Cooking Lessons

100 Days with The Daegu Diva (a.k.a Mr. Arrogant) (Kinda Permanent Hiatus)

 

     Jonghyun and you were walking back to the mansion after talking for what seemed like ages.

"And we are back at this wonderful house- well, more like hell hole for you," Jonghyun began, "and it's only 5:30 P.M.!"

You gasped.

"Fudge snappers, I was supposed to be here a half hour ago!" you squeaked.  Jonghyun chuckled and opened the front door.

"Have you forgotten the fact that you are with the Kim Jonghyun?  Relax, I've got 'ya covered." he assured.  You sighed loudly as you entered the Maison de la Monsieur Arrogante (lol fake French!)

"Yah!  Cha Hwiyoung, where the hell were you?!" Key demanded from the upper railing of the stairs.  You braced yourself as he stomped down the steps like King Kong.  Jonghyun slipped an arm around your waist, causing Key to make a shocked expression.

"Relax, Key.  I took her for a walk, that's it.  Let her be." the dino explained.  Key crossed his arms and looked at you firmly.

"You.  Come with me.  Now." he instructed.  You glanced at your former best friend before following the diva. 

     "This is Caroline, one of the house keepers.  She'll teach you how to cook, in this case it'll be dinner.  If you poison anything I'll kill you, got it?" Key ordered.  You nodded and he exited the elegant kitchen.

"What an ..." you cursed in Spanish.  The lady behind the counter, Caroline, looked at you and smiled.

     "Hello my dear!  I'll be teaching you how to prepare a meal for Kibum." she greeted in English.  You glanced at her and noticed she didn't look Korean at all.  She was white...possibly Italian due to her very slight accent. 

"You speak English!  Thank heavens, it's good to be able to speak with someone who speaks my native language!" you replied back in the same language.  Caroline nodded.  "Oh...I already know how to cook, ma'am." you added. 

"Good, you're one step ahead of the game.  I guess I'll just show you Kibum's favorite dishes, then.  Come closer so you can see better," Caroline said.  You trudged over to where she was standing, which was next to the sink and somewhat near the stove/oven.

     "Alright...so Kibum's favorite dinner dish is eomukguk (fish cake soup).  His second preference is japchae (beef and vegetable sesame noodles).  Although he eats international food occasionally." Caroline explained as she washed some vegetables and began chopping them up.  "But today, we'll just cook some bulgolgi." 

You watched with a careful eye about how she prepared everything; from the way she let the stove heat up to the way she seasoned the beef. 

"I like to use sea salt instead of reguar salt.  It gives it more of a kick." Caroline added.  She took out an expensive-looking pan and poured a spicy broth into it, adding the chopped beef soon after.  "The trick to tender beef is to let it simmer, so the moisture can remain inside it.  No tough beef or Kibum will throw a fit!  That diva really knows how to start that hissy-stuff." she commented with a chuckle.  You grinned.

"May I start on the rice Miss?" you asked.  Caroline nodded and you began washing the raw rice that was already in the pot.  It took five washes to get all of the starchiness out.  Afterwards, you set it in the rice cooker and turned it on.  "Ok, so the rice is cooking."

~~~

     "Then you just garnish it with scallions and sesame like this..." Caroline added, "...and then you put everything on a metal tray to serve Kibum.  Simple, right?"

You nodded.

"Thank you Miss!" you replied, picking up the tray and heading to the dining room.  Key was sitting at the grand table with Kris' signature  Face.  You swallowed back your snickering and set the tray in front of the diva. 

"I hope you learned some decent cooking skills." he stated.  You shrugged and walked away, knowing it pissed him off. 

 

     "What a day!" you groaned, jumping on your fluffy white bed matress.  "Stupid spoiled boy."

     You had reatreated upstairs to your room after eating a quick dinner with Caroline in the kitchen.  She was what you considered a friend now.

     "Aish...it's seven thirty already.  I'll go take a bath now," you said before shuffling to the bathroom.

 


 

It's so short...I know...I'm sorry.  I had state testing and absolutely no time for computer.

I fail.