Sleep Talk and Omurice

100 Days with The Daegu Diva (a.k.a Mr. Arrogant) (Kinda Permanent Hiatus)

 

     "Yah..."

A whisper interrupted your dream.  You rolled over, trying to ignore it.  Someone shook your arm, obviously attempting to wake you up.

"'Cia!" the unknown person whispered again.  Your bloodshot eyes flew open furiously.

"What?!" you hissed, your arm flying up...and smacking someone in the face. 

"OUCH!"

You sat up in worry and glanced around.  Through the dim moonlight, an obvious Jonghyun was groaning in pain and covering his nose.

"Jeez, 'Cia.  I didn't know you'd treat me like I was going to rob you or something..." he mumbled.  You crawled out of your bed and kneeled in front of him.

"Let me see," you said, moving his hand away from his nose.  Something crimson was dripping out of it.  Blood.  In panic, you yanked multiple tissues from the tissue box next to your bed.

"Pinch your nose with these." you instructed, placing them in his palm. 

     "Thanks," he said. 

"I'm sorry." you apologized.  He waved his hand in reassurance.

"It's okay.  You did warn me about disturbing your sleep." Jonghyun reasoned.  A puddle of guilt still wallowed in the pit of your stomach.

"If you don't mind me asking, how are things at home?  You must've been really bothered to have enough courage to ask to sleep in my room." you asked.  He trailed his eyes to the black bloodstained blanket benath him. 

"I'm scared, Alicia." he sighed.  You widened your eyes a little at the sound of him using your real name.  That's when you knew was real.

     "A couple nights ago, my parents got into another heated argument.  I thought it was just going to last five minutes and end like they usually did, but this time, my mother ing slapped my dad.  If I hadn't stopped them, she would've jacked up his face bad.  In all the years they've been together, they never harmed each other.  I don't blame her for doing that, though.  My dad has been cheating on her, and everyone knew it.  I have no idea why she still puts up with him, the bastard.  Even I'm ashamed to call him 'dad.'  Every day for the past five years, just fighting.  So Key said I was welcome to stay here for however long I needed on the night of that big fight.  I'm not going home.  I don't even know if I can call that place 'home' anymore."  Jonghyun explained.  You were astonished at all this, but what you were really surprised about was the fact that he was not crying.  In fact, he even laughed a little.

"You can cry in you want to, Jjong." you whispered.  He looked at you.

"Me?  I don't need to cry.  What's done is done." he stated.  You sighed and pulled him in for a hug.  A small tear plopped on your t-shirt.

"You can cry, Jjong.  Just cry."

It left you heartbroken as you felt more and more tears soak through your sleeve, and the sound of his sobbing filling your ears.

 

 

*               *              *

 

      Streams of sunlight spilled from between the vanilla-white blinds.  Your alarm clock emitted the sounds of a crazy clucking rooster, indicating that it was 7:30 and time to wake your up. 

You reached up and slapped the off button.  Quickly gazing around, you noticed that you were back in bed and Jonghyun was gone.  He even folded up the blankets on the floor before he left. 

"Screw this..." you grumbled as you shuffled to the bathroom.

 

 

     Half an hour later, you were dolled up and ready to go.

Well, not really ready to go but you know what I mean.

You hopped down the steps and padded down the hallway as quietly as possible, not wanting to run into Key along the way.  You stepped into the kitchen.

"Good morning, Miss." you greeted casually.  Caroline grinned and greeted you back.  An idea popped up in your head.  "Is it alright if I cook breakfast today?"

"Sure, dear.  It has to be enough for Kibum, Onew, Jonghyun, and then the two of us." Caroline explained.  You nodded and she left to go see what Key had in mind for chores today.

      "I hope everyone likes omurice (omelette rice)," you said to yourself as you grabbed ingredients from the fridge.  Ten eggs, milk, carrots, cucumbers, leftover cooked rice, ketchup, salt, kimchi, string beans, onions, tofu, garlic chives, and sweet red bell pepper all spread across the counter.  You washed your hands afterwards.

"I need some tunes...I guess Key wouldn't mind if I played some of my music." you pondered, whipping out your phone and tapping the beginning of your "Cooking" playlist.  The sound of Supreme Team's "그대로 있어도 돼" (Stay the Way You Are) emitted from the tiny speakers at a reasonable volume.

     A smile tugged at your lips and you went to work.   You beat the eggs and added milk and salt.  The frying pan had already heat up so you added some of the egg mixture and let it cook on medium heat.  While that was sizzling, you threw the pre-washed vegetables on the cutting board and diced them finely. 

     You flipped the omelette over to the other side with a clean flip.  In a bowl you added the two cups of cooked rice.  You seasoned it with the kimchi, mixing it with your hands.  After it turned a nice orange-red color, you added in all of the vegetables and tossed everything together with your hands again.

     Once the omelette was done, you added some of the rice mixture to the center of it and then folded the edges of the omelette around it.  You then transferred it to a pretty white plate.  For garnish and decoration, you drizzled some ketchup on the top.  Some extra vegetables were layered on the side.

(Picture not mine, all credit goes to peek-achoo on Tumblr! :D )

     You grinned at your little handiwork. 

"Boo."

"COÑO!-- Onew?!" you panicked.  The dubu grinned.  Blush crept up to your cheeks and you slapped his chest.

"Don't freaking do that!  Sweet heavens..." you panted.  Onew gazed over your shoulder.

"You made omurice?" he asked as if nothing happened.  You nodded. 

"Vegetarian omurice." you corrected.  Onew's mouth formed an "O" shape.

     "I need to make four more.  Want to help?" you added.  He grinned.

 

 

 

     "Finished!" you cheered.  Five plates of yummy-looking omurice were spread across the counter.  All done by 8:30!

"I'll go tell Key.  By the way, have you seen Jjong anywhere?  I haven't seen him at all this morning, but I know he's here." Onew spoke.  You snapped your head up.

"You can't find Jjong?" you repeated.  He shook his head.

 

 

 


Where is Jonghyunnie?  DUN  DUN DUUUUNNN!  :-) Have you guys seen my new poster shop?  I named it after a Filipino desert!  XD  "Kalamay Ube" or "Kalaymay na Ube" is a purple, sticky desert.  It's like melted taffy, and really sticky and stretchy.  So yummy!  :^D