Harlem Shake & Karaoke.

100 Days with The Daegu Diva (a.k.a Mr. Arrogant) (Kinda Permanent Hiatus)

 

      It was the next morning, and you were lazily freshening up (the usual shower and brushing your teeth, yadda yadda yadda).  You had packed basically your whole room last night, so you were really, REALLY sleepy.

"Stupid...freaking...spoiled boy..." you grumbled as you popped in your violet circle lenses.  Your eyes were already big, but since you barely wore any eye makeup, the circle lenses made up for it.  After that, you applied a thin layer of liquid liner.

"Hwiyoung dear!  Breakfast is ready!" your mother shouted from downstairs.  You ran a comb through your wavy, brunette hair and fringe before stomping down the steps.

 

     "So, did you sleep well last night?" your mother asked. 

"No," you said while piling rice and grilled fish on your plate, heading to the table afterwards.  Your mother sat down across from you with her own plate of food and slid a small bowl of kimchi jjigae (kimchi stew...did I spell that right?) towards you.  You glanced at her quizzicaly.

"You'll need your strength.  Also, I want you to have a good meal before you leave." she winked.  You smiled and spooned the hearty stew into your mouth. 

You had told your mother what Key had done yesterday, and she hadn't taken it well.  But she agreed to let you after three hours of persuading.  Although to convince your father, it took you and your mother four hours.  After all, he was very protective of his only child.

"Where is Papi (father in spanish) anyway?" you asked between spoonfuls of rice and fish.  Your mother jerked her thumb upward, gesturing upstairs.

"Sleeping.  You know how he does the nightshift.  Although it pays off, since he gets extra money for it." she explained.  You nodded and finished off your food.  Your mother stared at your empty dishes.

"Good gracious, Hwiyoung, I'll never understand your ferocious appetite.  You eat like a bear." she teased. 

"Blame it on Papi!" you exclaimed cutely, causing your mother to laugh.

You were going to miss her when you left.


     "So he was being serious about making you work for him?" EunJi asked.  You nodded glumly.  You and her were on the swings in the local park after breakfast.  Not many people were there yet, except for the usual joggers and the way-too-skinny girls who were exercising to become even thinner.  You never understood why girls took it to extremes to become overly skinny.  It made you sad.

"Well, this 'Key' guy is an , then." EunJi added.  You snickered and pushed your legs higher, causing the swing to reach towards the sky.

"True.  He'll be picking me up at around lunchtime, like 12 P.M. or so.  At least he'll let me go home on certain weekends," you said.  The cool morning air ran through your hair semi-damp hair, drying it.

"Still.  He should let you go home every weekend, not on weekends when he feels like it." EunJi protested while digging her feet into the grass, as if she were imagining it was Key's annoyingly cute face.

"I agree.  But I guess sons whose fathers own big companies like to cause misery." you mumbled.  EunJi glanced at her watch.

"It's 10:30 A.M.  Let's go somewhere before you leave." she offered, standing upright.  You got off the worn-out swing and nodded in agreement.

"Let's go to a noraebang (karaoke house).  I'll call up our dance crew buddies." EunJi stated while punching numbers into her phone.

*           *           *

     About twenty minutes later, you and your friends had rented a room in the noraebang and were singing your hearts out.  Sanghee and Dae-Cho were high on Coke and were singing "Firework" by Katy Perry in heavy Engrish.  You were just sitting on a sofa next to Zhien, your childhood buddy, videotaping the chaos on your iPhone.  Zhien was reading a Cantonese blog on his iPad mini.

Sanghee and Dae-Cho finished singing Firework and EunJi began choosing a song.  A title caught your eye and you jumped up and down, shouting the name.

"HARLEM SHAKE!  HARLEM SHAKE!  PLEEEEASE!!!" you begged.  The rest of your friends cheered in agreement, even though it was more of a dancing song. 

You set up your iPhone camera so it could view the entire room, and EunJi pressed the play button.  You immediately began to "sing" the first line.

"CON LOS TERRORISTAS!" you chanted, and began to be the first person dancing crazily, combining all of your favorite K-Pop dance moves. 

Then the drop came.

Everyone began spazzing and dancing like a group of wild monkeys.  Even Zhien, who was usually the silent one, was being a spaz.  Daniel, the American one, was doing this air-humping thing that made you laugh so hard, tears burst out of your eyes.  Thank Shisus for waterproof makeup.

Everyone was cheering when the song was over, while you were ROFL-ing.

And the camera caught it all.


      "Hwiyoung?  You look high..." your mother commented when you arrived back home an hour later.  It was true, your nose and cheeks were rosy red from all the sugar and excitement, your hair was frizzed out, and your eyeliner had been smudged. 

"My friends took me to noraebang to say goodbye!" you chimed, stepping inside after taking off your shoes.  Your mother chuckled and told you to clean up. 

You went upstairs, leaving your mother smiling.

"This girl has the strangest friends..." she whispered to herself with a grin.

 


 

BTW: The Harlem Shake scene at the noraebang looked like this (sorta): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMN6OI6kxzc

EHRMERGAHD thank you for three subscribers! :D you guys are seriously DA BOMB.

 

BAM.

Ginger Chesnuts.

(that's just a thing I like to say)