Girl Fight

Who are you?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Thirty-Three

Gigi

It's been a few days since my last visit to SHINee's dorms. Minho has been calling me several times for the past few days, but I rejected them all. I didn't mean to be rude. I didn't mean to be cold. I just felt that it was best to move away from him and the others. Besides, it was what Taemin wanted He wanted me to be out of is life. He wanted to me to be invisible to him. So I was going to respect his wishes.

It was what I needed too. I needed a break from all this . . . drama. It wasn't a healthy lifestyle to be constantly stressed out over a love life. Now that I thought about it, love was much too complicated. It involved too much jealousy and pain, not enough love.

"Honey, are you alright?"

I blinked back to the present. My mother was sitting at the dining table, looking at me like I had sprouted mushrooms in my hair.

"Oh. Um, ye. I'm fine, mother." I replied. "Really," I added when she gave a doubtful look.

"Are you sure, dear?" she asked. "I feel like you've been so distant lately. We haven't had any discussions for a while. Is everything okay?"

I nodded my head. "O-Of course. Mom, don't be so over-sensitive."

My mother nodded in agreement. "I guess you're right. It's just that . . . I don't know. You mentioned a while ago that you met a nice boy around the same age as you. You told me that you were dating him, right? Is everything alright?"

"Oh! Umm...." I trailed off. I hadn't expected my forgetful mother to remember that conversation. "To be honest, we just don't click. So . . . we stopped dating."

My mother displayed a sad face. "Aww, Gigi, why so fast? I was really hoping that you would bring him home sometime to introduce me. What was his name?"

I didn't want to talk about Taemin anymore. "It felt like I was going around in circles, trying to stop thinking about him, but having to tell my mother about him. "Well . . . his name is Lee Taemin. And he's --"

"What did you just say?!"

"L-Lee Taemin . . . ?" I repeated.

Her eyes widened in disbelief. "No way. No way. Gigi, are you talking about Lee Taemin who sang on Immortal Song 2?!"

"Um, well, yes."

She gasped in shock. "You have got to be kidding me. This is a joke, right? You're dating a celebrity?!"

"I was." I corrected.

"Gigi Myo, what in the world is wrong with you?" my mother asked. "Why did you break up with a celebrity?"

"Well, it's complicated," I defended myself. "I broke up with him, then we sorta almost got back together, but then he decided to not get back together, so yeah."

"You 'almost' got back together with him?" she repeated.

I nodded. "Ye."

"But you didn't?"

"...Ye."

"So what are you still doing here for?!" my mother yelled. "Go get dressed, where something good, and go grab him back!"

"I've tried, mom! But it's useless. It's better this way!" I argued.

"How can you say that? Nothing is impossible. Some things are meant to be. So make it!" she said. "You can do this, Gigi!"

I rolled my eyes. "This isn't a love race, mom."

"Go get him back now." she snapped.

My mother isn't usually like this. Really. She isn't obsessed with money either. Really. But I think I know what she's obsessed with. Handsome boys. Mm-hm.

~ ~ ~

Seohyun

"Are you ready?" I asked.

"R-Ready as I'll ever be." Tiffany replied.

"Then you better be more than ready," I snapped. "Becau

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter