Acquianted

Who are you?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Sixteen

Taemin

I didn't understand what Gigi meant. I turned to Minho for an explanation, but he was still staring at Gigi with a face full of awe. I had an awful feeling inside of me that I didn't recognize when I saw Gigi and Minho look at each other like that. It was a feeling that I didn't like. At all. I didn't have a clue as to what it was, though.

Onew leaned in to my ear and whispered. "Your girlfriend can't even afford a dollar?! Tsk, tsk. That's no good, Tae."

I shoved him away from me. "Be quiet, you." Onew snickered along with Key.

I cleared my throat and Gigi turned at the sound of my voice. I didn't recognize my voice. "What do you mean, Gigi?"

She smiled. "Oh. Well, I was at the bookstore a while ago. I was getting a book and, well, I was one dollar off. I hadn't brought enough money! Then, your friend-" she made eye contact with Minho. "-randomly gave me a dollar and left before I could even say thanks!" She said, frowning.

I frowned too. "How nice of you, Minho. You never usually give money away just like that."

Minho raised an eyebrow. "Are you tryin' to call me greedy with money?"

"Oh, ani! Hyung, no! I'm just saying that you don't often give stuff away generously."

"So you are calling me greedy." Minho said. Then he turned to Gigi. "Your boyfriend's not that nice."

Gigi laughed softly. "Well, everyone has their own opinion."

I didn't like the fact that Minho had made Gigi laugh. At least, that much was obvious to me. There was something unpleasant about it. I crossed my eyes and silently stared at them.

Gigi took out her hand for Minho to shake. "My name is Gigi Myo. But you can just call me Gigi. It's nice to meet you- I mean, see you again." she bowed politely.

Minho gripped her hand. "I'm Min. . . uh, I mean, I'm Minsu. Nice to see ya again, too."

Jonghyung nudged me in the arm and I winced. He gave me an apologetic look, then gave me a teasing look. "Yah, Taem. . . uh, Taeyoon, how rude of you! You haven't introduced us to your girlfriend yet."

I stepped towards my girlfriend. "Gigi, these are my other friends. And guys, this is Gigi Myo, my girlfriend."

They all cheered and made romantic noises while I blushed. Gigi smiled and walked closer to the disguised SHINee boys.

"It is wonderful to meet you all! Taeyoon has been a great boyfriend. . . most of the time. And I thank you guys for making him who he is."

They clapped at Gigi's compliment and stood up from their chairs to greet her.

Key started first. "My name is. . .hmm, well, my name's Ken. Annyeong." Gigi bowed and waved back in response.

Onew bit his lip nervously. "Uh. . .Annyeong, Gigi. I'm Onshik. Pleased to meet you."

"Nice to meet you, too." Gigi said.

"Annyeong, Myo-Myo. I'm Jongyong." said Jonghyung.

I blinked. "D-Did you just call her. . ."

". . .'Myo-Myo' ?" Gigi finished for me. She looked shocked as well.

Jonghyung gave a goofy grin. "Oh, come on, what's not to like about a cute nickname, Myo Myo?"

"You can't be serious." I stated.

"I am serious." Jonghyung replied. "Besides, it's her last name. What's wrong?"

Key laughed. "Well, Myo Myo, we're all happy to finally meet you."

~ ~ ~

"You're girlfriend is really cute!" Jonghyung whispered.

I narrowed my eyes. "Too bad, she's taken."

We had decided to all browse around the new bookstore. I was in the non-fiction section with Jonghyung. I had been alone looking for a book that could help me study for my history test in 2 weeks. That was when Jonghyung had popped out of nowhere and said the most random thing ever.

"She's really right for you, Taemin. She has all the characteristics that suit you. You guys are the most compatible match I've seen within our SHINee history!" Jonghyung continued.

That caught my attention. "What SHINee history?"

He smiled cleverly, as if knowing that I would have gave this reaction. "Well, sometimes I talk with the other members about our dating history, you know? Like, how many exes we have, who was the best couple, stuff like that. In fact, we even wrote down data one time when we were bored."

"Who's 'we'?" I asked.

"Key, Onew and I." Jonghyung answered. "I mean, you didn't expect Minho to be on the list, right? He's not that type. And you are always so busy with your little things."

"What little things?!" I snapped.

Jonghyung shrugged. "Homework, dancing, singing, stuff like that. OH!" he said, with an I-Almost-Forgot face. "And recently, dating Gigi."

I blushed again. "W-Well, so what?"

Jonghyung shrugged again. "I dunno. I just wanted to congratulate you on finding the right girl after just a couple tries."

I smiled. "Thanks."

He suddenly had a concerned face. "But you know that this can't go on forever, right?"

"What are you talking about?"

"Lee Taeyoon's relationship with Gigi. It's risky."

"S-She won't find out." I said.

"She will. One day. It's best to tell her soon. If she find out another way, things might get complicated."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter