You!

100 Days with The Daegu Diva (a.k.a Mr. Arrogant) (Kinda Permanent Hiatus)

 

     You made your way down EunJi's front steps, still confused about who would want to visit you.  So you cranked up the music on your iPhone louder.  So loud, that, the earbuds began to vibrate.  The sun was still trying to burn everything in its sight to charred crisps.

"Umma!  I'm here!" you called as soon as you entered your house, taking off your shoes at the same time.

"In the kitchen!" your mother chimed.  You took out your earbuds and made your way into the kitchen.

HOLY SHIET.

There sat none other than Mr. Arrogant, sipping a cup of iced tea.  You felt your throat go dry.

"This boy came to see you, he says his name is 'Key.'  Wait...have you two been dating?" your mother asked with a wiggle of her eyebrows. 

"UMMAAA!  NO!  NEVER!" you screeched.  The guy named Key looked at you cooly.

"I see, I see.  Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go replace the groceries that someone dropped.  Goodbye now!" your mother commented before leaving the house.

Great, she left me alone with this assho-

     "So, do you have my money?" Key interrupted. 

"I told you, I have no such money!" you answered, irritated.  He sighed and pulled out a familiar looking pink wallet.

"This yours?" he asked.  Your eyes widened and snatched it out of his hands.

Or at least tried to.

The jerk pulled it out of your reach just before your fingers brushed its fluffy fabric.

"Let me make a deal with you; since you don't have any money to spare, you'll work it off.  In the meantime, here's your driver's license." he bargained, tossing you your license.  You caught it and shoved it in your front pocket.

"What kind of work?" you asked.

"At my house.  In other words- my personal maid." he explained.  Your eyes grew even bigger.

"N-no!  No way!" you stuttered.  Key cocked his head to the side.

"Why?  Summer break just started, school isn't until a couple months," he said.  True.

"Anything else?" you added grimly.  He nodded and pulled out some paper from his backpack, sliding it across the table to you with a pen on top.

"A contract?" you mumbled.  Key nodded.

"Unless you somehow come up with my money, I'd sign it if I were you.  Because sueing is another option-"

"You wouldn't sue me over a pair of freaking stupid sneakers." you interrupted.  Key threw his head back and laughed douche-ly.

"Oh, I would.  My father owns Samsung, so I can do a lot of things." he challenged.

Great, this guy's father owns one of the biggest companies in Korea.

     You groaned and skimmed the annoyingly tiny print.  One line caught your eye.

"'When this is signed, I am hearby verifying I agree to work off all of my debt for Kim Kibum.  All for one hundred days.'" you read aloud.  Key nodded.  You cursed in your mind and scribbled your English name, "Alicia Vasquez."  After that, you pushed the stupid contract to Key.  He looked at your signature in confusion.

"I thought your name was Hwiyoung." he argued.

"Hwiyoung is my Korean name.  Alicia Vasquez is my actual birth name.  When I moved to Korea I changed it." you explained.  Key shrugged and shoved the document into his backpack.

"You should start packing." he added.

"Already?  Why?" you asked.

"Didn't you read the contract?  It said you'd begin working ASAP.  Which means tomorrow." Key stated.

"Slick bastard.  You know that, right?" you insulted in Spanish.  Key stared at you, bewildered.

"I'm going to pretend I never heard that.  Whatever though, I'm leaving." he mumbled, shuffling out the front door.

As soon as he left, you started shouting absurd names at him, even though you knew he couldn't hear.

     "AISH, why me?!" you yelled to no one in particular.


Hooray for my first subscriber!  Thank you~ :D

Look what I found: