Poignant Resolution

Unlucky

Coffee. It definitely smelt like coffee. Coffee mixed with voices. Wait voices?!

“Aww my little babo’s asleep!” It wasn’t just any voice it was Mihyun’s.

“Shhh!” Jiyong’s voice tried to whisper. “Don’t wake him up!”

“So cute~” Daesung’s voice cooed.

“What are you guys doing here anyway?” Jiyong tried to make another “shh” noise to try and hush them. Seunghyun kept his eyes closed worried about the sight which would meet them.

“Well” Bae’s voice started, noticeably quieter than everyone else. “We had to come back at some point didn’t we?”

“Oh my god!” Daesung gasped and something hit him in response. “Did you guys do it?”

“Do what? Will you please be quiet!” Jiyong angrily replied through gritted teeth.

“You know, seal the deal, tickle his pickle, make him sing-” Another whack. “Ow! What the hell Bae I was only-”

“It’s none of our business dammit! Do you have to be so crude all of the time?” Bae chimed in.

“What’re you- you’re so gross, Mihyun good luck with that” Jiyong sighed, his voice muffled by what must’ve been a hand in front of his mouth. Seunghyun could picture the embarrassing moment oh so clearly.

“Gee thanks” Mihyun sighed with a small laugh.

“But seriously you guys haven’t even done it yet?” Daesung demanded to know.

“Daesung!” Jiyong hissed “Seunghyun’s not that kind of guy”

“Look I don’t mean to be rude Ji” Daesung started up again. “But you’re both dudes with needs so you should take your relationship up a notch”

“I am definitely not discussing this in the presence of Seunghyun and his Sister. You are disgusting! All I am going to say on the matter is I don’t think Seunghyun’s ready for that and it’s fine by me” Jiyong huffed completely frustrated like a cornered animal or something. Seunghyun wasn’t ready for that? Did that mean Jiyong was? Was Jiyong disappointed in him? Seunghyun’s heart sunk at the thought.

“Fine, fine” Daesung sighed “So you’re relationship isn’t serious, so it’s not much fun either, do you two just sit and talk over knitting or something?”

“Oh god!” Jiyong huffed even louder than before.

“O.K Dae that’s enough teasing” Mihyun cut in “When they’re ready they’ll be ready, now let’s just leave it alone. Ji do you have anything planned for today?”

“Well I’m not sure. I mean I tried to wake Seunghyun up to see if he had work today”

“So he got the job?!” Mihyun nearly screamed the roof down.

“Yeah, I’m sorry he didn’t let you know but I-”

“Ji I know, we helped you set this up remember? And of course I knew that you were both busy” Mihyun giggled at something.

“Thank you for doing that guys, it was so beautiful and I’ve never seen Seunghyun look so happy” Jiyong sounded so content Seunghyun was trying his hardest to keep his face emotionless, although he was still embarrassed by Daesung. Memo to Seunghyun: Daesung is still a pain in the behind.

“Hey it’s no problem” Bae answered “It’s been a long time since we’ve seen you look this happy Ji”

“Thanks” Ji lightly laughed “Now back to what I was saying, I tried to wake Seunghyun up and he mumbled something about not having to work until Thursday 7:30am, he repeated it about ten times so I’m guessing he’s got the next two days off” Jiyong sighed and Seunghyun realised that it was probably time for him to wake up. Now Seunghyun, you don’t want to make this look too obvious so if you just roll about a bit, stretch then loudly yawn, you’ll be fine and no one will notice a thing. Firstly he noisily yawned which cancelled out something that Bae was saying, then came a stretch, oh bugger…

Seunghyun managed to thump the wall and with a loud hiss he jumped up, opening his eyes as wide as possible. He didn’t remember that wall being so close last night…

“Oh for goodness-” He cursed as he cradled his right hand which had suffered the full impact against the wall.

“Seunghyun?!” Jiyong launched into panic mode and two seconds later he appeared by his boyfriend’s side with a wet cloth. “Are you O.K? That looked painful, have you cut your-”

“Good morning” Seunghyun grinned, Jiyong’s concern quickly outweighed his own, in some odd way that made Seunghyun remarkably happier and the pain lessened.

“Morning” Jiyong sighed taking Seunghyun’s hand into his own and examining the light scrapes across Seunghyun’s knuckles. “Here” Gently he wrapped the cool dish cloth around Seunghyun’s hand making the taller man hiss a little at the contact but then he smiled dumbly at Jiyong.

“Thanks” The warmth from Jiyong’s hands against the damp cloth made Seunghyun’s skin tingle from the touch.

“Morning lovebirds~” Mihyun sang from the kitchen causing her Brother to rather embarrassingly jump from his skin (once again). He’d completely forgotten that they were there.

“What’re you guys doing here?!” Seunghyun panted looking from Jiyong who was carefully tending to his hand over to his Sister and the rest of the Motley Crew.

“Just came to pick up some stuff and check on you two” Mihyun replied “So congrats on the job little Babo~” She grinned and her Brother tried to return her smile, although at that exact moment Jiyong gently pressed the cloth causing Seunghyun to yelp again.

“Ji that hurts!” He said out loud as if Jiyong couldn’t tell already, consequently forcing Jiyong to shake his head as he kept his eyes focused on Seunghyun’s hand.

“So do you guys have any plans for today or are we going to have to stand here and gawk at you all day?” Daesung asked which he instantly received a glare for.

“We do” Seunghyun firmly replied returning his gaze to Jiyong. On the outside he looked calm but on the inside Seunghyun was freaking out, today was the today that Jiyong would be reunited with his Sister.

“We…we do?” Jiyong stammered looking up at Seunghyun as if he was half asleep or something.

“Yeah we do” Seunghyun lifted his free hand up to flick some rogue hairs from Jiyong’s eyes. “And it’s a surprise, oh but Mihyun I need to talk to you a sec”

“O.K?” Mihyun frowned as Seunghyun gently retracted his hand from Jiyong’s.

“I’ll be a second” Seunghyun held the cloth in place and smiled at his wonderful boyfriend. “Thank you Yongie” He managed to see a little blush creep across Jiyong’s cheeks before he got up, handed Jiyong the cloth, grabbed Mihyun by the arm and dragged her into Jiyong’s bedroom. After shutting the door he pulled her over to the window, opened it (thereby allowing the buzz of traffic to cover up their conversation) and started to explain.

“You remember that I told you about meeting Dami?” Seunghyun stared a little too hard at his Sister but she quickly understood that something was bothering him.

“Yeah, the lady whose kid you found in that toy store?”

“Yeah her, I didn’t tell you something because I thought it was just irrelevant. Dami mentioned that she had a Brother called Jiyong…” As Seunghyun retold the story he kept his voice to a quiet whisper and as the story thickened with Jiyong’s side Seunghyun soon found that his Sister looked lifeless with just hung wide open. “So what I need you to do is this” He paused and thought for a moment.

“Anything Hyun, you name it”

“Right, are you at work today?” Seunghyun started to pace a little beside Mihyun.

“Yeah I’m on the 2-10pm shift why?”

“Well…” He stopped pacing and returned to his previous position of facing Mihyun. “I need Jiyong preoccupied for a while and kept here…” Seunghyun started to explain his plan whilst Mihyun nodded.

“I think it’ll work” Mihyun agreed once Seunghyun had finished. “I’ll distract Jiyong and the boys, they’ll know the best thing to do”

“Thanks Mimi” Seunghyun turned and went to leave the room but a hand on his arm pulled him back.

“You know you haven’t called me that since we were kids” Mihyun affectionately smiled and Seunghyun could’ve sworn that he saw tears in her eyes.

“Called you what?” Seunghyun blinked scratching the light itch which tickled the back of his head.

“Mimi” That was it, Mihyun was crying. “I love you Hyun and I’m so proud of you” She pulled him into a tight hug and squeezed the life out of him. To tell you the truth the nickname had just slipped from his mouth and until she mentioned it Seunghyun didn’t even second guess it. However, the confusion was soon replaced by happiness and he squeezed her back. “I’ve got my baby Brother back”

Now Seunghyun was sniffling at just how delicate Mihyun sounded, which was the total opposite of who she normally was, and it was then that he decided that no matter what Jiyong needed his Sister in his life. He’d do anything to get this to work.

 


 

Seunghyun ran with his phone in hand, pressed up to his ear, as he spoke to the person down the other end of line. Luckily Jiyong didn’t give him twenty questions when he said that he needed to pop out for something and Mihyun backed him up with some lie that he didn’t quite catch.

“Dami-ah I won’t take no for an answer” Seunghyun spoke as he slowed his sprint down to a jog. “I insist that you come over to my house, seeing as I’m always at your place. No, don’t be silly and don’t worry our house is baby proofed. Uh you’re forgetting that I live there right? Oh ha ha ha! No I’m not running, I’m in my kitchen” He lied as he fumbled through his keys and opened the front door. “Well as soon as possible, I have a whole day planned for us and you don’t need to worry about a thing. We’ll just take it easy, I’ve got some child friendly films, come on, what do you say?”

Seunghyun kind of surprised himself with how easy he found it to lie to Dami, he just prayed that this wouldn’t come back and kick him somewhere painful later. Slipping his shoes and coat off, Seunghyun immediately marched upstairs. “Don’t make me come over there and bring you myself” For some reason Dami seemed extra reluctant today and Seunghyun could tell that something was up, although he was so absorbed in his own plan that he daren’t ask her what the matter was.

Finally Dami agreed and said that she’d be over in half an hour. Half an hour. Well Seunghyun had said as soon as possible, he quickly ran to his room and decided that a quick shower was a definite must. Oh and a change of clothes.

 


 

Mihyun rolled her eyes as she and the boys started to return the pillows, blankets and duvets to their former homes. Jiyong was stood behind them, his arms were crossed and a huge pout occupied his face. Mihyun smirked at the sight, Seunghyun hadn’t even been gone for five minutes and Jiyong already looked completely lost.

“So what you’re saying is Seunghyun had to go and pick some things up?” Jiyong’s voice echoed around the room and some frustration was easily recognisable in his voice.

“Exactly” Mihyun shrugged “I don’t want to tell you what he had to pick up because it’s a secret but I promise you’ll love it” She looked right to Daesung then left to Bae pleading for some sort of help. The trio were bent down, facing away from Jiyong, and together they rolled the remainder of the blankets up.

“Just cool it Ji, Hyun won’t take long” Daesung offered a small smile to his Girlfriend. An awkward silence soon followed and the air was tense, Mihyun quickly realised it was because Jiyong didn’t believe them and when she turned to swiftly look at him she could see that he looked more than a little upset. Maybe concerned was a better word, or worried that Seunghyun might never come back.

“Make yourself useful Ji and put these away” Bae stood up and stuffed a stack of blankets into Jiyong’s forced open hands. Storming off down the corridor Bae could only watch Jiyong moodily walk away he sighed and turned back to his friends. “Do you think this is best?” He asked as he returned back to the floor to pile some pillows together.

“Yes it is” Mihyun sternly replied “We just have to trust Seunghyun-” The rest of Mihyun’s sentence was cut off by the sound of Jiyong’s voice. Immediately everyone dropped what they were doing and headed for Jiyong’s bedroom.

The door was closed and it was obvious that Jiyong was on the phone to someone, Daesung went to turn the door handle but Mihyun grabbed his hand and gently pulled it away. Quietly they listened in to the conversation

“Appa I really don’t care anymore. What else can you take away from me? Huh? No family, no you listen to me!” Jiyong’s voice suddenly rose and he was shouting. “You dare say his name to me?! How dare you!! Yes we are in love and I swear to god if you even think about going near him I’ll- You know what I don’t need to listen to this! You’re pathetic! If you want me to be your dead Son then you could at least start treating me like one! You say you don’t care but here you are phoning me up and trying to convince me that I’m wrong. No you’re wrong! Oh so you’re not frightened by me? Really? Are you sure about that Appa? I mean out of all the things you taught me how to hit someone was definitely at the top of the list, so why shouldn’t I? You forced me to be this person, you did! So you ing listen to me and you listen real ing hard: Seunghyun and I, we’re permanent and nothing will ever tear us apart again. NO YOU LISTEN TO ME I DIDN’T SAY THAT I WAS FINISHED!” Jiyong bellowed with seemingly every single ounce of anger that he could gather as the trio on the other side of the door heard a loud thump, it sounded as if he’d just punched something.

“So now you’re scared for me? Now you’re scared? I’m the monster?!” A manic laugh sounded from the bedroom, the switch in Jiyong’s personality honestly frightened the startled witnesses. “WELL GUESS WHAT APPA YOU CREATED THIS MONSTER SO IT’S YOUR OWN DAMN FAULT!” Another thump.

“I LEARNED EVERYTHING FROM YOU SO CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR WONDERFUL PARENTING SKILLS!” An even louder thud.

“AND DON’T EVEN BOTHER TO CONTACT ME EVER AGAIN, AS FAR AS WE’RE CONCERNED I’M DEAD” One more thump.

“YOU KNOW WHAT SEUNGHYUN IS THE GREATEST ING PERSON IN THE WORLD AND NOTHING YOU CAN SAY WILL EVER CHANGE THAT! (…Silence…) Appa, listen to me because this is the last thing that I will ever say to you. YOU.”

The three witnesses simultaneously gasped and stood dumbstruck. No one could have ever imagined that so much anger and resentment could held captive within such a normally sweet and happy guy. Mihyun slowly grabbed a hold of Daesung and then Bae’s wrists before they sidestepped back into the living area, still utterly shell shocked. Jiyong had finally stood up to his parents. The trio fell back against the sofa.

 


 

“Hello lovelies, come on in!” Seunghyun cheerily waved Dami and Yonghyun in, once Yonghyun was within holding distance Seunghyun scooped him up from the floor and smothered his adorable face with little kisses.

“Your house is so beautiful, I mean, wow~” Dami replied rather spaced out as Seunghyun steered her with his free arm into the kitchen, after they had quickly slipped their shoes off.

“Thank you” He smiled at Yonghyun’s cute fit of giggles and held the boy close, planting one last kiss on the side of his head.

“Yunnie I missed you” Yonghyun sighed into Seunghyun’s chest whilst he snuggled into the embrace.

“I missed you too Little Hyun” Seunghyun walked around the kitchen counter as Dami sat down on one of the stools. “Would you like a drink? I mean we haven’t got a great deal but…”

“Water would be lovely thank you” Dami replied still amazed by her surroundings. Balancing Yonghyun with one arm whilst the other reached for glass Seunghyun quickly ran into a problem.

“Hyun I’m going to have to put you down a second” Seunghyun laughed as the little one protested.

“No I want to help!” Yonghyun simply replied making grabby hands at Dami’s glass.

“O.K” Big Hyun sighed and handed Yonghyun the cup, with an outstretched hand Yonghyun amazingly held it still as Seunghyun turned the tap on. The pair worked like a dream team and Dami couldn’t help but laugh once Seunghyun had turned the tap off. The two Hyun’s turned around and with the same bashful smile held out the glass to Dami.

“I could get used to this service” She joked before taking a light sip of her drink.

“Only the best for the best” Seunghyun nonchalantly replied as he rounded the counter and took up a seat beside Dami, moving Yonghyun onto his lap.

“So Seunghyun” Dami spoke after a few minutes of silence passed. “When do I get to meet your mystery guy?”

“All in due time” Seunghyun casually replied trying to remain calm. “Shall we go and sit in the living room for a while? He’ll be here soon” He went to move but a heavy lump landed against his chest, Seunghyun wanted to laugh but couldn’t because Yonghyun had fallen asleep on him. “Am I really that boring?” He questioned looking from Dami to her Son then back to Dami.

“Of course not” Dami clicked her tongue “It’s funny because it’s never that easy to get Yonghyun to sleep” She laughed, a little bitterly, and then explained. “Normally I spend a good hour or so trying to get him to sleep. He must really feel safe with you”

“Oh” Seunghyun slowly replied automatically feeling sorry for Dami, she must be exhausted.

“You’ll be a fantastic Father one day” She smiled at Seunghyun before sliding off the stool and getting to her feet. “So where’s the living room?”

“Ah this way” Seunghyun answered shell shocked, though the impact of her words wasn’t obvious to Dami so he was able to scramble to his feet. To Seunghyun that was one of the biggest compliments that he had ever received. He’d never thought about having a family before, let alone thought of ever being a Father, and the small thought made him happy. Maybe one day he could start a family of his own. Maybe…

After leading Dami into the living room Seunghyun gently placed Yonghyun down on one of the sofas whilst his Mother sat down on the other. Yonghyun merely wiggled about a bit before he yawned, still fast asleep, and Seunghyun took this as his cue.

“I’m just going to get a blanket for him, won’t be long” Dami simply responded with a nod and Seunghyun left the room. Once he was back in the kitchen he slipped his phone from his pocket and texted Mihyun:

We’re ready can you bring Ji over ASAP?

He left the kitchen and went upstairs to the airing cupboard, just as he was pulling a blanket out his phone buzzed. Slinging the blanket over his shoulder he looked down at the phone:

Hyun we’ve got a problem, Ji’s parents phoned and now he won’t leave his room. Bae’s been trying to coax him out for a while now.

Oh god no! Seunghyun heavily exhaled and closed his eyes for a minute. He had to think, think Seunghyun think…

Mimi go to his door, phone me and put me on speaker.

His now opened eyes scanned the hallway surrounding him before he wandered down it and into his bedroom. A minute later Seunghyun’s phone buzzed

“Mi?” Seunghyun questioned sitting on the floor behind his bedroom door.

“I’m going to put you on speaker in two seconds” Seunghyun closed his eyes again and took in a deep breath, in all honesty he felt as if he was going to have a panic attack or something. “There” Mihyun said after the phone crackled.

“Jiyong?” Seunghyun called his name a few times before he heard a shuffle and choked voice reply

“Seunghyun? Are you home?”

Home, Seunghyun smiled at the word.

“No I’m not, Mihyun’s put me on speaker, Ji I have no time to explain but I need you to come out and let Daesung drive you here. I’ve got a surprise for you and I won’t take no as an answer”

“But…but Seunghyun…” Jiyong weakly stammered.

“Nope, no buts, come on” Seunghyun was shaking just from hearing Jiyong’s broken voice. Perhaps this wasn’t supposed to work? Perhaps Seunghyun had done something stupid again? He suddenly felt overwhelmingly sick.

“Fine” Jiyong’s sigh brought Seunghyun back from his thoughts and he sighed too.

“Thank you” Seunghyun softly replied. “Now get over here so I can hug you” He smiled when he heard Jiyong laugh.

“We’ll be over soon” Daesung’s voice sounded over the phone.

“Great” Seunghyun could just about breathe properly again and his shakes calmed down. He could do this, he had to do this for Jiyong, and he had to be strong… Seunghyun hung up before Jiyong could protest any further. After spending a couple of minutes recuperating Seunghyun gradually rose back to his feet. As he left the room, climbed the stairs, and headed back to the living room he kept mentally reassuring himself. This would work.

 


 

A knock on the door forced both Seunghyun and Dami to jump in surprise, neither realising that they had been sat in silence for almost an hour. Seunghyun scrambled to his feet and raced for the door without saying a word to his guest. He was too nervous, this was about to happen and Seunghyun would be lying if he didn’t admit that he was well and truly scared. Wrenching the door open Seunghyun tried his best to smile and swept Jiyong up into his arms.

“You’re here!” Seunghyun said probably a little too loudly and a little too out of breath.

“Well of course I-” Jiyong tried to respond but about halfway through his face suddenly greeted Seunghyun’s chest, the rest of his sentence was lost in the fresh t-shirt of his boyfriend. A slight nod to Mihyun let her know that Seunghyun was alright and she backed off down the path, returning to Daesung’s car. Once it had safely pulled away Seunghyun led Jiyong in

“I’ve got a surprise for you in the living room” Seunghyun couldn’t hide his nervousness anymore as Jiyong took forever to untie his shoelaces and remove said item of clothing.

“Oh?” Jiyong looked a little excited but his face still had evident traces of sadness, from Jiyong’s puffy red eyes to his pinkish nose, causing Seunghyun to look away for a moment. Without another word Seunghyun walked behind his boyfriend, held his shoulders and guided him through the kitchen and into the living room. Just as they entered the living room door Seunghyun said

“Dami I’d like you to meet Jiyong, my boyfriend, and Jiyong I’d like you to meet Dami, your Sister” He gently let go of Jiyong’s shoulders and went to the sofa to pick up Yonghyun who was now silently awake. Dami shot up from the sofa and stared at her Brother as if she’d just seen a ghost, well, all things considered she probably had.

“Dami?!” Jiyong breathlessly looked from Dami to the boy in his boyfriend’s arms, Seunghyun moved to stand beside her.

“Dami your Brother never committed suicide, your family lied to you because your Brother is gay and they refused to accept him” He tried to delicately explain however, his explanation was cut off when Dami shrieked and lurched for Jiyong. She squeezed him into the tightest hug known to human civilisation and Seunghyun smiled as Jiyong tearfully crumbled into her arms. Now that was Seunghyun’s cue, he held Yonghyun close and left the living room area giving the siblings some time alone.

Seunghyun stood just a little way from the living room door and watched the Kwon children embrace each other. Without realising what he was doing he smiled and held Yonghyun closer to him, the boy sat on his hip as if it was any other day of the given week. Little Hyun was watching his Mother hug the newest acquaintance in his life with wide eyes and after a minute of watching asked

“Yunnie, who is that man?”

“That man” Seunghyun delicately whispered “Is your Uncle Yonghyun. His name is Jiyong and he is the most beautiful man I know” He smiled down to Little Hyun who slowly returned the gaze with an unsure smile. “He’s your Umma’s Brother and you’ll love him”

“I already do” Yonghyun’s smile widened. “He’s just like Umma” Seunghyun’s smile widened too though his vision was rapidly becoming blurry. The Hyun’s glanced back at Jiyong and Dami

“You make sure that you love him with all of your heart Little Hyun” Seunghyun whispered gently kissing the top of Yonghyun’s head. “Because he hasn’t had a lot of it in his life.”

 


 

Currently Seunghyun was in his bedroom lying down on his bed with Yonghyun wrapped up in his arms, the little guy was sleeping again and Seunghyun knew he could only spend so long in the kitchen before his legs went dead. Thus before he hit the point of collapsing he carried Yonghyun up to his room and they cuddled until the younger had fallen asleep curled up to Seunghyun’s chest. Normally Seunghyun would’ve worried about the whole drool situation but today he was too happy to care, he was exhausted but so relieved by Dami’s reaction – even after all this time she still loved her Brother so much.

Now that was true love, no it wasn’t the stuff found in romance novels, it was so much more than that and there were so many levels to love, no one would ever be able to understand the full scope of such a thing. It was all well and good that Jiyong had Seunghyun’s kind of love but now he had the love of sibling, a love from his own flesh and blood, it was so much more than what Seunghyun could offer him. Though the two types of love were incomparable, it was just nice to know that Jiyong could, with time, learn that he was loved by many and that made Seunghyun unbelievably happy. 

The weight of his thoughts caused Seunghyun’s eyelids to feel heavy, although just as he was on the verge of falling asleep his bedroom opened and in walked the Kwon siblings. Jiyong entered first holding the hand of Dami who followed, the two silently walked to the foot of the bed and once there Jiyong cleared his throat – fully waking Seunghyun from his dozy state.

“Hyun” Jiyong softly called, his voice still raw from crying.

“Yeah?” Seunghyun yawned but looked up at the beautiful siblings, they looked so alike and so elated.

“Thank you” He smiled before continuing “Being reunited with my Sister, it’s the best surprise that anyone has ever given me”

“And bringing my beautiful baby Brother back to me, I can’t thank you enough” Dami smiled too. The only thing was before Seunghyun could reply the siblings looked at each other and then invaded his bed. Jiyong crawled up beside Seunghyun whilst Dami snuggled up next to her Son, once they were comfortable (and Seunghyun had wrapped an arm around Jiyong) Dami whispered

“Jiyong, meet your baby Nephew Yonghyun” She was sat sideways with one hand holding her head up whilst her other hand gently her Son’s peaceful sleeping face.

“Yonghyun” Jiyong grinned as he leaned on Seunghyun and reached a hand over to his new Nephew.

“You know where the Yong comes from right?” Dami asked raising an eyebrow at her Brother accompanying that with a gleaming smile. Jiyong just shook his head in reply. “It comes from Jiyong, meaning brave and the Hyun means wisdom” Seunghyun was busy smiling at Dami’s words until he felt something wet land on his shirt and this time it wasn’t Yonghyun. He turned his head back to look at his boyfriend whose eyes were streaming once more.

“You really named your child after me?” He choked on his tears and Seunghyun tenderly started to rub his back in small circles.

“Of course” Dami answered without hesitation. “I thought that I’d lost you forever and I’m so glad it never happened. I love you so much and you should have never experienced such a thing” She fiercely replied. “I can’t believe I let my Son be around those people” Jiyong went to sigh and say something though before he could Seunghyun stepped in

“Don’t even try to defend them” He glanced at Jiyong with raised eyebrows. “Stop it” Seunghyun continued to stare, it was like he could see Jiyong’s brain ticking away and he didn’t like it one bit.

“Yeah I don’t want to hear it” Dami jumped in “There’s no excuse for such behaviour” Jiyong looked hopelessly from his boyfriend to his Sister, open mouthed and eyebrows knitted together. “Let’s just move on from that and into the future” Seunghyun smiled at the sensible suggestion. “Besides they’ve already wasted enough of our time and I need to get to know my baby Jiyong all over again” She reached over her Son and Seunghyun to pat the top of Jiyong’s head. He laughed at the contact then laughed some more when Dami pretended to slap Seunghyun’s face as her hand returned to her Son. Seunghyun playfully huffed with a small smirk still curving his lips.

“So where do we start?” Jiyong asked, the question sounding a little too heavy compared to his previous fit of giggles.

“Well…” Dami thought for a moment “Would you like to come over to my apartment? We can watch some films, doss about together, oh do you still like meatballs and spaghetti because I can cook you some? Oh and we can stop off at the shop on the way and get some of that caramel ice cream that you used to love so much and-” By this point Dami had sat up wringing her hands together in excitement.

“What about Seunghyun?” Jiyong quietly asked as the man in question looked back at him.

“I think you two need to spend some time alone” Seunghyun honestly replied “Go and have some fun Ji! I can babysit Yonghyun for the night if you want” Both Seunghyun and Jiyong sat up as he spoke.

“But” Jiyong went to argue again.

“Honestly Ji, go spend some time with your Sister and I think mine will enjoy babysitting duty with me” He smiled when Jiyong puffed his cheeks out in that endearing way of protest. “I’ll return Yonghyun to you in the morning, now both of you go before he wakes” Moving his arm from Jiyong’s shoulder Seunghyun started to shoo them away, once the siblings were off the bed he followed them out of the room and down the stairs. They were by the front door when from out of nowhere Dami grabbed Seunghyun and tightly hugged him.

“Thank you Hyun” She smiled as they pulled away from each other.

“It’s no problem, really” Seunghyun smiled then reached for the front door, Dami left first which left just one person. He turned back around to face his boyfriend and his smile stretched at the sight, Jiyong always seemed to look so beautiful. “You get out of my house before I keep you locked in here forever” Seunghyun joked taking a step closer to the love of his life. Not another word was said as Jiyong yanked Seunghyun into an even tighter embrace than his Sister, sniffling into Seunghyun’s warmth and silently thanking him for everything.

“I love you” Jiyong simply said as he pulled back slightly, still wrapped up in Seunghyun’s arms.

“I love you too Yongie, now go” He gently pecked his boyfriend’s lips before he rudely shoved him out of the door. Laughing Seunghyun shut the door in Jiyong’s stunned face and a second later he could hear giggling from the other side then footsteps trundle off together.

“That couldn’t have gone any better” Seunghyun grinned to himself as he returned to the stairs and then eventually his bedroom, back to Yonghyun. Now it was time for Jiyong to start afresh, though Seunghyun still had one thing left to finish.

When he opened his door Seunghyun was met with cute wide eyes, Yonghyun was sat on his bed staring around the room as if he was on another planet.

“Hyun” Seunghyun softly called walking over to his bed and sitting beside the little guy. “How do you feel about the spending evening with me?” Yonghyun’s eyes instantly lit up and he started to bounce up and down on the spot.

“Yeah~!” He enthusiastically clapped.

“I need you to help me with a very important mission” Seunghyun spoke as he stood from the bed, rummaged underneath it and pulled out the white cardboard box.

“A mission?” Yonghyun tilted his head to the side as Seunghyun returned to the bed, he sat down so that he was behind Yonghyun and placed the box to the left of his outstretched legs. Yonghyun excitedly tapped at Big Hyun’s knees as the older man opened the box and started unloading its contents onto the bed.

“Yeah, I need you to help me organise this little book but it’s our little secret” Seunghyun mindlessly rubbed Yonghyun’s stomach with one hand as the other leafed through some photos, the little guy was fascinated by them and he reached out for one small photo of Jiyong from their perfect day.

“Jiyong” Yonghyun correctly pointed out holding the photo right up close to his little face.

“Yes that’s right” Seunghyun chuckled placing his pile of photos down and peering at the one Yonghyun was intent on holding. “But you should call him Samchon, O.K?”

“O.K!” Yonghyun giggled still examining the photo. “Samchon has a pretty smile~”

“You bet he does” Seunghyun gently ruffled up Yonghyun’s hair. “Now” He reached for the little black book and opened it “What do you think should go next Little Hyun?”

“This one Yunnie” Yonghyun answered waving the only photo that he was holding about then placing it on the top of the open book which Seunghyun had just balanced in the middle of his legs.

“Are you sure?” Seunghyun teased reaching in the box for the double sided tape.

“Yeah~!” Was the overly fervent answer from Yonghyun.

“And what word should we write with this one?” Seunghyun asked sticking the tape to the back of the photo and peeling off the plastic.

“I want to write pretty” Yonghyun could only watch in amazement as Seunghyun stuck the photo down on the page and then picked up a pen.

“Let’s write it together then, if you hold the pen I’ll help you” A small hand gripped onto the pen as a much bigger hand curled around the smaller, with Seunghyun’s help Yonghyun wrote the words “Pretty Samchon” just underneath the photo.

 

A few pages later and Yonghyun was still fascinated by arranging the different photos and sticking them in, of course Seunghyun didn’t let the little guy choose everything he just let him believe that he had. When they were having trouble with one particular page, Seunghyun found himself torn between two photos, his bedroom door opened and in walked Mihyun. What her Brother didn’t notice was that she had been standing there for a while, soaking up the sight and taking a sneaky photo on her phone.

“And who do we have here?” Mihyun teased as she sat cross legged on the end of Seunghyun’s bed.

“This is Yonghyun, Dami’s Son” Seunghyun explained still carefully eyeing up the two photos that Yonghyun was holding in each hand. “It went really well so they’re spending some time together now”

“Brilliant!” Mihyun grinned as she reached forward and gently pinched Yonghyun’s cushy cheeks. “Aww so cute~” The little guy giggled.

“Yonghyun this is my Sister Mihyun” Seunghyun finally chose one photo and stuck it in.

“Mihyun!” Yonghyun playfully saluted her and she laughed.

“So is this little fella staying the night?” Mihyun questioned briefly looking at what the pair where doing.

“Yeah” Seunghyun replied, mind elsewhere.

“Awesome, well I’ll cook dinner for all four of us then” She pinched Yonghyun’s cheeks one more time, just for good measure, inciting another fit of giggles from the little one.

“Oh is Ma home?” Seunghyun looked up after smoothing his hands over the photo.

“Yeah, I’ll make us some soup. Yonghyun would you like some soup?”

“Yeah~” Yonghyun sounded a little tired now but he still kept a hold of the one photo.

“Great!” Mihyun moved to stand up but Seunghyun spoke up and she turned back to face him.

“I really appreciate everything that you have done for me Sis. I love you so much” Seunghyun carefully reached out and squeezed her hand, Mihyun smiled placing her free hand over her Brother’s to return the squeeze.

“Don’t mention it, it’s what Sisters are for” She winked “I love you so much too, now don’t stay cooped up in here all evening because I’m sure that Ma would love to meet our cute overnight guest”

“Sure I’ll be down soon, I’ll just finish up here” Seunghyun replied as Mihyun stood up. “We’ve nearly filled the entire book haven’t we Hyun?”

“Yeah!!” That strong enthusiasm was back.

“That’s wonderful Hyun, Ji’s going to love it” Mihyun beamed taking a few steps closer to the door.

“I hope so” Seunghyun sighed sticking in the last photo he had and realising that he a few pages left. Suddenly an idea hit him however, that was for another day and Seunghyun started to pack everything back up. For a moment he wondered how Jiyong was, if he was enjoying himself or not, what film they were watching. Seunghyun soon found that his smile was back, he’d just have to wait until tomorrow when he was sure that Jiyong would babble onto him about how much of fantastic time he had and Seunghyun couldn’t wait to hear all about it.

 


 

In the end we're all just chalk lines on the concrete,
Drawn only to be washed away,
For the time that I've been given,
I am what I am.

I'd rather hate you for everything you are,
Than ever love you for something you are not,
I'd rather you hate me for everything I am,
Than have you love me for something that I can't -

It's never enough, it's never enough,
No matter what I say,
It's never enough, no it's never enough,
No matter who I try to be,
It's never enough, no it's never enough,
No matter how I try to change,
It's never enough, never never enough,
I'll never be what you want me to be
.

- Five Finger Death Punch's Never Enough