Evening Adoration

Unlucky

Seunghyun couldn’t breathe, his heart threatened to burst from its skin and bone cage, and he clutched onto Jiyong’s hand as if his life depended on it. They were back at Jiyong’s apartment but it was completely spotless, the furniture was no longer there and the lights were out. The only thing that shed any kind of light into the room was a wall of twinkling lights, when the lights ended there was nothing but brightly coloured pillows, duvets and fluffy blankets stacked against the wall. Seunghyun was stunned, how, why, where –

“Do you like it?” Jiyong’s timid voice softly echoed around Seunghyun’s head which was currently on holiday in the clouds.

“How did you-?” Seunghyun was about to finish his question when Jiyong cut in over him.

“Well I know this is embarrassing” Jiyong coughed even if he didn’t need to. “But I wanted to make it up to you, well no, I wanted to show you just how much you mean to me. So I thought about when you first opened up to me, when we were sat on the roof, do you remember?” Seunghyun immediately nodded

“How could I forget?” He answered with a weak smile. Jiyong let out a little puff of nervous laughter before he continued.

“I wanted to do that again but this time I want to, well, I want to open up to you” An unsteady hand nimbly threaded through Seunghyun’s and Jiyong tugged him towards the mesh of pillows. “Although I realised that I couldn’t do that without the help of my friends” Their hands slipped apart and Jiyong stood just in front facing Seunghyun, the way the lights glimmered behind Jiyong made him look undeniably angelic. “Bae, Dae and Mihyun, they all helped me do this for you and I know what I did was wrong”

“Jiyong” Seunghyun sighed, his emotions were ready to boil over at the sound of Jiyong’s desperation.

“No let me finish Seunghyun, please” Jiyong sighed too. “I was an idiot and I just threw away everything I worked so hard to get, I’ll never forgive myself for shutting you out. I was prepared to let the best thing that has ever happened to me just walk out of my life because I wanted to make my parents happy” Seunghyun swallowed hard. “I can never make them happy because I refuse to change for them at the cost of my own happiness. So they might not love me, who cares? I’m done caring about them and their stupid little boxes. You love me so unconditionally, I was so surprised by you and I wasn’t expecting to fall in love. I was so not used to people loving me like you love me, not even in the romantic sense of the word, you just treat me with so much respect and loyalty, I just” Jiyong paused and that’s when Seunghyun realised that they were both crying.

“You mean the world to me Seunghyun and I love you so much. I want to give you my entire heart because it’s always been yours” Jiyong turned away and picked something up from the floor. “It’s always been you” He carefully slipped the box into Seunghyun’s hands.

“What’s this?” Seunghyun croaked, barely able to talk.

“Just open it” Jiyong’s beautiful smile was so bright it virtually lit up the dark room. Seunghyun opened the box, trying to keep it steady in his shaking hands, and once the lid was removed he choked even more. Inside the black box was a little glass heart, beautifully smoothed and polished, though it wasn’t your typical glass. Seunghyun lifted the heavy heart out of the box by the white ribbon which had been threaded through the top of the heart and tied to form a loop. He held it up to the lights and examined how it sparkled with quite possibly every single colour of the rainbow.

It was one of the most beautiful things that Seunghyun had ever laid his eyes on. He looked closer and noticed that the glass was made up of what looked like shattered specks, the different splints of colour came together in the middle and that was it. Seunghyun cried so hard he thought he was going to flood the entirety of South Korea. The glass formed a small square, about the width and height of your little finger, and inside the square was a picture of Seunghyun and Jiyong. He’d totally forgotten about that picture.

 


 

“Seunghyun!” Jiyong whined adjusting his panda hat for what must’ve been the tenth time.

“What?!” Seunghyun huffed, the atmosphere of this shop was completely rubbing him up the wrong way. He hated the clothes, he hated the stupid hippy like shopping assistant who greeted his customers with “Peace to the world” and he definitely hated that t-shirt which Jiyong was holding up to him.

“You’re not even trying!” Jiyong continued to whine throwing the t-shirt back onto the pile. “You need to stop dressing like some hard-core metal lover and at least own some brighter shades of clothing” He picked up another t-shirt and shoved it at Seunghyun.

“Look, I like my clothes, I like the colours and it’s comfortable. Now I don’t like being dragged around shop after shop and I especially hate that colour” Seunghyun shoved the sickly looking green t-shirt from Jiyong’s hands and back onto its shelf hoping it’ll stay there forever.

“Fine” Jiyong gave up and waved his hands in the air for extra emphasis. “We’ll leave this shop for the next if you at least try one thing on”

“Fine” Seunghyun retorted through gritted teeth. As of right now he’d do anything to leave this stupid shop. 

 

Seunghyun let out a massive groan.

“Is it any good?” Jiyong called from the other side of the blue curtain.

“I think you’re taking the mick” Seunghyun grumbled as he adjusted the black skin tight t-shirt which had some sort of multi-coloured graphic print slashed diagonally across his chest. He looked as if he was some sort of mad motorcycle enthusiast, especially when you saw the t-shirt with the tight black trousers which had some sort of strange leopard print pattern on them and studs, you can’t forget the studs, of course the studs were on his behind and down the zipper – in the most inconvenient places ever.

“What?” A defeated sigh made itself painfully obvious as Jiyong tore back the curtain.

“Hey what are you?!” Seunghyun tried to cover himself up with his arms but it was no use, Jiyong shut the curtain behind him, oh how considerate, and threw Seunghyun’s arms out of the way.

“You look amazing and you actually have a pretty nice body underneath that baggy exterior” Jiyong teased as he poked and prodded in places he probably shouldn’t. “Now you just need…” Jiyong left the changing room again and called to the hippy shop assistant.

“Ah dammit!” Seunghyun growled, wishing that the floor would swallow him whole.

“It needs a jacket” The long haired hippy poked his head in the changing room and Seunghyun just froze, like a deer in headlights.

“You think?” Jiyong’s head popped in from the other side of the curtain.

“This isn’t a freaking zoo!” Seunghyun shouted looking from one man to the other, though it was pretty pointless because it wasn’t as if he could storm off or anything. That thought made him even more frustrated.

“Yeah, I’ve got just the one” The hippy and Jiyong ignored him then disappeared again. What felt like a second later the pair returned and the blue changing room curtain was pulled opened for the rest of the (empty) shop to see. The hippy threw a jacket in Jiyong’s direction and the latter caught it, quickly shoving it on the too-tired-to-protest man’s body. Seunghyun merely exhaled his frustration out into the open whilst Jiyong tried to stuff him into the leather jacket like he was a misbehaving sleeping bag or something.

“Hey watch what your-”

“There” Jiyong beamed as he took a few steps back. He nudged the hippy with his elbow and the guy looked up at Seunghyun. “What do you think?”

“Wonderful!” The hippy replied with such a posh accent that Seunghyun nearly had a heart attack. Although Seunghyun couldn’t do much else, he could barely move in this blasted thing and his arms stuck out awkwardly at his sides.

“Could you do me a favour?” Jiyong had that mischievous grin on his face which made Seunghyun instantly worry. “Do you mind taking a picture of me with this rock star?”

“Sure” The hippy laughed as Jiyong handed him the disposable camera.

“No!” Seunghyun tried to shift away but there was no way that he could escape, he waddled on the spot like a penguin before giving up yet again.

“Aww come on~” Jiyong stood beside Seunghyun and put a surprisingly strong arm along the panicking man’s waist.

“Fine!” Seunghyun huffed. The hippy was just about to take the photo when Jiyong did the cheesiest thing ever, he reached up and kissed Seunghyun making the taller of the two blush so bad he was sure he’d never want to see that photo ever again. Once the hippy had taken the photo and handed back the camera to Jiyong he left them to it, politely closing the curtain behind him.

“What was that for?!” Seunghyun continued to grumble even though he felt ridiculously light headed and giddy.

“That was my revenge from when you left me in the last store and then scared the living daylights out of me” Jiyong simply replied with a shrug.

Damn you Jiyong Kwon, damn you…

 


 

Returning back to the present day, the picture could only bring a fond smile to Seunghyun’s face at the embarrassing memory. He was amazed, in love, yet at the same time upset and unsure of what to do with himself in the silence. Although before he could worry too much Jiyong continued to speak

“I made that myself” The sound of Jiyong’s beautifully frail voice broke their sniffling silence. “When I left the college I kept in touch with a professor there and towards the end of that month, when I was away from you, I went back to pay her a visit” Jiyong sat down on some of the pillows and motioned for Seunghyun to do the same, once he was next to Jiyong Seunghyun placed the black box beside him. “I spent a couple of days there and she taught me how to do this”

“Ji” Seunghyun breathed heavily, his voice lower than a whisper.

“She’s a glass and ceramics artist but she’s really good at photography too. Sometimes she used to help us sort out our work and stuff” Jiyong continued as Seunghyun looked from the glass heart back to Jiyong. “I told her some brief things about how stupid I am and she said she wanted to teach me something” This time Jiyong looked away from Seunghyun and started to nervously pick at his fingernails.

“So she taught me the basics of glass blowing and how you can manipulate it into whatever shape you want. We added different coloured dyes to it - I was fascinated, so she asked me if I’d personally like to make one. It was nice, you know, just doing something and not thinking about it too much. I didn’t want to make something for you but I just did it, and I ended up making a heart shaped one, of all things. Whilst we worked she explained to me that back when glass blowing was completely hand made the blowers would use the leftover glass and make friendship hearts for their closest friends. She said they represented adoration and loyalty. All the things that I love about you” Jiyong glanced back up at Seunghyun who had been watching him the whole time. “I want you to know Seunghyun that no matter what happens, I’ll always be thankful for you. I’ll be thankful that we found each other and I’ll be thankful for your love. I missed you so much”

Seunghyun thoughtfully placed the glass heart back into its box and stood up, soundlessly taking the box over to the kitchen counter to keep it out of harm’s way. Once he was sat back down, beside Jiyong, Seunghyun scooped the smaller man up and into his arms.

“Thank you for opening up to me” He sensitively replied giving Jiyong a gentle squeeze. The smaller man just seemed to melt into his arms

“That’s not all I want to say” Jiyong slid over one of Seunghyun’s legs and sat so that he was now laying on Seunghyun’s chest, with the taller man leaning against some soft pillows. Seunghyun looked down at the satiny chestnut bob below him and simply rested his chin there. He held Jiyong as close as he could, afraid that maybe this was all too good to be true and maybe he’d wake up now. A deep sigh let him know that this wasn’t a dream, this was real and it was mind-blowing. “I just turned nineteen when it started” Jiyong choked causing Seunghyun to wrap his arms tighter around the tiny wonderful man below him.

“Dami had moved to Australia a year or two before that, and when she moved my parents just changed, not that it’s her fault, but I always felt like they had to take their frustration of her leaving out on me. My Father was the worst, he, well I always wanted to be a photographer and I started to work at the supermarket because I wanted to earn enough money so that I could afford a camera. Anyway, I saved up and brought myself a decent one then I enlisted with a local college for a short course in photography, about halfway through the course my Father kicks up a stink” Jiyong sighed again as Seunghyun tilted his head sideways, intently listening.

“He starts to get, well, angry and one day I showed him and my Mother some photographs I’d produced on the course. He took them off me and ripped them up right in my face, he said it was useless, a careless dream, something which was corrupting me. Apparently my photos were too shocking, he said that they disturbed him, so he forced me to quit the course just as I was about to qualify – I never did graduate” The sentence hung in the air for a strange yet comfortable moment before Jiyong continued.

“I tried fighting with him, telling him that it was something that I loved doing, but he wasn’t having any of it. I was so angry so I yelled at him, I told him how stupid and ignorant he was being, I said that no matter what I do I’ll always be a huge disappointment and he agreed. Can you believe that? He said that I was disgusting, a waste of time and space. I didn’t know what to do so I flipped, I shouted at him until I had nothing left to say and just when I thought that it couldn’t get any worse, well, it did” Then came a long, far more tense, silence.

“What happened next Ji?” Seunghyun despised Jiyong’s parents, he didn’t care if that sounded too harsh, they were pathetic and he never wanted to see them ever again. Jiyong could do so much better than them.

“I came back from the college one day and he just grabbed me, dragged me into the living room where my Mother was sat and he-” Jiyong sharply inhaled some air. “He just slapped me. He ripped my camera from me and stood on it. There was this guy, my first boyfriend, and” He seemed to cringe a little at the memory “It was Bae and I never told Bae this but my Father saw us together, we were just messing around kissing and doing stupid stuff which never really meant anything but he saw. He told me what he saw and asked me if I was ill, I didn’t know what to do so I said nothing. Well that just made him angrier and he just hit me, again and again and again. When he gave up he simply said that I was effectively dead to them and everyone who knew me, he also said that he wanted to me to earn my life because I was too comfortable living in their house. Apparently my lifestyle choices were slipping and that seemed to show just how ungrateful I was. He dragged me from the house and left me on the street” Jiyong gently pried Seunghyun’s arms from around his body and turned around to face Seunghyun, propping his legs either side of the taller man’s waist.

“So I near enough begged Bae to let me live here, even though we weren’t together anymore because we were better as friends, I needed somewhere to live. Luckily he let me and I moved in here. I was fine, I wasn’t told anything about Dami coming back so I just assumed that she was better off without me, just like everyone else” A painful gulp from Jiyong filled the silence. “The months rolled on and I started to forgive my parents, I just missed them so much and after a while I started to agree with everything they told me. I stopped myself from being attracted to guys and I kept to myself, I focused on working at the supermarket and, well, I, I met you and you ruined everything” Jiyong smiled at his use of the word “ruined”. “I couldn’t stop feeling things for you and I hoped that I could prove to them that I had earned the right to be in love with you, but, but when they disapproved, when my Father saw us, I just- I panicked so I pushed you away”

Seunghyun was crying again. He told himself that he wouldn’t but he just couldn’t believe how inhumane and terrible Jiyong’s parents were. He was trying his best to understand their motives though there was just no sense in it at all, it was insane.

“I need you Seunghyun because I can’t live like this anymore” And that was it, Jiyong’s voice cracked compelling Seunghyun to reach out and hold him. Seunghyun lifted Jiyong’s legs closer, wrapping his legs around him, and the smaller man scooted into the embrace.

“I’m so sorry that you had to go through that” Seunghyun tried to say through a downpour of tears. “But I promise you, you are loved, and I will do anything to keep you safe and protected. You don’t have to do anything on your own anymore” Jiyong let out a choked sob and his head fell against Seunghyun’s chest. “You’re amazing and wonderful and beautiful and you deserve so much more than their foul treatment” Seunghyun breathed in that heavenly vanilla smell which he had come to know as Jiyong’s lovely scent and he held his boyfriend with all the love and care that could he muster, just to have him this close but open to telling Seunghyun everything, the feeling was so bittersweet. The dull ache which Seunghyun normally felt in his chest when he was around Jiyong at present felt lower, deeper and buried somewhere within the cavity of his abdomen as if someone was twisting something painfully sharp into him. To hear Jiyong honestly pour his heart out into the silence of the dimmed apartment, it shattered Seunghyun’s composure.

“I” Jiyong tried to speak through hiccups as his cries faded, he leaned away from Seunghyun and searched for his eyes. “I love you Seunghyun”

“I love you too Jiyong” Seunghyun earnestly smiled, tenderly raising a hand to Jiyong’s cheek and brushing away a few stray tears. “Look at us crying on a date” Seunghyun joked making Jiyong chuckle softly at the thought. “If this is how you act on a first date then I don’t think I’ll call you for another” They both laughed at this though it quickly fell into one sincere smile shared between both men.

“It’s O.K” Jiyong sighed and leaned his head into Seunghyun’s hand. “I only date rock stars, not people like you who are just obsessed groupies” Seunghyun laughed again and pinched Jiyong’s cheek in retaliation.

“Well at least you have high standards” Seunghyun slanted forward, angling his head so that he was closer to Jiyong’s. “I prefer to pick my partners up from the local supermarket” A happy grin broke out on Jiyong’s previously pouting lips and he brought a soft hand up to cup Seunghyun’s which was still holding his cheek. “So I guess my standards are much lower than yours”

“Oh I don’t know…” Jiyong tilted his head back into an upwards position and drew his head even closer to Seunghyun’s. “I’m positive that you can pick up a rock star from the supermarket, unless that’s just me” The delicate laugh tickled at Seunghyun’s nose as Jiyong’s hand moved from Seunghyun’s to his cheek.

“Just you” Seunghyun breathed before he couldn’t contain himself any longer and kissed Jiyong.

They fell, tumbling onto the soft cushions behind as they continued to kiss, Jiyong rolled sideways and took Seunghyun’s face with him. The latter just followed and coiled onto his side, his hands pressed along Jiyong’s ribs not knowing exactly what they were supposed to be doing whilst his legs just naturally wrapped themselves amongst Jiyong’s. That slow pace of their previous kiss returned and the two enjoyed every single millisecond that their lips shared.

Somehow Jiyong had taken over the kiss, the movement of his lips dictating the response from his partner, and Seunghyun only pulled him closer enjoying the fact that it felt as if Jiyong was completely confident in what he was doing. For some reason Jiyong seemed to be more carefree and the hands which were affectionately holding Seunghyun’s face in place let the latter know that he had nothing to fear. So Seunghyun relaxed into the touch and after a few minutes of finding a balance between kissing and breathing, the hand, which wasn’t sandwiched between Jiyong’s neck and shoulder, started to wander. Without fully comprehending what was happening Seunghyun loosened his grip on Jiyong’s side and the pads of skin slowly made their way along Jiyong’s arm. Whilst his other hand bent back on itself and explored the silk-lined parting of Jiyong’s hair. Seunghyun gasped when he felt one of Jiyong’s slightly cold hands slip from his face, down his neck, to finally rest on his panting chest. The feeling was beautiful but bewildering, that warmth which was nearly always contained in Seunghyun’s chest seemed to drench the remainder of his body and he could feel it just pleasantly prickle his skin.

Seunghyun was alive but at the same time he was sure that he was slowly dying, this heated feeling that was utter perfection couldn’t possibly be real. Although Seunghyun had never felt like this in a dream before and suddenly a thought popped into his head, he quickly became aware of what this feeling was and it struck him like a revolving door. He felt loved. This heated feeling was love. The feeling of wanting to kiss Jiyong more was love. Wanting to keep this beautiful man so close and by his side permanently, that was love. All these feelings which made him feel unbelievably dizzy, well, it had been love all along.

And it was this love which would keep him going. Keep him living and most of all happy, it was such a heavy realisation. Sure he knew that he was in love with Jiyong, he knew that he wanted to be more than Jiyong’s friend, but he realised that he was loved, he felt it. Seunghyun wanted to be Jiyong’s one and only love. A lover. Someone who was more than just physical presence, he wanted to be connected to Jiyong in ways which no one else could, the way couples in love were. Seunghyun wanted to provoke feelings within Jiyong, to have inside jokes and secret stares which only meant things to them.

He also found himself wanting to do simple things with Jiyong, like grocery shopping or snuggling up in front of the television after a tiring day. Seunghyun craved all those normal couple moments which they had missed out on. He’d missed out on all the little things like whether Jiyong ever ate breakfast, if he drank tea in the morning whilst he was still half-asleep, what his bed hair looked like, or if he had any annoying habits like leaving the tap on as he brushed his teeth, jogging his leg up and down when was nervous about something. He wanted to do and know all those stupid little things that “regular” couples took for granted.

Pulling away from Jiyong’s kiss Seunghyun breathed deeply before asking in the spur of the moment

“Move out with me?” Well he didn’t exactly ask, it sounded like a blurted order but he didn’t care. It felt right.

“What?!” Jiyong panted, still trying to catch his breath back from their kiss.

“Move out with me” Seunghyun repeated. “Let’s be a hundred per cent official”

“It’s a bit soon for that, don’t you think?” Jiyong stammered sitting up and glancing around the room. “Plus I don’t have any money, I haven’t got a job and I-”

“I don’t care, of course we’re not going to move out right away because I have to save but I just thought - well maybe we could…” Seunghyun trailed off as he sat up and untangled himself from Jiyong. “I’m sorry I just, it was just in the heat of the moment, I shouldn’t have said-”

“Yes” Jiyong grabbed Seunghyun’s hands and held them tightly. “Yes I’ll move out with you!”

“Really?!” Seunghyun gasped for air.

“Yes!” Jiyong dropped their held hands and the pair automatically hugged each other. “I want nothing more than to have a future with you” Seunghyun felt something wet on his cheek as he hugged Jiyong, when they pulled back he saw that Jiyong was the source of the tears.

“Why are you crying for?” Seunghyun smiled full well knowing the answer, from experience.

“Because I’m happy, you make me so happy, I just” Jiyong stammered over his tears as a contradictory smile highlighted his gorgeous features. “And on a first date as well” Jiyong’s joke broke the serious atmosphere and they laughed. Seunghyun wiped his eyes on his shirt sleeve and asked

“So is this what you had planned?” He modestly smiled then cleared his throat.

“No” Jiyong wiped his watery eyes on his hands. “I only planned to bring you here, give you my glass heart and order some crappy takeout” He laughed with a breath of air relieving the obvious tension in his chest.

“Well we’ve done two out three things” Seunghyun shifted a little so that he could stretch his legs out. “I don’t know about you but I’m starving” He casually replied as he leant back on the pillows. The barrier of duvets beneath Seunghyun probably made the position far more comfortable than what it should’ve been but it didn’t matter, well as long as he didn’t prematurely fall asleep.

“I’m not really that hungry” Jiyong hilariously lied as his stomach grumbled, Seunghyun rested his head on his folded arms and suspiciously glanced upwards at his now red faced boyfriend.

“Sure you aren’t and I’m the Queen of England” Seunghyun rolled his eyes as he chuckled.

“O.K. Well what would her Majesty like to eat?” Jiyong moved so that he was leaning over Seunghyun again, his hands holding him up just below Seunghyun’s underarms.

“Food would be preferable” Seunghyun unfolded his arms and reached up for Jiyong’s cute little ears. “But seeing as we don’t have any food” He gently tugged Jiyong’s head lower and closer. “One must make use of what is available” Seunghyun said in the most formal high-pitched voice that Jiyong had ever heard. He laughed at just how ridiculous Seunghyun sounded. “Like you” Seunghyun continued on although this time he spoke in the poorest English accent that Jiyong had ever had the misfortune of hearing (And his broken English didn’t sound anything like the original language, he sounded kind of drunk). Jiyong’s laughter only deepened at this thought.

“I’ll get a menu” Jiyong tried to escape but Seunghyun wasn’t having any of it, however his stomach had other ideas and he ended up just having to give Jiyong a light peck on the lips before the other was able to pull away. Seunghyun cursed at his stomach as it rather loudly (and embarrassingly) bubbled, he to his side and watched as Jiyong shuffled off into the kitchen area. He grinned as that beautiful warmth exploded from his chest.

 


 

A waft of sweet foreign aroma’s filled Seunghyun’s senses as he opened his eyes, he yawned and stretched a little, turning to sit back up and look around for Jiyong. Well he wasn’t here, Seunghyun shrugged and struggled to get to his feet seeing as his only option was to follow the smell. So follow the smell he did. He made his way over to the kitchen area where there was a small lamp which lit up a sufficient amount of space leaving Seunghyun to wonder how he hadn’t seen it earlier. He approached the kitchen counter and noticed that Jiyong was stood with his back to the counter, facing the other counter which was next to the sink, peeking into some small cardboard boxes. A smirk spread on Seunghyun’s face as he stealthily crept around the counter island and behind Jiyong, he made sure that the other wasn’t holding any food then lazily slipped his arms around his boyfriend’s waist and held him close.

“I see you’re awake” Jiyong smiled and turned to kiss Seunghyun’s nearest cheek.

“Guilty as charged” Seunghyun slowly replied, sleep still evident in his coarse voice.

“Well I hope you don’t mind but I ordered for us, it was pretty simple really because the Chinese had set meals for two” Both men grinned at the thought of ordering a meal for two.

“I don’t mind at all” Seunghyun airily replied trying to sneak a peek at the food.

“Come on then, back to our pillow den” Jiyong ordered poking at Seunghyun’s hands which were clasped together just below Jiyong’s stomach.

“O.K” Seunghyun answered still not removing his hands, Jiyong giggled as he popped the cardboard boxes back into the plastic bag which he was holding and tried to shuffle his way back into the living area.

“You know it’s nearly impossible to walk with you holding me like this” Jiyong tried to sound annoyed by what Seunghyun was doing but he just couldn’t. “You’re impossible” He sighed in defeat.

“I’m impossibly cute~” Seunghyun tried smiling over the top of Jiyong’s shoulder and that was it Jiyong caved.

“Sure you are” He laughed as he forced Seunghyun’s hands apart and sat down. The taller of the two soon languidly followed and he perked up a bit as Jiyong handed him a little box of greasy goodness. After Jiyong had unpacked the rest of the bag, laid out snacks like pawn crackers and spring rolls, he handed Seunghyun some cheap chopsticks which according to him “came free for long standing customers which I blame Daesung for because I hardly ever eat this stuff” and they ate.

Seunghyun and Jiyong’s orders were exactly the same, both Chicken Chow Mein, and despite that fact Seunghyun still asked the stupid question of

“Is yours nice?” Jiyong looked at him as if he was contemplating whether he’d heard Seunghyun properly.

“It’s the same as yours” Jiyong answered with a polite smile.

“Doesn’t mean that you’re enjoying it” Seunghyun countered peeking into Jiyong’s box.

“Well I am” Jiyong quickly replied playfully tilting his box away from Seunghyun.

“Hey you’ve got way more chicken than me!” Seunghyun pointed out still trying to nosey a sneaky look into the cardboard. “That’s not fair” He huffed returning grudgingly back to his own box which seemed to be filled with nothing but a ton of vegetables and noodles. He sighed. Although a head rested against his shoulder and said

“Life isn’t fair Hyunnie” Jiyong sat back up and Seunghyun yearningly stared after him.

“Just rub it in why don’t you?” He huffed again as Jiyong aggravatingly held a piece of chicken up for Seunghyun to see.

“It’s not the best chicken in the world” Jiyong said out of pure pity watching Seunghyun attempting to give his boyfriend his best puppy eyes and pout. “Aww~” Jiyong cooed before slipping the chicken into his own mouth.

“B*stard!” Seunghyun grumbled as he resumed eating the contents of his own box. Jiyong’s soft laughter quickly filled the room although in the end it boiled down to this

“Hyunnie~” Jiyong sang as Seunghyun grumpily looked down into his now empty box.

“Wha-!” Seunghyun turned to face Jiyong but when he did a piece of chicken abruptly invaded his mouth. Jiyong continued to laugh as pulled his chopsticks back and watched as Seunghyun happily munched away, a big goofy smile answered Jiyong’s piteous gaze.

 


 

Once the food had been completely finished and thrown away the two returned to the floor and took it in turns to pour themselves a glass of fizzy substance from the apparently free bottle that they had also received with their meals. A comfortable silence filled the room and once the glasses and bottle were out of the way the pair returned to their previous positions of half laying-half sitting in amongst the bundles of pillows and blankets. Although this time Jiyong grabbed a yellow SpongeBob blanket which had been rolled up by their feet and carefully placed it over them. Seunghyun was slightly higher than Jiyong, leaning over him with one arm leisurely resting along Jiyong’s shoulders whilst the other hand rested against the fluffy duvet floor. Jiyong was sat beside him and he had Daesung’s laptop balanced on his knees

“Dae said that he’s got a few movies on here that we could watch, considering that we don’t have a television or anything” Jiyong explained as he searched through Daesung’s neatly (and maybe over organised) computer folders.

“Sounds awesome” Seunghyun idly replied, stomach full and mind utterly content.

“Hmm” Jiyong mumbled to himself as he searched. “How do you feel about watching Spiderman?”

“Sure” Seunghyun wasn’t really paying attention and he realised that his full stomach was starting to make him feel rather drowsy.

“Great” Jiyong double clicked the file and just like magic the film started to play. Seunghyun removed his arm from Jiyong’s shoulders, shuffling down slightly underneath the blanket so that he could rest his head on Jiyong shoulder to see the film, well that was his excuse.

Soon a small hand lightly weaved its way onto Seunghyun’s shoulder. Unfortunately the position was too comfortable and, just as the opening credits rolled, Seunghyun fell asleep. A tiring day at work combined with a rollercoaster of emotions finally caught up with him and just before he fell asleep Seunghyun felt the side of Jiyong’s head nestle on the top of his own.

“I’ve had a fantastic date” Jiyong softly whispered, thinking that Seunghyun had already fallen asleep. That night Seunghyun slept with a stupidly big smile on his happy face.

 


 

I need you right here, by my side,
You're everything I'm not in my life.
We're indestructible, we are untouchable,
Nothing can take us down tonight,
You are so beautiful, it should be criminal
That you could be mine.


No matter what, I got your back,
I'll take a bullet for you if it comes to that,
I swear to God that in the bitter end
We're gonna be the last ones standing.
We'll never fall, we'll never fade,
I'll promise you forever and my soul today,
No matter what until the bitter end,
We're gonna be the last ones standing.

- Papa Roach’s No Matter What.

 


 

Below is an example of a blown glass heart. I brought myself one a while back after watching one being made whilst I was on holiday. They're rather beautiful and the story Ji tells about them is completely true. You just have to imagine one like this except theirs has a picture of them in the middle, which could also be possible.