What Happened to the Groceries?

100 Days with The Daegu Diva (a.k.a Mr. Arrogant) (Kinda Permanent Hiatus)

 

     You ran as fast as your scrawny legs could carry you.  Why must I be so short? You thought.  It was true, you were a little over 5 feet and 3 inches.  You began to see the familiar streets ahead of you.  Just two more blocks until home!  Sweat was breaking out on your face like crazy.

3...2...1-

     You burst through your front door, collapsing on the hardwood floor, panting.

"Hwiyoung, did you buy- OHMYGOSH ARE YOU BLEEDING?!" your mother cried, kneeling to your side.

You cringed and looked at her.  "It's only red pepper sauce, Umma." you assured while wiping your forehead with your hand.

"Where are the groceries?" she asked.  Oh shiet.

"Well, I tripped while carrying the stuff, and this jar of red pepper sauce burst open and spilled everywhere.  It got on this guy's shoes in front of me and he got really mad...so I ran away.  But I have some change." you explained, reaching into your back pocket for your Hello Kitty wallet.

Empty.

Must be the other one, you thought while frantically searching the opposite.

FUUUU---- IT'S NOT THERE! You mentally screamed.

     "You lost your wallet, didn't you?  Aigoo!  What am I going to do with you?" your mother complained.  You sent her an apologetic look.

"I'll go look for it now if you want!" you offered.  Your mother shook her head.

"No, you look awful.  Look at you, your legs are scraped.  Go clean up, okay?  Aigoo, just...just go to EunJi's house or something, she'll keep you and your accident-prone self out of trouble.  Now shoo, shoo!" she assured with a wave of her hand.  You sighed and got up, limping to the bathroom.


     You showered, bandaged your skinned calves/hands, and threw on some new clothes, and tossed the stained ones in the washing machine.  Stomach growling, you made a quick trip to the cupboard for some Shrimp Crackers (they're shaped like french fries and crunchy, and they taste FREAKING AMAAAZING...on with the story) and a pack of bubble gum before heading to EunJi's house.  She was one of your best friends, and also your neighbor. 

"Just let my love adorn you, baby

Don't you ever, Don't you let no one tell you different, baby

Always adore you!

You gotta know now

You gotta know na-nah-nooooww, yeah~"

     Miguel's song, "Adorn" was blastic from your iPhone.  You were singing along, as usual, because of your love for R&B/Heart & Soul songs.  Your mother always told you that you got that from your dad, who, of course, was Dominican, and a little ghetto.

You crossed the street, making your way to EunJi's house.  Once there, you rang her doorbell.

"I'M NOT INTERESTED IN ANYTHING YOU'RE SELLING!  GO AWAY!" a familiar voice yelled behind the door.  You sighed and banged your fist on it.

"It's Hwiyoung you idiot!  Open the door!" you demanded. 

"Oh, okay!" the voice called back.

"This girl is impossible...imagine if she did that to her crush on Valentine's Day?" you mumbled in Spanish.

     The door swung open revealing none other than EunJi and her tall self.  Well, tall to you.  She always seemed to be rubbing those extra inches she had grown in your face.

"Am I really that short for you to think I was a Girl Scout?" you complained, pushing her arm.  She shrugged and laughed.

"Yes, yes you are.  Now come inside, my mom made lunch if you want any." EunJi offered.  You nodded and stepped into the cool, air-conditioned house after taking off your shoes and setting them on the rack.  "Yah, why are your legs like that?" EunJi added while walking down the hallway.

"Some accident with a guy." you explained, following her.  She stopped abruptly and spun around.

"Was he cute?!" she squealed.  You sighed.

"Yes, but an utter douche.  I don't really want to talk about it." you answered, rubbing the back of your neck shyly.  EunJi groaned.

"You're no fun, but anyway, I think my mom made some Spanish dish called Arroz con Pollo (eng translation; "Rice and Chicken")," she said with horrible pronounciation of the dish.  You snickered at it, but interrupted by EunJi's mother peeking her head out of the kitchen with a phone in her hand.

     "Hwiyoung dear, your mother called, she said there was someone asking to see you back home." she called.  You crinkled your nose in confusion.

"Oh, okay.  Thank you eomonim." you replied with a bow, heading for the door.

"Come back afterwards, okay?" EunJi's mother asked.  You smiled and nodded, slipping on your stained Converse.

Who would want to see me?  Besides, Ana is on vacation in Puerto Rico, you thought to yourself before heading out the door.


Yeah, cliffhanger.  Although I'm sure you know the answer...whaa no subscribers yet.