by coincidence. He'd been asking for a physics book." I wandered off, remembering the day I'd met him.

She gave me a stern look and a shake of the head. "Coincidence or not, he made you fall for him. He's just a liar, a player, and a selfish son of a--"

"No!" I shouted.

Mrs. Lee stared at me in shock. I've never interrupted her before. However, this time it was different. My feelings were being talked of and I didn't want Mrs. Lee to speak falsely of Taemin.

"Before him," I whispered. "Life was. . . life was boring. Yeah. That's how I'll define my life. Boring. Of all my seventeen years, I have always had a boring life. I'm a straight A-student, a nerd, a librarian, and a loner. That's it. There has never been anything special about me. Until he came along. He changed my attitude about life. About myself. Everything. My self-esteem is not anything that I worry about anymore. So Mrs. Lee, please don't judge him like that." 

My whole speech had been entirely without eye contact towards Mrs. Lee. So, when I look

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter