Missing You

Unlucky

This bright idea of Seunghyun’s was the reason why he was sat on Jiyong’s sofa with Yonghyun on his lap and all of his boyfriend’s closest friends looking at him as if they should get him committed or something. Daesung, of course, was the first to protest to the idea whilst Bae just looked utterly confused. To tell you the truth it was only seven in the morning and everyone in the apartment was still in their pyjamas, however, after spending the night with a child who decided that it was a good idea to kick you at five in the morning and rather unceremoniously wake you up Seunghyun was positive that now was a better time than any.

“I’m half asleep Seunghyun” Daesung continued to protest as he rubbed his eyes to clearly emphasise this fact. “And I can’t write, actually I can, just not that well” Seunghyun rolled his eyes.

“Seriously I ask you to write one thing about your best friend and you’re saying no?” Seunghyun could be persistent if he wanted to be.

“I’ll do it” Bae nodded as he flicked through the book that Seunghyun had shoved into his hands about ten minutes ago. “We just have to write a letter to Jiyong?”

“That’s all” Seunghyun smiled as Daesung tried to whine.

“I just don’t see how writing Jiyong a letter is going to make him feel better” Daesung continued. “Can’t we just take him out for a few drinks or something?”

“Right, let me try and explain this in its basic form” Seunghyun thought for a minute as Yonghyun fell against his chest the little tyke had only gone and fallen asleep. Sighing Seunghyun shifted Yonghyun so that he was more comfortable, sliding his little legs over to one side and holding the boy’s lolling head close. “Say you’re feeling a bit lonely right?”

“Right…” Daesung closed his eyes as if he was trying to imagine the scenario. Bae was trying to hold his laughter in and he was sat beside Seunghyun on the sofa whilst Daesung was sat in the recliner opposite.

“Now you haven’t really spoken to anyone because you think that you’re an inconvenience” Seunghyun spoke from experience so he completely understood just how much these letters could (or would) affect Jiyong. “You feel like you don’t fit in and even if you do find your place you still feel as though you don’t deserve it”

“O.K well I feel depressed” Daesung sighed keeping his eyes closed.

“Exactly, now imagine feeling like that all the time. Imagine if Mihyun told you that you were worth something, would you believe her?”

“Probably not, as much as I’d want to” Daesung slowly replied “But you can’t really ignore how you feel”

“And there we go” Seunghyun smiled satisfied by the look of sadness mixed with a hint of confusion which currently scrunched up Daesung’s normally smiley face. “But what if she helped you realise that you had friends already? What if they told you how much they loved and needed you, would that make you feel wanted? Would that help you realise that you are loved?”

“Fine! I’ll do it! I’ll do it!” Daesung surprised everyone by shouting, putting a hand over his eyes and sprinting from the room like an athlete. Seunghyun and Bae just watched him leave with their mouths hung slightly open

“Did I go too far?” Seunghyun frowned using his free hand to itch his thoughtful temple.

“I don’t think so” Bae gently replied. “Guess he has some more emotions somewhere inside that thick head of his” He joked obviously trying to break the new tense atmosphere. “I’ll just go see him and we’ll write the letters, I’ll bring them to you as soon as” Bae offered Seunghyun one last smile before leaving the room, which the man on the sofa tried to return but failed miserably. The last thing he wanted to do was upset someone.

Gradually letting out a long exhalation of what felt like steam Seunghyun closed his eyes for a moment and allowed the feeling of Yonghyun’s steady breathing to calm him down. He was about to fall asleep when his phone buzzed and startled both Hyun’s, the eldest slid the phone from his pocket then answered the call. He tried to balance the phone between his ear and shoulder as he lifted Yonghyun up and placed him back on the sofa.

“Hello?” Seunghyun whispered as he walked away from Yonghyun, who had simply fallen asleep again.

“Hyunnie!” Jiyong’s voice sounded so soft and springy like he’d had too much sugar or something. Or maybe his voice was just that sweet, either way Seunghyun felt a burst of butterflies at the song like tone.

“Yes Yongie?” Seunghyun couldn’t grin any wider if he tried.

“Yah Seunghyun, how is my child?” Dami’s voice suddenly popped up as if she’d just snatched the phone from Jiyong but Seunghyun could hear Jiyong’s perfect giggle in the background.

“Alive” Seunghyun joked “Just” He laughed as she huffed, well that would teach her for snatching the phone.

“Hyunnie~” Jiyong’s light voice returned “I love you so so soooo much!” He cooed and then there was thud. As a result Seunghyun’s frown only deepened

“Are you drunk or something?” He asked trying to sound serious about whatever was going on, despite the fact that he desperately wanted to laugh.

“Oh no!” Dami’s voice made a comeback “We might’ve had too much ice cream, erm ice cream and then there was-”

“The sweets, oh we brought that big bucket of sweets” Jiyong chipped in “Then we-”

“Drank some fizzy, I think we had, maybe, three bottles of that…” Dami started to giggle although she tried her hardest to explain why. “Jiggy will you get up from the floor?” There was a loud snort and some more laughter. Seunghyun sighed the children had only gone and overdosed on sugar.

“Right I’m coming over” He grumbled into the phone.

“YAAAAYYYY!!!” Jiyong erupted into the loudest fit of giggles that Seunghyun had ever heard.

“No, no, no!” There was a whoosh of air filled with nothing but Dami’s protests.

“Will you two just, I don’t know, stay put?” Seunghyun resumed his position from earlier and balanced the phone against his ear. He felt like he had just acquired two more kids, great, although he was happy that Jiyong and Dami were happy. He just had to keep telling himself that.

“Uh oh we’re in trouble!” Jiyong giggled some more.

“I’m hanging up now” Seunghyun said as he snapped the phone shut and slid it into his pocket. “Yonghyun” He gently shook the sleeping sofa child awake and held onto the boy’s hand with his own. “Bae?!”

“Yeah?” A voice called from Daesung’s bedroom.

“Can you bring the letters to mine later? Oh and could you find my letter to Jiyong, it should be somewhere in his room, I have to go now so I’ll see you later” Seunghyun shouted down the corridor as he knelt down and slipped Yonghyun’s shoes back on. “Ah and I forgot to say thank you for the email”

“Did you forward it on?” Bae answered back, still behind Daesung’s door.

“Yeah but I’ll tell you about it later, we haven’t had a reply yet” Seunghyun stood back up and slipped his own shoes on.

“O.K man, see you later!” Seunghyun could picture Bae waving at him and he smiled at the thought

“See you!” He called as he and Yonghyun left the apartment hand in hand.

 


 

The walk to Dami’s wasn’t too far leaving Seunghyun to wonder about how they had not managed to bump into each other before, it was strange how everything seemed to be so connected and how all the little strings of someone’s life could be so easily tied to another’s. It left Seunghyun thoughtful and he had to admit he found the idea rather inspiring. Yonghyun was an angel, sure he had his tantrums and his moments, but as of right now he was walking beside Seunghyun and gazing around as if he’d never been outside before. It was funny how children looked at things with fresh eyes all the time, Seunghyun wished that some adults would learn to do the same and live with wide excited eyes.  Live with no judgements and just a natural enthusiasm for everything, children were special creatures it was just up to their parents to make or break them.

Sighing Seunghyun was reminded of Jiyong’s parents and what they had done to their Son, it was sad but at least Jiyong had Dami now. He shook the upsetting thoughts out of his head and glanced down at the beaming child beside him, Little Hyun looked up at Seunghyun with a thoughtful smile.

“Yunnie” He called as if he was about to ask a question.

“Yeah?” Seunghyun answered feeling Yonghyun’s grip on his hand tighten.

“If Samchon is family why didn’t he come to my birthday party last year?” Little Hyun’s smile faded and he looked upset by the thought.

“Well” Seunghyun thought about the best possible way to answer this but really he had no idea. So he stopped walking and bent down on one knee just in front of Yonghyun, resting his hands on the little guy’s shoulders. “You have to understand that your family loves you, O.K?”

“O.K” Yonghyun nodded.

“But sometimes in this world some people just don’t get on and your Samchon and his parents don’t get on well” There, Seunghyun thought that it would be better if he was honest with Yonghyun plus he was smart kid so he would’ve figured it out soon enough.

“Why not?” Yonghyun frowned in the most adorable way ever.

“Let’s just say that they don’t agree with him on certain things, their ideas clash” Seunghyun softly squeezed Yonghyun’s shoulders. “I wouldn’t worry your pretty little head about it” He smiled.

“Is it because of you?” Yonghyun question instantly wiped the smile from Seunghyun’s face.

“Me?” Seunghyun thought for a moment. “You could say so yes” He sighed and looked away from Yonghyun.

“Don’t they like you?” Little Hyun continued but he took a step closer and reached for Seunghyun’s shoulders, by mimicking the elder’s pose Yonghyun forced Seunghyun’s attention back to him.

“Probably not” Seunghyun shrugged as Yonghyun took another step closer, he was so close that he was presently within hugging distance.

“But you love Samchon?” Yonghyun patted Seunghyun’s shoulders.

“I do” He replied with a small smile.

“Then what else matters?” Yonghyun looked genuinely confused.

“You’re such a smart boy” Seunghyun pulled him into a tight hug. “Don’t ever lose that clever brain of yours Little Hyun” He whispered as he gradually kissed the side of Yonghyun’s head. “Now come on, let’s go find Umma and Samchon” Seunghyun returned to his feet and led the confused little fella down the street.

 


 

As soon as Seunghyun entered the apartment he laughed but at the same time shook his head in disbelief. The place was a mess with junk food packets near enough covering every surface and for some odd reason there was a ton of glitter floating about, like a glitter war had broken out or something. It quickly became apparent that the Kwon’s ate their problems and by the bucket load at that. Yonghyun quietly followed Seunghyun as they climbed across the apartment, when they eventually reached Dami’s room they heard some laughter on the other side and Seunghyun braced himself.

“Noooooo!” Jiyong half howled- half laughed.

“Oh my god!” Dami’s voice gasped. Just as they reached the door Seunghyun turned to Yonghyun and pressed a finger up to his lips, with the pair both in stealth mode they entered the bedroom.

When the bedroom door swung open Seunghyun wasn’t quite sure how to react, Jiyong and Dami were curled up in bed together with a mountain of tissues surrounding them. Their eyes were focused on a small television screen which sat on a chest of drawers just opposite them and they were watching a film.

“Just tell her how you feel, damn!” Jiyong sighed and dabbed at his watery eyes with a tissue.

“No he shouldn’t!” Dami sobbed into a pile of tissues which were hanging from her hands.

“God I hate this film!” Jiyong groaned reaching for a packet of sweets and cramming some into his mouth. “I mean if -munch- you had to choose -munch- who would you pick -munch- a vampire or a werewolf?” The pair looked lost within deep thought for a moment and Seunghyun smirked, it was nice seeing them lost within their own little world despite the fact that he had no idea what they were talking about.

“I’d choose the vampire obviously” Dami laughed then hiccupped. “You?”

“The werewolf come on, he’s ten times hotter -munch- and spends most of this film with his shirt off, how could you -munch- not enjoy that?” Jiyong smiled as he answered.

“Have you ever seen Seunghyun with his shirt off Mr. Expert?” Dami casually asked as she pinched some sweets from the bag that Jiyong was currently holding.

“No but I wouldn’t exactly protest” Jiyong answered with yet another crunch from the candy.

“I bet you’ve been dying to see what he looks like underneath all those layers” Dami laughed causing Jiyong to follow suit. Although before Seunghyun could go and find a corner to die in Yonghyun headed for the bed and leapt up onto it.

“Yonghyun?” Dami quietly whispered as Jiyong shouted

“SEUNGHYUN?!” He gasped.

“Uh hi!” The man in question just about replied, a little flustered by their previous conversation.

“What’re you doing here? I thought” Jiyong wiped his eyes again and cleared his throat.

“You phoned me, remember? And I said that I was coming over” Seunghyun clarified walking to the edge of the bed and taking a seat on it beside Jiyong.

“Ah…” Jiyong remembered as his eyes lit up at the memory.

“So how is everything?” Seunghyun asked moving his gaze from his equally embarrassed boyfriend to Dami and Yonghyun.

“It’s been so great Seunghyun-” Dami seemed to glow as she spoke.

“-Yeah we’ve pretty much caught up on everything, cried about stuff, ate a ton of food and then we put this film on-” Jiyong continued the explanation, Seunghyun was starting to think that it was a habit of theirs to finish each other’s sentences off and he found it utterly adorable.

“-It’s like we’ve never been apart” Dami finished as she weaved a hand with Jiyong’s. Everyone was smiling and it was such a nice feeling.

“Well that’s fantastic” Seunghyun grinned “So what happens next?” Well someone had to ask.

“We’ve talked about it” Jiyong started as a sudden look of sheepishness fizzled out his previous smile.

“And?” Seunghyun’s grin instantly went on vacation as well, somehow the look on Jiyong’s face made him feel nervous.

“We’re still debating it” Dami finally spoke up and it was as if all the hyperactive behaviour from earlier had somehow vanished, as if Seunghyun’s tiny question out all the happiness from the bedroom. Seunghyun congratulated himself for that achievement.

“What Dami means is that we disagree” Jiyong explained when Seunghyun didn’t answer. Seunghyun just raised an eyebrow and his boyfriend continued. “Dami thinks-”

“I think that we should both boycott our parents and move on with our lives, whereas my idiot of a Brother wants to talk to them again” Dami shook her head as she spoke whilst Jiyong stared straight ahead at the television though it was obvious that he wasn’t paying attention.

“Are you kidding me?” Seunghyun outwardly groaned as he shook his head too. “Jiyong are you being serious?”

“So you agree with Dami?” Jiyong’s head snapped in Seunghyun’s direction.

“Well yes, they’re monsters” Seunghyun almost whispered his answer and looked away from Jiyong’s intense stare.

“Great!” Jiyong shuffled out of the duvet, crawled down the bed, rolled off the end and got to his feet. He purposely avoided Seunghyun as he walked around the bed and headed for the door. “So I’m outnumbered, as per usual”

“Jiyong” Seunghyun sighed and instinctively followed his boyfriend out of the bedroom.

“What?” Jiyong continued to walk down the corridor and into the kitchen. Once he was at the sink he poured himself a small glass of water

“You can’t be serious about speaking to them again” Seunghyun wanted to wrap Jiyong up in his arms and cuddle him senseless but something warned him to stay away. So Seunghyun merely stood beside Jiyong, trying his best to keep his hands in his trouser pockets. At first Jiyong didn’t answer and after he downed his glass in one go he put the glass in the sink and leant over it. His head was lowered as if he was looking into the sink although Seunghyun bent down a little and noticed that his boyfriend’s eyes were closed. “Jiyong, you know you’re too nice right?” Seunghyun inched a little closer whilst gently reaching out and rubbing across Jiyong’s shoulder blades. Instead of shrinking away, like Seunghyun thought he would, Jiyong only sighed and hung his head lower.

“I just wish that we could be like a normal family, you know two parents, kids and grandkids” Jiyong sighed again.

“No one’s family is normal” Seunghyun tried to empathise with Jiyong however after he said two parents Seunghyun felt rather discouraged.

“Your family is” Jiyong sounded a little bitter about that.

“Yeah of course it is, a dead Father, a workaholic Mother, and a forever going out Sister, yeah I could see how you’d think that was normal” Seunghyun stopped rubbing Jiyong’s back and retreated. It took him a minute but Jiyong soon realised that what he said had annoyed Seunghyun.

“That’s not what I-” Jiyong spun around and searched for Seunghyun who was now stood in the kitchen doorway. “Seunghyun I-” Jiyong huffed as Seunghyun left the kitchen, he wandered into the living area and sat down on the sofa. It was quite funny how the layout of Dami’s apartment was so similar to Jiyong’s.  “Seunghyun?” Jiyong shuffled out of the kitchen with a pleading look on his face.

“Jiyong I’m not doing this with you” Seunghyun shrugged and folded his arms across his chest. “I’m not arguing with you. You do what you want, you’re an adult and if you want to be stupid then go ahead be my guest” He raised one hand and waved it in a sweeping shooing motion. “Go on the door’s over there, out you go” Jiyong didn’t move and Seunghyun’s didn’t even look at him, he knew that Jiyong wasn’t going anywhere. “You can go back to your parents and they can treat you like sh*t all over again then you can come back here and cry about it” He crossed a leg over and looked left at the wall beside him. A minute later he felt a lump bounce beside him on the sofa and he smiled at the wall.

“I can’t hear any feet moving” Seunghyun continued still not looking at Jiyong.

“O.K I get it, I get it!” Jiyong deflated like a balloon through one long breath. “You’re right”

“I know I am” Seunghyun dropped the smile and the sofa to face Jiyong. “Because you’ve been there before, heck even I’ve been there before and it’s just an endless cycle of hate Ji” He carefully scooped one of Jiyong’s hands into his own and started massaging it in small circles. “Listen to your Sister because she’s right”

“But she shouldn’t stop speaking to them” Jiyong timorously replied, his voice scattered between contrasting high squeaks and low scratchy tones. “I mean they’ve treated her well-”

“Jiyong” Seunghyun interrupted him. “They have not treated her well, they let the poor woman think that you were dead. What’s right about that? Did Dami tell you she lost her Husband and when she came back to Korea she had to grieve for you both? Imagine that, grieving for the love of her life and her baby Brother”

“She told me about her Husband passing” Jiyong slowly replied “But she didn’t tell me when, I had no idea that they did that”

“Well it’s true” Dami’s voice softly sounded from behind Jiyong, both men immediately looked up at her. “I needed to come back here to be with my family. I’ve put Yonghyun to bed, thank you Seunghyun” She continued as she walked around the sofa and knelt down in front of Jiyong.

“No problem…” Seunghyun barely mumbled, the Kwon’s were staring at each other in such a way it sort of looked like they were reading the other’s mind and left Seunghyun to feel a little rejected but he didn’t mind. Hopefully Dami could stare some sense into her Brother.

“They called me yesterday” Jiyong confessed when he couldn’t endure Dami’s stare any longer. “And I told our Father that I never wanted to see them again”

“Good” Dami answered without any hint of hesitation in her voice. “Because we’re not going to see them ever again, all we need is each other and they can survive on their own” She tenderly cupped Jiyong’s clothed knees and gave them a gentle squeeze with her palms. “I will never forgive them for what they did to you and for that reason only they deserve to be fed a piece of their own medicine”

“It’s just hard” Jiyong looked away from everyone, veering his vision off to the left. His voice broke and Seunghyun could predict that his boyfriend was about to cry. “You know you’re supposed to go to your parents when you need help. What about Yonghyun? He’ll miss his Grandparents and for his birthdays will it be O.K with just the three of us? And what if we’re not enough, what if-”

“Ji” Seunghyun interrupted him once again and he tugged his boyfriend’s hands in an effort to get him to look back. “You’ve got a family right here, you’ve got your big Sister, you’ve got me and you’ve got Bae, Daesung, my Sister, come on I swear even my Ma loves you more than me and we’re enough. So what if there isn’t a big bunch of people around for Yonghyun’s birthday? Where’s the harm in that? It just means that me and the birthday boy get to eat more cake” Well at least Jiyong laughed, even if it was just a short puff of laughter and gone in the next second.

“Besides we all love you” Dami added “And we love you for who you are Jiyong, that’ll never change” She smiled and soon a similar smile spread across her Brother’s face. “If they don’t want to be a part of your life because you’re in love with Seunghyun then they obviously haven’t met Seunghyun yet, have they?” She winked in Seunghyun’s direction and he laughed.

“Oh we’ve met before” Seunghyun replied applying a little more pressure to the massage which had slipped to Jiyong’s wrist. “Let’s save that story for another day though” He hurriedly added as Jiyong wearily stared at him.

 


 

With that decided Dami gave Jiyong her mobile number and they switched various other details as Seunghyun went to check on Yonghyun. He quietly opened the door to the boy’s bedroom and took a step in, just like Dami said her Son was fast asleep. A light snoring filled the room though just as Seunghyun was about to leave he noticed that Yonghyun was hanging halfway off the bed, without much thought Seunghyun walked across the room and tucked the boy back into the duvet. Once he’d left the room Seunghyun made his way back into the living room and smiled when he walked in on Jiyong and Dami hugging each other.

“So I’ll see you soon” Dami said as their embrace gently fell apart.

“Yes Ma’am” Jiyong happily nodded and waved Seunghyun over once he noticed his boyfriend’s presence. “Come on Hyunnie, let’s go”

“Whatever you say Boss” Seunghyun did a little mock salute which made everyone laugh as he walked across the room.

“You’re so whipped” Dami teased as she reached for Seunghyun and pulled him into a close hug.

“Well what can I say?” Seunghyun smirked once he had taken a step back, slipped his shoes on, and grabbed a hold of Jiyong’s hand. “I can’t help but be in love with this fool” They all laughed again although Jiyong did give him a small slap on the arm, just for good measure. Seunghyun smirked as he lifted Jiyong’s held hand up and lightly kissed his boyfriend’s knuckles. “But you’re my fool so it’s O.K” He winked at Jiyong who actually blushed at the gesture.

“You just wait Seunghyun” Jiyong tried to protect whatever pride he had left “I’ll have my revenge”

“And on that note” Dami cut in as she opened the door. “Get out of my apartment before you wreck it” She laughed as Jiyong playfully huffed then dragged Seunghyun out of the door.

“Dami!” Seunghyun dramatically said just as he passed her on his way out of the door “If I die please tell everyone that I love them” She laughed before rolling her eyes and shutting the door. A death glare from in front met Seunghyun when he turned the right way and he offered a wide smile in return

“So my lovely boyfriend what do we have planned for the rest of the day? Especially seeing as how I’m starting work properly tomorrow”

“We’re going to do absolutely nothing” Jiyong smirked then carried on walking, pulling Seunghyun’s hand down the corridor.

 


 

Absolutely nothing, in Seunghyun’s newfound knowledge, meant absolutely everything. Their first stop was along the river bank where Jiyong insisted that they hire a pedal boat and “join those ignorantly happy people in their ridiculous excursions across the sea”. Although it was nice in theory, in practice Seunghyun could’ve done with a little more help and at one point Jiyong was so transfixed by the water that Seunghyun ended up peddling the boat by himself. Once their hour was up and the couple returned to safer ground Seunghyun swore that he would never do that again, unless someone else was doing all the hard work. He was definitely going to pay for that later.

After groaning some illegible complaints Seunghyun gave up and was dragged to the nearest gaming Arcade. He wasn’t really sure where this money of Jiyong’s was coming from but he didn’t really think of asking. Jiyong looked so determined to spend a day without thoughts, without overthinking things, and for a change it felt as if he just wanted to enjoy anything and everything, which Seunghyun didn’t mind at all. The gaming Arcade was much more Seunghyun’s thing and every two minutes or so some brightly coloured machine would catch his eye causing him to deviate from Jiyong’s chosen route. However, another two minutes passed and before Seunghyun knew it he was back by his boyfriend’s side now changeless and rather bitter from losing, even after having his “this is my last go so I’m definitely going to win” round which had accidentally escalated into five more goes and effectively left him broke. Although every time Seunghyun returned to Jiyong he would sigh, watch his boyfriend play some plushie grabber game, sigh again, watch him play some more, sigh one more time before Jiyong got sick of him and handed him some loose change. Of course Seunghyun didn’t do it on purpose and after the first few returns he thought that Jiyong tell him to shove off, apparently he was wrong.

Their time at the Arcade ended when a bright pink cupcake decided to shove its way in Seunghyun’s face and it was this cupcake which cost him the last game he could afford. The cupcake turned out to be cuddly toy which Jiyong had won after spending a ridiculous amount of money on one machine (he wouldn’t tell Seunghyun the full total but he imagined that it was a lot judging by Jiyong’s evasive answer) and after being presented with the gift Seunghyun followed his content boyfriend out of the dim building.

“You know everything just feels so easy with you” Jiyong commented scooping Seunghyun’s hand up into his own and giving it a soft squeeze.

“Ditto that” Seunghyun replied as he returned Jiyong’s squeeze, he would’ve hugged Jiyong but an oversized cupcake in his other arm prevented him from doing so.

“Thank you” Jiyong smiled as he nuzzled his head against the edge of Seunghyun’s shoulder.

“What for?” Seunghyun questioned peeking down at Jiyong who had returned to his former upright stance.

“For not giving up on me, not completely” Jiyong quietly replied with a sincere smile curving his beautiful mouth. “I loved the flowers, the chocolates and your letter”

“Well I could never give up on you” Seunghyun stopped walking and so did Jiyong, both halted at the same time turning to face each other on the path. “I admit at one point I was pretty close to giving up and I thought that maybe I could move on. Although in the end I would’ve just been lying to myself”

“I love you so much Seunghyun” Jiyong choked a little and the hold on Seunghyun’s hand tightened.

“I love you so much too Jiyong” Seunghyun smiled, that little explosion which he hadn’t felt for a while returned and nearly knocked him off his feet. A wide smile and sparkling brown eyes dazzled Seunghyun

“I actually have something to give to you” Jiyong cleared his throat and looked away whilst he felt around in his pockets for something.

“You’ve already given me a cupcake what more could I want?” Seunghyun joked which got an instant laugh from his boyfriend.

“You can’t open it now, wait until you get home later” Jiyong’s cheeks reddened as he handed over a sealed envelope.

“O.K” Seunghyun slightly frowned but tucked the envelope into his coat pocket. “Thank you” He added once Jiyong returned to looking at him.

“Don’t thank me until you’ve opened it” Jiyong nervously grinned as he turned away and started walking again, although he still had a firm grip on Seunghyun’s hands so naturally the latter followed.

 


 

The rest of the day they remained outside, just following different paths and noticing new exciting things about their city. Their tiny corner of Seoul was literally their playground; they chased each other, raced each other and walked hand in hand. They were fully content by just walking around so naturally when they felt tired they decided to call it a day. Seunghyun walked Jiyong back to his apartment, was given his present from the kitchen counter and then he wished his love a goodnight with a little kiss. This left Seunghyun to practically skip all the way home and he didn’t give a fig if anyone saw him.

Once he got home Seunghyun went to his room and straight away opened up Jiyong’s envelope, it wasn’t a letter like what he had predicted but it was much, much better. He opened the piece of paper and read it aloud:

“Yeah (maybe I’m missing you)

Without any thoughts, just like any other day, I met up with people and talked and laughed,

When night comes, the TV is my only friend,

When the morning sun rises, then I finally fall asleep,

It’s so pathetic – I guess I liked you a lot,

After you left, the blue sky looks yellow in my eyes,

Are you hurting somewhere? I’m right here.

Or are you in a new relationship with someone new? I miss you my baby.

 

My heart wants to cry but I have no one to talk to,

Sometimes, I want to smile widely but I have no one by my side,

Maybe I’m missing you oh oh

Maybe I’m missing you oh oh

Maybe I’m missing you oh oh

Maybe I’m missing you.

 

Back then we were clear and clean,

In the beginning, we were so affectionate,

And I know everyone’s like this but why was I like this?

(But) As time passed, it was like glass shattering, like the ring on my finger fading,

Like being cut by a sharp knife, like being suffocated by a chain called restraint,

Memories of you and I, I thought were always good,

Only misunderstandings that weren’t cleared up and scars remained and I hated it.

 

My heart wants to cry but I have no one to talk to,

Sometimes, I want to smile widely but I have no one by my side,

Maybe I’m missing you oh oh

Maybe I’m missing you oh oh

Maybe I’m missing you oh oh

Maybe I’m missing you.

 

Every day when I open my eyes, it still feels like you’re next to me,

Can’t I turn things back to when we were together?

My heart wants to cry but I have no one to talk to,

Sometimes, I want to smile widely but I have no one by my side.

 

My heart wants to cry but I have no one to talk to,

Sometimes, I want to smile widely but I have no one by my side,

Maybe I’m missing you oh oh

Maybe I’m missing you oh oh

Maybe I’m missing you oh oh

Maybe I’m missing you.

 

I miss you,

I love you,

Please find your way home,

Back into my heart.

X”

Nope Seunghyun was not going to cry, he was not going to… Ah sod it he was bawling his eyes out by this point although at the same time he was grinning like a madman. Jiyong had written a song and it was just for him. He actually shared a piece of his writing with Seunghyun. The cry baby held the piece of paper to his chest and fell back against his bed, completely smitten. Jiyong was amazing. Seunghyun was busy musing to himself when his bedroom door opened and in walked Mihyun, she took one look at her crazy looking Brother and shook her head.

“Seunghyun?” She called which instantly halted his tears.

“Yes?” He sniffled as he wiped his eyes on his sleeves and sat up.

“I can see that you’re having a private moment but I need to show you something on the laptop” Mihyun teased as she folded her arms.

“Can’t it wait?” Seunghyun sighed, folding Jiyong’s song up and tucking it into a pocket on the of his shirt.

“No it can’t! Come on!” Mihyun waved her hand before she left the room and Seunghyun simply followed her, out into the hallway and into her bedroom.

“Daesung’s not going to be is he?” Seunghyun cautiously asked approaching the laptop as if he was afraid to touch it.

“Nope, he’s not here” Mihyun sat down and motioned for Seunghyun to join her, which he did. She clicked open the worldwide web then placed the computer onto Seunghyun’s lap. “The fruits of your labour Sir” Mihyun smirked when Seunghyun started reading the e-mail aloud.

“Congratulations” He began, “Mr. Kwon. We are writing to you today to inform you that your submission has been selected to join others in our New Local Talent Exhibition (NLTE). We will need a printed copy of your submission, framed, with specified dimensions by August 4th ready for the exhibition which runs from a week commencing August 18th. We hope that you will attend the private viewing which will be August 17th starting at 19:00 and ending just after 00:00. We cannot wait to meet you, Kim Jihoon, Seoul Art Centre.”

Seunghyun grinned, could tonight get any better? Probably not.

“So all I need to do is get the image Bae emailed printed, framed and delivered to the Art Centre by August 4th?” He asked Mihyun rereading the email in his head, just in case he missed something.

“Basically” Mihyun beamed “Jiyong’s going to be so chuffed! When are you going to tell him about it?”

“I’m not” Seunghyun answered thinking about it for a moment “It’s going to be the best birthday surprise ever” He mischievously grinned at Mihyun and for some reason hugged her. “Let’s get this email printed out so I can show the guys and then we’ll start plotting about Jiyong’s birthday”

“When is his birthday?” Mihyun puzzled trying to remember if she had been told or not as they pulled away from each other.

“It’s the 18th the day the exhibition starts” Seunghyun’s grin was now obvious in its intent.

“So it’s in a few weeks’ time?” Mihyun nodded locking the information up somewhere in her brain.

“Yup” Seunghyun practically bounced off her bed and dreamily sighed.

“Oh and Seunghyun” Mihyun called just as her Brother was about to leave the room.

“Yes?” He his heels to face her.

“Bae dropped these off earlier, you weren’t in so I took them for him” She reached over to her bedside table and handed Seunghyun four pieces of folded up paper.

“Thank you!” Seunghyun replied a little too enthusiastically as he reached out and accepted the paper from his Sister.

“What are they?” Mihyun asked still looking a little confused.

“They’re letters to Jiyong from his best friends” Seunghyun answered simply. “I’m going to put them in the last pages of my book and give it to him when it feels right” He received a nod and a still puzzled expression from Mihyun before he left the room. Briefly Seunghyun scanned the letters smiling at all the past memories, future hopes, and the beautiful man which his friends had written so perfectly about. Things were looking up for Jiyong and Seunghyun couldn’t help but feel proud of his talented boyfriend and to tell you the truth, Seunghyun felt rather proud of himself. Jiyong was going to go crazy over this exhibition, Seunghyun could just feel it and the thought sped the beat of his heart up to an impossible rhythm.

Once he was back in his room Seunghyun pulled his phone out of pocket and slipped his coat off. After crawling onto his bed he sent a text to Jiyong.

“Yongie, did you write that song for me? Because it was pure perfection x”

Not even a minute later he received the reply of

“No Hyunnie I wrote it for the postman. Only kidding, of course I wrote it for you and it’s only pure perfection because that’s what you are. X”

Seunghyun grinned the goofiest grin in existence.

“Thank you. I love you with all of my heart x”

“No problem. Get some rest, you have work tomorrow and I’ll speak to you at some point? I love you with all of my heart too X”

“O.K Boss but only because you told me to sleep, of course you will. I’ll ring you after work. Sweet dreams gorgeous x”

“Yay! I can’t wait! Sweet dreams to you too wonderful. Have a lovely day tomorrow~ X”

Seunghyun got ready for bed and fell asleep with a smile tugging at his tired lips. He cuddled up to his newfound cupcake friend and wished that it was Jiyong who was beside him instead.

 


 

I can't get enough of you baby,

Yes it's true,

Baby yes it's true.

Whenever we kiss I get a feeling like this,

I get to wishing that there were two of you,

My heart cries out more baby,

It feels so nice I want your arms to wrap around me twice.

 

I love you so much,

I wish that there was more of you to touch,

I can't get enough of you baby.

 

- Smash Mouth’s Can’t Get Enough Of You Baby.