Perfect Day

Unlucky

“What do you want? Choose anything” Jiyong spoke from Seunghyun's shoulder whilst holding the latter's waist in the exact same way as he had done in the coffee shop. Seunghyun wanted to smile at the memory the touch evoked but right now he was too exhausted and thinking about it he really didn't fancy ice cream. This was a first for Seunghyun.

“I-I-” Seunghyun tried to voice the fact that he didn't want a thing though the words wouldn't come out. “I don't” He sighed frustrated by his inability to speak, the words were right on the tip of his tongue. Jiyong pressed a little into Seunghyun's back just as a hand calmly squeezed Seunghyun's free shoulder.

“You're not hungry are you?” He seemed to know exactly what Seunghyun was thinking and so he leaned away not wanting to force anything. “Hyunnie you have to talk to me” Seunghyun sighed again and his lips somehow folded in on themselves. “O.K. You go get us a seat and I'll be right over, I want some ice cream” Jiyong defeated by Seunghyun's silence shuffled a little down the counter, peering into the display cabinet to eye up all the different flavours. Seunghyun shrugged and sank into the nearest seat, if he'd been paying attention to the details Seunghyun would've noticed that this ice cream bar was definitely one of the better ones. It was styled like an American diner but with every single flavour of ice cream imaginable. Jiyong must've been here before because he seemed to easily work his way through the queue and, as Seunghyun watched his back from the chair, Jiyong seemed quickly to be heavily engrossed in a conversation with the elderly till lady. Jiyong laughed and spoke to the woman as if he knew her leaving Seunghyun to wonder if anyone in the world possibly disliked Jiyong. The answer to that was no, obviously. That was the first thing Seunghyun had liked about Jiyong, his friendliness.

Not a moment too soon Jiyong sat down opposite Seunghyun and shoved a huge glass dish in between them, he offered a spoon to Seunghyun who merely shook his head.

“I tried to order just a normal sundae” Jiyong semi-explained the reason as to why there was huge mountain of ice cream between them. “But the poor lady mixed up my order and unfortunately that means I'm left with all this ice cream...” The second half of his sentence sounded a little dramatic, over acted, causing Seunghyun to just stare at him eyebrows raised.

“She didn't charge you for it did she?” Seunghyun replied sending a glare over to the lady behind the till.

“Ah no” Jiyong answered as Seunghyun's eyes returned to him. “Just a simple mix up, nothing to worry about...” He quickly broke eye contact with Seunghyun and his eyes glanced up at the ceiling. “Although... this does mean that I'm left with an awful lot of ice cream, ah I'm going to be so bloated...”

“You...” A smile crept on Seunghyun's face as Jiyong held out the extra spoon above the dish.

“I just need a little help, you don't want me to get fat do you?” Jiyong tucked his lip under the edge of his gleaming teeth and Seunghyun swore he saw a mischievous spark in Jiyong's eyes.

“Aish...” Seunghyun muttered still trying to hide a smile as he took the spoon from Jiyong and scooped a little off the top of the mountain. “You're unbelievable” He grumbled before slipping the delicious ice cream into his mouth.

“Well luckily for you I think you're unbelievable too” Jiyong winked then plunged his poor spoon into the mountain of varying flavours, almost toppling it, and finally shoving a huge spoonful into his own mouth. Jiyong took several more colossal mouthfuls before Seunghyun spoke up, for a small guy he sure ate a heck of a lot.

“Hey slow down, you're going to eat it all!” He tapped Jiyong's digging spoon with his own, trying to push it back and away from the dish.

“Says the man who wanted nothing a minute ago, Seunghyun you're so fickle” Jiyong chuckled in celebration whilst sprightly retaliating with his own spoon.

“Oh? I resent that statement” Seunghyun huffed hitting Jiyong's spoon once more.

“Fine ice cream police, why don't you show me how it's done? Hey?” Jiyong challenged tapping Seunghyun's spoon with a little more force.

“You want me to show you?” Seunghyun's smile returned but widened into a playful smirk. “Fine I'll show you” He scooped up about half a spoonful of the ice cream before reaching across the table and shoving it straight into Jiyong's mouth. Jiyong didn't see this coming though he was quickly able to recover from the shock and managed to the back of the spoon just as Seunghyun retracted it. “Eurgh that was my spoon!” Jiyong giggled at that disgusted outcry.

“Here” Now it was Jiyong's turn to scoop up some ice cream “Have my spoon” He teased as a flash of metal flew into Seunghyun's slightly ajar mouth. Jiyong's giggle deepened into tear filled laughter and before Seunghyun could protest any further he burst out laughing too. The pair sat for a while with tears just streaming down their cheeks, laughing at the most ridiculous argument to ever have existed in the history of spats and, with every puff of laughter, all the tension from earlier just eased away.

Once they had recovered their senses Jiyong grabbed a tight hold of Seunghyun's hand and near enough dragged him out of the bar, leaving the half eaten ice cream behind. With his free hand Seunghyun wiped at his eyes and mouth, all he could do was follow Jiyong and wonder just where on earth they were heading. Both sets of feet rapidly grinded to a halt when Jiyong stopped walking and tugged Seunghyun backwards, they were stood outside a typical department store and Seunghyun had no idea why.

“I just want to buy something real quick” Jiyong answered Seunghyun's worried gaze. “Wait here” And so he did, Jiyong disappeared into the store only to return in what felt like a year. When he did Jiyong was carrying a bag and he instantly pulled something out of it, a bright smile curved his lips as he informed Seunghyun of his purchase. “I wanted to buy a disposable camera, you know, just to take some photo's. Oh and I got you something”

Seunghyun grinned, Jiyong wanted to take some photos.

“Oh?” Seunghyun acted none the wiser and tried to take a sneaky look in Jiyong's bag. It didn't take long for Jiyong to notice Seunghyun's stare and when he did he shut the bag up tightly.

“You'll probably think it's a bit silly” Jiyong nervously coughed.

“Go on?” Seunghyun urged still keeping his eyes focused on the bag.

“Well it's hot and so I...” He trailed off whilst reaching into the bag to pull the present out. “I got us matching ones; you're the pink panda and I'm the blue” Seunghyun laughed at the present and tried to look at it but before he could get a good look Jiyong shoved the thing on his head. They were matching summer hats and he stared at Jiyong's as the guy neatly shifted his hair about and adjusted the hat accordingly. Seunghyun rolled his eyes, the hats did look like pandas and cute little ears stuck out of the sides, they were your typical cheap tourist gifts but they were perfect.

“I love them!” Seunghyun gushed as he flicked one of Jiyong's big black ears.

“I remembered that your favourite colour is pink” Jiyong equally beamed sufficiently pleased with Seunghyun's reaction. “And I couldn't help but think how cute you'd look in one and I was so right” He poked Seunghyun's nose causing them to both laugh again. “Hang on, stay still” The order caused Seunghyun to stiffen and he didn't dare move as he watched Jiyong rip open the camera box and shove the scraps back into the plastic bag. One click later and Seunghyun was diving for the new toy

“I wasn't ready!” Seunghyun argued “You, you didn't warn me!” He grabbed the camera from Jiyong and had his revenge. Once the camera clicked again Jiyong confiscated it and hid it in his trouser pocket.

“Catch me if you can!” He laughed as he ran away from Seunghyun.

“Hey get back here!” Seunghyun laughed whilst breaking out into a full force sprint and following Jiyong down the street.

 


 

A green t-shirt connected with Seunghyun's face and he scowled at Jiyong who merely laughed, throwing a matching purple t-shirt into the pink pandas face.

“Catch” Jiyong mocked whilst sticking his tongue out. Seunghyun threw the first t-shirt back at the blue panda and huffed, Jiyong had been dragging him through this stupid shopping complex for the past hour or so.

“Hey Jiyong” Seunghyun smirked as he reached for an over the top hot pink woman's wedding hat, he held the panda hat in his hand behind his back and posed with his other hand on the tip of the wedding hat. “Do I look y?” He wiggled his eyebrows as Jiyong slipped the camera from his pocket and took a sneaky photo.

“Of course darling” Jiyong purred ducking his head behind a clothing rail and reappearing two seconds later with a plastic tiara hanging from the side of his tilted head. “Does this make my head look big?” Seunghyun laughed, not the reaction Jiyong wanted obviously. “Hey at least I have taste, you pick out the most ancient thing in here!” He pouted whilst placing the tiara back on its rightful shelf. Seunghyun moved around the rack and beside Jiyong, already having slipped his pink wedding hat off and placing his panda hat back on.

“At least I don't look like a child” Seunghyun's laugh lightened when he was finally stood beside Jiyong. “I look sophisticated”

“Oh yeah?” Jiyong quipped turning around to face Seunghyun. “Could a child do this?” He tip-toed, grabbed Seunghyun by the elbows, and brushed his lips against Seunghyun's. When he pulled away Seunghyun simply answered with

“Well I'm sure a child could do that but there's probably laws against that sort of thing...” Seunghyun regretted being a bumbling smart arse when Jiyong heedlessly thumped him in the stomach, Jiyong had just effectively killed every last fluttering butterfly.

“Idiot” Jiyong snorted, turning on his heels and continuing his journey through the shop. Seunghyun followed whilst plotting his revenge, he found it in the form of a glittery purple feather boa and launched it in Jiyong's direction before ducking and hiding behind a jewellery display cabinet. “Argh?!?! What the-” He heard Jiyong cry from somewhere nearby and clapped a hand over his mouth to stifle his giggles. “Seunghyun Choi what is the meaning of this?!” Seunghyun ducked further down and knelt on the floor, still trying to fight the urge to laugh. “Where in the-When I find you I'm going to...”

Footsteps shuffled uncomfortably close so Seunghyun crawled further around the cabinet and underneath a rack of clothing. He was able to hide in the middle of the clothes just as Jiyong's feet wandered into view and now, well now, Seunghyun couldn't control his laughter. A little giggle escaped his mouth and he gulped when the feet suddenly turned to walk towards him, he felt like he was five again hiding from a dragon. “Hmm...” Jiyong's voice called “I wonder where my Bingu is, I mean, he's so small it's not as if he'd stick out or anything...” The feet took a couple of steps closer before stopping just before the clothing rack, Seunghyun tried to wriggle backwards but the middle of the rack stopped him and so he crawled around the pole, through the clothes and out the back. Once there he rose to his feet, back still hunched over, and quickly ran back towards the door. He slid out of the main door and around the corner of the shop before an idea popped into his head like a light bulb, reaching quickly for his phone Seunghyun sent a little text to his lost companion:

“Yongie~ You're cold”

His phone vibrated a second later with a reply:

“Seunghyun, you're a pain -_-”

“I'll give you a clue... Outside”

After that reply Seunghyun spied the perfect hiding place and ran over to it. The spot was behind a wide pillar and from here he could see the little shop that they were just in. He waited for what seemed like ages before he spotted Jiyong, he looked stressed but amused by the little game. Jiyong glanced around and Seunghyun jumped back behind the pillar, now he giggled. He felt his phone vibrate again and looked at it.

“Am I hot yet?”

O.K so Seunghyun's giggle was now a full blown laugh and he didn't care if it gave away his hiding place, he had to laugh at all the cheeky responses he could send.

“Yes”

He quickly replied. Bravely Seunghyun peered around the edge of the pillar and smirked when he saw Jiyong scratch his head with a huge pout on his confused face. Still Seunghyun bided his time, waiting for the perfect moment to spring up on Jiyong

“I don't want to play any more *-* Seunghyun your no fun”

Just as Seunghyun saw the text Jiyong turned away from the pillar and looked back into the shop. Now was the time, Seunghyun dived forward and attacked Jiyong from behind, tackling him into a big bear hug. At first Jiyong protested, trying to playfully claw his way out of the hug, but after a couple of seconds changed his mind and laughed.

“Now you're hot” Seunghyun laughed blowing a little air onto Jiyong's neck then placing the much smaller man on the ground. It was strange because up ‘Til now Seunghyun hadn't felt the urge to grab Jiyong but once he had, once he had touched him (in the most innocent sense of the word) he wanted to hug him again. To just feel that closeness without even considering what he was doing, it was nice and felt natural.

“Seunghyun you're squeezing the life out of me...” Jiyong wheezed halting Seunghyun's thought process.

“Ah, sorry about that...” He mumbled as he placed Jiyong gently back on the ground. “Got a little carried away...”

“Tisk, tisk....” Jiyong tutted under his breath when he finally found his feet and turned to face Seunghyun

“So what are you going to do now Yongie?” Seunghyun jested “I mean now that you've found me...” He explained after receiving a wary look from the blue panda.

“Oh I won't tell you what I'm planning” Jiyong chuckled “I'll just surprise you when the time is right” He grabbed Seunghyun's hand pulling him away from the pillar and further into the shopping complex. “Come on we can't spend all day inside, get moving...”

 


 

Another clothing shop and one look from a rather moody Ahjumma later, Seunghyun was being dragged into what looked like a beauty salon and he did not like where this was going. Jiyong was silent until they reached the front counter

“Jiyong Oppa! How can I help you? It's lovely to see you, it's been a while” A bright blue eyed lady asked in Korean but still managed to retain a strong American accent.

“Ah hello May Noona, I know I'm sorry about that been busy at the K-Mart. I have a...a friend here who needs some help...” Seunghyun looked up from his feet when he felt Jiyong tug on his hand.

“Huh?” He involuntarily gasped before his cheeks exploded from the oncoming embarrassment.

“Oh I can see that” The lady replied whilst eyeing up Seunghyun. Snap, that was a little harsh. “Looks like he could do with a bit of a trim” She explained as Seunghyun shot her a look of total vexation. “And it definitely needs to be styled. Give me a sec and I'll see if Jessica's free” As soon as the rude lady walked away Jiyong turned to face Seunghyun, still keeping their fingers carefully locked together.

“You remember you told me how much you love me?” Jiyong smiled to try and soften the imminent blow.

“Perhaps...” Seunghyun moodily retorted, searching for the nearest exit.

“Well I saw a change in you today Seunghyun Choi and I loved it. I want to make a bargain with you” Jiyong offered. “If you trust me enough to let me do this then I'll do one thing for you, anything you want, name it”

“I'm not sure about this” Seunghyun tried to think of something that he wanted Jiyong to do but nothing came to mind.

“Do you trust me?” Jiyong pulled Seunghyun closer with a little tug of their held hands and he gazed up at the baffled man.

“Well of course, don't be so-” Seunghyun babbled a flustered reply.

“Then let me do this, you can think of what you want me to do” Jiyong grinned. A thought suddenly popped into Seunghyun's head

“Quit your job” The thought rushed from Seunghyun's mouth before he had a chance to think about it. Jiyong looked completely shocked and said nothing so Seunghyun tried to explain himself. “I mean you, you're so much better than that place, it's, you, it's holding you back from what you really want and-”

“Jessica can see you now” The rude lady's voice cut in before Seunghyun could finish his explanation.

That set the tone for the rest of the time inside the salon, Jiyong completely took over and seemed to be in his element as he instructed the hairdresser on what would suit Seunghyun. They quite happily chatted over the top of Seunghyun's head, at the start of their conversation they spoke about the actual haircut and Jiyong decided on just a trim (apparently he liked it a little messy) however, soon they progressed onto more meaningless things like adding highlights, dying his hair a lighter colour, switching up the tones, what colours would be best. Jiyong liked slight gingery tones, warm shades of brown and red mixed together, whilst the hairdresser Jessica preferred darker colours and suggested a much shorter cut.

Luckily for Seunghyun's sake Jiyong won that argument and after a while Jessica started on his hair. Jiyong pulled up a chair next to them and watched as the hairdresser worked her magic, though the atmosphere was still awkward and Seunghyun couldn't bear to stare at Jiyong. Instead he watched Jiyong from the side view given to him by the mirror which sat directly in front of his face, Jiyong looked a little tense but relaxed whenever Jessica asked him a question. The silence was broken when Jessica asked Seunghyun the last time he actually had a haircut was and when Seunghyun failed to reply (because he didn't want to talk about a stupid haircut) Jiyong quite happily took over.

“Let's just say that he's never been a salon before” Jiyong smiled but Seunghyun could just feel that something wasn't right about it, it didn't feel real.

“Well luckily for him he's got a good friend like you. So where have you been Ji? I thought you were going to be a big star taking on the photography industry?” Jiyong almost snorted in disgust at this presumption.

“Don't be silly Unnie that's ridiculous. No the last time you styled my hair was...” He pondered for a minute.

“When you had long hair” Jessica smiled to Seunghyun in the mirror but he didn't return it. Her warm nature didn't really appeal to him right now.

“That's right” Jiyong lightly laughed.

“I never did get to see if all my efforts made for a good photo” Jessica roughly combed through Seunghyun's hair and he flinched when she dragged it down one side. “You'll have to show them to me sometime Ji, I always thought that I should've took some photos and put your picture up somewhere in here” Jessica then winks at Seunghyun in the mirror. “He's absolutely gorgeous don't you think so Seunghyun?” Seunghyun gulped.

“Of course” He lowly answered almost in a whisper. Jiyong didn't react to the answer.

“Perhaps one day Unnie” Jiyong cleared his throat after replying. “That's not really who I am any more now, I'm a hard-working man”

“Ah that's such a shame” Jessica said a little disappointed. “You've got such a lovely face, big features, perfect hair...” She reeled off a ton of reasons as to why Jiyong should reconsider his life choices and to be honest she didn't say anything that Seunghyun hadn't already thought of.

“But no confidence” Seunghyun spoke in an attempt to test the waters. “No belief that he's special”

“Exactly” Jessica chimed in smiling at Seunghyun through the mirror, he didn't notice as he was too busy studying Jiyong's reaction and wow what a reaction. Jiyong's whole body tensed up although he turned towards the mirror and looked straight into Seunghyun's eyes. “Oh I'll be back in a minute, just going to get a couple of colours” Jessica shouted as she wandered through a distant door. Seunghyun simply returned Jiyong's stare in the mirror, both sharing that same unblinking intensity. After a few minutes of silence passed Jessica returned and instantly broke the weird atmosphere. “So we decided on red and blonde tones?”

“Yeah...” Jiyong answered as if he was spaced out.

“Awesome! Seunghyun we'll just need to...” She explained the process of dying someone's hair, how it should be looked after, if it'll hurt and blah, blah, blah... Seunghyun himself felt spaced out by Jiyong's stare, he wanted to offer the same support that Jiyong had given to him and he wanted Jiyong to know just how special he was. If he wasn't practically strapped into the chair by the light silk-like cover then Seunghyun would've grabbed Jiyong and try to talk some sense into him.

 


 

When the torture was finally over Jessica gave Seunghyun a massive grin in the mirror, obviously proud by her work, and he couldn't help but smile. Jiyong was spot on; Seunghyun's face now looked fresh, the blonde shone under the light and the red tones looked warm. He loved it.

“You look so handsome~” Jessica cheered and sped off towards the front desk whilst Seunghyun looked to Jiyong for some sort of approval. Throughout the rest of the hair changing process Jiyong had simply sat and stared at him, now though his expression was different. His mouth hung slightly open which Seunghyun could interpret in two ways: 1) Jiyong loved it so much he was rendered speechless and struggled to breathe. 2) He hated it and Seunghyun looked hideous. Seunghyun took a deep breath and asked

“So...Do you agree?” Jiyong looked a little pale at the sound of Seunghyun's voice. “Jiyong, you're scaring me...”

“Good, I mean, it looks good, nice, even lovely and the colour it, it's nice” Seunghyun smiled as Jiyong blushed and then sighed. “I agree” He said after recovering.

“Well thank you” Seunghyun smiled and returned his eyes to his new appearance. He looked older and the haircut allowed both of his eyes to see, his features to show, it was a little different from his black mop but then again the change felt good, just like the mini-makeover his Mother and Sister had given him previously. He examined every tiny little detail about his face, the way his cheeks dipped in slightly and his ears. “My ears are massive” Seunghyun mumbled out loud as he sat up from the chair and ran a shaking hand along his cheek over to his behind his ear.

“See!” Jessica's voice sounded extremely close and Seunghyun cringed when he noticed that she was staring directly at him in the mirror, arms on his shoulders and head leaned next to his. She lightly squeezed his shoulders as the rude lady appeared.

“Wow~” The rude lady cooed “So good looking, wonderful job Sica!” Much to Seunghyun's relief Jessica moved away and started to cheer with the rude lady. Once they had moved Seunghyun could see Jiyong again and he was completely surprised by the sight, Jiyong was furiously snapping the clicker of the camera.

“Hey don't waste all the photos” Seunghyun coughed nervously and put his hands up to his face.

“It's not a waste” Jiyong's cheery voice returned. “Thanks ladies, you did an amazing job Unnie!” Jessica cheered again and fist pumped with the air.

“Ji I want this haircut to be on the house so that one day you and your handsome friend will return” The rude lady spoke up and tapped Jiyong on the shoulder. They walked away for a moment and Jessica took that as her cue, whilst she stripped Seunghyun of the hair cover and brushed whatever residue was left she quietly spoke.

“You and Ji make such a lovely couple, this used to be his secret little hide out when he was at college. He'd come here all the time and we even used him as a model for our trainees, I was one of them. Ji would sit in here all day and take photos, draw and write things but after a while he didn't come back. He lost that little sparkle, I hope you'll come back one day and Ji will have it again. He already looks so smitten with you, I can just tell, he's never brought anyone here before.”

“Thank you Jessica” Seunghyun appreciated the fact that she had known Jiyong for a long time and still cherished his friendship. This made him all the more determined to help Jiyong, to get him back onto to his feet and ultimately return the favour. That's when a plan possessed Seunghyun's mind.

“No problem, it's been my pleasure” She winked and then helped Seunghyun off the chair, his legs were a little numb from having to sit for so long but by waving them about a little bit he regained the feeling. Jiyong and the rude lady returned “It's been lovely to see you again Ji” Jessica grinned as she hugged him, Seunghyun noticed that Jiyong looked a little dazed again and he frowned.

“We'll definitely be back again, thank you” Seunghyun replied whilst sliding his own digits against Jiyong's. “See you later” He walked out of the salon with a dazed Jiyong in tow. Seunghyun didn't say a word as he pulled Jiyong out of the shopping complex and down the street. He knew exactly where he was going this time and headed for the river. They walked for what felt like ages and Seunghyun managed to navigate his way through the winding city streets. When they reached the point where they could no longer walk Seunghyun stopped, released Jiyong's hand and leaned against the fence. Jiyong merely crept up beside him, eyes wandering over to the view of the river, of the little pedal boats and happy people.

“This is where I got the call” Seunghyun said after a few minutes more of silence, allowing Jiyong enough time to take in the view. “Where Ma told me to come home and I didn't. I just stared out into the river wondering why, why was this happening to me? Why did I deserve this? What had I ever done? I could see the river and the people who were just enjoying their lives regardless of how I felt. It made me feel insignificant and unimportant. Do you see all those people who don't care about you?”

“Seunghyun I'm so-”

“Do you see those people Jiyong?” Seunghyun turned away from the fence to face Jiyong head on. “Do you see how they don't care about you? How they carry on living? How the world doesn't stop for you?”

“I-I-” Jiyong stuttered back, frightened by this new tone to Seunghyun's voice that he had never heard before.

“They don't care if you live or if you die, if you fail or if you succeed, it makes no difference to them” Seunghyun sounded a little angry though he was entirely lost in the moment. “But for some reason beyond your control you care about them and the fact that they don't care about you. It angers you because they don't care why is that? Why is it that we waste so much care on strangers that we will never meet? Opinions of people who don't matter and yet those people we do care about, the people who do matter, well that doesn't anger us as much. We let them move on and we think it helps, we think that our loved ones move on and we do nothing. We let it happen. What I'm trying to say is Jiyong, you see those people who don't care? Well I'm someone who cares, I care about you and I want you to be happy. I want you to feel like them, I want you to get lost in the bliss of living a happy life, I want you to be so ignorantly wrapped up in love that you don't care about what a stranger may or may not think. But this love doesn't come from me, I wish it could, you taught me that this love comes from inside yourself. As stupid as it sounds, you asked me how you could love someone who can't love themselves, you wanted to know how you could love me if I was just a shadow and now I want to know the real answer. Bae showed me your photography portfolio, he near enough glowed about just how wonderful you are and I agree with him. You're something special Jiyong Kwon and I want to make you happy but I can't do that if you're not prepared to do it yourself. You're so talented, beautiful in every definition of the word and if you can't accept that then, well then, I don't know what I'll do!” By the end of his speech Seunghyun grabbed Jiyong's hand and pressed it tightly against his lips, when he lowered Jiyong's hand he continued to talk.

“If my Pa taught me anything in life it's to enjoy every second which I intend to do right now, what if we're not here tomorrow? What if we too die? What would we leave behind? An empty bedroom, memories that we regret making? What will you leave behind Jiyong? You said it yourself no one would notice if you were gone from the supermarket. So what are you doing with your life? Are you going to stay an insignificant shadow forever? Or step out into the sunlight with me? We can do this together but only together. Without you I'll fall apart again and I don't want that, I hope you feel the same” Seunghyun watched as Jiyong's mouth moved although no sound came out. He just hoped that he hadn't said too much too soon.

“Seun-Seunghyun, I don't, I-” Jiyong backed away a little and fully rested his back against the fence, his hand slipped from Seunghyun's. “It's not that easy” Jiyong's voice sounded strained, his throat constricted from the care in Seunghyun's words, but that didn't phase Seunghyun. Slowly he walked in front of Jiyong and took a couple of steps backwards “What're you doing?” Jiyong gasped out. “You'll go into the road?!”

“Fine then” Seunghyun shrugged whilst taking another step backwards. “I'll get hit by a car” He held out a hand to Jiyong “I'll die and the world will end”

“Are you ing insane?!” Jiyong shouted. “Get away from the-” Seunghyun glanced up at the sky, feeling a burst of heat flood his face from the sun because up ‘Til now Seunghyun's face had been protected by the panda hat. He kept his hand held out to Jiyong

“Maybe I am” Seunghyun called “Maybe fate will intervene again, let’s leave it up to chance, shall we?”

“Don't-!” Not a second too soon Jiyong ran forward and grabbed Seunghyun's hand, forcefully pulling him back onto the path and into the tightest embrace that Seunghyun had ever felt. “I don't know what I'd do, please, just stop, please” Jiyong cried into Seunghyun's chest. “Please don't ever do that again” Releasing a heavy sigh of relief Seunghyun held Jiyong close, tenderly cupping the back of Jiyong's shaking head. “You're right, you're so right, I shouldn't expect you to do things if I can't do them myself, I'm so sorry, I-”

“It's O.K” Seunghyun sensitively kissed the crown of Jiyong's head and the action seemed to calm Jiyong down, his sobs evened out into shaky but steady breaths. “I'm sorry for scaring you like that, it's just you, you make me feel so, strongly and I, I wanted you to feel that too. Please don't cry” He gently rocked Jiyong, the action just came naturally to him, and as he did so he felt Jiyong's grip on him tighten.

“You're the best thing that has ever happened to me and I don't know what I'd do if I, if I-” Jiyong sniffled.

“I will never leave you” Seunghyun intuitively replied. “Just as long as you promise to never leave me”

“I promise” Jiyong cleared his throat, inhaled a deep breath, then looked up to meet Seunghyun's warm but water ridden eyes.

“I believe in you too Jiyong” Seunghyun passionately declared “And I'll do anything to make you as happy as you make me”

“Thank you” Jiyong sniffled again.

“No thank you” Seunghyun inched his face a little closer to Jiyong's then continued “For allowing me to fall in so madly love with you” He gently nudged his nose with Jiyong's. “For making me believe in life again, for opening my closed doors and allowing my heart to spill out. For accepting me for the person that I am and loving me for everything, including my faults. You're the most amazing person that I have ever met and you make feel things I never knew where possible”

“Seunghyun...” Jiyong started to cry again but this time Seunghyun joined in. “I want to step out into the sun with you” A breath escaped Jiyong's closed mouth and Seunghyun felt the light puff of air tickle at his lips.

“You promise?” Seunghyun smiled after a small whisper.

“I promise” Jiyong returned the smile with equal warmth, despite the tears that were still rolling down their cheeks. “I want to be the best person that I can be, just for you”

“Ditto that” Seunghyun endearingly replied as he leaned his forehead against Jiyong's. They both exhaled a deep breath and laughed at how much it tickled. Carefully Seunghyun slid his hands from around Jiyong's body and up to the sides of his beautiful face.

“I love you” Jiyong weakly spoke.

“I love you too” Seunghyun delicately tilted Jiyong's head upwards and dotingly kissed him. After the small peck he went to move but couldn't when he felt Jiyong's hands pull his head back and even closer than before. This time Jiyong guided the kiss though Seunghyun could feel his lips shake from anxiousness, still it felt amazing. Seunghyun had to close his eyes and focus entirely on the feeling, he forgot how to breathe and softened into the touch. Jiyong gently gripped at Seunghyun's ears whilst tenuously flicking his tongue along the ridge of Seunghyun's dry lips, it was as if Seunghyun forgot how to function and a burst of heat exploded from his chest. The feeling was undeniably beautiful, to feel needed, kissed and most of all loved. It was overwhelming. And even if Jiyong positively had no idea about what on an earth he was doing Seunghyun couldn't fault a thing, it just felt so right. A little sound escaped Seunghyun's mouth and he opened his eyes to see Jiyong staring right at him, they slowly parted lips allowing them both a second to recuperate and breathe. Once they had recovered they just stared at each other, hearts racing from the feeling, not quite knowing exactly what to say. Jiyong spoke first, his voice was raw but creamy, filled with an unforgiving happiness.

“I want to take a photo of you right now” A smile broke out on his lips though Seunghyun frowned.

“Why?” He breathlessly answered.

“Because I always want to remember just how gorgeous you look in this exact moment” Jiyong lifted the camera from his pocket and snapped a picture, Seunghyun was still buzzing from the kiss and found himself unable to form an adequate protest. He simply smiled as Jiyong took the photo. “And” Jiyong handed the camera to Seunghyun “I want you to take a photo of me”

“Er, O.K.” Seunghyun was still puzzled as he lifted the camera up to look through the tiny viewfinder.

“Wait a second” Jiyong stuck his hand in front of the camera and pulled his phone out of his pocket. He pressed a few buttons then held the phone up to his ear. “Yes Hello Manager, It is Jiyong Kwon here and I would like to quit. Yes Sir, I appreciate all the work you have given me over the years but I have bigger dreams now, better dreams. Yes Sir. Good luck to you too, goodbye” Seunghyun clicked the camera just before Jiyong hung up the phone. After sliding the mobile back into his pocket Jiyong looked brighter and his smile even more radiant than before.

“How do you feel?” Seunghyun asked when he lowered the camera and took in this new glimpse of Jiyong.

“Lucky. Incredibly lucky” He sighed alleviating some inside pressure.

“Good” Seunghyun grinned. “It's about time we felt a little less unlucky” He reached out to Jiyong and their hands linked together. “Now let’s go and enjoy the sunshine” They both looked up at the blue sky.

“Before our perfect day ends” Jiyong finished the end of Seunghyun's sentence as they made their way back into the busy streets.

 


 

You're exceptional the way you are,
Don't need to change for nobody,
You're incredible, anyone can see that
When will you believe that?
You are nothing but exceptional.

If you could see the one I see when I see you,
You'd know how lucky you are to be you.

- JoJo's Exceptional