Can't Deny Our Love

Who are you?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Thirty

Taemin

It was like time had frozen. Like nobody could move or talk. Like a movie paused in space. I could barely register what Seohyun had just said but at the same time, I knew what she'd said. And I didn't know what to say.

"W-What are you talking about?" Gigi asked in a small mumble. Her eyes were glassy.

Seohyun flicked her hair with a hand. "Ahem. I said that Taemin and I have been ordered to date each other."

"Anya," Gigi denied. "This isn't true. It can't be! How can they do that? How can they--"

"Look, girl," Seohyun interrupted. "Maybe it's because you're a commoner. Or maybe it's because you don't know what fame is. But when you want to become famous, you have to abid by the rules. That means doing whatever your company says. So, here I am, trying to become the next big thing. If I have to date Taemin, so be it."

"Yah," Key said to Seohyun. "I don't care whether or not you become famous. But you won't be famous in a good way if you keep up your y attitude."

Seohyun gave him a fake smile. "That's why I'm always sweet in front of the cameras."

Key shook his head. "Looks like no one can change you, eh?"

I cleared my throat. "Ahem, will we please go back to the topic at hand? First of all, why in the world does SM want you and I to date?"

Seohyun rolled her eyes, as if I was stupid. "Are you serious? You don't get it? SM Entertainment wants us to date so that we can catch the media's attention. Every company is like that."

"What? But that's crazy!" I exclaimed. "I barely know you! Besides, wouldn't the press be suspicious of our sudden news? I mean, it's not like we're very close."

"Did you already forget about our song duet?" Seohyun asked in exasperation. "We can fake it up, like say 'Oh, we fell in love with each other when we sang together. it was love at first sight.' Blah. Stuff like that. Easy."

I frowned. "What? Just like that? Don't you even care about my own feelings?"

"Of course I don't care. Neither does our company." Seohyun answered bluntly. Which was true.

Gigi fumbled with her hands. "Um, uh, what does this mean then? Is. . . Is it all over? For Taemin and I?"

"No. It's not." I answered. I was not letting this go. I just got back the love of my life and now I can't be with her? i was almost ready to hit someone. Okay, maybe not hit someone. But I was angry enough.

"Gigi, let's go." I said, grabbing her hand.

Gigi blushed as I made contact with her. "Eh? Go where?"

"To the SM Headquarters."

As we walked, I heard Seohyun protest. "Mwuh? They aren't gonna listen to you, stupid! Just obey them!"

I swear I thought that I heard Key curse at her.

~ ~ ~

I walked Gigi to my car and I opened the passenger door for her.

Gigi closed the door behind her and I ran to th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter