13th Voice

Can You Hear Me?

The next day, the corridor in front of the room was crowded with students from different sections peeking at the windows and doors. I was about to go in by squishing in between them but I was pushed away instead and landed in JungShin's chest as he catches me with his hands.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

I nodded and said, "Yes."

We went inside the room together. With his arm on my back, i felt secure.

There was a small crowd gathering around YongHwa's chair. I watched them as I took a seat. Mr.Choi looks like a business man agaun, in his tie and oily hair.

"Class! Please take your seat!"

When the crowd disappear, i saw SeoHyun sitted on YongHwa's chair. I was looking at her 'til she noticed and smile at me. I look away and felt embarassed about it.

"Okay class, as you can see Ms.SeoHyun is here. She will be a substitute in YongHwa's place as he is away in Japan to promote their drama, 'You're Beatiful'," Mr.Choi announced.

SeoHyun stood up and said, "Please take care of me," then bowed elegantly. Everyone was in awe of her and whisphering to each other.

She's so pretty....

...Like an angel.

 

After class ends, SeoHyun walks to my seat and greeted me with a bright smile.

"Hello! You're the one with Yong at the studio last time ne~?" she asked while bending her head slightly to the side then offered her hand and said

"I'm SeoHyun."

I took it and replied, "I'm JinYi. Park JinYi."

 

The students in the cafeteria seems to have their eyes glued onto our table, mostly at SeoHyun who is eating fresh fruits which she brought herself. She saw me looking at her and offered me some. I grabbed some apple chips and placed them in my mouth. We continued eating in silence.

A phone rung. It was JongHyun's.

"Hello? Oh, Hyung! How are you? Uhh, okay,okay." He turned to SeoHyun and gave the phone. "It's YongHwa hyung. He said he wants to talk to you."

SeoHyun stops eating and wipes her face with a handkerchief. The phone is now in her hands. She seems happy while talking to the phone. I felt somewhat jealous of her. Not only that she's pretty, she's also smart and talented. Plus her feelings and YongHwa's seems mutual. I stood up first from the table and placed my tray back, leaving them to themselves.

Jealousy had taken over me i guess... But I don't think i have the right to... I'm just an ordinary girl to the eyes of those beautiful guys. I thought as i took a deep breath.

_______________________________________________________

The air in the garden is always refreshing. All the flowers are in full bloom and the grass are all green.

"Hello little fellas," I said to a school of fish in the pond and threw some crackers to them. I was absorbed in what i'm doing when my phone rang.

"Hello?" I said to the caller on the phone.

"Hello." a familiar voice answered back.

"Who's this?"

"Guess who. kekeke~"

"If you're not going to tell me who you are after the count of three, i'll cut the call. One... Two... Thr-"

"Okay,okay! It's me. yongHwa. Jeez, I just want to make you laugh."

 

I felt happy and excited when i hear it was him. Even if his voice was already a hint, I still want to be sure that it is really him.

 

"So, why did you call?"

"hmm, nothing. How've you been?"

"Me?... I'm doing fine. You?"

"Genki genki!"

"Genki...genki? what's that?"

"it means good or well in nihonggo."

"Ohh..."

"Ohh..." he copied what I said and how I said it. "Did you miss me?"

I want to say yes but he might think i'm too bold.

"I don't know," i said in a playful tone.

"Wah... why you don't know?"

I can't control my giggle so he heard it through the phone.

"it's nice to hear your laughter. Sound's like music to my ears."

"Where did those lines came from? Who are you? Cassanova?" then i laughed at him.

 

After a few minutes of chatting we bid farewell to each other.

"I got to go. We still have some fan signing and stuffs to attend to."

"Okay Mr. Idol. Take care."

"Sayonara...daisuki..."

"Eh?"

He just giggled and then the line was cut off.

 

 

I guess... I have a part in his life after all.... even if it's just a bit, i'm glad i'm a part of it.....