19th Voice | Book 2

Can You Hear Me?

“Oh, Minhyuk-ah, you’re here,” Dad greeted him.

“Yeah. Da– I mean the director asked for you.”

“Oh, brother did? He should have called me...” dad took out his phone. “Uh oh... I guess I’m dried out of battery.” Dad went upstairs to charge is phone.

“So, how are you?” Minhyuk asked.

I sat down on the sofa. “I’m doing fine,” I answered.

“Sorry Jinyi but I need to go back to the office to make some calls. Seems like the lead for our upcoming drama got hospitalized and I need to schedule an audition again.” My dad sighed before he walked out through the door.

“I think I need to go home now...” Minhyuk stood up from the sofa after dad walked out of the front door. Suddenly, dad pokes out his head,

“Minhyuk-ah, why don’t you sleep over tonight? Since Jinyi just got home, she might be feeling a bit lonely.”

Sheesh... dad is making a big deal of me sleeping alone.

“It’s okay dad. You might bother Minhyuk.”

“Oh really? Then dad looks at me then at Minhyuk.

“Well, I don’t really mind. I’ll just tell mom that I’ll be at uncle’s house.” He took out his phone to call his mom.

Dad left immediately as soon as Minhyuk says okay. It was a bit awkward then since I didn’t remember him back then when we were classmates at SAHS. Pseudo classmate I mean, since it was just for the show.

There was complete silence as soon as dad left the house.

“Do you want some tea?” he offered.

“Uhm, sure.” My voice was stiff as I tried to let out a few words.

What should I do? This is a bit awkward... a guy and a girl sleeping under the same roof... but hes my cousin so it’s okay...right?

he came back with two white mugs in his hands. He gave me one.

“Thank you.” It was very hot.

There was an awkward silence for another 15 minutes.

“So...” both of us says at the same time.

“You first,” again, both of us said at the same time.

“I insist. Go ahead.” Minhyuk said.

“Uhm... so I heard from dad... that we’re cousins... but why didn’t you say anything back then?” I said and took a sip of the tea.

He was looking at his mug, smiled and then look at me in the eyes.

“Well, I thought you’d realize it soon.”

“Erm... I’m sorry... I guess I’m at fault.” I looked away and scratch my cheeks with my finger.

“So how are Yonghwa and the others?”

“They’re doing good. We had released our full length album last year, then our 3rd mini album 6 months ago. Jonghyun hyung and I got casted in a movie last year. Later on I got casted in two dramas, Jungshin is currently casted and filming a new drama, then Jonghyun hyung had just finished filming his first drama and Yonghwa hyung is being lazy at the studio producing songs for the new girl group...” the information was endless from Minhyuk’s mouth as he still continues.

“ahhh... it’s just two years since I left but it seems you guys are getting busy and popular at the same time.”

He smiled again, “yep. But we really miss you Jinyi-ah~”

“Aigoo, what’s that? Aegyo?” I laughed at him and he laughed back.

My cute little cousin is now a very handsome talented man.

______

The sun shone over the living room, onto my face. I just realized that I slept on the sofa last night.

I’m gonna go ahead. I made breakfast. It’s on the dining table.

I went to the bathroom first and wash my face.

I’m really home. I said to myself  as I look on the mirror then I went to the kitchen and saw the plate wrapped in a cling wrap. I removed its cover  and took the metal chopsticks beside it.

Yum! This is good!

After eating breakfast, I walked around the house. Looking at some pictures and trophies of my dad. Then I saw a picture of us. Our family. It was framed in gold and doesn’t have any dust and looks like it was always cleaned.

I guess I’m wrong about dad...

 


SEMBREAK IS COMING!

OCTOBER 1 IS COMING AFTER 2 HOURS!

THEN ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE KFANTASY!

WOOOT WOOT!!!!