5th Voice

Can You Hear Me?

In the peaceful province of Suncheon, my mother resides in a one-story house.
As for my  father…he left my mother when I was 5. That's what she told me though. Only vague memories from 13 years ago were left and a locket with a picture of me, my mom and him.
The only thing that I know about him was that he stayed in Seoul when we used to live there but then things got complicated.
I was my intention to find him that's why i studied here...
and if we do meet at all... I just don’t know what to say…

I’m Hungry
I opened my fridge and found a bottle of water and an orange. I tried the cabinets but nada, none. I have no choice but to go to a convenience store. From my school uniform, I changed my clothes into something more comfortable. I slipped on a pair of white sneakers, red sweatpants and a black sweater shirt with a big ‘Pucca’ design in front and my hair is still in a bun. I looked in the mirror, fixed my bangs and I’m ready to go.

The cold wind breezes through my face, slicing into to as I stroll to the nearest convenience store.
When I was about to grab the door handle, I saw Lee Jungshin about to do the same.
He was wearing a black leather jacket, underneath was a white turtle neck shirt and a black tight jeans. Swiftly, he grabs the handle and opened the door for me and he came in after.
I went to the cup noodles section, picking between ramen and jjampong, but I end up with jjampong. My hands were about to reach for it when Lee Jungshin grabs it and gave it to me. He also grabs one for himself.

“Thank you,” I said then bowed.

When I was all set to go to the counter, I noticed Lee Jungshin seems to be troubled.
So I approach him to offer some help.

“Uhm… is there a problem?” I asked.
“… I forgot my wallet.” Showing his empty pockets.
“Ah. I’ll pay for it,” I said to the clerk.
“You don’t really have to…” he said with a low voice.
“It’s okay. Think of it as my thank you.” From a straight face, his lips curved to a smile.
This is my first time to see the untouchable smile of Lee Jungshin.

We both sat across each other outside on a wooden umbrella table.
A few minutes had pass as we were waiting in silence for our food to cook.
I was about to open my mouth to start a conversation when he spoke something about my shirt.

“Your shirt… Looks a lot like you,” he said with a serious face.
“ah…ha.ha.ha… thanks.” I feel like I’m gonna fall off my chair.

The noodles looks cooked so we start to eat up.

Silence~
My thoughts were fighting in my head…
Right: uwah… he must’ve been bored.
Left: of course he is! You should at least say something too.
Right: wahh… you’re right! pabo pabo*

*pabo=stupid

I drank some water water to wash off the noodles down, but I choke and started coughing hard. *cough cough*

Lee Jungshin stopped eating and swallowed the remaining noodles in his mouth and asks,
“Are you okay?” he placed a hand on my back and came closer. My eyes feel a bit teary but I managed to nod him an OK. He gave me a moss green colored handkerchief and I wipe my eyes with it.
People looks at us then whisper to each other, and some quickly walks pass us then looks back at us.
They might be thinking that we’re having a lover’s quarrel.

“I thing we should finish our noodles FAST,” I suggested.

Lee Jungshin walked me to my apartment without even saying anything.
“Uhm… Do you want some tea?” I offered.
He just shook his head and said, “I need to go…”
“Ohh… Okay. Take care and Thank You.”

I stayed outside for a while, watching him walk away with his back on me.
The thing that I’m amazed about him was his height. He’s the tallest one in their group. Plus he gives off this… untouchable aura that makes me want to know more about him…

I took off everything from my pocket and put in on the table when I got inside my apartment. I was about to go to watch TV when I saw Jungshin’s Handkerchief.
Again, I forgot to return it along with Minhyuk’s.

Tomorrow. I promose I’ll return it tomorrow…
I put Jungshin’ hanky inside the drawer besides Minhyuk’s.
now, for my favorite TV show…

As I was surfing the channels, I passed by a show that feature Yonghwa with an another girl.
Seohyun maybe…
Instead of watching my favorite show, I unconsciously started watching ‘We Got Married’. Yonghwa really do take good care of Seohyun. Buying themselves a ring, going to an amusement park, buying her a guitar, and… teaching her how to play…

As I watch them closely, I started to think that they really suit each other…