Everlasting Friendship

100 Days with The Daegu Diva (a.k.a Mr. Arrogant) (Kinda Permanent Hiatus)

 

I have changed Hwiyoung's (you) age to 20, and Key's age to 21.

BEFORE I START THIS CHAPTER:

I wanted to share some gif's with you guys.

Yeah...I thought they were funny...

 


 

     "H-huh?" Jonghyun stuttered.  His eyes grew wide.  "Alicia?"

You stood up.  "Wow...you still remember my name."

"Why would I forget my best friend's name?"

"Well, former best friend." you corrected quietly.  Jonghyun walked over and held your left hand, turning it over.  Just below your palm, on your inner wrist, was a small tattoo hidden under chunky stacking bracelets. It was of a black infinity sign, with Jonghyun's name inked in blue in the left space and your birth name inked in magenta in the right one. 

"Remember that day?" Jonghyun asked.  You smiled warmly and nodded.

 

     "It was your frehsman year of high school, and the school year was almost at an end.  It seemed like a perfect summer evening- the birds were singing, the sun cast a warm orange glow over the city, and your best friend, Jonghyun, had taken you for a stroll in the local park; which was empty except for the two of you.

'So you're really going to Seoul?  You're leaving me all alone in America?' you asked.  Jonghyun nodded sadly and squeezed your shoulders. 

'Don't be sad.  Maybe we'll see each other again in the future.' he suggested.  You sat on a nearby bench, feeling your eyes getting moist.

'I'll miss you.  That's all I can really say.' you choked.  Jonghyun sighed and wrapped his arms around your torso in a brotherly manner.

'I have an idea,' he said while tying a soft cloth around your eyes.  'It's a surprise.'

~~~

     Fifteen minutes later, Jonghyun untied the cloth from your eyes.  You gasped.

Your insane bestie had taken you to a tattoo parlor. 

Rock music was pounding from the stereo in the corner, tattoo designs were pasted on the walls, antiseptics and cleaners were stacked on shelves, and drinking alcohol was stored in a cabinet towards the back.  People were getting work done all over the place.

'You've really gone crazy, Jjong!' you hissed.  Jonghyun only laughed and pulled you up to an older boy with body art decorating his arms.  However, he seemed the age to be in college. 

'Jjong, dude!  I see you've brought her.  C'mon, sit in this chair and I'll get started!' he greeted.  Jonghyun plopped you in the leather chair his friend was gesturing to.  You were completely panicking.

'No, no!  My parents will freak!  I'm too young!' you argued.  Your best friend, however, was busy chatting with the tattoo artist.  When you glanced at his name tag, you could see that it said 'Sean Vera.' 

     'I see.  Don't worry, I'll take good care of her.' Sean assured.  Jonghyun grinned and pulled up a stool right next to you and sat on it. 

'Relax, 'Cia.  Sean will do a great job.  It's nothing big.  Trust me, I'll be getting the same one you're having done.  I'll be with you the entire time.' he soothed.  You were still spazzing.

'No!  Jjong, I know you're a great guy, but-'

'Please?' he asked.  'I've wanted to do this for a long time.'

You groaned and slapped your cheeks.  'I'm going to regret this.' you mumbled.  Jonghyun did his cheeky grin again and squeezed your right hand.

     'Alright, Alicia.  I need you to drink this.  It'll make the tattoo easier to do.' Sean explained, giving you a very small plastic cup filled with clear liquid.  Assuming it was water, you downed it quickly.  Big mistake.

'Holy !  You did not just give me alcohol!' you cursed.  Sean gave you an apologetic smile.

'Alcohol makes your blood thinner, so the needle will glide easier.  Not to mention is numbs your senses, so the pain won't be so bad.  Besides, it was only a tiny dose.  You should be able to handle it,'  he said.

'I'm fifteen.  You really think I can handle alcohol?  Ahem, no.' you protested.  Sean shrugged.

'Let's get started.' he cut in.  Then he took out a needle filled with black ink.  You nearly screamed.

'I'm here.  I'm here.' Jonghyun whispered, planting a kiss on your temple.  You shut your eyes and squeezed his hand as hard as you could when you felt the threatening tip of the needle puncture the skin of your left wrist.

~~~

     'See?  I told you it was a good idea.  Now we'll always remember our everlasting friendship.' Jonghyun chimed, pressing his right wrist next to your left one.  The tattoos were identical.  You smiled and threw your arms around his back, feeling tears cascading down your cheeks.

'You're such a dummy.  I love you for that,' you said. 

'You know I am!' he replied.  You laughed and pulled away, wiping your tears.  Jonghyun pulled something out of his shorts pocket and handed it to you.

'Hide it from your parents with these.  Okay?' he instructed.  You nodded and he placed them around your left wrist.  They were chunky, multicolored, woven stacking bracelets. 

'Let's go home,' Jonghyun said.  You felt him wrap his hand around yours as you both set off down the cracked sidewalk, enjoying the sweet quiet that was accompained by familiar city sounds."

 

     "My parents still don't know," you said.  Jonghyun undid his watch and revealed the matching artwork.

"Mine neither." he agreed. 

"I can't believe it's really you!  I've missed you so much!" you squealed, embracing him like the child you always were.

"I'm still here, and always will," he said while returning the hug.  You closed your eyes and smiled.

You'd better always be there, Kim Jonghyun.  You'd better, you thought.

 


I'm done with this chapter...finally!!  It .