Overly-Polished House

100 Days with The Daegu Diva (a.k.a Mr. Arrogant) (Kinda Permanent Hiatus)

 

     The sugar rush finally went down by the time your reached your room.  It was a great karaoke party, despite the fact that you guys went at 10:50 A.M.

You plugged in your iPhone to charge and began to make yourself look normal again while listening to T.O.P's "Turn It Up." Even though it was an old song, you liked the funky hip hop beat because of your semi-ghettoness

     A couple minutes later, the doorbell chimed.  The voices of your mother and another voice chatting lingered towards your room.  By then you looked alright again, so you grabbed your suitcases and knapsack, grabbed your phone, and bounced down the stairs.  There, in the doorway, stood Key, looking bored and wearing a face that looked like Kris's " Face."  You snickered at the thought of it.

"Ready?" Key asked, but his eyes showed no concern.  You cinkled your nose and nodded reluctantly.  "I'll be in the car outside, then." he added before heading towards a silver Hundai Sonata. 

"Remember, if he does anything bad, use your Wushu skills and run back here, okay?" your mother spoke.  You giggled and embraced her.  "I'm serious, too.  Be strong, okay?  I love you." she whispered.  Your eyes watered up.

     "Hey, no hug for your Papi?" a voice cut in.  Behind your mother stood your father, dressed in khaki shorts and simple Yankees jersey.  You broke away from your mother and crushed him in a hug.  He chuckled and kissed the top of your head.  "I love you."

"I love you too," you said, and broke away. 

And then a car honk interrupted the sweet moment.

     You stuck your head out the doorway.

"CALM YOUR !" you shouted angrily.  Your parents were surprised at your language, but they didn't like Key either, so they disreguarded it.

"That guy's such a...nevermind.  Uwa~ I'm going to miss you guys!" you sighed.  Your parents smiled sadly.

"Us too.  I'd really sue him if I could..." your mother replied.  You grinned and hopped down the front steps.  Halfway down the walkway, you looked back.

"I LOVE YOU~" you yelled, hoping everyone in the neighborhood could hear you.  Your parents were laughing as you entered the car, but your heart was sinking.

You were already beginning to really dislike Key for making you do this.

 

     You were in the passenger side of the car, next to Key, who was gripping the steering wheel firmly. 

About five minutes of driving later, your music was beginning to annoy him.

"Can you turn down your music?" he asked.  You couldn't hear him though, because you were blasting "Summit" by Skrillex [feat. Ellie Goulding] from your phone.  Also because you were staring out the window with your arms crossed.

"Hey!" he stated again.  You didn't answer.

Finally he pulled out one of your earbuds, causing your head to jerk towards his direction.

"Yah!  Ouch!" you whined, and snatched back your left earbud.

"You're playing your music too loud!" Key argued.  You stuck out your tounge at him and plugged the bud back into your ear, cranking the music a little lower.

Dubstep hater!  He has no respect for my music... you thought.

*         *         *

      "We're here." Key stated firmly before stepping out the car.  You looked up from your phone and your jaw dropped.

His house looked like something out of a movie.

     You stumbled out of the car and stood on the driveway.

"Wait, this is so Westernized for a South Korean home!" you exclaimed.  Key looked at you with an amused expression.

"That's what money is for." he smirked.  You shook your head and grabbed your luggage out of the back seat.  Once that was done, you followed him up the huge walkway.

~~~

     Inside the house was very plain, but then again managed to look classy- and it had a sort of retro feel to it.

     "Ah, so you're the girl who Kibummie was talking about!" a voice chimed.  You looked up and saw a boy leaning over the stairs' upper railing.  He had light reddish-tan hair, rounded cheekbones, slightly circular face, and an awkward smile. 

You nodded in response.  He slid down the steps and landed in front of you and Key.

"I'm Onew!" he greeted with a small bow.

"I'm Hwiyoung," you said, and returned the bow.  Onew grinned cheekily, his eyes turning into little crescents.

"You're so tiny for a seventeen year old...hey, I'm going to call you 'Tiny!'" he teased.  Key must've told him your age.

You nodded.

"Well, I have a feeling I made this situation awkward.  Imma go join the others, bye Tiny!" Onew bid, and then dissapeared down some steps.

     "Anyway...you're room is very top floor, fifth door to the left.  Can you manage that?" Key instructed.  You nodded and hauled your stuff up the steps.

~~~

     Two...three...four...ah!  Here it is! you thought to yourself, and turned the knob of an overly-spotless door. 

     "Seriously...even this is better than my room at home!" you muttered while tossing your luggage aside and throwing yourself on the fluffy matress.  It smelled like...a forest and lemon trees.  Surprisingly, a very nice combo.  But for some reason, something itchy was underneath your that made you unconfortable.  You rolled over and picked up the itchy object.

Oh hell no.

A maid outfit.

     It wasn't really like those kinds you might be thinking of; with the frilly white lace and black cloth with the headband.  This one was a soft, mint green dress that went to the middle of your thigh, black button-up collar, black stripes along the short sleeves and bottom of the dress, and a simple black apron on the front.  There were black knee-length leggings behind it, which made you glad.  It was nothing too outrageous like the kinds in anime cartoons. 

"Even though this looks nice...I can't believe I'm going to have to wear this!" you whined. 

Your phone buzzed, indicating a text.  You placed the uniform on a chair and checked the message.

"Hey!!!  I MISS YOU ALREADY.  Has the Key guy done anything bad yet?  Tell me so I can beat his sorry if necessary! ~EunJi"

You giggled and replied;

"Nothing too bad, but I do have to wear a stupid maid uniform...ugh.  *SOBS LIKE A BABY*"

Your phone buzzed again shortly after you sent the message.

"I told you guy's an !  NOW I HAVE PROOF!  MUHAHAHAAA!!" EunJi had said.

You laughed.

"True, true!  I want to go HOME.  I think I hear Key coming upstairs.  I LUV YOU~" you texted back.  The footsteps were coming closer.

"LUV YOU TOO BBUING BBUING~" EunJi responded.  You smiled and shoved your phone into your pocket just before your bedroom door opened.

 


CREDITS TO THE OWNERS OF THE PICS, I got them of Tumblr so yeah...

Also, I will try to post more of my artwork for the scenes!  :D  I noticed this story doesn't have many subscribers...it's okay!  I'm only writing this for the enjoyment of YOU~ and my love of writing.

Please comment, subscribe, or do nothing!  Either way I'll still love you.