Slowly Unraveling

Who are you?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Nineteen

Minho

    I couldn't wrap my head around why Taemin was so frightened. The moment I saw his face, I knew something was wrong. That night, I went up to him to ask him about it.

"Yah, why were you so weird today?"

Taemin laughed sheepishly and blushed. "I was afraid that Gigi would figure out that I lied."

"'Lied', you say? How?" I asked.

"A while ago, when we were just getting to know each other, I told her that I had no siblings. I was trying really hard to keep my fake identity, so I decided that even small details should be different from the truth."

"You're stupid," I stated. "But I already know that."

Taemin punched me lightly in the arm. "Hyung, you're mean."

"So, did Gigi find out that you had lied to her about that?"

Taemin shook his head. "Ani. She didn't even know. I guess I was just being too alert of my lies."

I shook my head at Taemin. "I never imagined you to be the type to lie so much, Taemin. Tsk, tsk."

Taemin pouted. "Hyung, there's nothing I can do! I wanted to keep things secretive."

"You know, Taemin, I've told you before, but. . .you really shouldn't lie to her. It's selfish and cruel of you."

Taemin didn't reply. He looked surprised at my sudden comment. I was, too. I didn't usually disturb people's relationships. Unless Onew and the others teased another member. Then I'm so helping him with the teasing.

"Minho, this is none of your business." Taemin said in a nervous voice.

"Now you're talking back? You never used to. I guess Gigi is a really big influence on you. If you love her, you need to tell her the truth. You can't just-"

"I said this isn't your business! Leave me alone. I can take care of myself. Gigi will never find out."

I scoffed at him. "Mwuh? You're kidding, Taemin. She'll find out no matter what. Secrets can't be kept forever, especially in love. You're being unreasonable. Also, you can take care of yourself?! You can't even raise your own fish, how can you take care of yourself?"

"Hyung, shut up." Taemin said in a low voice.

"You raised the fish for less than 3 days and it already-"

"I told you to shut up!"

I stopped talking. Taemin never, ever shouted at people like that. Not even when we poured milk on him on April Fools Day. This time, he was red with anger. His face was filled with rage. His eyes were a little red. I stepped back from him and walked closer to the door.

"Taemin, look, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to say so much. I just think that it's best to tell her. Mianhe; if I went overboard."

I left the room quietly.

Taemin

     I didn't mean to yell at Minho. I really didn't. It's just that I couldn't listen to what he was saying. Well, I didn't want to, anyways. I had become deeply in love with Gigi. Just hearing Minho say stuff like that made me scared of the future and what might happen.

I sat down on my bed and sighed. I closed my eyes and tried to calm down. It didn't work much. I was still feeling adrenaline from the small fight with Minho. He really did care about me. It was rude of me to argue with him. I made a mental note to apologize to him later on.

That was when I got an idea: I could invite Gigi to come over! She wouldn't know that this place is actually the SHINee dorms. She'll just think that I live with my friends. It wasn't uncommon, after all. Besides, with my weird attitude yesterday, she was bound to worry about what's up with me. Today, I can show her that I am back to being Lee Taemin! I mean Lee Taeyoon. Oops.

Gigi

I was busy reading a new book at the library. The library was even quiter than usual. There weren't many people coming in today, so Mrs. Lee had told me to just 'chill'. Well, reading was how I chilled.

My phone rang loudly and I blushed as some people gave me strange looks. Maybe I should change my ringtone after all. Bo Peep Bo Peep is a little too immature while I'm working.

I quickly pushed the talk button and my T-Ara girls stopped singing (which was a relief). "Yoboseyo?"

"Gigi!" said Taeyoon.

I gasped softly. "Oh! Hey. What's up?" It was a surprise to hear from him. Especially since he'd been so strange the other day.

"Are you busy today?"

"Nope. Wae?" I asked.

I could already see his smile, even over the phone. "Would you like to come over to my house? I know that you haven't been there before."

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter