Sleepover

100 Days with The Daegu Diva (a.k.a Mr. Arrogant) (Kinda Permanent Hiatus)

 

     "I think we're done weeding the flower beds." you stated triumphantly.

"Only if it was the other kind of weed..." Jonghyun sighed.  You slapped him upside the head.

"AIGOO!  You could die from taking one puff of that !" you scolded.  Jonghyun rubbed the place were you slapped him.

"How are you such a tiny girl with enough strength to make King Kong run home to his mama?!  Jeez!" he grumbled.  You grinned.

"My dad.  I must have inherited his strength!  Typical Dominican father, y'know?" you replied. 

"Merong!" the dino shot back, sticking out his tongue. 

"Aish, you.  We need to clean the pool next.  You gonna help me?" you asked, taking out a giant pool-filtering net.  Jonghyun nodded.

"If I don't, you're probably going to suffocate me in my sleep."

"Dude, c'mon, be real.  You really think I'd wanna kill you?"

"Sometimes I feel like you do wanna kill me a little!"

"No, just...shut up and help me clean the pool."

"Yes Umma."

"Oh gosh..."

 

*                 *                 *

 

      You ran the net across the surface of the sky blue pool water, capturing bits of twigs and insects.  It was really quite disgusting, especially when you caught a huge beetle.

"Yo 'Cia!" Jonghyun called.  You whipped your head around.  "Catch!" he added as he tossed you a bottle of pomegranate-flavored mineral water. 

"Thanks." you replied, screwing off the cap and taking in a few sips.

"Do you think we're done with the pool now?  I just finished filtering its water." Jonghyun asked.  You nodded and dumped the dirty crap from your net under a tree.

"Alright.  Imma go tell Key we finished," you said.  Jonghyun grabbed your arm.  You gave him a questioning look.

"No, tell him you finished it.  If he finds out that I've been helping you, he'll kill me...and you." he warned. 

"Oh...I never really thought about that.  So are you and the guys sleeping over again?" you asked. 

"I think I might.  Minho has basketball practice tomorrow morning so he probably won't.  Same thing with Taemin, except he needs to teach his dance students." Jonghyun answered.

"Taemin teaches a dance class?!  But he's so young..."  you replied. 

"Anyway, I'll sleep over again.  My parents never let me get any rest with all that yelling.  I dunno about Onew though, he might go home."  he explained.  You nodded and went inside the house before Jonghyun so Key wouldn't become suspicious. 

     You padded down the glossy hallway, almost silently, looking for that arrogant , I mean, arrogant diva.  You heard voices coming from the living room, so you scurried there.  You looked in and saw Onew conversing with Key.

"Sir?" interrupted quietly.  Key turned away from Onew.

"What do you want?"

"I finished everything, sir." you stated.  Rude... you thought.

"Fine.  Go to Caroline in the kitchen, she's cooking dinner." he instructed.  You bowed begrudgingly.

"Yes sir," you said before hurrying to the kitchen.

     "Miss?" you called.  Caroline looked up from the pot on the stove and smiled at you.

"Hello dear.  I've made you bibimbap." she greeted, and gestured to the medium-sized bowl sitting on the counter. 

"Thank you!" you replied graciously, and gazed into the bowl. 

A frown pulled at your lips when you saw the section of beef.

"Miss?  I'm a pesco-vegetarian (a pesco-vegetarian is someone who follows a vegetarian lifestyle but eats seafood)," you said.  Caroline took the bibimbap and carefully scooped out the beef into another bowl, along with some of the veggies that touched it.  She handed it back to you.

"I'll substitute it with fish next time." she assured.  You grinned and mixed everything together before spooning some into your mouth.  The carrots were sweet and crunchy, the mushrooms had the right amount of moisture, and the egg added a creaminess to everything.

     "Hey Tiny!" someone greeted.  You turned around and saw Onew walking over.  A smile bloomed on your face.

"Hey dubu.  Wassap?" you replied.  

"What ever happened to 'Oppa?'" he asked sadly.

"I changed my mind...I'm not calling anyone 'Oppa' until they earn it!  Ask Jjong." you smirked.  Onew scrunched his nose like a bunny.

"Unfair!  Wait...why did you call me tofu?" he added.  You stuck another spoonful of bibimbap into your mouth.

"I dunno.  That's like asking me why I secretly call Jjong 'dino.'" you answered.

"Well at least I call you a reasonable nickname!  'Tiny' suits you well because your height is like....100 centimeters!" Onew protested.  You gave him an icy look.

"Don't remind me about my height!" you snapped.  

"Merong~" he taunted.

"Keep doing that and I'll call a cat to rip your tongue out." you threatened.

 

*                   *                   *

 

       "Aigoo!  I want to go home already!" you groaned, stepping out of the shower and slipping on your pajamas.  You hastily brushed your hair before tying it in a bun and flopping on your bed.

"I wonder what's on the television," you said to yourself while flicking it on.  You scanned through the American channels and saw the Comedy Central station.

Then you saw it.

They were playing Kevin Hart!  KEVIN HART, LIKE, OMFG.

You practically slammed the 'select' button and saw the familiar comedian take over the screen.

"Ya see, my uncle was a thug.  Spent 20 years in prison.  Now, I haven't seen him in 20 of course, so on the day of his release, I went to go see him!" Kevin began.  You knew where this was going.

"When I got there, I greeted him.  But his response was: 'SAY IT WITH YO' CHEST, LIL' N*GGA!" he added.  The audience roared with laughter.

"So I said, 'Listen Uncle.  I understand you've been lonely while in jail.  Let me take you to a club, we'll have some drinks, get surrounded by women.'  And I took him to one that same night.  Now, I'm having a drink, chatting with women, havin a good time.  Outta nowhere, I can hear my uncle, but I can't see him.  All I hear is 'SAY IT WITH YO' CHEST, LIL' N*GGA!  Kevin!  Come ova' here!  This guy is being a jackass.  Pin the tail on his !'" You muffled your hysterical laughter in a pillow so Key wouldn't come into your room and you out.

    A knock on your door interrupted your ghetto comedy session.

"Come in."

Jonghyun peeped his head through the door and then entered, closing the door behind him.

"What are you watching?" he asked, sitting on the floor next to your bed.

"Kevin Hart." you replied casually.

"Can I stay here for the night?" Jonghyun added quietly.  You gave him a look of concern.  

"What's wrong?" you questioned.

"I...I don't know.  I just miss the days when I'd sleep at your house because my father would come home drunk and break things." he explained.  

You nodded and gently handed him a blanket and some pillows.

"Thanks, 'Cia." Jonghyun replied graciously.  You shook your hand.

"No problem.  But if you do anything as much as poke me in my sleep, I'll kick you so hard that you'll go blind and deaf at the same damn time." you warned.  Jonghyun smiled.

"Love you too~" he sang.