Quiet Drinks

Unlucky

Sometimes Seunghyun wished that he wasn't so stupid, that he wasn't so brainless or spineless. Most days he'd wish to be someone else, someone who was more confident and knew what they wanted from life, he just never knew. Mihyun used to proclaim that one day she would become a famous international singer whilst Seunghyun never really had any dreams of his own. He never wanted to be an astronaut or someone's Knight in Shining Armour, he'd always just been and lived without needing much, if anything at all. At school Seunghyun kept it simple, his only goals were to stay awake in class and keep his grades average, he wasn't good at a particular subject and his teachers never readily praised any form of genius that he may have possessed like they so readily did with other students.

Instead he was always the kid at the back, the one who didn't say anything because their answer was probably wrong and thus he was left alone. He was never bullied though he didn't make friends easily and he didn't like to get close to people. An example of this was one time where Seunghyun became friends with this great girl, she was so lively and enthused about music, but their friendship didn't last long. Her name was Sandara and she was beautiful, so beautiful that pretty much any guy would fall at her feet but she wasn't up herself or overly rude actually she was the exact opposite. She was sweet and the two grew extremely close but one day her family just up and left for Philippines never to return, that was the kind of cut off point for Seunghyun. He decided at that moment whilst he waited for her outside the school gate in the stupid pouring rain, as clichéd as it sounded, that he didn't like people. People were fickle, never stuck around and were never really there when you needed them.

So Seunghyun became self-sufficient by completely ignoring everyone. He left school with a good set of colourful grades, much to his parent's disappointment, and immediately landed himself a job at a reputable book publishing company. Seunghyun always had a thing for the written word, when he felt as if he couldn't express his thoughts with his voice words would always be there to back him up. Written words were permanent, you couldn't rub them out once they were printed and published. Seunghyun liked to believe that he was solidifying these words, turning people's thoughts and feelings into pages, and with every book he proof read he felt a certain clarity. Well that was back when life made sense, Seunghyun knew where he stood with life and he was so close to just being, living within the confines of a comfortable yet mundane existence.

But now he found himself so far from that life, so far from his life, and he wondered if he was ever just meant to exist. If he could for just one moment be normal again, feel normal again and not feel this constant dull ache, then he could've been O.K. Looking back now though even if Seunghyun had said yes to Jinju's proposal it was inevitable that somewhere down the line they would split up, consequently forcing him to lose his job anyway. When he started to think like this he didn't feel so bad, he didn't feel so embarrassed and he started to feel as if he could actually move on. Though the thoughts of his Father returned to him, thoughts of his Mother's words and the day that she openly told her Son just how much of disappointment he was to them both clouded his mind. He didn't want to disappoint anyone, he was sick of it, he was sick of locking himself away and reserving himself from absolutely everyone in the universe. He wanted to get to know people, to find his voice again, and enjoy his existence for a change.

There was one person who was making this scarily possible, one person who seemed to make these thoughts slip through the barrier of his mouth, causing him to feel alive and he wanted more. He wanted more from life. Seunghyun tossed his phone onto the floor in a last ditch attempt to forget about it, before he threw it away though he looked at the time and noticed that it was about 4:30 in the afternoon, perhaps he should get ready now? Seunghyun peeled himself away from his bed and shuffled into the bathroom, first he would shower then he could panic.


Tonight Seunghyun was just going to try and enjoy the experience, he was going to socialise with people and have a good time. The whole ride to the little club (Yeah Seunghyun had no idea where they were going or what the place was called) consisted of Mihyun repeatedly jumping up and down, slapping her Brother's arm, then fixing her make-up. Luckily the taxi driver was their Mother who kept the conversation as minimalist as possible. He watched as the different shop and street lights tangled together, merging into a mess of rainbow neon colours, men and women were dotted along the streets all in search of a good time. It was surprising that Seunghyun couldn't wait to fall into the mess of people, to get lost in the haze of pretty lights, and hopefully forget about the phone which he couldn't leave at home, the phone sat in his only blazer pocket resting against his thudding chest.

It didn't take long for them to arrive at the supposed destination and Seunghyun was pulled from his trance when Mihyun buried one last elbow into his ribs.

“We're here!” She excitedly shouted whilst she unbuckled her seatbelt.

“Now before you go” Their Mother called from the front drawing her children's attention to her. “I want you both to be on your best behaviour and do not separate, here's some extra money and have a good time” For once she smiled at both her children, Mihyun took the money from their Mother and Seunghyun followed his Sister out of the car. The outside of the club looked nice, it was called Koko or something and the name hung from a hot pink lit sign. Mihyun grabbed his hand and they bypassed the small queue, running straight into the club, without any resistance from Security. Seunghyun didn't argue, the previous agreement of enjoying everything floated in the back of his mind, and so he glanced around the interior of the club in a strange daze. It was as if all the neon lights that he had seen on their journey here had been extinguished from the streets and focused into one small nightclub. And yes the place was small there was no room to be reserved which caused a smile to crack on Seunghyun's entranced face. Mihyun dragged him over to the bar exclaiming over the static noise from the dance floor beat and the sea of sweaty dancers.

“Well I can't see Daesung here so let’s just get drink!” She ordered two drinks, without asking Seunghyun, and when two shot glasses returned she smirked. “We might need this”

“Perhaps” Seunghyun shrugged taking one glass from the bar. “But if he is a total creep then we're leaving” He decisively remarked before extending his glass toward Mihyun.

“To the creeps of the universe” Mihyun lightly giggled with a tint of nervousness to her tone as their glasses clinked. The siblings then downed the shot in one go. They didn't order any drinks after that and instead the two merely waited, 6pm flew past and before they knew it 7pm came to greet them.

“Let's just sit down” Seunghyun interjected after watching his Sister's worrisome eyes dart back and forth over the club for far too long. At first he had been amazed by the inside of the club but as of right now he was bored, so bored that his legs had started to ache from all the standing. “There's some nice looking booths over there” This time Seunghyun grabbed his Sister's hand and led her over to a series of round booths, they looked really weird, it was like they were huge Polo sweets which had been involved in some freak scientific experiment making them ten times larger as a result. On top of that they were made out of a vast array of neon cushions, with each booth being a different colour, and white plastic combined with metal shells which actually made them look seriously comfy.

Once they got closer to the Polo’s they noticed a small round white table which seemed to float in the center and the actual booths themselves were a lot wider than what they appeared, let’s just say that two people could fit on one side. “Seriously how do people think up these things?” Seunghyun playfully nudged his Sister whose eyes were downcast and annoyed, she let out a small sarcastic laugh as if she didn't care but the hand which suddenly clutched at his said otherwise. Seunghyun led Mihyun to the booth and she sat down first reluctantly laughing at the odd angle in which you had to practically lay at just to shuffle in, then Seunghyun followed suit opposite her. “This is kind of weird isn't it?” He tried to make some form of conversation, even if Mihyun had been stood up they still could have a good time, or so he hoped. “Kinda like a bed but not, it's like they don't want you to leave” Mihyun tried to smile after the laughter had vacated her lungs but she failed miserably before bursting out with.

“Rejected by the first guy to ever ask me out” She sighed and gently kicked the table which sat in between the siblings. “I can't believe it!” The table wobbled a little and Seunghyun made a mental note about that for later.

“You look as if you need another drink” He tried to joke again, when in reality it was he who really needed another. “I'll tell you what, you stay here I'll get us another drink then we'll find you a nicer guy” He sat up and away from the Polo. “And if that doesn't work then we'll leave, stock up on a ridiculous amount of ice cream and watch whatever film you want” He already hated this Daesung guy. What sort of a jerk would stand his Sister up?

“Really?” Mihyun perked up at the small mention of ice cream and a movie.

“Yes, I'll even sit through that crappy English film you like so much...” Seunghyun rolled his eyes at the mere thought of Mihyun's favourite film. Daesung was definitely going to pay for this.

“Bridget Jones's Diary?” Mihyun grinned sitting up to meet Seunghyun's stare.

“Yes...” He sighed, he hated crappy Romcoms with a passion to him they were even worse than her beloved Dramas (which he secretly sort of enjoyed). “Even that” Seunghyun added holding out his palm “But first let's have that drink” He wiggled his fingers in the air and Mihyun searched her jacket pockets for her purse.

“There you go” She shoved a sufficient amount of money into her Brother's hands before he took off and ran as quickly as he could back over to the bar. Seunghyun squished his way in between two guys and tried to attract the attention of the Barman by clumsily waving, whilst he attempted this particularly difficult task he couldn't help but overhear the conversation coming from one guy who had his back turned to him.

“Why did you drag me here?” The guy whined like he was child or something, his friend who Seunghyun could just barely see only bashed his head against the bar in reply. “I don't even like clubs” The guy continued on and on and on and on, his high pitched voice started to annoy Seunghyun and the latter found himself just wanting to slap this guy on the back of his head and tell him to grow up. Wow, he even surprised himself with that one.

“I'm meeting a girl and she didn't show so shut the up” The whiny guy's friend replied as he lifted his head up from the bar, eyes drifting over his friend to Seunghyun who quickly pretended to be looking elsewhere. “I even got a date for your measly arse” He teased returning his gaze to the bar, phew, that was too close for comfort.

“Yeah? Well I don't want it” The whiny guy whined some more. And then some.

“But it was a guy, she's got a gay brother. I thought you'd appreciate that” The whiny guy's friend sighed “I know you've got a one track mind so I thought it would be fun to get that other guy off your mind. God I don't know why I bother...”

“I haven't got a one track mind!” The whiny guy paused then sighed himself “I'm just not interested in anyone else so shut up and stop trying to test me” Damn whiny guy grew a set of stones out of nowhere, Seunghyun was impressed. “Just get us a drink already” Whiny guy replied before Seunghyun sneakily stole the Barman from the pair.

“Excuse me!” He called out when the Barman looked in their direction. A ten thousand watt smile flashed in Seunghyun's direction.

“Yes what can I get you Sir?” The Barman playfully hid his hands behind his back, he looked like a right mischievous devil, but he was kinda attractive, kinda good looking, maybe. You know all suited up like a fancy waiter or something behind a club bar, the guy was trying too hard.

“Just something sweet” Seunghyun politely smiled an unsure reply causing the Barman to burst out laughing. He had no idea what to order seeing as it'd been a while since he last touched alcohol and he had no idea what Mihyun had ordered earlier.

“Hold your arms out then!” The Barman smirked over whilst leaning over the bar “And let me jump into them” Now it was Seunghyun who laughed but more out of surprise, cringing at how ridiculously cheesy this guy was, was the Barman flirting with him? “Oh and the name's Seungri by the way” Seunghyun took that as a yes when the Barman winked “I'm guessing yours is handsome or something along those lines?” Seunghyun laughed again, this guy was an idiot but receiving a compliment from him didn’t hurt as much as Seunghyun thought it would...

“Excuse me!” An impatient voice broke the odd flirting (?) causing both Seunghyun and the Barman to look at the voice. It was whiny guy's friend and he looked annoyed, Seunghyun could just see red death glares under the now violet streams of light. “Seungri leave the dude alone, get his drinks already and then get your behind back over here, I need a top up!”

“Hey you can't talk to people like that” Seunghyun spoke up fed up of this guy's stupid attitude, he peered over whiny guy's shoulder to get a close look at his friend. It was a bit difficult to see the guy’s features under the flashing of artificial lights but he didn't care, he wanted to know who this prat was. All he could see was a shock of blonde hair, a fringe which swept across the guy's face pretty much hiding his eyes.

“Seungri's my friend and knows that I'm joking” Blondie retorted.

“Joking or not it's still rude” Seunghyun rolled his eyes “And I wouldn't want to be a friend of yours if that's how you treat them” He shrugged turning back to face the Barman.

“Well good because I don't want you to be my friend either!” Blondie childishly replied.

“Just cool it Dae” Whiny guy finally spoke up and turned to face Seunghyun. “I'm sorry about my-”  If there was a moment in your entire life where you felt as if you had just escaped possible death then this was Seunghyun's moment. A familiar pair of eyes greeted him, still sparkling underneath the whiz of lights, amber, chestnut brown and-

“Seunghyun?!” “Jiyong?!” Both men gasped at the same time. Both just as breathless as the other.

“What are you doing here?!” Jiyong was the whiny guy, whiny guy was Jiyong, Seunghyun was about to have a heart attack. He'd just wanted to slap him.

“I could ask you the same question but I'm not going to” Seunghyun's motor mouth seemed to be in motion before his bumbling brain could catch up. “Because I'm annoyed at you” He could feel a buzzing courage from the shot of alcohol take effect, the heat of their touching bodies, Seunghyun had been stood here next to Jiyong all this time, and now fate was just taking the mick.

“That's your Seunghyun?” Blondie pitched in now causing Jiyong's cheeks to streak with crimson, even Seunghyun could see the guy's blush under the glow of the ever-changing lights and wow he still looked so-so-

“I, uh-I-Why are you annoyed at me?” Jiyong looked like a deer which was seconds away from greeting a pair of headlights, Seunghyun had never seen his eyes so wide, but still he managed to look so good. His hair was flawlessly coiffed with his normally long fringe gelled backwards making his face look so clean and fresh. Seunghyun inhaled a strong musky cologne mixed with a light vanilla, or was it cocoa, nevertheless sweet scent. His senses were overwhelmed once again.

“You never called me” Seunghyun mumbled tearing his eyes away from Jiyong and back to the guy behind the bar, how embarrassing, this guy had been flirting with him in earshot of Jiyong. “Don't worry about it, it's not as if we know each other well enough anyway. I'm busy so...” The Barman quickly nodded and improvised two pinkish cocktails, well if he wasn't embarrassed before this would definitely be the icing on the cake. He slipped a note over to the Barman and swiped the drinks “I've gotta get back to my Sister who's waiting on some idiot to show up so if you'll excuse me” He smiled at the Barman “Thank you and keep the change!” Seunghyun couldn't meet Jiyong's eyes, he had spoken the truth and said his peace plus he wasn't here for selfish reasons tonight, he was here for his Sister.

When he returned to Mihyun oddly enough Seunghyun was met by a fierce glare. Wearily he put the drinks down on the small white table and handed her the leftover notes she had given him then resumed his seat opposite her, afterwards she finally spoke.

“So I just got an interesting phone call...” Abashed and self-conscious, completely put off by the fact that he was in the same building as Jiyong, Seunghyun gulped before meeting her glare with shy eyes.

“Yeah?”

“Daesung's here” She offered a little piece of information then left it hanging in the air for a moment. “He's been here since 6 but there was a problem on the door, I told him where we are so he should be here soon. What took you so long at the bar?” Her glare softened and she smiled.

“There were a lot of people” Seunghyun hesitantly answered taking one huge gulp of his drink so that he couldn't talk. Wow that stuff was sweet whatever it was, tasted a little bit like strawberries…

“Oh O.K” Mihyun shrugged and took a sip from her glass. Seunghyun sighed, hopefully this idiot and his idiot friend would show up, he was dreading having to sit and pretend to have a good time with some girl who Mihyun had set him up with. Although that dread subsided once he thought about Jiyong, Jiyong was actually here, Seunghyun had thought about him so much over the past few days that now the guy seemed to be a mythological creature, unreachable. But then Seunghyun had stood right beside him, he could still smell him, still feel him, still see him.

It wasn't until Mihyun screamed Daesung's name and the realisation hit Seunghyun that he could actually still see Jiyong. He was stood in close proximity to the man who Mihyun currently wrapped her arms around, motionless as if he had seen a ghost, then Seunghyun's stomach free-fell from his body. Surely it couldn't be?! He remembered the snippets of Jiyong and his friend's conversation, the whole part about the girl with the gay brother, oh god... And Jiyong's friend was that idiot, that blonde idiot was Daesung. The realisation must've hit Jiyong too because he just stood there, even more rooted to the spot, mouth slightly agape. Blondie also froze too once Mihyun had dropped him from her squeeze and he just stared at Seunghyun. The latter dropped his drink and with a loud smash all eyes were suddenly on him, Seunghyun gulped, he felt as if he was about to faint.

“Are you O.K?” Mihyun laughed at her stupid brother “Babo?” She called as she multiplied into two people.

“Jiyong?” Seunghyun wheezed as his sight returned to him. He could’ve sworn that Jiyong was glowing but then assumed it had something to do with the overpowering club lights.

“Ah babo! When I spoke to Daesung this morning we thought that it would be a nice surprise for the both of you, although I wasn’t really sure that this was your Jiyong but I can see that it is, hello!” Mihyun awkwardly hugged Jiyong before both she and Daesung sat down on the Polo, O.K so the intentions of the Polo were now obvious as the pair had to pretty much sit on each other just to fit. Where in the heck was Jiyong going to sit? “Isn’t it a nice surprise?” He felt a light clip of his ear and rapidly sprang upright.

“Yeah...” Was all he could say with a slight nod. Jiyong look as if he was about to faint too and his face went unbelievably pale, an automatic trigger caused Seunghyun to get up and offer the seat to Jiyong. “It’s good to see you again” He tried to smile but nothing could provoke a response out of this beautiful statue. “Jiyong?” Seunghyun tried once more.

“Jiyong speak up you’ll offend him” Daesung offered whilst laughing with Mihyun, oh they were definitely going to milk this for all it’s worth. The bastards.

“Uh, I’m sorry, what did you-you say?” Jiyong stuttered robotically jerking his hand out to Seunghyun. “It’s nice to meet you I’m Jiyong Kwon, I work at the Supermarket, I-” Then it looked as if it had suddenly dawned on him just who exactly he was talking to and he froze again.

“The people from planet Jiyong basically say hello” Daesung teased from the smiling audience.

“You look amazing” Words escaped Seunghyun’s mouth once again though now he wasn’t even going to question it. However, he was a little disappointed when he was greeted with more silence.

“I’m going to get us all a drink” Daesung’s cough cleared the air as he stood up. “Something strong” He and Mihyun laughed again, it was gross how sweet they were being with each other. “And it’s nice to finally meet you Seunghyun” He carefully stepped his way around the pair and patted Seunghyun’s back as he passed.

I wish I could say the same to you.

Seunghyun sighed, he had to give Daesung another chance and maybe, just maybe, he wasn’t a prat. If Jiyong liked him then sure, he could grow to like him too.

“Jiyong have a seat” Seunghyun tried again and again until he was pretty much blue in the face. It wasn’t until he gently shook Jiyong’s shoulder, trying to shake him back to life, that Jiyong responded.

“I’m sorry!” He apologised again.

“It’s fine, bingu~” Seunghyun teased whilst dropping Jiyong’s shoulders from his grip. Jiyong’s eyes widened again but he spoke, he actually said something.

“I can’t believe you’re here” Jiyong breathed abruptly becoming timid and shying away from Seunghyun’s stare.

“Touché my friend, touché” Seunghyun chuckled in response to Jiyong’s new found blush. “Come on let’s sit down” He went to grab Jiyong but then for some reason decided against it, instead he waved his hand in the direction of the Polo. An awful feeling of being watched came over Seunghyun then he remembered that his trickster of a Sister was still here. “So Jiyong I think you’ve met my devil Sister Mihyun before…” He cleared his throat, the silence between them becoming torturous.

Anyhow Seunghyun didn’t really have any time to dwell on this as his eyes were preoccupied by the terribly endearing sight of Jiyong who was trying with all of his effort to climb into the Polo. Apparently such a task was too difficult for him to comprehend and he sort of hung out of it, with his legs dangling at a funny angle. “Jiyong, you have to slide into the curve not climb in head first” He moved to help but the floundering guy fell onto his back and Seunghyun instinctively reached out for him. Jiyong was now lying diagonally across the chair leaving only his feet visible, although on the plus side he was now laughing at how stupid he must’ve looked and, to give credit where it’s due, he did look pretty silly.

“Ah I think I’m stuck!” Jiyong helplessly called out to Seunghyun who had to near enough swallow his entire bottom lip in a fierce attempt to stop himself from laughing, hands falling back to their rightful place by his side. “Seunghyun help me I’m being eaten by a Polo!”

“Like I said you’re supposed to slide in not crawl” It was too late Seunghyun burst out laughing and he couldn’t stop as he leaned into the Polo and offered a hand to a rather distressed but still laughing Jiyong. “And it’s your own fault for not listening to me!” Before Jiyong could clasp onto his hand Seunghyun quickly flicked it backwards. “Next time are you going to listen to me?” Jiyong coyly smirked making that answer a sneaky no.

“Of course” His impish smirk combined with the dripping sarcasm in his voice should have caused Seunghyun to retract his hand but he didn’t, merely extending the gesture forward. Jiyong’s cold digits tightly gripped around Seunghyun’s warm hand and in one swift movement Seunghyun was able to pull Jiyong out of the Polo. Though what the pair failed to envisage was the fact that both of them fell backwards hence they were now firmly stood within dance floor territory. Seunghyun straight up panicked as someone elbowed him in the side whilst Jiyong stumbled about trying to regain his senses, all thoughts of panic ceased as Seunghyun reached over to Jiyong and pulled him close, obviously for safety reasons. They tried to side step their way out of the swarm of bodies but it was no use whenever they approached the tip of dance floor someone was already there unwilling to move, Jiyong gave in first halting in his tracks and at the same time confessing “I’m not really any good at dancing…”

“Well that makes two of us” Seunghyun grumbled plotting a means of escape. He felt a hand on his own and noticed that Jiyong still had a firm grip on him.

“Do you, erm, just want to dance for a bit?” Something had change in Jiyong, his eyes were sparkling but his expression was pleading as if all he wanted to do in this very moment was dance. Seunghyun had no idea why but he felt the same urge, he wanted to keep Jiyong close, to protect him from the barrage of wobbling pests, and even if that meant that he had to make a fool out of himself then he’d happily do it. There was something inexplicitly bewitching about the angle of Jiyong’s head and the way it was tilted, gazing up at Seunghyun as if the survival of the world depended upon his answer. Seunghyun felt important, needed and above all a little tipsy so he didn’t answer vocally instead he slid a hand around Jiyong’s free hand and lifted both of the guy’s hands to his shoulders. Jiyong’s smirk slipped into a bright smile and a little white glimmer of teeth peeked out as his hands locked together, tenderly resting in the curve of Seunghyun’s neck. Now that his hands were free Seunghyun smoothly pushed them past Jiyong’s hips and held them together in the nook of the guy’s back, once again he was surprised by how easily their bodies seemed to lock together as if it was meant to be. It felt right.

However, this is Seunghyun Choi we’re talking about and he was by no means a Michael Jackson dance machine. Actually Jiyong probably had the rhythm for the pair of them and though he was shorter he carefully led Seunghyun around in a small circle. They swayed together and after a minute or two of adjusting Seunghyun couldn’t help but love dancing that much more, even if they were just shuffling. The motion seemed to calm him whilst at the same time cause his heart to pound against his ribcage. Although he hoped that his heart wouldn’t burst seeing as how Jiyong’s head slowly inched its way closer to his chest and that in itself would’ve been a messy situation.

With a small sigh, signalling his defeat and giving in to motion, Seunghyun rested his head on Jiyong’s, effectively using the guy’s inhumanely silky hair as a welcoming pillow. Dancing felt weirdly good, being this close to someone felt good, feeling Jiyong’s light breaths sink into the creases of his blazer’s undershirt felt good, the way their bodies seemed to naturally slick together felt good, Jiyong made everything so bearable even border line pleasurable. Seunghyun was in a nightclub and he was dancing, a no easy feat by any means, also this was the first time that he had ever danced with another human being, his heart skipped at the thought. He could get used to dancing with Jiyong.

After a while Seunghyun’s brain kicked in and he worried that their bodies would melt together in a puddle of sweat so he peeled his head from Jiyong’s and asked

“Would you like to get a drink or, you know, something liquid?” He tripped on his words when Jiyong dreamily looked up at him as if he was a little confused, a small thoughtful pout caused his lips to plump up and a much needed breath was unable to escape Seunghyun.

“Sure” Jiyong’s pout thinned out into a feathery smile. The pair completely forgot about Daesung and his venture for drinks as they escaped the danger of the dance floor and made their way over to the bar. They managed to successfully escape when Seunghyun merely stepped up and pushed two girls out of the way, well what can he say? He’s an equal opportunist.

The bar was less packed than before and this time it was much easier to coax the Barman, was the guy’s name Seungri? Seunghyun could barely remember and as the guy flashed that ten thousand watt smile again he was put off by the strangers greeting.

“See you can never hook up with people when you’re working on the wrong side of the bar, it’s just an endless cycle of good looking people who hook up with each other…” The Barman’s eyes swept from Seunghyun to Jiyong. “But you two are pretty cute together, what can I get you lovebirds?”

“Er…” There was some truth to the guy’s words, you could mistake them for a couple, especially if you saw the tight hold which Jiyong had resumed on Seunghyun’s hand from earlier. Clueless Seunghyun frowned then followed the Barman’s eyes down to their held hands, it took him a minute to notice Jiyong’s grip but when he did he simply smiled.

“Could you get us two beers?” Jiyong’s voice switched to a deeper, rougher, tone.

“Of course” The Barman nodded and shuffled along the back of the bar. Seunghyun almost laughed at how different Jiyong’s voice sounded, this guy was ridiculous.

“What?” Jiyong snapped out of his daze and did that thing where he bit the corner of his lip causing Seunghyun to roll his eyes, that look was going to slowly, painfully, kill him.

“What was that?” Seunghyun pretty much had to force the words out of his mouth because he was just so shocked yet at the same time resisting the urge to laugh.

“I believe my name is Jiyong Kwon, it’s nice to meet you” Jiyong replied whilst dropping Seunghyun’s hand from his, he held this hand out as if he wanted Seunghyun to shake it.

“Hi Jiyong” Seunghyun’s cheek flushed when he spoke Jiyong’s name “My name is Seunghyun Choi” They shook hands. And Seunghyun didn’t want him to let go.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you Mr. Choi” Jiyong burst out into a defiant giggle breaking their invisible game of who can hold their laughter the longest, the Barman returned and popped the caps off the beer bottles before Jiyong paid (after an embarrassed Seunghyun admitted that his Sister had all the money). “Here’s to all the idiots in the world” Jiyong unexpectedly chimed the top of his beer bottle with Seunghyun’s then gulped down a massive mouthful of beer. This guy was still a total mystery to Seunghyun, just when he felt as if he had figured Jiyong out the guy would do something erratically different. It was kind of annoying but oddly refreshing.

“To bingus” With a slight smile Seunghyun sipped from his own bottle although he wanted to immediately spit the stuff back out, it tasted foul and its harsh taste collided with the remnants of his previous strawberry beverage still irrevocably present on his taste buds. With all forthcoming questions about his manhood aside, Seunghyun would choose a sweet drink over a foul beer any day of the given week and this left him to wonder whether Jiyong had any sense of taste. Hm, that was a bit of a pun…

“Seunghyun I want to ask you a question” The pair were now hoisted on bar stools at the furthest corner of the bar, Jiyong had just finished off his second bottle of beer meanwhile Seunghyun was wondering whether he could get away with fleeing to the restroom and pouring the foul liquid down the nearest sink, ah Jiyong would probably notice.

“Sure” Seunghyun forced himself to drink from the bottle after concluding that A) Jiyong would notice and B) That Jiyong had brought him the drink so he should just drink it and it would be rude to do otherwise. The taste of the beer quickly became the least of his problems when Jiyong asked

“You’re name is definitely Seunghyun right?” A couple of Jiyong’s words slurred together in a battle to escape his mouth.

“No it's Yang really” That sounded a lot more sarcastic than what it was supposed to. Seunghyun shrugged as he suddenly felt his phone press against the bar and into his side.

“Well that would explain why I couldn't find your number under my contacts...” Jiyong replied waving at Seungri for another drink, boy he could really put these beer bottles away. Seunghyun watched as the Barman rece more, smiled once more, and then handed over another bottle to Jiyong once more. Taken aback by the realisation that Jiyong’s side profile looked somewhat striking from the angle that he was sat at Seunghyun found himself unable to respond only able to soak in the sight.

Being with Jiyong at this current moment felt different because, Seunghyun acknowledged, the guy wasn’t dressed in his luminous red work shirt and plain black work trousers, he was dressed as himself. Jiyong had chosen to present himself a certain way and Seunghyun had done the same, they had been moulded into the prospects of meeting someone new. It felt like Seunghyun was seeing Jiyong again for the first time, meeting him all over again, although this time he didn’t feel as self-conscious and unworthy. No this time he felt as if he was meant to be here, he was meant to be sat with Jiyong and, he smirked, even fate seemed to agree with this sentiment. His eyes scanned Jiyong’s change of appearance; from his black and white checkered shirt which was buttoned up to the very top down to his smart dress jeans which were loose yet the lines of his legs were still visible. Even Jiyong’s hair was remarkably different and his shaven sides looked a lot shorter than Seunghyun remembered whilst his ears were filled with an eclectic collection of mismatched earrings, from his stool Seunghyun could just make out tiny little black spikes, hoops and other silvery shapes. And if that wasn’t enough of a feast for Seunghyun’s eyes Jiyong’s face was lightly dusted with a flattering layer of make-up, his eyes were encircled with thick of eyeliner which made the little glimmers of gold look distinctively charming whilst his lips were coated with a thin wearing layer of gloss. Although the make-up didn’t look out of place and whilst Seunghyun tried to deny that he thought another guy wearing make-up was weird, he actually found it, no found Jiyong, utterly beautiful.

Excluding his change of appearance though Jiyong still looked like the same guy, his face was still uniquely wide, his jawline was still perfectly curved and his exquisitely sculptured head was now-

“Sorry what did you say?” Stammered Seunghyun as he noticed that Jiyong’s puzzled eyes were focused entirely on him, he had to stop spacing out.

“I said I couldn’t find your number in my phone, I looked it up everywhere and there’s no Seunghyun” Jiyong suddenly spun on his barstool turning to face Seunghyun and he grabbed onto Seunghyun’s knees for leverage. It was safe to say that Jiyong was on the verge of tipping over the edge of sanity and boarding the crazy train, next stop drunk-dom.

“Ah, well about that…” Seunghyun tried to cough out his anxiousness. “I was supposed to tell you but I thought it would be a nice surprise although considering how I've never seen an iPhone before let alone used one I had no idea where to find your contacts and so I had to save it as a note I thought it would be kind of cute and you would find it and remember me and call me and-” He breathed out his explanation in one go, dammit Seunghyun! He closed his eyes and actually smacked his forehead then tried to bury said eyes permanently into his hand. If he could just have the power of invisibility, just for ten minutes or so, that would be perfect.

“So” Jiyong’s lips plumped up again into an ‘o’ shape luckily Seunghyun couldn’t see much out of the cracks between his fingers and slowly he opened his eyes to the sight, still keeping his pulsing hand in place. “You were annoyed at me…” Ah even bigger dammit! He remembered their bar conversation. “For not calling you…” Jiyong was now the one to clear his throat. “When you saved your number somewhere else in my phone and didn’t bother to tell me” Seunghyun gulped, the apprehension at what Jiyong was about to say next caused his stomach to take up gymnastics. He forced his hand away from his eyes and he was scarily surprised by the look of strained anger which Jiyong was currently sending in Seunghyun’s direction. Uh oh…

“I guess saying sorry is a little too late…” Seunghyun winced whilst slowly lowering his hands underneath the barstool and gripping the sides tightly. Jiyong took a minute to think as his head started to sway from side to side, mental note to Seunghyun: no more drinks for Jiyong.

“Are you from the Stone Age?” Came Jiyong’s rather snappy reply. That was a bit harsh, all things considered. Seunghyun went to say something but was cut off so instead he glanced down at Jiyong’s hands which were still on his knees.

“You should have just asked” Came the second more sympathetic reply as Jiyong’s voice softened into a tone of regret. His hands gently slipped and cupped Seunghyun’s knees.

“I've spent all week worrying that you only pretended to give me your number because you didn't actually like me!”

“Of course I like you!” Seunghyun snapped back, finally wanting to get a word in but not expecting those words to be it.

And a round of applause Ladies and Gentlemen for the man who tonight deservedly wins the award for world's greatest idiot, thank you and thank you. Seunghyun shrank in his seat taking a much needed sip from his beer, whilst wishing again to be in possession of the ability to turn invisible.

“What?!” Jiyong breathlessly gasped for air. “You like me?” The sight which met Seunghyun stilled his quivering heartbeat. Jiyong rather shakily slipped his hands from Seunghyun’s knees causing Seunghyun's eyes to return to Jiyong’s face and wow, if he thought that he had seen Jiyong smile before he was completely wrong. This smile was so bright but it was fractured by a look of piercing sadness which seemed to tug at Seunghyun’s insides. Jiyong seemed to be an oxymoron personified, just from judging the amount of extremes which appeared to harmoniously coexist within the guy left Seunghyun’s head buzzing.

“Sure, I mean yeah, as much as anyone can like another person…” Seunghyun mumbled withdrawing his gaze from Jiyong’s and dozily glancing around the club.

“Oh...” A bubble of expectant hope which seemed to be brewing within Jiyong seemed to burst with one low sigh. Seunghyun felt like such a jerk and he didn't even make any sense, well not in his own head anyway. Jiyong turned away from him and waved at Seungri again.

“No!” Seunghyun sprang into action and grabbed Jiyong’s waving hand “Me and you let’s go” He pulled a rather stunned Jiyong from his barstool and dragged him around the dance floor, back to his Sister and Daesung. Perhaps Daesung could warn Jiyong off the alcohol? For some reason it was imperative that Jiyong had the ability to remember tonight, even if Seunghyun didn’t particularly want to.

They made their way back over the Polo when Seunghyun’s feet grinded to a halt, he wanted to be sick. Without getting into too many wonderful details Mihyun and Daesung were currently glued to each other in intimate ways usually reserved for the privacy of a bedroom. His first instinct was to grab Daesung and punch him into oblivion however he had to give the guy the benefit of the doubt when he remembered that it takes two to tango. Why oh why did the universe hate him so much? First Jiyong and now this…